• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

***It Sounds Like This Was The Last "Official" Art Bell C2C Show***

Started by ks3484, April 15, 2014, 10:39:47 PM

ks3484

I think that this was the last of Art Bell's "official" Coast to Coast AM shows.

This link should work  :) :) :) The Real Amityville Horror Case

Forward the recorder to around 40:00 minutes to skip the Hoagland - goodbye and stuff.     

https://archive.org/details/CoastToCoastAm-TheRealAmityvilleHorrorCase

'

bigchucka

What do the last show he did for Coast and the last show he did for Dark Matter have in common?  They were both Ghost To Ghost style shows....

You are aware Art has "retired" several times, right?

ks3484

Quote from: bigchucka on April 15, 2014, 11:24:27 PM
What do the last show he did for Coast and the last show he did for Dark Matter have in common?  They were both Ghost To Ghost style shows....

You are aware Art has "retired" several times, right?

Retired or an unscheduled leave of absence? - a lot of people sound as if Art Bell was an opium drip. Art is, or was just a "person" doing  a "show"  that captivated a lot of people.

I believe that Art's fans and supporters should thank him for doing such a great job entertaining them, his "audience."

Art Bell is now 68 years old, he was in his 40s and 50s when he hosted many memorable shows, and entertained many diverse topics. His shows reflected a space and time that his fans, and Art's followers should thank him for exposing and then let the man face his golden years in retirement and whatever peace he has found for himself. 

ksm32

This was only ONE time he said GB!

The last time he was EVER on C2C was in 2010 (July I believe). A show about climate stuff ETC. Both Art & his guest seemed somewhat off put   by the end.

The show you mention was indeed the last from the classic days. I feel about 85% confident in this report.

bigchucka

Quote from: ksm32 on April 16, 2014, 01:24:21 AM
This was only ONE time he said GB!

The last time he was EVER on C2C was in 2010 (July I believe). A show about climate stuff ETC. Both Art & his guest seemed somewhat off put   by the end.

The show you mention was indeed the last from the classic days. I feel about 85% confident in this report.

10/31/10 Ghost To Ghost.  Art Bell hosted.  IIRC, the calls weren't as good as they used to be, and at the end of the show Art sounded less than enthusiastic about his job.  I think he said he'd be back for New Year's, but didn't do it...

That amityville show was right before one of the times he stopped stopped broadcasting, "retired" or whatever you want to call it.

ksm32

Quote from: bigchucka on April 16, 2014, 02:24:28 AM
10/31/10 Ghost To Ghost.  Art Bell hosted.  IIRC, the calls weren't as good as they used to be, and at the end of the show Art sounded less than enthusiastic about his job.  I think he said he'd be back for New Year's, but didn't do it...

Fuck You bigchucka!

..for being Right! that is. I even have that 2010 G2G episode. I shall eat worms for my transgression in this matter.

The pain you cause. Is there no end to your tyranny?

bigchucka

Quote from: ksm32 on April 17, 2014, 01:03:26 AM
Fuck You bigchucka!

..for being Right! that is. I even have that 2010 G2G episode. I shall eat worms for my transgression in this matter.

The pain you cause. Is there no end to your tyranny?

Andrew Zimmern might have some good recipes...

bigchucka

ksm32.... don't feel bad.  On the Art Bell Quits DM and the How many shows AB did thread I just learned new shit today....

I remember sitting there and listening to all four hours of that 2010 climate shift show. It sucked! Dark Matter was so fucking good, I want it back!

DM really was up there with bell's finest 90's shows in terms of quality.

Jackstar

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 18, 2014, 10:25:49 AM
DM really was up there with bell's finest 90's shows in terms of quality.

"Okay folks, here I am broadcasting again after three years... oh! I just realized! I can use Skype to take calls! Except, I can't get it to work right, I can't connect with 'my base,' I guess I better quit for another two years. Here's some ghost stories, cya!"

Yep, right up there.  :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually I take some of that back. Skype really is a pain in the ass.

cweb

Quote from: Jackstar on April 21, 2014, 01:37:19 PM
"Okay folks, here I am broadcasting again after three years... oh! I just realized! I can use Skype to take calls! Except, I can't get it to work right, I can't connect with 'my base,' I guess I better quit for another two years. Here's some ghost stories, cya!"

Yep, right up there.  :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually I take some of that back. Skype really is a pain in the ass.
Now being a Microsoft product, it's great. Super great. Like, "oh you liked that feature? well fuck you!" kind of great.