• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

pate

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire (Official Video)

I'd have to agree with the who started the fire idea...

But then what do us dumb ass Right-wing kooks know anyhow?

Gd5150

"Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules"
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=0

Possibly?

Quotefederal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record

QuoteMrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department.

How was this permitted?

QuoteHer aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.

Makes one wonder what email service she was using. And what kind of security it provided. And if this lack of security was part of the administrations negligence that contributed to the disaster in Benghazi.

If any of us had our personal email subpoenaed by the federal government you can guarantee yahoo/google/hotwire etc... would have no problem providing our entire email history going back to the days of the Commodore 64.

When the public is required by law to provide a paper trail, or utilize a government system to conduct business, and we don't, we go to jail. She wasn't the general public, as Sec of State, she was 4th in line to be president.

Quote“I can recall no instance in my time at the National Archives when a high-ranking official at an executive branch agency solely used a personal email account for the transaction of government business,” said Mr. Baron, who worked at the agency from 2000 to 2013. -  Jason R. Baron, former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

Yorkshire pud

Oh blimey.... :-\

Has she started an unnecessary war yet? Tell us if she does.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 03, 2015, 02:23:10 PM
"Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules"
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=0

That damn right-wing, reactionary newspaper The New York Times. Always going after Democrats and the Clintons! How dare they, or anyone, question whether an Obama official obeys the law- especially questioning a Clinton! She has earned her stripes getting fired upon in Bosnia after all.

VtaGeezer

Hillary Clinton is the Democrat's Romney.  Losing the nomination four years ago apparently qualifies her for it this time around. I predict she'll implode by the end of this year, but no other Dem wants to run knowing that other party almost always wins following a two term President in the WH.  GHWB was the only one since Truman, and his party turned on him halfway through.  It'll be a cakewalk for the Repubs, unless they go crazy and nominate Paul or Cruz.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 03, 2015, 03:49:56 PM
Hillary Clinton is the Democrat's Romney.  Losing the nomination four years ago apparently qualifies her for it this time around. I predict she'll implode by the end of this year, but no other Dem wants to run knowing that other party almost always wins following a two term President in the WH.  GHWB was the only one since Truman, and his party turned on him halfway through.  It'll be a cakewalk for the Repubs, unless they go crazy and nominate Paul or Cruz.

8 years ago

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 03, 2015, 03:49:56 PM
...It'll be a cakewalk for the Repubs, unless they go crazy and nominate Paul or Cruz.

Aren't pretty much all Republican candidates of that quality?

Clinton is a veritable nonstarter.

Jim Webb will be the Dem nominee.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 03, 2015, 04:43:02 PM
6 1/2 years ago.

The nomination process started 8 years ago, and Clinton never even had a chance...but we`re splitting hairs.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 03, 2015, 04:45:52 PM
Clinton is a veritable nonstarter.

Jim Webb will be the Dem nominee.
No way. He's not well known nationally and is too dour to be a candidate.  Too bad; he's a good man and smart.  He was writing 25 years ago that taking Saddam out would backfire on the US, and in '02 he argued strongly against W's invasion obsession. And he despised W too.

Gd5150

The primaries in which she was eventually taken out by the Democrat powers that be were in the spring of 2008. 7 years ago. Just a few months before the usual October surprise banking crisis that sealed the victory for Obama. You know the one that required an emergency government bailout within 48hours, but didn't actually disperse funds for 6 months.  ::)

None of this is relevant to her actions re: email as Sec of State which were plane and simply illegal.

Juan

I'm only half-kidding when I say I'd be afraid of Hillary as president because of all the rumors of her extreme anger.  I'd worry that she'd throw a few nukes the way she threw White House lamps at Bill.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on March 03, 2015, 05:50:45 PM
I'm only half-kidding when I say I'd be afraid of Hillary as president because of all the rumors of her extreme anger.  I'd worry that she'd throw a few nukes the way she threw White House lamps at Bill.
Yeah, it is one thing to have an angry woman like Michelle or Hillary in the White House as first-lady but getting access to the football? No thanks.

Avi

Quote from: Juan on March 03, 2015, 05:50:45 PM

Clearly, what she really needs is a pink assault rifle....(ducks),  ;D.

Quote of the day, no, of the week, make that a month. Yet it probably is quote of the year!  No, DECADE.  Wait a minute. It's the greatest quote ever !

“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mind sets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud.  I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”

- Hillary Clinton 11 March    2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?  And she may be running for President?

Gd5150

The evolution of the email story is fun to watch. What starts out as too outrageous to possibly be true, (Hillary using her own personal email which has been against the law for over a decade) has now been confirmed. So the media is now searching for loopholes, toning down coverage to a point the only way you will hear about it is doing lengthy internet searches on politico. They will ignore it from here out and rationalize this by saying the story was already covered. This is standard circle the wagons operating procedure for the mainstream media.

"Our Constitution is being shredded. We know about the secret wiretaps. We know about secret military tribunals, the secret White House email accounts," - Hillary Clinton 2007 campaign speech

NowhereInTime

God, please take this horrid woman away from this campaign.

Warren, Webb, Ventura, even ... NOORY would be better than this opportunistic slug.

Kelt

Wow.

Used personal Email.

