• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

HopHey

Quote from: MV on June 12, 2015, 12:53:28 AM
Are you hot?

Nope I'm not hot. I look like the clown in my avatar.

HopHey

Quote from: Catsmile on June 11, 2015, 08:13:58 PM
Doesn't want anyone to know they are female, because guys are creepy sometimes.
Proceeds to tell everyone they are female anyway.
::)

MY EYES ARE UP HERE!

I had to tell my gender because I was called a misogynist for not enjoying Nancy interrupting the show with random comments that get everyone sidetracked and usually don't have anything to do with the subject matter.  I would rather everyone know I'm a female than be known as a misogynist. 

I was joking about forgetting what gender I am. How can someone forget what gender someone is?  It would be pretty difficult when it's written in a forum.  It was a joke.  I did proceed to talk about how a lot of men tend to try to hit on women in these type of forums and that's why my handle and picture is non gender based.

Catsmile

Quote from: HopHey on June 12, 2015, 04:17:06 PM
I had to tell my gender because I was called a misogynist for not enjoying Nancy interrupting the show with random comments that get everyone sidetracked and usually don't have anything to do with the subject matter.  I would rather everyone know I'm a female than be known as a misogynist. 

I was joking about forgetting what gender I am. How can someone forget what gender someone is?  It would be pretty difficult when it's written in a forum.  It was a joke.  I did proceed to talk about how a lot of men tend to try to hit on women in these type of forums and that's why my handle and picture is non gender based.

If the only way in your mind to avoid being thought of as a misogynist is to throw out the gender card, which in turn exposed your gender, apparently semi against your desire. You have stumbled upon one of a few reasons why females, the majority, aren't dominate over males, the minority, "who own the world." The lady doth protest to much, methinks.

Women have done the majority of raising children for many, many, millennia. Why do they raise the males to dominate over females, but not the matriarch? And raise females to be subservient to males? The logical answer must be men, of course, "who own the world" as many women like to expound. The ladies doth protest to much, methinks.

Women in the western world as a group are more educated, and have a higher IQ scores than men. Women may feel they can't organize for whatever reasons, but the majority of the time they do rule hearth and home; that is where they can exact change, yet they don't. Wheres the logic in that? Who really owns the world, and controls it's destiny? The ladies doth protest to much, methinks.

As to my original post in this thread, I was joking also. Irony is what I think it's called. The cat pic was a joke too. Implication being the mixed messages that women send, when they expose their cleavage to the world; but want men to look up at their eyes. My twist was that of a cat and it's tail, because I thought it would be less sexual in nature. However, some with juvenile minds; jumped to the conclusion that it was apparently a male sexual innuendo. Which says more about them than what I posted. 

zeebo

Quote from: Catsmile on June 12, 2015, 07:42:57 PM
..My twist was that of a cat and it's tail, because I thought it would be less sexual in nature. However, some with juvenile minds; jumped to the conclusion that it was apparently a male sexual innuendo. ...

So you posted a pic you knew was "sexual in nature" but were surprised others noticed the "sexual innuendo"?  The pic was funny man, own it.

Catsmile

Quote from: zeebo on June 12, 2015, 08:14:30 PM
So you posted a pic you knew was "sexual in nature" but were surprised others noticed the "sexual innuendo"?  The pic was funny man, own it.

The sexual connotations in that picture only resides in the mind of the beholder. I could for instance, assume that whoever sees something sexual in that picture has a bestiality fetish. That wouldn't make it true, and would say more about where my mind was than the subject of post or picture. Written and visual communication are funny like that sometime. Things get lost in translation. Then we can only project what was read or seen through the lens of our own experiences, and minds eye. Such is the limitation of perceptions, experiencing the world with imperfect human bodies.   

The pic shows a cat that was licking it's tail or abdomen, when interrupted by someone snapping it's pic. The nature of 2 dimensional photography of the 3 dimensional cat just happened to give the cats tail an odd juxtaposition, that draws the eyes to the tail. Hence my joke of "My eyes are up here." The cat has his tail shoved in your face, but it is insulted when you look at it. Like when women expose their cleavage, but get insulted when you look at it. That was the parallel I was trying to make. Implying how women give mixed messages. Without me actually being sexual by posting cleavage, and being labeled as a "misogynist" for my effort.

The "Ladies.." was already on the pic I "borrowed" from the web. I took it as meaning that women as a higher percentage like cats, so the cat said "ladies.." in an appeal to it's larger audience. You could also see the cats tail as a phallic symbol if you are so predisposed. Big cat penises are funny stuff, but only if it's implied; I reckon.   :P

chefist

I've seen that out there...woman who are offended if men look at them...I think what is really happening is that certain folks in the feminist community just simply hate men...feel they are superior...which makes their equality arguments hypocritical....

