• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Quote from: WOTR on April 24, 2016, 03:41:42 AM
Asphalt is not the proper medium to hold a nail and prevent it from being pulled straight out.  You are going to want to meet him at a trendy Starbucks with a wood floor, or a neighbourhood pub.  (Just trying to be helpful.)

Home Depot is the preferred location for an epic internet beat down. Last time I met DPS at one he hit me with so many rights that I was begging for a left. The man is a beast.

Corona Kitty

Im fully convinced that little chris, is the greatest heel ive seen on bellgab

Corona Kitty

Im not sure when you're birthday is george, but i hope you have a great time no matter, what you end up doing.

coaster

Quote from: username on April 24, 2016, 04:50:52 AM
Im fully convinced that little chris, is the greatest heel ive seen on bellgab
Its pretty wild and no one would believe me, but little chris may be the only genuine person here.
thats some crazy food for thought.

dipp

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 24, 2016, 01:06:51 AM
( This from the UK biggest welfare queen & crossdresser. ).

Don't count on it.

What??

Falk, I gotta tell ya man, and you can take this from a guy who has worked in the field well over eleven years...there is NO such thing as a "NO KILL" shelter.  How are you with math?  When I started work with animal rescue back in 1999, I read an article/study which stated that if every stray animal in America were to have a home, each man woman and child would need to shelter nine animals.  For a family of four, that is nearly 30 animals at any given time.  A no kill shelter is unrealistic to the point of absurdity.  Oh, I understand the need or desire to feel good that every animal in your care doesn't have to die...that's great...unicorns and rainbows.  What do you think happens when a no kill shelter is full to capacity?  They turn people away who are trying to surrender animals.  What do you suppose happens to those animals in your little blue-sky world Falkie?  The vast majority of them are turned out on the street or on a lonely country road somewhere.  Sure, some of the stronger ones may find shelter as a barn cat or a country dog, but most starve, are shot, ran over, die of disease, breed to perpetuate the problem, etc.  I have been witness to the  ungodly fates of these poor animals.  Believe me Falkie, they are better off getting the "green shot" than the horrible fate which awaits them out there unprotected.  Its great that the strays in your area seem to be in a situation where they beat the odds.  Most aren't so lucky.  The hardest part of my job was always those ignorant people out there that thought we were horrible because we euthanized animals.  I had scores of people tell me that I must like killing animals.  One early Saturday morning (we were open to the public from 9 to noon) we took in 64 puppies, and 19 other cats and dogs...83 total.  Falks, if we want to dream an unrealistic dream, let's dream for a world where we need no shelters at all.  Let's dream of a world where people take some personal responsibility and spay or neuter their animals, shelter and care for the animals in their possession.  Until that happens, animals WILL have to die..one way or another.  You seem like a reasonable fella...educate yourself.  Volunteer or work in a shelter, go out on rescue calls, etc...you will see what I'm talking about.   The very first time I got called out to a rescue situation, some drunk asshole shotgunned a littler of puppies that he felt his girlfriend couldn't afford to feed.  He was arrested.  Half the pups were dead, the other half were horribly maimed.  Two of the pups died on the way back to the shelter, and the other two had to be euthanized right away.  The only good thing that came out of that situation was that I was able to talk the woman into surrendering the adult female.  She did so because she feared her boyfriend would kill the dog upon his return.  There are a lot of sick people out there..horrible people who don't give two squirts of duck piss about animals.  Surely you must know at least that much Falkie.  There are good-hearted people out there too..people like you who go out of their way to do the best they can to ease the burden for stray animals.  There are simply not enough to put even the tiniest dent in the overall problem. 

