• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Best or Worst C2C Show You've Heard

Started by pyewacket, March 14, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

I actually didnt mind Hilly Rose as a host. I think he was easily better than Noory.

I liked the Art Bell and Captain Crunch show, that was a out there true story. I liked Bell's themed lines MIB, Area 51, Time travel, Antichrist,

Worst Art shows were 5 hours of Linda Howe.

Noory- His early shows we not Horrid

Worst- Medical shows, psychic- emotional vampires, shows on science (george is too simple or otherwise self-admited preoccupied to follow a complex subject), new age topic, etc

Kelt

Anything where they discuss economics.  There's been a few lately, and it's a dry subject to begin with.  George lets the guest ramble on pretty much uninterrupted for what seems like hours, punctuating the stream of unfathomable rhetoric with the odd mumble about Pizza Rolls and Turmeric. By the end of these shows I'm either sound asleep or looking for something to masturbate to just out of sheer boredom.

Actually, There was a show a short while ago where some seriously depressed and heavily medicated chick was talking about her struggle with severe depression, and George tells her, yeah, I've been depressed before, I remember I was heating some Pizza Rolls....

...yeppers, spoiling some pizza rolls is a lot like manic depression. Who hasn't burned a savoury snack and immediately headed to the bathroom to find a razor blade, self-harming for the purposes of?

bigchucka

Quote from: Foodlion on March 14, 2014, 06:12:35 PM

The best Post-Art Bell C2C radio show I heard was Ian Punnett when he did the Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski episode. That also gave me the chills when I heard it.

The actual guy is even better.  If the Ian Punnett/ Philip Carlo? interview gave you chills, this might make you shit your pants.  Or at least fart on the dog.  All three are them are in this video...

http://youtu.be/QXgi72W2H7U

Quote from: bigchucka on May 06, 2014, 09:40:36 PM
Or at least fart on the dog. 

"And that's how you become the pack leader."

[attachimg=1]

The Iceman movie was pretty good, but nowhere near as interesting as the Iceman Tapes or Carlo's book. However, the last scene in the film is some of the best acting that I've ever seen. Michael Shannon knocked the last shot out of the park.

bigchucka

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 06, 2014, 10:39:06 PM
The Iceman movie was pretty good, but nowhere near as interesting as the Iceman Tapes or Carlo's book. However, the last scene in the film is some of the best acting that I've ever seen. Michael Shannon knocked the last shot out of the park.

I posted the Tapes, .ie  All 3 HBO interviews.  I watched the movie you are referring to as well.  I liked how some of the details were in the movie, but I'm thinking I noticed some changes.  Didn't read the book, but loved the Punnett Tapes  (he was on a couple times, one time specifically for Kuklinski.)

Jeff

A few years ago Ian Punnett interviewed Star Trek (II, IV) director and writer Nicholas Meyer. One of the topics they discussed was the behind the scenes controversy regarding race relations in Star Trek VI, and how that is what STVI is about [as well as the USSR collapse allegory].

It was a fantastic interview with tons of insight into his body of work.

I love the shows with Bonnie Crystal on caving. In those interviews Art's fascination was infectious, it was cool just to hear how into it he was.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 10, 2014, 09:51:14 PM
I love the shows with Bonnie Crystal on caving. In those interviews Art's fascination was infectious, it was cool just to hear how into it he was.

Heard one of those shows recently, very entertaining.  Liked her description of finding footprints of a large biped lizard, and was creeped out by her finding the remains of horse and rider deep in some cave.

bigchucka

Just remembered Tess Gerritsen?  Or something like that...  Kinda along the lines of Kathy Reichs or Patricia Cornwell... medical background then wrote novels...

Quote from: Jeff on May 10, 2014, 09:37:53 PM
A few years ago Ian Punnett interviewed Star Trek (II, IV) director and writer Nicholas Meyer. One of the topics they discussed was the behind the scenes controversy regarding race relations in Star Trek VI, and how that is what STVI is about [as well as the USSR collapse allegory].

It was a fantastic interview with tons of insight into his body of work.

Always liked Ian's work.  Wish he had a definite compendium as well.  The argument is there that he's put out a large enough amount for it to be a wide selection like Art's is.

FallenSeraph

Bumping for the hell of it ...

... and to say, "We will never forget you, Evelyn Paglini."  :'(

Ciardelo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 23, 2017, 11:41:19 AM
Bumping for the hell of it ...

... and to say, "We will never forget you, Evelyn Paglini."  :'(
Oh shit, that reminds me, I need to go out and get some moar unfiltered camels.

Ciardelo

Worst C2C show:

Any show hosted by Mike Seigal (and his cat Vanna)

Boy was he a bad choice. He came from a political background, just like Art, so he should be FINE as a replacement, right? Wrong, just so wrong.  :(

Nobody evar comes onto BellGab looking for Mike Seigal archives.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 23, 2017, 11:59:58 AM
Oh shit, that reminds me, I need to go out and get some moar unfiltered camels.

***laughter***

Sucking down cigs and casting spells. She was awesome. No strega will ever top her.

nathan

anyone have this Knapp show? Someone in this thread mentioned that it's good and it sounds really interesting. I'm a Coast Insider but this particular show is only available on Windows Media Player, and I have a Mac...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2011/06/24

Ciardelo

Quote from: nathan on January 23, 2017, 09:09:13 PM
anyone have this Knapp show? Someone in this thread mentioned that it's good and it sounds really interesting. I'm a Coast Insider but this particular show is only available on Windows Media Player, and I have a Mac...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2011/06/24
I don't know why they do that. Even on my Windows computer it just wants to play a short part of the file and not download it. I removed the Windows Media Player and pretty much just use VLC exclusively. So I can't get it for you without a bunch of rigamarole.  :(

Here's something that might help you: http://ccm.net/download/download-13439-windows-media-player-for-mac If it will play the file, then you'll have to use some sort of audio recorder to save it in real time I imagine...

Hope this helps  :)

If all else fails, talk to the C2C people.

nathan

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 24, 2017, 12:04:35 AM
I don't know why they do that. Even on my Windows computer it just wants to play a short part of the file and not download it. I removed the Windows Media Player and pretty much just use VLC exclusively. So I can't get it for you without a bunch of rigamarole.  :(

Here's something that might help you: http://ccm.net/download/download-13439-windows-media-player-for-mac If it will play the file, then you'll have to use some sort of audio recorder to save it in real time I imagine...

Hope this helps  :)

If all else fails, talk to the C2C people.

Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot.