• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

10 things your Government and Food Scientists are giving your children...

Started by Quick Karl, June 23, 2014, 10:09:47 PM

Quick Karl

10 things your Government and Food Scientists are giving your children, in the name of higher profits - brought to you by college educated paragons of society.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-things-snack-food-companies-121029056.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 23, 2014, 10:09:47 PM
10 things your Government and Food Scientists Parents are giving your their children, in the name of higher profits because they can't be bothered to learn to source fresh food and learn to cook - brought to you by college educated paragons of society by willful ignorance and a lack of education.

FIFY...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 24, 2014, 01:22:36 AM
Fucking retard.

You're suggesting that the Government and scientists force food into children and not their parents? Parents are absolved of the responsibility? Oh okay.

Isn't it time you opened another thread? You've only got 56% of the total political OP's. You're slacking.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 24, 2014, 01:40:45 AM
You're suggesting that the Government and scientists force food into children and not their parents? Parents are absolved of the responsibility? Oh okay.

Isn't it time you opened another thread? You've only got 56% of the total political OP's. You're slacking.

And you have 10% of the IQ of a dead ant - you're improving!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 24, 2014, 01:51:00 AM
And you have 10% of the IQ of a dead ant - you're improving!

I see, your answer to a question is to simply try and insult? You hadn't thought it through had you? Parents officially don't decide what their children eat; Remember folks QK told you first. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 24, 2014, 01:40:45 AM

Not sure what the situation in Britain is but here in Obamaland many of the children are now on free "school lunch programs" and school have even banned, or strongly discouraged, that parents pack a school lunch for their children and make them buy lunch from the school. They also are even starting to provide breakfast (because American parents are presumed to be too stupid or just too poor to feed their own children. Granted many are with the open-border, public education, and the bad economy.) There is even a push for breakfast and lunch programs during the summer when school is not in session.

Mrs.Obama has tried, supposedly, to make the school lunch more healthy using the usual top-down government demand approach, but generally this has just meant more soggy vegetables and fruit (likely imported from 3rd world nations, GMO, and sprayed with the normal chemical pesticides) and the children not eating them at all. So more wasted food.  Also, agriculture is heavily subsidized in the USA (like in Europe) but often to the detriment of small farmers or farmers who go organic or non-GMO strains.

Lastly in Obamaland many people get outright free food via various social programs (SNAP, etc.) which he has expanded vastly. Supposedly this is to provide food to poor people. However they often buy crap (basically) like sodas, processed foods, snacks, etc. In some State food assistance systems the card works just like an ATM and people can even buy cigarettes and alcohol (or sell them for cash to buy illegal drugs.) Rules to stop these abuses almost always meets strong opposition from leftists who say that is discrimination, "unfair", etc.

Jackstar

I expected this thread to be a list of chemicals, memes, and propaganda, not urls and walls of text. Here, I'll start:

glyphosate
atrizine
fluoride

come on, everyone! Numfar! Do the dance that Union Carbide taught you!

QuoteMedical studies conducted in the year since the chemical leak at the Union Carbide plant in Bhopal, India, indicate that the chemical responsible for the accident causes serious long-term health problems that were unknown before the disaster.

In addition, many American and Indian medical experts say that increasing clinical evidence compiled since the accident shows that the more than 2,000 deaths and 200,000 injuries were not caused solely by the leak of the chemical, methyl isocyanate, a pesticide ingredient.

Instead, they asserted, some methyl isocyanate broke down into hydrogen cyanide, a poison used in the Nazi gas chambers during World War II, before toxic material escaped from a storage tank the night of Dec. 2-3.

Ooops, Godwin's Law, thread's done. My bad. /blush

Quick Karl

I don't know how people can be content to support the FDA when former heads of Monsanto sit in the chairs at the FDA - and not realize that it is the educated "paragons of society" we elect, that keep feeding us political and agricultural poison, while they and their kids eat "the good food" [PS. that WE PAY FOR]...

Jackstar

Monsanto
Mon-sant-o
Mono-sant
One-sant
A-s-a-n-t
SATAN

Yes, Lucifer is that vain. He puts his name on everything he can. Welcome to Earth.

Things will not be like this for long, I'll wager.

Bis-phenol
aspartame
High Fructose corn syrup
2,4-D
MSG and other derivatives
GMO soy
GMO corn
GMO  sugar beets
GMO canola oil
mercury compounds in vaccines
Adjuvants in vaccines creating allergies such as peanut oils resulting in peanut allergies...
Fluorine compounds in drinking water
Fluorine compounds such as Prozac and that family
drugging kids for attention deficit and hyperactivity caused by sugars and coal tar FDA approved food colorants
FDA approved food coloring
revolving door executives in FDA,USDA with corporate operatives(not to mention Treasury and Fed.Reserve appointees with Goldman-Sachs and other bankster-gangsters and no doubt other agencies with exec's that come from companies they are supposed to regulate.
Troops guarding opium fields in Afghanistan.

Jackstar

I knew about all of those, except for 2,4-D, and so you have educated my horizons. Thank you sincerely.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on June 26, 2014, 09:52:33 AM
Bis-phenol
aspartame
High Fructose corn syrup
2,4-D
GMO soy
GMO corn
GMO  sugar beets
GMO canola oil
Adjuvants in vaccines creating allergies such as peanut oils resulting in peanut allergies...
drugging kids for attention deficit and hyperactivity caused by sugars and coal tar FDA approved food colorants
FDA approved food coloring
revolving door executives in FDA,USDA with corporate operatives(not to mention Treasury and Fed.Reserve appointees with Goldman-Sachs and other bankster-gangsters and no doubt other agencies with exec's that come from companies they are supposed to regulate.
Troops guarding opium fields in Afghanistan.