Falkie2013

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 05:32:12 AM
Falk, I gotta tell ya man, and you can take this from a guy who has worked in the field well over eleven years...there is NO such thing as a "NO KILL" shelter.  How are you with math?  When I started work with animal rescue back in 1999, I read an article/study which stated that if every stray animal in America were to have a home, each man woman and child would need to shelter nine animals.  For a family of four, that is nearly 30 animals at any given time.  A no kill shelter is unrealistic to the point of absurdity.  Oh, I understand the need or desire to feel good that every animal in your care doesn't have to die...that's great...unicorns and rainbows.  What do you think happens when a no kill shelter is full to capacity?  They turn people away who are trying to surrender animals.  What do you suppose happens to those animals in your little blue-sky world Falkie?  The vast majority of them are turned out on the street or on a lonely country road somewhere.  Sure, some of the stronger ones may find shelter as a barn cat or a country dog, but most starve, are shot, ran over, die of disease, breed to perpetuate the problem, etc.  I have been witness to the  ungodly fates of these poor animals.  Believe me Falkie, they are better off getting the "green shot" than the horrible fate which awaits them out there unprotected.  Its great that the strays in your area seem to be in a situation where they beat the odds.  Most aren't so lucky.  The hardest part of my job was always those ignorant people out there that thought we were horrible because we euthanized animals.  I had scores of people tell me that I must like killing animals.  One early Saturday morning (we were open to the public from 9 to noon) we took in 64 puppies, and 19 other cats and dogs...83 total.  Falks, if we want to dream an unrealistic dream, let's dream for a world where we need no shelters at all.  Let's dream of a world where people take some personal responsibility and spay or neuter their animals, shelter and care for the animals in their possession.  Until that happens, animals WILL have to die..one way or another.  You seem like a reasonable fella...educate yourself.  Volunteer or work in a shelter, go out on rescue calls, etc...you will see what I'm talking about.   The very first time I got called out to a rescue situation, some drunk asshole shotgunned a littler of puppies that he felt his girlfriend couldn't afford to feed.  He was arrested.  Half the pups were dead, the other half were horribly maimed.  Two of the pups died on the way back to the shelter, and the other two had to be euthanized right away.  The only good thing that came out of that situation was that I was able to talk the woman into surrendering the adult female.  She did so because she feared her boyfriend would kill the dog upon his return.  There are a lot of sick people out there..horrible people who don't give two squirts of duck piss about animals.  Surely you must know at least that much Falkie.  There are good-hearted people out there too..people like you who go out of their way to do the best they can to ease the burden for stray animals.  There are simply not enough to put even the tiniest dent in the overall problem.

Sorry but you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
You think you know everything but you don't.
I had a cat who died at the hospital of the SF SPCA of cancer  and have been in there many times and the former director of the place was VERY proud of having transitioned the organization from a kill shelter to a place where the animals are happy, get to interact with potential adopters and it became a no kill shelter because of his efforts and donations by the community.
Furthermore, the relatively recent expansion of their buildings gave them even more room to house animals other than just pets; abused horses, goats, rabbits, birds, etc.
The animals there LIVE until they are adopted, live in foster homes or are given to ranches or other facilities that care for them for the rest of their lives in comfort, happiness and love.
The goal of the SPCA is to eventually ensure that there are NO homeless animals in San Francisco & they have a very aggressive catch and release program where the spay and neuter freaks for free.
I'd donate some money every time I went in there and they allowed me to make payments when I could not afford the entire bill for medical care because pets don't always get sick on pay days.
There are also no kill shelters down the peninsula and across the country as well.
I've been in those as well.

I just looked up a site of no kill shelters and organizations and in California alone, there are 166 groups and the SF SPCA IS listed as a no kill shelter.

http://www.nokillnetwork.org

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 24, 2016, 05:40:34 AM
Sorry but you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
You think you know everything but you don't.
I had a cat who died at the hospital of the SF SPCA and have been in there many times and the former director of the place was VERY proud of having transitioned the organization from a kill shelter to a place where the animals are happy, get to interact with potential adopters and it became a no kill shelter because of his efforts and donations by the community.
Furthermore, the relatively recent expansion of their buildings gave them even more room to house animals other than just pets; abused horses, goats, rabbits, birds, etc.
The animals there LIVE until they are adopted, live in foster homes or are given to ranches or other facilities that care for them for the rest of their lives in comfort, happiness and love.
There are also no kill shelters down the peninsula and across the country as well.
I've been in those as well.

See Falkie, this is why I find it so difficult to converse with you sometimes...you totally discounted my years and years of experience in this matter.  I don't know everything..that is true, but I do know math.  Pet overpopulation is a math problem Falkie.  No kill shelters only exacerbate the problem.  Now listen very carefully Falks...animals die everyday because there are not enough people to care for them.  It is a simple math..a certainty.  I have seen it, worked in it...you obviously choose to ignore it. 

Falkie2013

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 05:48:53 AM
See Falkie, this is why I find it so difficult to converse with you sometimes...you totally discounted my years and years of experience in this matter.  I don't know everything..that is true, but I do know math.  Pet overpopulation is a math problem Falkie.  No kill shelters only exacerbate the problem.  Now listen very carefully Falks...animals die everyday because there are not enough people to care for them.  It is a simple math..a certainty.  I have seen it, worked in it...you obviously choose to ignore it.

