• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 01, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
A forum without Onan, ChewMouse (last post Nov. 8th), Sardondi, Eddie Coyle...  Who'd a thunk it?  Come back, Shane!

Sometimes passwords are forgotten. Sometimes a new handle and password are accepted. I never tried to understand the above. Do you have memories from being an egg?

After many years of listening, I wanted to be in a world w/Art. Premier Radio changed that and I had nothing to do with that. Life goes on. Sometimes more than previously imaginable happens. Life goes on. Then the leaders of the Jewish and Moslem religions (semites) are declared some day with great rejoycing. People continue to feed their face. And then a dinner is delivered that asks about the future of our sun. Red giant? Super nova? I've said for over a decade that our sun is being fed from gravitational forces attracting cosmic debris making it bigger or of more mass in relation to what a sunspot really is. Back then, the PhD's seemed to be stuck on Moses.

aldousburbank

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on February 01, 2014, 09:31:27 PM
Sometimes passwords are forgotten. Sometimes a new handle and password are accepted. I never tried to understand the above. Do you have memories from being an egg?

After many years of listening, I wanted to be in a world w/Art. Premier Radio changed that and I had nothing to do with that. Life goes on. Sometimes more than previously imaginable happens. Life goes on. Then the leaders of the Jewish and Moslem religions (semites) are declared some day with great rejoycing. People continue to feed their face. And then a dinner is delivered that asks about the future of our sun. Red giant? Super nova? I've said for over a decade that our sun is being fed from gravitational forces attracting cosmic debris making it bigger or of more mass in relation to what a sunspot really is. Back then, the PhD's seemed to be stuck on Moses.
I hear you, I think.

georgesucks

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 01, 2014, 08:55:42 PM
If you agree with me more than 50% of the time I figure you're just dumb or enlightened.
Aldous You do have a different view point on some things in life. I do enjoy reading them on this forum and I do enjoy listening to you on gabcast. I think that you really enjoy living life and to boldly going where few go. You are a good guy my friend.

Uncle Duke

I wonder what happened to Luna, she was a young woman from Alaska.  During the dark days of November last year, some of her posts concerning Art quitting were a little scary.  I hope she's OK.

area51drone

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 01, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
A forum without Onan, ChewMouse (last post Nov. 8th), Sardondi, Eddie Coyle...  Who'd a thunk it?  Come back, Shane!

Well, as MV said himself, this is all about the money, not about the individuals.   I think the hit counts and the ad revenue probably speak for themselves.  Looking at the stats, the last 4 months have probably made him more money than when those individuals were frequent posters. 

If I were MV, I would nuture and guide new podcasters, as many of them as he can find to fill out his UFOShip lineup..  dump the bad ones as needed and create himself a nice little DMR like network.   Because these podcasters will be new, in order to be included on ufoship he can require that any of their past and future content be available through his channel as payment for the bandwidth and exposure.  Eventually once he has enough shows and talent on board, not only will the forum be full of posters and making him money, but he should be able to sell ad space between shows on the network.  Of course, I'm not MV, but that's what I would strive for if I was in his shoes.   There is shit for radio right now folks.   I'm not kidding.  The best show on radio right now is MV's Spec Sheet.   Believe it or not, even the Gabcast exceeds so many other shows for real entertainment value.   And of course Dark Weekend is excellent too, but not on the ufoship.  There needs to be new networks up and running with new ideas and new talent.   There will come a day when people's car stereos are offering channels, such as what I'm proposing, that you can listen to through your cell phone's internet signal (or their own).   Obviously it's already possible to get the content easily while you're at home, but I think the car is where radio is probably most listened to, and once the internet and stock radios from the big auto manufacturers have been married then game over for standard OTA radio.   This is like a near ground floor opportunity, IMO.   Now is the time to be building a brand.

Quote from: canadiancommie on December 19, 2013, 03:12:24 AM
I so do NOT miss the Liar who this who freaking forum is supposed to be about however.

Did I accidentally log on ObamaGab again?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on February 02, 2014, 12:53:27 AM
The best show on radio right now is MV's Spec Sheet.   Believe it or not, even the Gabcast exceeds so many other shows for real entertainment value.

wow.  thanks, mang.

jazmunda

Quote from: area51drone on February 02, 2014, 12:53:27 AM
  Believe it or not, even the Gabcast exceeds so many other shows for real entertainment value.   

Thanks. That was a compliment right? ;)

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on February 02, 2014, 07:35:05 PM
Thanks. That was a compliment right? ;)

Sort of.  LOL.   Just kidding - yeah, it's a compliment.  When there are technical problems, it's tough to listen to, but overall you guys make for a fun show.  I understand why MV delays the show until technical issues are worked out.     Personally, I like just hearing witty, funny banter that is informative.  The local radio that offers that type of show around here is stale, plus they're constrained by fcc rules and the station rules so there are limits to what they can talk about let alone how they talk about it.   I've tried a number of podcasts and I haven't found any besides the Spec Sheet that I get a lot of laughs out of plus a lot of useful information.   Gabcast is relatively worthless as far as information, but it does make me laugh.  But that might be because I'm also a forum member.  Not sure how a random person would take a half hour of F-word talk.   But that's just my opinion, and I know everyone doesn't always look for laughs.   I'm just glad to have you guys putting something out every week I can look forward to, along with Bateman's show.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 01, 2014, 07:21:29 PM
and stevesh

I have seen research that forum activity is like relationships-there is a 2-year activity period and then people lose interest and go other places.