You have to wonder, with all the so-called "environMENTALists in America, how any of this could ever be happening?

Maybe them folks in Washington are just too smart for them?

Jackstar

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 26, 2014, 11:45:24 AM
You have to wonder, with all the so-called "environMENTALists in America, how any of this could ever be happening?

I wanted ORANGE! It gave me lemon-lime.

paladin1991

Quote from: Foodlion on June 26, 2014, 11:37:42 AM
Well since I have no children I guess I'm in luck.
Fm the looks of your avatar, I'm guessing that's by choice of the females.

Bis-phenol
  - Claims exaggerated
aspartame
  - decades of research show its safe for human consumption
High Fructose corn syrup
  - absolutely Agree on this one... and I'd add Hardened Palm Oil As well. Avoid processed foods
2,4-D
  - Selected derivatives have been banned... seems like nasty stuff... but has a few narrow uses
  - only bad if if you're prone to Migraines
GMOs etc
  - 600 studies show it's safe
  - Thiomersal is only used in one common vaccine, for influenza and is to make it safer
  - Not true
  - 70 years of research show Flouride is fine.
  - There is no flouride in prozac and The efficacy of SSRIs is well documented
drugging kids for attention deficit and hyperactivity
  - it's normally the colourants that parents of ADHD children are advised to avoid but drugs in lieu of parenting seems dubious at best.
revolving door executives in FDA,USDA with corporate operatives(not to mention Treasury and Fed.Reserve appointees with Goldman-Sachs and other bankster-gangsters and no doubt other agencies with exec's that come from companies they are supposed to regulate
  - rich guys protecting their peers couldn't agree more - how many bankers went to jail?
Troops guarding opium fields in Afghanistan...
  - I was sceptical of this but it seems to be true.. sadly.

2,4-D has not been banned 2.4.5-T has been banned as well as Silvex(2,4,5,TD) In fact the next generation of GMO's are being  'tuned' to be immune to 2,4-D as 'weeds' are becoming immune to glyphosate(Round-Up). . As far as tests on the safety I have read reports on GMO safety largely from companies research that have a 'vested' interest in the GMO's being considered safe. However I have read many tests that show that GMO's cause problems in the guts of animals and cause changes that result in fertility problems within two to three generations.
Your   rebuttal really looks like disinformation.

Medical applications
Pharmaceuticals
large image of just a capsule with words Prozac and DISTA visible
Prozac: one of several notable fluorine-containing drugs

Of all commercialized pharmaceutical drugs, 20% contain fluorine, including important drugs in many different pharmaceutical classes.[16] Fluorine is added to drug molecules as even a single atom of it can greatly change the chemical properties of the molecule in ways that are desirable.

Because of the considerable stability of the carbon-fluorine bond, many drugs are fluorinated to delay their metabolism, which is the chemical process in which the drugs are turned into compounds that allows them to be eliminated. This prolongs their half-lives and allows for longer times between dosing and activation. For example, an aromatic ring may prevent the metabolism of a drug, but this presents a safety problem, because some aromatic compounds are metabolized in the body into poisonous epoxides by the organism's native enzymes. Substituting a fluorine into a para position, however, protects the aromatic ring and prevents the epoxide from being produced.[citation needed]

Adding fluorine to biologically active organics increases their lipophilicity (ability to dissolve in fats), because the carbonâ€"fluorine bond is even more hydrophobic than the carbonâ€"hydrogen bond. This effect often increases a drug's bioavailability because of increased cell membrane penetration.[17] Although the potential of fluorine being released in a fluoride leaving group depends on its position in the molecule,[18] organofluorides are generally very stable, since the carbonâ€"fluorine bond is strong.

Fluorines also find their uses in common mineralocorticoids, a class of drugs that increase the blood pressure. Adding a fluorine increases both its medical power and anti-inflammatory effects.[19] Fluorine-containing fludrocortisone is one of the most common of these drugs.[20] Dexamethasone and triamcinolone, which are among the most potent of the related synthetic corticosteroids class of drugs, contain fluorine as well.[20]

Several inhaled general anesthetic agents, including the most commonly used inhaled agents, also contain fluorine. The first fluorinated anesthetic agent, halothane, proved to be much safer (neither explosive nor flammable) and longer-lasting than those previously used. Modern fluorinated anesthetics are longer-lasting still and almost insoluble in blood, which accelerates the awakening.[21] Examples include sevoflurane, desflurane, enflurane, and isoflurane, all hydrofluorocarbon derivatives.[22]

Prior to 1980s, antidepressants altered not only the serotonin uptake (lack of serotonin is a reason for a depression), but also the altered norepinephrine uptake; this caused most antidepressants' side effects. The first drug to only alter the serotonin uptake was Prozac; it gave birth to the extensive selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants class and is the best-selling antidepressant. Many other SSRI antidepressants are fluorinated organics, including Celexa, Luvox, and Lexapro.[23] Fluoroquinolones are a commonly used family of broad-spectrum antibiotics.[24]

Foodlion

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 26, 2014, 12:55:19 PM
Fm the looks of your avatar, I'm guessing that's by choice of the females.

That's only cause it's waist up.  8)

paladin1991

Quote from: Foodlion on July 08, 2014, 05:58:53 PM
That's only cause it's waist up.  8)
Huh.  Must have a foot long.....sandwich....in those hands we can't see.