I didn't ignore it.
Your argument is that there is no such thing as a no kill shelter.
You're wrong.
This does not mean that an abused or injured animal will not be euthanized if they have injuries or illnesses that means they cannot be saved, but the animals there are NOT killed for the "crime " of existing, or because their owners died or because they are unwanted.
And while I did not work at the SPCA, I spent a lot of time talking to people there and regularly would come into see the pets and donate food and toys as well over the years I lived in the city.
And you are not allowed to adopt an animal if it is not spayed or neutered so how does that cause a problem ?
Puppy and kitten mills and owners who feel it restricts the " freedom " of an animal to breed indiscriminately and owners who dump their pets or abandon them, that is the problem.

Again Falkie, MATH.  Too many animals + too few people/shelters/humane societies= death.  A no kill shelter is great for those animals who are lucky enough to win the "no kill shelter lottery."  But for every animal in this comfy situation there are many many many who are turned away.  These animals are the ones who suffer. We took in a cat and he has been on the No Kill shelter's waiting list for over two years.  We kept him but I wanted to leave him on the list to see how long it would take for him to find blissful solace in a No Kill shelter..it has been nearly 30 months now....what a fuggin joke.  No such things as a no kill shelter when animals are still out there dying by the millions.  Sorry Falkie..this is what they call reality.  Call it euthanasia by proxy.

dipp

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 24, 2016, 01:11:27 AM
No one calls me Anthony.
While its my legal first name, even the people at my bank, Kathy, my Mother and everyone else have called me George since I was around 13.

As for you, there are all sorts of names I and Kathy refer to you by.
But usually asshole is our epithet of choice.
Usually prefaced by the word that or the words that fucking or he's a fucking.

And despite what a putz such as yourself and your jagoff circle think, I WAS raised in Pittsburgh & have the birth certificate to show I was born there.
Parkview Avenue & Joe Hammer Square were among two of our residences.

You, however, were left by gypsies who disowned you as a disgrace to gypsies and con men & women everywhere.
Even the gypsy psychics were embarrassed that they did not foresee your birth as the pinnacle of gypsy shame.

Hi Anthony!

What happened to Orangey's back?  Do you know? 

Quote from: Auslandia on April 24, 2016, 06:45:10 AM
I'm hungover and reading about Falkie

Is it helping or making it worse?  I've been arguing with him over at the fortress and it has given me a hangover and i haven't touched alcohol in over twenty years.

whoozit

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 06:47:55 AM
Is it helping or making it worse?  I've been arguing with him over at the fortress and it has given me a hangover and i haven't touched alcohol in over twenty years.
Just beat your ahead against a concrete wall.  It has the same effect and the wall won't reply with illogical arguments.

Quote from: brig on April 24, 2016, 06:48:33 AM
Suggested reading from peta:

http://www.peta.org/features/deadly-consequences-no-kill-policies/

Thank you for the article brig.  Yes, until we can tackle the actual problem, this argument will continue.  When I worked for our local shelter, we put many programs in place to help alleviate  the situation.  We offered free and reduced spay/neuter programs, vaccine programs, etc.  Few people ever used them.  Stray and unwanted animals poured into our facility.  Our euthanasia rate was around 30%..not too shabby given the circumstances.  We were luck due to the proximity of bigger cities and we were able to work with a couple rescue groups that helped us place most of our animals.  Still, the fact remained, for every animal that was placed out of county, we wondered how many from the city died in their place.  No kill shelters are bullshit.  They totally ignore an obvious problem...a mathematics problem.  Animals die regardless.  I can guarantee you they die much more inhumanely than a humane shot.  I've seen it, worked in it far too long to ignore it.  No kill shelters do that very thing...they ignore the problem while giving the foolish masses the illusion of a world which simply does not exist.   

Quote from: whoozit on April 24, 2016, 07:02:14 AM
Just beat your ahead against a concrete wall.  It has the same effect and the wall won't reply with illogical arguments.

LOL..I may try that.

Auslandia

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 06:47:55 AM

I just had to stop reading and go get a coffee

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 07:07:01 AM
Thank you for the article brig.  Yes, until we can tackle the actual problem, this argument will continue.  When I worked for our local shelter, we put many programs in place to help alleviate  the situation.  We offered free and reduced spay/neuter programs, vaccine programs, etc.  Few people ever used them.  Stray and unwanted animals poured into our facility.  Our euthanasia rate was around 30%..not too shabby given the circumstances.  We were luck due to the proximity of bigger cities and we were able to work with a couple rescue groups that helped us place most of our animals.  Still, the fact remained, for every animal that was placed out of county, we wondered how many from the city died in their place.  No kill shelters are bullshit.  They totally ignore an obvious problem...a mathematics problem.  Animals die regardless.  I can guarantee you they die much more inhumanely than a humane shot.  I've seen it, worked in it far too long to ignore it.  No kill shelters do that very thing...they ignore the problem while giving the foolish masses the illusion of a world which simply does not exist.

