• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:36:36 PM
Because that is not how Noory wants me to do it.

Back to day trading for a second.
If you're going to do 4 trades in a certain period the $25k is required.
You'll also need margin money -$500 to $2,500.
A dedicated line from a broker, sometimes free, sometimes not.
Fees for each trade $4.20 to $4.80.
And there are other things needed as well.

But you don't need a broker.  Once you did, but now you merely need an internet connection and a 'do it yourself' online trading service.  Trades are automated so you can make as many as you want, as fast as you can click.  The service I referenced earlier required a minimum account start up fee of $250.  You don't need any margin if you only use money you already have.  Margin is only so you can leverage your current investment against future ones.  It's a really good way to lose all your money fast.  First time traders generally won't be allowed to use margin accounts.  The 25K thing sounds very fishy to me and I've never encountered that, but will continue to look and see if I can find where that comes from.

Right now I have some gardening to do.

PathoJen

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 02:00:22 PM
But you don't need a broker.  Once you did, but now you just need an internet connection and a 'do it yourself' online trading service.  Trades are automated so you can make as many as you want, as fast as you can click.  The service I referenced earlier required a minimum account start up fee of $250.  You don't need any margin if you only use money you already have.  Margin is only so you can leverage your current investment against future ones.  It's a really good way to lose all your money fast.  The 25K thing sounds very fishy to me and I've never encountered that, but will continue to look and see if I can find where that comes from.

which website are you on?

Quote from: PathoJen on June 12, 2015, 02:02:20 PM
which website are you on?

That was from the FAQ on Forex.com.  I know it's a specialty site but, somehow Forex trading came up so I was already there anyway.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 12, 2015, 02:00:22 PM
But you don't need a broker.  Once you did, but now you merely need an internet connection and a 'do it yourself' online trading service.  Trades are automated so you can make as many as you want, as fast as you can click.  The service I referenced earlier required a minimum account start up fee of $250.  You don't need any margin if you only use money you already have.  Margin is only so you can leverage your current investment against future ones.  It's a really good way to lose all your money fast.  First time traders generally won't be allowed to use margin accounts.  The 25K thing sounds very fishy to me and I've never encountered that, but will continue to look and see if I can find where that comes from.

If a person sets up an on-line account with a brokerage house, they can fund it and buy a stock. 

When a person sells a stock,  the trade 'clears' in a few days and the money is available at that time to buy another stock. 

In order to buy and sell options, sell short, have a margin account, etc, the account holder has to have a certain minimum in the account, at least claim to have a certain minimum income or minimum personal net worth , be sent appropriate literature so they have at least a basic understanding of these tools (and so the broker won't be sued when the 'investor' loses money).

So someone - in this case Falkie - with just a basic normal account can trade as much or as little as he likes, buying a stock and selling it, but he has to have funds available for the next purchase or wait until the previous sale clears

Oh okay, I see.  Falkie can't exactly 'day trade' without a margin account due to the turn around time for getting his funds back from reselling stock. 

I guess I owe you an apology Falkie.  I was thinking more in terms of getting in at a basic level and building from there.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 04:50:15 AM

I still plan to go to the GPAA camp next year, stay the weekend and pan for gold.

As for the fire issue, the manager is being ridiculous. I  am the only one in this building with this many books and she's a short person ( 4 ft 10 ) and like too many people who are short and get in a position where they can literally control and fuck up other people's lives, she throws her weight around and creates a new excuse " too many personal items that constitute a health and fire issue " that no apartment manager or landlord has ever put in a lease or letter to me in my life.

I had a fire where the SFFD chopped open a $1200 fireproof cabinet and doused everything even though the contents were not even hot. I've been involved with 4 fires in my life and none of them were caused by anything I did.
3 were arson and one by cause unknown.

GPAA?  You gonna beg for gold dust?  You know,just for gas money....and 3 dozen AM/Pm Hotdogs.  Troll's gotta eat, right?

Short female apt mgr.  With your well documented hatred of women, I certainly hope she doesn't trip over all your trash or fall down the stairs.  Her argument that you pushed her would hold a lot of weight in this fourm.  Obviously not as much as weight as your broadcast chair.....

4 fires in your life?  Of course they wouldn't have been your fault.  Of course.  You have had 4 more fires in your life than anyone I know short of an arsonist.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 04:56:19 AM
I will unblock you. Send me his contact info but the " fire violations " except for the window are in the deranged mind of my apartment manager.
I got another rack of dishes done, took all the pots and pans into,the sink and am going to domtjose and get some sleep. By tonight, except for Patty straightening out the kitchen shelves it will be done. Then  she and I will tackle the living room, dusting and then the bedroom. Once the laundry is out of here temporarily, the place should be done by Monday.

