• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How much money do the C2C hoaxers make?

Started by rus20376, March 22, 2014, 09:58:06 PM

rus20376

Is there really real money to be made? For example, how much could that annoying "numbers lady" be able to make? What about the really heavy bullshit artists like "Dr. Jonathan Reed"? I doubt he could have made more than a few thousand between self published books and what not, right?

Or is it more lucrative than I suspect?

Foodlion

They could probably make more money selling poop paintings.

ACE of CLUBS

Guesses on what Richard C. Hoagland and spouse/squeeze bring in ... ?

McPhallus

Quote from: rus20376 on March 22, 2014, 09:58:06 PM
Is there really real money to be made? For example, how much could that annoying "numbers lady" be able to make? What about the really heavy bullshit artists like "Dr. Jonathan Reed"? I doubt he could have made more than a few thousand between self published books and what not, right?

Or is it more lucrative than I suspect?

I'm guessing a few make tons of money, but most don't.  The new age movement is still pretty big, and many people remain uneducated and are seeking answers about life. 

Reed was a gas station attendant before he and another guy made up that bullshit story about the alien in the freezer.  I'm guessing with all his seminar appearances, lectures, and so forth, he's doing at least as well as he was back in his previous "career" and is able to get by without having a real job.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on March 22, 2014, 10:38:13 PM
Not a cent from me.

right on that. i can buy toomeric and much of the other stuff in the spice section at the grocery store

area51drone

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on March 22, 2014, 10:55:25 PM
Guesses on what Richard C. Hoagland and spouse/squeeze bring in ... ?

Considering the amount of travel they do, my guess is a couple hundred grand a year.   You don't have that much exposure without taking advantage of it, financially speaking.   George himself probably makes half a mil to a mil a year, anyone know for sure?

coaster

Quote from: area51drone on March 23, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
Considering the amount of travel they do, my guess is a couple hundred grand a year.   You don't have that much exposure without taking advantage of it, financially speaking.   George himself probably makes half a mil to a mil a year, anyone know for sure?
I don't know how reliable this site is, but it says he make 500k a year. But it also says his profession is "sailor" so take that for what its worth.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-djs/george-noory-net-worth/

wr250

Quote from: coaster on March 23, 2014, 11:33:41 AM
I don't know how reliable this site is, but it says he make 500k a year. But it also says his profession is "sailor" so take that for what its worth.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-djs/george-noory-net-worth/

oh hes a sailor all right. just about everything sails right on over his head.
or hes sailing the seas of cheese, i dunno which

even more impressive is that most of these guys have been at the game for 20 years or more. Greer, Dolan, Pope, Dames, Lazar, Hoagland et al. They don't even have to come up with new material or be original.  Just more of the same regurgitated Blavatsky/Von Daniken/Sitchin/Velikovsky crap, Roswell stories that have been repeated a million times and plenty of vague predictions/disclosure BS to keep the dolts interested. Do any of them have day jobs?

Grov505th

Well Sean David Moroton made a ton of money and I betcha a lot of it was from folks who listened to C2C.

yumyumtree

Sean David Morton also bred Norwegian Forest cats so I'm thinking the income from the other thing maybe wasn't that steady. I wondered what happened to the poor cats when he got sent up because I think his wife also got sent up. But that's why there's a cat on his shoulder in one if the pictures of him on the Internet.

Medved interviewed somebody who wrote a book about conspiracy theorists--birthers, truthers, etc. who said that only a handful make money at it and the rest live in poverty and obscurity and their marriages often end because of it, etc. Now as far as the rest of them, who knows? It's probably a lot like anything else--some are more successful than others. We know that people who manage to start religious cults or movements with cult like characteristics often do well because for one thing they get free labor an d for two thing, tax exempt status. I'm thinking of JZ Knight. Some gurus get a good racket going by being hired to do motivational programs for corporations , etc. Pardon for sounding awfully cynical, but it's the way I see it. As Ive mentioned before, Dr. Stephen Barrett(quackwatch.org) gets vitriolic hate mail, so you know he's stepping on some toes of people who fear for their livelihoods. I think that's why Kevin Trudeau got such a stiff sentence--he was eveidently making a lot of money and I think the authorities wanted to make an example of him.

Kelt

The world is full of people just choking to hand their cash over to anyone with a schtick.

I imagine you could make a reasonably comfortable living by exploiting their... I don't want to say stupidity... but imagine you could make a reasonably comfortable living by exploiting their, let's call it stupidity.