• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

judyg

I love Bill's stories about famous people , and both Bill's amd Nancy's stories about the various characters in ufology. If Future Theater were on every night , I absolutely would listen !

castromiller

Despite a lot of negative criticism, I really like Future Theater.  Nancy and Bill are both incredibly well versed and connected to the UFO/Paranormal field, having put out UFO Magazine for decades.  I like the casual, chatty nature of the show.  There is an informal, organic flow to it that no other show has.  For my money, Nancy, Bill and Angel are spot on....and MV was a great guest last week.  I liked hearing Bell Gab: The Origins. In fact if anyone ever has doubts about Future Theater, listen to that 6/1/15 show and all those doubts will dissolve. 

I'd be interested in a show where they discuss enabling George Noory by ghostwriting his 'light worker' books, and perhaps his book of recipes for flavored butter. 

Or have they done that show already?

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 09, 2015, 10:22:31 PM
I'd be interested in a show where they discuss enabling George Noory by ghostwriting his 'light worker' books, and perhaps his book of recipes for flavored butter. 

Or have they done that show already?
They have hinted and commented a bit on this in the past during general discussions, not as a dedicated show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: castromiller on June 09, 2015, 02:53:44 PM
Despite a lot of negative criticism, I really like Future Theater.  Nancy and Bill are both incredibly well versed and connected to the UFO/Paranormal field, having put out UFO Magazine for decades.  I like the casual, chatty nature of the show.  There is an informal, organic flow to it that no other show has.  For my money, Nancy, Bill and Angel are spot on....and MV was a great guest last week.  I liked hearing Bell Gab: The Origins. In fact if anyone ever has doubts about Future Theater, listen to that 6/1/15 show and all those doubts will dissolve.

Thanks, sugar.

nbirnes

Quote from: castromiller on June 09, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Thank you very much for this. I wish every show would go as smoothly as that one did. I wish there were never any half-duplex tripping points with the phones. I wish I appreciated criticism as much as praise, but yes. Praise is more fun.

Morgus

Thanks Nancy, for mentioning many of us Bellgabbers last night on the show.
I like how you bring up some of the happenings at bellgab nearly every week on Future Theater recently - its fun! :)
I also like how you keep the young kids like Angel on their toes on FT and his own show.  ;D
I also enjoyed last night when Bill told about a "lost" episode of UFO Hunters - I loved that show on the history channel and still miss it!

nbirnes

Quote from: Morgus on June 09, 2015, 11:27:46 PM
They have hinted and commented a bit on this in the past during general discussions, not as a dedicated show.

I've consistently tried to keep away from dave-type controversies on the DMDN. Many times I've wanted to talk about these things but Angel or Bill will talk me off the ledge and slowly but surely, time makes things better. I'm proud of all the work we did to try to keep those books afloat and I'm also puttering with the aborted one, just for fun.

As you might already suspect, this stuff has to be handled with kid gloves.

nbirnes

Quote from: Morgus on June 09, 2015, 11:48:54 PM
Thanks Nancy, for mentioning many of us Bellgabbers last night on the show.
I like how you bring up some of the happenings at bellgab nearly every week on Future Theater recently - its fun! :)
I also like how you keep the young kids like Angel on their toes on FT and his own show.  ;D
I also enjoyed last night when Bill told about a "lost" episode of UFO Hunters - I loved that show on the history channel and still miss it!

Thanks, Morgus. There's been a news story breaking here at Bellgab every week, and I'm so excited to be part of the parade float, so to speak. I love a parade.

I think you posed a question that I side-stepped or forgot to answer a few weeks back and a few threads over. If you remember it, let me know.

GeoNemesis

Many of the harsher comments that focus on Nancy interrupting during the show exposes the commenter's misogyny.  I have listened to Future Theater for years and generally love the show. There are times when interruptions happen that are annoying, but more often than not, those interruptions are coming from Angel (the show's producer). He's the one that hardly ever adds to the show and is the reason that they get off-the-track. But Angel is a man, so nobody has an issue when he interrupts.

Bill is brilliant, and I don't care if he didn't pass the bar - he has the mind of a lawyer and his knowledge of the legal system enters into and adds to their discussions often.

The Future Theater show has a wide variety of guests and covers a wide variety of subjects. I especially enjoy it when their show covers controversial topics, conspiracies, and of course UFOs and "alien" encounters. 

Nancy may not be your cup of tea, but why single her out when their producer is just as annoying!

nbirnes

Quote from: GeoNemesis on June 10, 2015, 04:11:20 PM
Many of the harsher comments that focus on Nancy interrupting during the show exposes the commenter's misogyny.  I have listened to Future Theater for years and generally love the show. There are times when interruptions happen that are annoying, but more often than not, those interruptions are coming from Angel (the show's producer). He's the one that hardly ever adds to the show and is the reason that they get off-the-track. But Angel is a man, so nobody has an issue when he interrupts.