Exactly..  the  illusion of a world which simply does not exist.. is everyone and everything.. somehow we need it  to survive.. Each of us has a small glimmer OF IT and think it's special insight.. While we don't see all the other illusions that surround us... Carry on ... and try to make it a little better for someone else..

Love ALL

https://youtu.be/2Z2RzVhw4rE

https://youtu.be/pafY6sZt0FE

Quote from: brig on April 24, 2016, 07:18:44 AM
Here's another helpful read, defining what "no-kill" really means:

http://www.pawschicago.org/no-kill-mission/about-no-kill/defining-no-kill/

Another good article brig, thank you.  I can attest to many of the criteria concerning "adoptable" animals.  Puppies are difficult due to their underdeveloped immune systems.  Most of the time, we placed puppies in foster homes as quickly as possible.  We had many parvo outbreaks...I hated those because the entire building had to be cleared of all animals and disinfected with a really nasty cleaning agent.  It was difficult to work with.  Puppies were tested for behavior problems.  These "tests' were arguably inaccurate but at least it gave us a rough guideline in a difficult situation.  Some years we would take in several hundreds of puppies..far too many.  The "Black Dog' rule is very common among animal shelters.  It is quite sad that people will often choose an animal by the color of its hair.  We had an older animal rescue group who were miracle workers and placed many older animals for us.  The rest really just depended on how much room we had or the resources we had to care for animals.  The only time we ever went beyond capacity is if it was court mandated.  We ran a good, clean and efficient shelter and we were one of few shelters the state would use to shelter animals in court situations.  We took in many fighting dogs and bait animals.  We took in hoarded animals as well.  We had our own incinerator and so we could euthanize and dispose pretty efficiently. 

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 24, 2016, 07:27:44 AM
Exactly..  the  illusion of a world which simply does not exist.. is everyone and everything.. somehow we need it  to survive.. Each of has a small glimmer OF IT and think it's special insight.. While we don't see all the other illusions that surround us... Carry on ;)

https://youtu.be/2Z2RzVhw4rE

https://youtu.be/pafY6sZt0FE

I can't argue with you there crow. 

Lilith

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 24, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
We had our own incinerator and so we could euthanize and dispose pretty efficiently.

It baffles me how people can find animals dying slowly of infected flea bites, or from lying helpless after being hit on the hot pavement, or ice covered street, to be more humane than being euthanized  quickly and painlessly.  Just my opininion of course.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 24, 2016, 01:04:30 AM
You are proving your stupidity every day.
Dometrie is a misspelling and I used to live on Edison Avenue, you moron.

The analogy to the above:

A guy walks into a drug store; "excuse me, can I buy a bar of green soap please?"

"Sorry Sir, we only have pink"

"It's okay, I have my bike outside".

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Meatie Pie on April 23, 2016, 10:44:50 AM
Camping with WhiteCrow ... sounds safe, undangerous. What could possibly go wrong?

Dreams and the unknown.. Why play it safe? Welcome to my world .. Take a chance

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 24, 2016, 01:06:51 AM
( This from the UK biggest welfare queen & crossdresser. ).

Don't count on it.

This is how you repay me for buying your tips on how to rip off the taxpayer and your dressing advice? That cost me cold hard cash and mayo asshole. Fucking fuck.

Lilith

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 24, 2016, 07:27:44 AM
Exactly..  the  illusion of a world which simply does not exist.. is everyone and everything.. somehow we need it  to survive..

I agree that it exists, but I disagree that we "need it."   The 1% need to think that way, to absolve their conscience, and they need to promote that concept, because once the masses lose their belief in the illusion, the game is over, and humans then develop the ability to explore reality, instead of wasting their time exploring, and spending money, on the illusion.

Quote from: brig on April 24, 2016, 07:41:50 AM
It baffles me how people can find animals dying slowly of infected flea bites, or from lying helpless after being hit on the hot pavement, or ice covered street, to be more humane than being euthanized  quickly and painlessly.  Just my opininion of course.

Indeed...how?   But as Crow pointed out, the illusion is everywhere and is different for everyone.  I have pondered the question a million billion times if my time in that god forsaken place was worth it?  Did I really make any difference?  Did I see, and work under a self-imposed or even self-righteous illusion ?  I suppose so..we all do.  Falkie does in his attempt to care for unwanted animals in his own way and I suppose No Kill shelters do too.  The only answer for this particular situation is for people to take care of animals and since we do such a miserable job of taking care of our fellow human beings, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.