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2015, 09:50:16 PM
I've seen that out there...woman who are offended if men look at them...I think what is really happening is that certain folks in the feminist community just simply hate men...feel they are superior...which makes their equality arguments hypocritical....

True... true. However, it could also be that women who are advertising for various reasons... get "offended" at certain men when it's simply they aren't happy with all the "bottom feeders" they are catching, with the wide net they are casting. Instead of being professional fishermen... er fisherWOmen, and understanding when you cast a wide net you pull in all kinds. They grow tired of the embarrassment of riches the net holds, and become ill mannered toward their haul. Taking it out on the small fry.

Some women have been sold on the idea ANY unwanted attention is demeaning and sexual harassment, period. Believing that some women react in a knee-jerk manner, acting out in a way they think is acceptable. Which is to become offended and decry misogynist, sexual harassment, to any person she attracts and sees as undesirable. They don't "hate" all men, just the ones that fall beneath the criteria that suits their purpose, at the moment they are casting the wide net.

Which in my estimation is being less than professional, and a poor sport. Females should know its not easy being a woman, granted. However when you only know how to fish with a net, don't get upset, and blame all the ones you have to throw back. Attraction, coupling, reproduction, are all a numbers game. Don't hate the players, hate the game. Advertising works, or you wouldn't see it everywhere you look. As it currently stands, the day men stop approaching women whom they find attractive, or appear to be putting themselves on display; will spell end of the human race.       

Oh, yeah therez a show on the DMDN, it's called Future Theater, whats the deal with it?

DanTSX

This thread is full of micro aggressions that are triggering my PTSD and I must use my ignore function to return to my safe zone.

This thread is about a flakey internet radio show.  Please take the even flakier modern feminist disgust and associated white knights elsewhere.

Pretty please. :). Life is hard for everyone, and expectations are never clear, so check your privilege.  The hetero age is more of a hetero anchor.

This post brought to you by a guy with a Max Hardcore avatar.......

nbirnes

That's five-plus years of the flake. That's a lot of flake. Looking over the guest list, I am amazed. And somewhat burned out.

Lunger

Quote from: HopHey on June 12, 2015, 04:17:06 PM

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on June 11, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
Just fyi it's a lightly-moderated forum and there are a few posters who seem to never have advanced past adolescence in how they relate to females.  When and if they annoy you, check out the Ignore List feature in your profile.

Hey Mr. WonderSquirrel....thanks for the info. The ignore list even deletes all the previous posts of the aforementioned raging creepo. And I think that is just spiffy. Spiffy, I tell ya.

I can just hear the commercial now...

'Ladies, troubled by an annoying poster that...sadly...did not negotiation puberty well? Just spray a little 'Creep-B-Gone' and enjoy the forum. Avoid that race to the bottom and never say 'I can't un-see that' again'.

Creep-B-Gone. Because I don't have time for your failures.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 14, 2015, 01:22:22 PM
Hey Mr. WonderSquirrel....thanks for the info. The ignore list even deletes all the previous posts of the aforementioned raging creepo. And I think that is just spiffy. Spiffy, I tell ya.

I can just hear the commercial now...

'Ladies, troubled by an annoying poster that...sadly...did not negotiation puberty well? Just spray a little 'Creep-B-Gone' and enjoy the forum. Avoid that race to the bottom and never say 'I can't un-see that' again'.

Creep-B-Gone. Because I don't have time for your failures.

This is good advice for the more mature among us. I'm too curious a person to fully utilize Creep-B-Gone, but I appreciate the option.

Meanwhile, I'm putting a show together for tomorrow night that should push this particular thread right into a frenzy. It will be girly. It will be silly. It will be noisy. I hope you are prepared to be there, or be square.

Also, there will be imaginary cupcakes. We're not savages.

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on June 14, 2015, 06:01:12 PM
This is good advice for the more mature among us. I'm too curious a person to fully utilize Creep-B-Gone, but I appreciate the option.

Meanwhile, I'm putting a show together for tomorrow night that should push this particular thread right into a frenzy. It will be girly. It will be silly. It will be noisy. I hope you are prepared to be there, or be square.

Count me in. I will wear my pink party dress and bring my best Barbies. Well, that and a little razor sharp wit.

So....you want me to Skype in? I will if you want, otherwise I will be listening with girly-girl intent.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 14, 2015, 07:00:07 PM
Count me in. I will wear my pink party dress and bring my best Barbies. Well, that and a little razor sharp wit.

So....you want me to Skype in? I will if you want, otherwise I will be listening with girly-girl intent.