Did you two have the hot sweaty sex?  You should record that and sell it to Animal planet.

paladin1991

Quote from: area51drone on June 12, 2015, 05:10:07 AM
Right. And don't forget I sent you $30 and $20 another time too.  And I was the one who facilitated the Gerry donation.   

I hope you're able to get the issues worked out with your apartment Falkie.  I would never want you to be out on the street, even when we have our little tiffs.

And I put in money for Kath, which you badmouthed and spent on friggin cinnabon.   

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 12, 2015, 09:00:57 AM
Falkie, like most people, you read your books once, twice tops and then they sit on a shelf collecting dust. Have you considered either a.) donating your books to that SF bookstore you frequent, or b.) boxing them up and throwing them in Kathy's storage? I vote for donating. A good rule of thumb is if you haven't read, referenced, used, or worn something in 1 year, toss it.

Instead of wasting your time tossing off in BS youtube videos.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:25:45 PM
Oh, bullshit. I could build a pc or tear down a Mac and have it working again.
Could you?

Yes some can, and I could, but you can't even grasp the simple concept of quoting the correct post.

I know a lot about how things work just because I have not said it here.
And I was generalizing in that the awkward, shy and people society thinks are weird wind up being the innovators.
Edison raised hell as a kid but still came up with inventions.
Well, actually no, He didn't, he stole a great many from others.

Many others failed at one thing or another before they found the idea or invention or innovation that worked like Einstein.

Einstein was an innovation? Really?

Just keep thinking that I know nothing and arrogant asses like you know everything.
I know where everything in a car is and most of what the parts do.
But could I fix it ?
No and for a lot of reasons.
Thats why there are repair shops.
I know how they built the new SF Bay bridge and how they are now studying defective sections that could fail in a major quake. I watched them put in sections of it in our car and on the news.
Don't need an engineering degree to do that.
I understand basic mechanics like levers, pulleys, fulcrums etc.
Could I build a device using them ?
Maybe.

Oh bless you...so much potential, spoiled.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 09:44:49 AM
I frequently refer to many of my reference books periodically and if I get rid of them, they are gone forever. The history books I use to refute idiots like Dougie Dietrich who make up history to suit their own ends, the tech books are there so I don't have to search all over for something and so on.

As I have said, the books are not the problem. It's clutter, like papers and things that I have not time to go through.
Many of my friends in SF had and have huge collections of books as I do. The difference is they either have the income to to have a housekeeper come in or have a partner come in and dust, vacuum, etc. My late Mother had a housekeeper take care of those duties. If I had had her income, this place would have never gotten this bad.
Patty and I have discussed her coming in twice a month to maintain this place once we get it straightened out. I looked into one housekeeping firm and their prices are outrageous, $280 for 2 visits.
Patty already does careworker work for other seniors and IF the county approves someone for me then the place will stay clean. I will know about that next week.

The real problem is a manager who is determined to have things her way no matter what the problems of the tenant is. If I should have eviction proceedings thrust upon me, she and housing will find they have chosen the wrong adversary to screw with.
I am very good with bureaucracies and going over underlings heads to the top,andthen there ARE the media outlets as well that I could go to so as to state my case as one tenant here did successfully when they tried to throw him out and lost. His case was covered in the local paper and he sued the county and won and got to continue to live here much to the housing authorities embarrassment and the expenditure of a lot of money by them.
"..frequently and periodically...  Is that kinda like 'forever and never'? By what logic do you rape the human language?

Great, a caretaker/housecleaner at taxpayers expense.  Oh, that will last.  He/she will come in clean the place and turn around to the same old mess.  NEXT!

Bwahahaahahah!  The wrong person to mess with!  Better start grifting the money for stamps, paper, envelopes and the certified letter fees.

You can state your case on your fequent call ins to NOory.  Or maybe take your Ishit to the meeting with the county and record it for Youtube.

Oh, bullshit. I could build a pc or tear down a Mac and have it working again.
Could you?
Well then do a series of "Upgrade your PC" videos . This guy did a 5 minute video on how to add a second hard drive to your pc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-eXqrA5Hfk
over 160000 views

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 12, 2015, 10:09:38 AM
Oh Falkie, give me a break. You know exactly what I'm saying by getting rid of stuff you know longer use. I'm not asking you to get rid of antiques or a priceless civil war collection. You know I'm saying get rid of worthless crap you have piling up. You are an impossible person to reason with.
Tech books are pretty much useless they minute the hit the bookshelves. You are better off looking for technical advice on Google or hell, even in BellGab.

I keep trying to help, Jen.  I really do. 

Who

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
Without people like us, you'd still be watching a 9 inch round Philco and sending candygrams.

