• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

paladin1991

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 12, 2015, 03:35:11 PM
With all these recent posts that Falkie should start Day Trading, I'm concerned that any funds I lend him would be used for that. I once made $5,700 from a $500 stock options purchase, I was lucky and quit while ahead. Invested those gains and savings into a Business and now live worrying 24/7 about running the business.

I'd hate to see The Big Guy have my worrys and stress, it could be detrimental to his health.

So Falkie, there are some kind hearts on Bellgab, that have been giving you advise. None have mentioned my offer to lend you money as solution to your current predictimen. And I'm having doubts that you renting a truck is a safe thing to do.
Plus how would it be possible without a driver' license?
So come up with a more realistic plan or I'll withdraw my offer.
WC, I don't care how good Fat Boy's credit is with you.  I'm going to have to advise you not to loan him any money as it will go to his latest scheme.  Day trading.  That's money that is lost.  He won't be able to make you 3 monthly payments starting in 3 months.

bateman

With all these recent posts that Falkie should start Day Trading, I'm concerned that any funds I lend him would be used for that.

Why would you worry? He has plenty of time on his hands that could be spent learning to trade from home. You could spend more time running your business and you'd have the privilege of being one of the initial investors in Senda Asset Management. You'd be growing that little nest egg and helping Falkie out. Or will you not put your money where your mouth is?

Catsmile

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:25:45 PM...
Don't need an engineering degree to do that.
I understand basic mechanics like levers, pulleys, fulcrums etc.
Could I build a device using them ?
Maybe.
Quote from: Doctor Who on June 12, 2015, 03:16:54 PM
Wow.  You are advanced.   How long have those basic tools been is use? 4,000 years or more?

Once he invents the helical inclined plane, you will be screwed by Faultys power, mister. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: bateman on June 12, 2015, 03:45:07 PM
Why would you worry? He has plenty of time on his hands that could be spent learning to trade from home. You could spend more time running your business and you'd have the privilege of being one of the initial investors in Senda Asset Management. You'd be growing that little nest egg and helping Falkie out. Or will you not put your money where your mouth is?

Can someone gifted please come up with a picture of Falkie presiding as CEO? He might end up buying and selling us all.

bateman

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2015, 03:50:20 PM
Can someone gifted please come up with a picture of Falkie presiding as CEO? He might end up buying and selling us all.

You joke, but there are traders out there (seems like specifically commodities traders) who are much, much dumber than Falkie. He's a bright guy, has time to learn, and is in relative proximity to a ton of Silicon Valley capital to play with.

Catsmile

Sendamemoney, already invest all the money he grifts into a company religiously... (AAPL) Apple Inc.. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bateman on June 12, 2015, 03:45:07 PM

Oh no worries about me putting my money where my mouth is. I offered to lend to the Big Guy, not invest in any money making schemes. I expect to be paid back! If I start to get cold feet, Falkie can always sweeted the deal by collateralizing the loan. He has something that I value and want, he knows what it is.

PathoJen

Bateman, you are on to something. I think that is a great plan. BUT, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink......It's more good, well meaning advise that will be ignored.

Just remember.  When someone wins in the market someone else has to lose.  The winner won't be the guy with no capital just learning how to trade.  The winner will be the ones with computers selling and buying up large portions of a company's capitalization for no fathomable reason, forcing the stock up and down in an unpredictable manner.

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 12, 2015, 04:02:19 PM
Oh no worries about me putting my money where my mouth is. I offered to lend to the Big Guy, not invest in any money making schemes. I expect to be paid back! If I start to get cold feet, Falkie can always sweeted the deal by collateralizing the loan. He has something that I value and want, he knows what it is.
He already hit you up for $250 in this thread, a couple of hours ago. So, ya, he's taking you up on your offer.

bateman

You said yourself you turned your $500 into $5700 through an options trade. That's the beauty of options - you only need margin. Wouldn't it be nice to get your money back plus interest and make Falkie a nice commission too? There's no scheme here, it's simple finance, and if the mouth breathers at the Merc can make 7 or 8 figures, Falkie sure as hell can too.

I'm sure he has plenty of ideas on what to invest in already. But it takes money to make money. Why not float him the money to get started?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 03:42:48 PM
WC, I don't care how good Fat Boy's credit is with you.  I'm going to have to advise you not to loan him any money as it will go to his latest scheme.  Day trading.  That's money that is lost.  He won't be able to make you 3 monthly payments starting in 3 months.

Considering all the talk from Falkie dreaming about being a day trader or him renting a truck, maybe it's best to demand collateral. Plus I never agreed to lend him $250 with payments starting in 3 months. I have a kind heart but I'm no fool.

coaster

kiss that money goodbye. You will never see it again.

Who

I expect to be paid back! If I start to get cold feet, Falkie can always sweeted the deal by collateralizing the loan. He has something that I value and want, he knows what it is.

Kathy?  Betty Boop?  His collection of woo woo books?

bateman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 12, 2015, 04:09:34 PM
Considering all the talk from Falkie dreaming about being a day trader or him renting a truck, maybe it's best to demand collateral. Plus I never agreed to lend him $250 with payments starting in 3 months. I have a kind heart but I'm no fool.

Doesn't it all start with a dream? Nice way to shit on someone you've pretended to support all this time. How will you feel when Senda Asset Management buys your rinky dink business right out from under you?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bateman on June 12, 2015, 04:09:07 PM
You said yourself you turned your $500 into $5700 through an options trade. That's the beauty of options - you only need margin. Wouldn't it be nice to get your money back plus interest and make Falkie a nice commission too? There's no scheme here, it's simple finance, and if the mouth breathers at the Merc can make 7 or 8 figures, Falkie sure as hell can too.