Both, probably. I will PM you re: the Barbies. If we could play Etta James, we would.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 14, 2015, 06:01:12 PM

oh my. girls night in AND Barbies. keep it themed girls, keep it themed.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-8F0BsMxLM

Catsmile

Words can hurt, and kill, remember? Using fag, bad! Using creepo, good? Today the enlightened one teaches us that PC tolerance is a one way street.
➽ONE WAY - THEIR WAY➤

Ad hominem, the actions of a mature person who preaches tolerance, enlightened indeed.  We don't have your amazing mind, heart, and spirit. I'm sure your post will light the PC path that we can all aspire to follow in the future. Goddess willing.

Reaction of the mature, tolerant, enlightened, PC, person to what isn't in the vogue leaflet ...

::)

RoseGirl

Quote from: nbirnes on June 14, 2015, 07:25:42 PM
Both, probably. I will PM you re: the Barbies. If we could play Etta James, we would.

k...will do. Too bad about Etta. Just love her.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 14, 2015, 08:05:19 PM
oh my. girls night in AND Barbies. keep it themed girls, keep it themed.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-8F0BsMxLM

Best. Barbie Band. EVER.

Total.

nbirnes

Announcement: Tonight at 10 pm Eastern, our own ponyboysunset will be the guest. That will make two females, two males tonight at the table.

RoseGirl will be joining us, to tilt the balance. She is, indeed, a girl. Boys can call in, if they dare. Let's see if we can keep on topic.

And what is the topic? Radio Girls!!

HopHey

Ok Catsmiles, I've never dressed provocatively.  It has always been very important to me that men get to know me and take an interest in me without me dressing like a whore.  I've never shown cleavage. I've never worn a mini skirt or shorts that barely covered my butt. I've never worn a bikini.  I'm also not a feminist.  I also don't mind if a man approaches me in public and compliments me.  I'm a very conservative dresser and have been my whole life. 

I've only accused one man, in my whole life, of sexually abusing me. He deserved it because I was 16 years old and I was a waitress at Dennys.  The busboy, who was about 40 yrs old, pinched my butt while I was taking someone's order.  I turned around and slapped him.  I didn't sue him or Dennys for the harassment, I felt all was resolved with a slap across the face.

I just don't like to be harassed by men on the internet that get awfully bold because they are behind a computer. 
I'm married and don't need a bunch of men hitting on me on the internet.

Ms. C

Quote from: nbirnes on June 15, 2015, 04:44:57 PM
Announcement: Tonight at 10 pm Eastern, our own ponyboysunset will be the guest. That will make two females, two males tonight at the table.

RoseGirl will be joining us, to tilt the balance. She is, indeed, a girl. Boys can call in, if they dare. Let's see if we can keep on topic.

And what is the topic? Radio Girls!!

Yay!  And I'll be able to listen live tonight.  😎

nbirnes

Quote from: Ms. C on June 15, 2015, 07:13:53 PM
Yay!  And I'll be able to listen live tonight.  😎

I'm actually doing a casual head count, and we have lots of ladies listening as well as talking. Should be interesting.

Let's see if we can keep the convo all intelligent and manly.

HopHey

Hello Nancy.  Your show was better last night.
I just wanted to apologize.  I heard the segment where you discussed the posts I've made in here.
I apologize if you think I hate you.  That is not the case at all.  I don't dislike you as a person.  I just personally haven't been a fan of the show or the format because of the interruptions. 

I'm so sorry that you felt I hated you.  I thought I had made that clear in my other posts regarding the show but I guess not.

zeebo

I enjoyed the show last nite.  The first one I've heard actually.  The conversation was pretty random but sometimes that's fun (as proven by the gabcast  ;)).   

And props to Redacted for trying to cut us male folk a break, noting that we actually have socially-imposed expectations to deal with as well.  Also was nice hearing PBSunset's passionate views on various issues - I'll have to check out her podcast.

Heather Wade

Thank you for having me, Nancy & crew.  It was great fun.

nbirnes

Quote from: HopHey on June 16, 2015, 05:43:56 AM
Hello Nancy.  Your show was better last night.
I just wanted to apologize.  I heard the segment where you discussed the posts I've made in here.
I apologize if you think I hate you.  That is not the case at all.  I don't dislike you as a person.  I just personally haven't been a fan of the show or the format because of the interruptions. 

I'm so sorry that you felt I hated you.  I thought I had made that clear in my other posts regarding the show but I guess not.

Thanks, HopHey! I'm glad improvement is possible in this lifetime, and it's also nice to hear kind words. Onward and upward ... 🌸🌸🌸

nbirnes

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 16, 2015, 02:20:36 PM
Thank you for having me, Nancy & crew.  It was great fun.

Thanks for coming on! Your love of radio shines right through, and this has got to be an exciting time for you. You also kept all secrets intact, no matter which tricky question was lobbed your way. Hmmm.

From the sounds of it, there's still lots we don't know and lots to look forward to. Lots.

We. Can't. Wait!!