Really?  What was YOUR contribution to modern technology?  LCD? LED?  The internet?  Fiber optics?  Microchips?   Tell us, Professor Senda.  What was YOUR contribution? 

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 10:09:59 AM
You still don't get it do you ?
It's not the books they have a problem with, it's the clutter.

{You still don't get it Felcher.  You only have so much room and you are over stuffing that space
         with too much shit.  Kinda like your body.}

No court is going to throw someone out for reading because a case could be made with a judge for tossing out all those outmoded case law books in the judge's chambers and law libraries were it up to people like you.
Unless we're all now in a Twilight Zone episode where you get tried for the crime of reading or Fahrenheit 451.
Thank G*d simplistic people such as yourself do not run things. All the readers would be in death camps waiting to be  executed for thought crimes.

{Drama Queen}

And I have NOT been given any time to box anything up by my manager and I still have to go help Kathy out.

{Just since April...that's not enough time for anything, is it 'Big Guy.'}

I also would not have the money for a storage space and gas until 7-1, as I have already said.

{Why are you not outside of Starbux rattling a soggy coffee cup for change?  You can make some
       righteous money that way.  They may even give you a biscuit and a coffee to go away.}

Once Noory's show films and he pays me for my appearance, I will but even that will take the better part of a month for me to get paid as he has told me as I have to submit paperwork to get paid once its filmed.

{MMMMM, yeeeeah.  When is he sending the film crew to your hovel?}

paladin1991

Quote from: Laurakinch on June 12, 2015, 10:45:16 AM
Don't give him any ideas. He'll next start a gofundme for a flight to Eire.

One way? 

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 12, 2015, 12:46:38 PM
You have a big heart. And I have to say, if I lived by him I'd probably help him out too.
I'd probably borrow your helmet and knock him a good one.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:13:05 PM
I looked it up on that site and the day trading books I have also said it is not the Forex regulations but a requirement of the law in the US.
Go look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

Nope, not gonna.  And I don't believe you.  Because you are an idiot.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 03:11:41 PM
One way?

I think the extra weight involved might find the plane having to ditch in the Irish Sea so, effectively, yes.

Who

I understand basic mechanics like levers, pulleys, fulcrums etc.

Wow.  You are advanced.   How long have those basic tools been is use? 4,000 years or more?

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 12, 2015, 01:40:30 PM
I'm certain YOU excelled in that given the number of years the show was on. I watched 2 episodes, thought it was silly and watched Cosmos or some science program on PBS.
I got an A in general science in jr high school and do know the basics, even today.

Yeah, good thing Sagen is dead or you might take his spot on PBS.

Laurakinch

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 03:11:41 PM
One way?

Don't worry, Felchie has that covered. The return flight will be booked from the proceeds of the leprechaun shake down.

paladin1991

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 12, 2015, 03:09:17 PM
Really?  What was YOUR contribution to modern technology?  LCD? LED?  The internet?  Fiber optics?  Microchips?   Tell us, Professor Senda.  What was YOUR contribution?

Whizbang approach to jr. High science.  Got a blue ribbon and everything. 

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 12, 2015, 03:03:38 PM
I keep trying to help, Jen.  I really do.
Yea, Paladin, me too. But, I have to ask myself, WHY?

coaster

Perhaps you should use a pulley system to hoist your ass out of that desk chair so you can clean your place.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 12, 2015, 03:16:54 PM
Wow.  You are advanced.   How long have those basic tools been is use? 4,000 years or more?

OK, smartass. You might mock the great man, but do you have a doctorate in General Science from (remedial) Junior High? I think not!

Who

Quote from: coaster on June 12, 2015, 03:22:45 PM
Perhaps you should use a pulley system to hoist your ass out of that desk chair so you can clean your place.

He tells us how small his apartment is and then, in the next breath, tells us he's physically incapable of keeping it neat and clean.  He expects the taxpayers to do it for him while he's chasing Eric Pearl and George Noory all over California.  What a lazy ass grifter.

WhiteCrow

With all these recent posts that Falkie should start Day Trading, I'm concerned that any funds I lend him would be used for that. I once made $5,700 from a $500 stock options purchase, I was lucky and quit while ahead. Invested those gains and savings into a Business and now live worrying 24/7 about running the business.

I'd hate to see The Big Guy have my worrys and stress, it could be detrimental to his health.

So Falkie, there are some kind hearts on Bellgab, that have been giving you advise. None have mentioned my offer to lend you money as a solution to your current predictimen. And I'm having doubts that you renting a truck is a safe thing to do.
Plus how would it be possible without a driver' license?
So come up with a more realistic plan or I'll withdraw my offer.