I'm sure he has plenty of ideas on what to invest in already. But it takes money to make money. Why not float him the money to get started?

I'm  listening to you and not so closed minded that I wouldn't want to give The Big Guy a chance of a lifetime. So if Falkie actually posts up on this thread a realistic plan to hit the jackpot in the market I'd back him. But again my kindness only goes so far. I'd expect a percentage of the gain.

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
Is Felchie taking another nap?
He has a 3 nap quota to meet! He's a busy man.

Who

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
Is Felchie taking another nap?

He's in his laboratory developing the latest breakthrough in technology.

bateman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 12, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
I'm  listening to you and not so closed minded that I wouldn't want to give The Big Guy a chance of a lifetime. So if Falkie actually posts up on this thread a realistic plan to hit the jackpot in the market I'd back him. But again my kindness only goes so far. I'd expect a percentage of the gain.

That's totally reasonable. But he has to learn first. You know he likes the Dummies book series, and there are a ton of titles on Amazon pertaining to exactly this.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=trading+for+dummies

Send him a few and see what he can do. We all might be surprised.

Catsmile

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 12, 2015, 04:24:50 PM
He's in his laboratory developing the latest breakthrough in technology.

Quote from: bateman on June 12, 2015, 04:09:07 PM

Or you could do like me.  I put $1000 (approx.) into Apple options certain it would go up within the following three months (or was it six?).  Then came Arab spring which drove up prices of  oil and manufactured goods, and the Japanese earthquake which meant Apple couldn't get supplies for its new iPad release.  Apple stocks dropped below my call price and I lost the entire investment.  A thousand dollars doesn't sound like much but I stupidly decided to gamble most of what I had so I could make enough to get out of the situation I found myself in.

Options have a high upside but not the smartest investment for someone who can't afford to lose his money.  There's no way you can predict things like the sudden upheaval of a geopolitical region or the most financially destructive earthquake in human history.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bateman on June 12, 2015, 04:12:32 PM
Doesn't it all start with a dream? Nice way to shit on someone you've pretended to support all this time. How will you feel when Senda Asset Management buys your rinky dink business right out from under you?

Hey there is no need to goad me into helping. I want to help and only way I know how is with money.
Go ahead and make fun of my "rinky dink business" but It's my life.
I built it from the ground up with a good idea, a little start up capital and help from a hard working and dedicated staff.

We make Pet Glamor Gear.
I employ former Cuban refugee "Boat People" that are experienced cigar rollers.
They have the manual dexterity required to fashion very small semi-precious gem stones into pet collars.
Great group of workers, that are glad to be employed, and never once complained about working and living in my basement.

If anyone needs a Glamor Collar, let me know, we recently branched out into the "adults only" market.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 04:44:42 PM
Or you could do like me.  I put $1000 (approx.) into Apple options certain it would go up within the following three months (or was it six?).  Then came Arab spring which drove up prices of  oil and manufactured goods, and the Japanese earthquake which meant Apple couldn't get supplies for its new iPad release.  Apple stocks dropped below my call price and I lost the entire investment.  A thousand dollars doesn't sound like much but I stupidly decided to gamble most of what I had so I could make enough to get out of the situation I found myself in.

Options have a high upside but not the smartest investment for someone who can't afford to lose his money.

Exactly, that's why I got out after my big gain in options and started my own business.
In the beginning it takes a real commitment and long hours to start a new business.
Before I could afford hired skilled help, had my wife and kids make the glamour pet collars.
We home schooled the kids, so always had cheap help that could work long hours.

My labor cost today are high compared to when the wife and kids were making the 'all' the collars, but I can still uncut my completion's price and still make a handsome profit.
Go ahead give my company a try, if ever need a glamour collar. Best Collar made for 1/2 the price!   

bateman

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 04:44:42 PM

Options have a high upside but not the smartest investment for someone who can't afford to lose his money.  There's no way you can predict things like the sudden upheaval of a geopolitical region or the most financially destructive earthquake in human history.

Hey, nothing's a sure thing. I'm sure Falkie would always remember to set stop orders though.

3OctaveFart

I don't know why there hasn't been a full-fledged Art Bell documentary. Seems a slam dunk.

PathoJen

A real documentary, not a docudrama. I think that would be fantastic.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 12, 2015, 04:10:29 PM
Kathy?  Betty Boop?  His collection of woo woo books?

I offered to forgive my last loan of $80.00 to the Big Guy if he'd give me instead, Paper Boy's autographed cartoon of Dave and Tommy. He turned me down and repaid the loan as agreed.

Falkie2013

With all these recent posts that Falkie should start Day Trading, I'm concerned that any funds I lend him would be used for that. I once made $5,700 from a $500 stock options purchase, I was lucky and quit while ahead. Invested those gains and savings into a Business and now live worrying 24/7 about running the business.

I'd hate to see The Big Guy have my worrys and stress, it could be detrimental to his health.

So Falkie, there are some kind hearts on Bellgab, that have been giving you advise. None have mentioned my offer to lend you money as a solution to your current predictimen. And I'm having doubts that you renting a truck is a safe thing to do.
Plus how would it be possible without a driver' license?
So come up with a more realistic plan or I'll withdraw my offer.

Kathy rents the truck and she drives it.
Problem solved.