• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

jazmunda

Anyone remember themudking?

I miss that guy.

Too soon?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on December 19, 2013, 01:10:40 PM
I have been very active in politics and cult recovery online with the candidacy of Mitt Romney.  It has been a source of ongoing delight to watch the downfall of Mormonism as my prophesied tipping point of 2012 came and went.  The confluence of the Book of Mormon musical, South Park's episode on Joseph Smith and the exposure of the American electorate to the personality of what we call a "royal Mormon" (money + heritage+celebrity) produced the expected result.  In 2010, Pugh polls reported most Americans thought Mormons were "weird."  In 2013, after the church and the Romney family of filthy rich supporters spent god-only-knows how much money to get their savior installed (by the grace and power....) and an internet Google  "I am a Mormon" campaign in which skaters, skiers, singers, and other admirable people admitted to being Mormon...the Pugh result?  Americans still thought Mormons were "weird."

Had the time of my life and helped a lot of people recover their families and their lives.   

Lately I have been moving away from that since the dominoes are falling all around the world and Mormonism is imploding.  I am moving more towards Buddhism, living in the now and working on being a more compassionate person. 

yeah, i miss reading this shit and being told what a racist i am for not agreeing with the obama agenda.  fucking shame it had to end.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 05:25:38 PM
yeah, i miss reading this shit and being told what a racist i am for not agreeing with the obama agenda.  fucking shame it had to end.

Donny "I'm a little bit rock n' roll" Osmond wore purple socks.
Ohhh, now I see what you did there.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on December 19, 2013, 06:20:07 PM
Donny "I'm a little bit rock n' roll" Osmond wore purple socks.
Ohhh, now I see what you did there.

no, that's a pink sock.

you may now begin your research.

edit:  aw, fuck it.  i'll save you the trouble.   http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=2598.msg48428#msg48428

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 06:26:53 PM
no, that's a pink sock.

No research needed, I have personal experience.  :-[

heater

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 06:26:53 PM
no, that's a pink sock.

for the record I probably DID NOT laugh in the background when I read that.

You have all failed to realize how amazing the oz mind horse song is.

Most of that sentence was auto-correct, so I'm leaving it in case it's some sort of a secret message from an extra dimensional being who was only able to get his message out by changing my words into his, influencing the chance of my having missed keys to form a message that even I the writer do not understand.

eddie dean

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 19, 2013, 06:33:27 PM

Most of that sentence was auto-correct, so I'm leaving it in case it's some sort of a secret message from an extra dimensional being who was only able to get his message out by changing my words into his, influencing the chance of my having missed keys to form a message that even I the writer do not understand.

I still hate my dad for making me watch that stupid show!
I did love the song Donny and Marie would sing together.
Marie would start:
"I'm a little bit cunty"
Donny would counter
"and I'm a little bit rock n rolllll, yeah"

Tip: sing it in your head using south park voices!

Quote from: Juan on December 19, 2013, 04:02:50 PM
I agree that Mormonism is weird, but how is it dangerous? Do you mean mental contamination or something else?

I think it can be dangerous to the female members of the church who are told they can ascend to heaven only if their husbands do.  It is an uber paternalistic religion.  I'd like to think men and women are in this crazy show together shoulder to shoulder.

Nice to see you enter the fray once more, Anagrammy!  You've got supporters and detractors, but don't we all?

BobGrau

::) How many times have I heard that excuse?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 19, 2013, 06:54:03 PM
I think it can be dangerous to the female members of the church who are told they can ascend to heaven only if their husbands do.

as opposed to the other religions that only give people accurate information?

Juan

I think it can be dangerous to the female members of the church who are told they can ascend to heaven only if their husbands do.  It is an uber paternalistic religion.  I'd like to think men and women are in this crazy show together shoulder to shoulder.
I fully understand how there can be disagreement with that position, but how is it "dangerous?"

aldousburbank

It is you, understand, I do the most.

eddie dean

It only took 3 pages to derail this thread!
My 2 cents, for what its worth:
A certain amount of " brain washing"  is required for religion to work, imo.

McPhallus

Don't they have some sort of rule preventing blacks from entering the religion at all?

aldousburbank

Mormonism is one thing, Mormons is another, and that's a lot of things. It's like acid in the sixties; Not everybody jumped off buildings flew, formed space cults, or invented iPods and shit. I guess some did. Ok, maybe they should both be illegal.

georgesucks

Aldous please tell me how you really feel about the mormons. Btw I really miss MV because he is winding down.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: c337pilot on December 19, 2013, 08:02:54 PM
Btw I really miss MV because he is winding down.

awww, thank you to my fannnnns.  i've been busy converting to cheondoism in an effort publicly masturbate less.  i still attend my anti jainism meetings weekly, though.  those fucks are crazy and i want the world to know it.  i'm not too tripped up, though, as jainism is clearly imploding all over the world.  thank buddha.

aldousburbank

Quote from: c337pilot on December 19, 2013, 08:02:54 PM
Aldous please tell me how you really feel about the mormons. Btw I really miss MV because he is winding down.
Like I say, the Mormons, that's a lot of people. Their cannon, I've read it all. I think the church has almost nothing to do with what EVER happened to Joe Smith like modern churchianity has nothing to do with what EVER made Saul change the S to P, quit terrorizing the cultists, go to burning man and get the tat, take the movement worldwide. In both cases it took less than 100 yrs. It helps when you kill the leaders and monetize the followers.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
awww, thank you to my fannnnns.  i've been busy converting to cheondoism in an effort publicly masturbate less.  i still attend my anti jainism meetings weekly, though.  those fucks are crazy and i want the world to know it.  i'm not too tripped up, though, as jainism is clearly imploding all over the world.  thank buddha.
Why do you hate insects and other blessed creatures?

heater

this thread sucks.  I hope Spooky Matter takes time out of building paranormal gear to register a domain, host a blog, and take some glamour photos about it.  All of which would point out the fact that this thread may be the low point in bellgab history....its winding down folks.  its winding down.

Quote from: anagrammy on December 19, 2013, 01:10:40 PM
Hello  and high fives to all!

Thanks for the kind words and I definitely appreciate being remembered.  My keyboard is a teenager now t wants to do its own thing, so I have to keep this brief.  I have been very active in politics and cult recovery online with the candidacy of Mitt Romney.  It has been a source of ongoing delight to watch the downfall of Mormonism as my prophesied tipping point of 2012 came and went.  The confluence of the Book of Mormon musical, South Park's episode on Joseph Smith and the exposure of the American electorate to the personality of what we call a "royal Mormon" (money + heritage+celebrity) produced the expected result...

And yet the Hero of the Senate - Harry Reid - his Mormonism is not a problem because, well, you know.

If given a choice, I'd rather have Mormons as neighbors than random non-Mormons.  If would almost guaranteed to be a safe, clean, well maintained, friendly neighborhood.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
If would almost guaranteed to be a safe, clean, well maintained, friendly neighborhood.

i used to live in clearfield, utah which is just a bit north of slc.  never a cleaner, safer place have i seen.