I've been posting since the day of Usenet Newsgroups ( early 90s) Yahoo-groups (mid 90s) and these kind of posts that ask where the old timers have gone, are a normal progression for forums and newsgroups.

Although my perspective on the Paranormal World may be a bit different than most.
My parents were hard core believes, I'm a hard core skeptic but learned early on, it's best not to argue with believers but enjoy their wackiness. One common thread among many believers; is how they change area of major paranormal interest about every 6 months or so. Paranormal du jour.

Because of my exposer to the paranormal from my parents and their constant search for understanding life process-meaning using it, and in turn a lack of any real core values.
I rebelled and embraced societies historical core values; One being the amazing and complete world of ritualized paranormal: Catholicism, it has it all! So much to enjoy, mysteries, conspiracies, cast of characters, evil beings, supernatural beings, history, monuments, indoctrination training, guarantee after-life, highly educated and entertaining leaders... List goes on and on.

georgesucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2014, 02:56:25 AM

It's been more than seven weeks. He's not allowed on other forums either.. ever.
I guess that art has a sign a NC for forums too. I wish both art and george noory both debate each other here or on the gabcast.

Sardondi

Hello again. Just dropping in. I miss Eddie Coyle beyond words. EDDDDDDDDDIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 27, 2013, 03:24:46 AM...We are Mata Hari pinball brothers, so I feel his discomfort.

Those of us who have had the privilege of experiencing that altered state of being, that sense of universal synchronicity near unto that of godhead which we attained by worship at the altar of Mata Hari Pinball by Ballyâ,,¢, she who was appeased only by repeated votive offerings of high-silver-content pre-1964 quarters, can possibly know the sense of brotherhood shared by we her acolytes. 37 years, and yet I still remember that feeling of invincibility in those fleeting moments - or were they endless centuries? - of unerring perfection, of absolute certainty of hand, finger and pelvis, when I knew what it was to possess the crystalline knowledge of impossibility of failure, and the inevitability of unlimited extra balls, and "Bonus Game" remaining lit as if on a loop. And so does Camazotz.

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2014, 12:55:50 AM
Hello again. Just dropping in. I miss Eddie Coyle beyond words. EDDDDDDDDDIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I am pretty sure you made the list as well, ol' boy.

ItsOver

Welcome back Pinball Wizard.  Don't be a stranger.

jazmunda

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2014, 12:55:50 AM

Welcome to the forum. Post often.

Team Art or Team George?

For statistical purposes only. Results will not be shared.

area51drone

I just spent the last 4 hours fixing pinball machines.  Fuck Tip36 transistors.  God damned you roasted 23-800 coils.  Burn in hell you mother fucking broken off slingshot leaf switches.   But most of all, DIE all you first gen Bally 6800 machines! 

Sardondi

Quote from: jazmunda on February 06, 2014, 01:27:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. Post often....
Seriously. After almost 3 years here, I'm gone for maybe 2-3 months, and when I drop back in it's "Welcome to the forum"? *sigh* But I forget: internet time is like dog years...

Quote from: jazmunda on February 06, 2014, 01:27:48 AM
Team Art or Team George?

For statistical purposes only. Results will not be shared.

Surely you remember that, having come here years before when searching for an outlet to express my deep revulsion at the fact George Noory is employed in the field of broadcasting, I became just as disgusted at Art for his adolescent behavior and his lack of candor and seriousness. Since October I haven't even listened to any of Art's old Ghost-to-Ghost shows I'm so disgusted with him. George may be a narcissist and a sociopath, or he just a badly educated simpleton, but at least he hangs in there.

They can both go fuck themselves.

Foodlion

Quote from: area51drone on February 06, 2014, 03:31:39 AM
I just spent the last 4 hours fixing pinball machines.  Fuck Tip36 transistors.  God damned you roasted 23-800 coils.  Burn in hell you mother fucking broken off slingshot leaf switches.   But most of all, DIE all you first gen Bally 6800 machines!

Jesus loves you

jazmunda

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2014, 09:37:50 PM
Seriously. After almost 3 years here, I'm gone for maybe 2-3 months, and when I drop back in it's "Welcome to the forum"? *sigh* But I forget: internet time is like dog years...

Surely you remember that, having come here years before when searching for an outlet to express my deep revulsion at the fact George Noory is employed in the field of broadcasting, I became just as disgusted at Art for his adolescent behavior and his lack of candor and seriousness. Since October I haven't even listened to any of Art's old Ghost-to-Ghost shows I'm so disgusted with him. George may be a narcissist and a sociopath, or he just a badly educated simpleton, but at least he hangs in there.

They can both go fuck themselves.

That's the Sardondi that I remember.

Also my post was tongue in cheek and just my attempt at humor based on our fearless forum leaders' usual greeting to new posters. I'm sorry I failed. Good to see you back though. I always enjoyed your posts. Can I say that I hope you post more frequently?

Foodlion

Quote from: area51drone on February 06, 2014, 09:48:57 PM
Is this a bad painting of Kony 2012 founder Jason Russell?
I believe it's Charles Bronson on Bath Salts.