Who will think of the children?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 07, 2015, 02:15:54 PM
The evolution of the email story is fun to watch. What starts out as too outrageous to possibly be true, (Hillary using her own personal email which has been against the law for over a decade) has now been confirmed. So the media is now searching for loopholes, toning down coverage to a point the only way you will hear about it is doing lengthy internet searches on politico. They will ignore it from here out and rationalize this by saying the story was already covered. This is standard circle the wagons operating procedure for the mainstream media.

"Our Constitution is being shredded. We know about the secret wiretaps. We know about secret military tribunals, the secret White House email accounts," - Hillary Clinton 2007 campaign speech

Hmm, and how do you feel about Dubya standing in The Hague with Bliar as war criminals? Kind of puts e mails into perspective somewhat doesn't it?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kelt on March 08, 2015, 01:08:02 AM
Wow.

Used personal Email.

Who will think of the children?

Obviously no-one. Aliens will invade now because of it. Damn that woman.

Kelt

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 08, 2015, 02:09:51 AM

Obviously no-one. Aliens will invade now because of it. Damn that woman.

I no longer feel safe walking out my front door, knowing now what Hilary Clinton did with regards to EMails.

I told Mrs Kelt about it a couple of days ago... she thought I was lying at first, but then she read it online and she was all, "ZOMG! How could it come to THIS?!"

I did my best to calm her... she immediately started looking into flights out of the country, just in case this whole thing blows up.

Looking out into the street when the news broke, it was like the infamous "War of the Worlds" broadcast, where people were running around screaming, loading their station wagons and bugging out, and jamming the lines to the emergency services, terrified that aliens really were invading from Mars.

Hopefully the country can recover from the blow of... Hilary Clinton using the wrong EMail host... but I fear the nation has been dealt a more cruel blow than Pearl Harbor, 911, and the burning of Washington DC in 1814... combined.

THIS is where the entire energy of our political apparatus needs to focus, and for an extended period of hysteria, hyperbole, and faux outrage.

God save us.

God save us all.

yumyumtree

I'm a little confused by all this fuss, and am not a Hillary fan, by any means.  Today in the paper was a list of politicians who have used personal email, all Repubs except for one.  I know that Sarah Palin (not on the list)used personal email because it got hacked. Isn't it OK to have personal email for personal stuff--cat humor, pictures of the grandbabies, alerts from bellgab, correspondence with the doctor?  Why do people need to know I've ordered pantyhose, and what size and which catologue? My friends and I can exchange numerous emails deciding what time to have dinner--agonizingly boring to anybody but us.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 08, 2015, 05:08:38 PM
I'm a little confused by all this fuss, and am not a Hillary fan, by any means.  Today in the paper was a list of politicians who have used personal email, all Repubs except for one.  I know that Sarah Palin (not on the list)used personal email because it got hacked. Isn't it OK to have personal email for personal stuff--cat humor, pictures of the grandbabies, alerts from bellgab, correspondence with the doctor?  Why do people need to know I've ordered pantyhose, and what size and which catologue? My friends and I can exchange numerous emails deciding what time to have dinner--agonizingly boring to anybody but us.
It is fairly obvious. There is a big, big difference with being a Sec of State and conducting official and personal business on a personal email account versus being a candidate for VP years ago, like Palin, or a normal citizen. Even most companies would have problems with you using your personal email for official work (especially due to Sarbanes-Oxley aside from the possible hacking/theft issue) but in the government there are actual laws and policies in places (some of which Clinton herself told others to obey.) There also is the issue of over-sight. When you are in office it is expected that you are (for the most part) preserving the historical record, are accountable, etc so things are documented (for security and for posterity), there is less possibility of blackmail or security leaks, etc

So, to use another Clinton as an example, there is a different for Bill to take the so-called "Lolita flights" to island parties with convicted a pedophile billionaire NOW but if he did that whilst in office it could be a security issue (especially since Epstein had cameras around.)

yumyumtree

OK, thanks. I think Sarah Palin was still governor at the time, though.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 08, 2015, 05:30:23 PM
OK, thanks. I think Sarah Palin was still governor at the time, though.
Then it should be taken up with the Alaskan people! I'm sure plenty of politicians do this and I don't know the laws in those States. I would also think that you are correct (in that someone ordering underwear or whatever on a personal account) shouldn't violate open-records or whatever laws. But conducting official business (even for a company) is, if not illegal, should be questioned. But I'm fairly certain positions like Sec of State (and many others) have provisions that you don't use unsecured lines for correspondence or personally run email networks for official work (though, wink-wink, there is much back-channel and "unofficial leaking" that gets done.)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 08, 2015, 05:08:38 PM
Use of a personal account isn't prohibited but any govt business emails on a private account are required to be forwarded to a govt account within 20 days.  By owning her own server, there's no real accountability beyond forensic inspection of the disks. Plus its a safe bet that the half of the developed nations on earth hacked her server and read everything. It's is either intentional concealment, or complete lack of comprehension of 21st Century communications.  The Clintons, Bushes, Romneys, et al, live in their own elitist bubbles and really have no concept of the world that the rest of us inhabit.  I heard Lindsey Graham on MTP this morning say that he's never sent an email...and this guy is making laws about communications?  Years ago, I spent some time doing business in that world and it was quite an experience.