Bill is brilliant, and I don't care if he didn't pass the bar - he has the mind of a lawyer and his knowledge of the legal system enters into and adds to their discussions often.

The Future Theater show has a wide variety of guests and covers a wide variety of subjects. I especially enjoy it when their show covers controversial topics, conspiracies, and of course UFOs and "alien" encounters. 

Nancy may not be your cup of tea, but why single her out when their producer is just as annoying!

I am so pleased to see this comment, and with all the activity, it's so great to get a thumbs-up. I feel like Hermoine Granger sometimes, with my arm propped up in the permanent pose of "Please! I have something to add!!" Many many times my voice gets lost, and that's where the problem seems to be. Either give up or get rude.

If I gave up, the criticism would stop, but Bill would think I've lost my mind, so there's that. Also, Angel is a full couple of generations away from Bill and me, and so his pace and so forth reflects that. Also, he has a deep commanding voice, and I really value that.

Morgus

Quote from: nbirnes on June 10, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
Angel is a full couple of generations away from Bill and me, and so his pace and so forth reflects that. Also, he has a deep commanding voice, and I really value that.
Yes I like the conversations between the younger generation guys and when they actually learn something from Bill and Nancy!
Angel's expertise seems to have to do with Star Wars trivia I've noticed. ;)

Do you take callers during the live Future Theater show? If so do you have a Skype ID we bellgabbers can use for free wifi calling? :D

You agree with me Angel was truly awful.  Thanks for reinforcing that.  Interesting that Nancy's response to your post didn't really dispute that.  Like I said, I only listened to the one show.  To me Bill added nothing to that episode.  I thought maybe I just caught a bad show, but the regulars who posted seemed to like it.  Everyone isn't going to like everything.

Since I criticized each of them in my earlier post - and here now - as you prefer, I'm exempting myself from your charges of 'misogyny'. 

If you want to do more name calling, I suggest in your next post you refer to those who don't agree with you as 'racists' - that's more the go-to bullshit charge when there isn't really anything of substance to point to

Quote from: nbirnes on June 10, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
... Many many times my voice gets lost...

So all's well, you get to play the victim.  You didn't sound like one though

Lunger

Too bad Nancy is not black as well.  Then you could call me a racist too, huh?  Applying your pathetic labels to people because they disagree is just a tiresome PC thuggish way to shut down the conversation.  It grows more meaningless everyday.

Does Nancy interrupt with "Wait! Stop! Listen!" to move from one non-sequitur to another?  She sure does.  But Hoagland is just as rude and unfocused, if not more so,  and I have been a lot harsher on him over the years.   

Isn't it sad that you can criticize a man and nobody blinks an eye, but criticize a woman and people call you names.   If you were honest with yourself that should give you a lot to think about.

When I notice Angel interrupting it seems to be to try an reign Nancy in and forward the conversation.  Angel has another show on DMRN and its quite good. 

You're right, Future Theater is not my cup of tea.  I shall continue to not listen.

castromiller

Quote from: MV on June 09, 2015, 11:37:37 PM
Thanks, sugar.
You're welcome, suge (short for suger, not the rap mogul/vehicular murderer Suge Knight)

HopHey

I'm not a misogynist as I'm a woman myself and I enjoy hearing women on the radio. I don't enjoy someone interrupting the show and getting everyone sidetracked and making them lose their train of thought on what they were speaking about. Most of the interruptions are off topic.

I'm really tired of people calling people names because they don't like something. We're racist if we don't agree with what the President is doing and now we're a misogynist if we don't enjoy the woman on a podcast. When will it stop? 

I'm sorry Nancy that I don't enjoy your show.  I'm glad you have many supports and as I've said before, you seem very intelligent. I just don't like the format of your show.  That doesn't mean I don't like you as a person.  I admire you for writing so many books and having such an intelligent husband that loves you dearly.  I just don't enjoy your show and I apologize for that.  Not everyone is going to enjoy a certain program that they've heard.  When you're in the public's eye you have to be ready for criticism.   

nbirnes

Quote from: HopHey on June 11, 2015, 05:41:07 PM
I'm not a misogynist as I'm a woman myself and I enjoy hearing women on the radio. I don't enjoy someone interrupting the show and getting everyone sidetracked and making them lose their train of thought on what they were speaking about. Most of the interruptions are off topic.

I'm really tired of people calling people names because they don't like something. We're racist if we don't agree with what the President is doing and now we're a misogynist if we don't enjoy the woman on a podcast. When will it stop? 

I'm sorry Nancy that I don't enjoy your show.  I'm glad you have many supports and as I've said before, you seem very intelligent. I just don't like the format of your show.  That doesn't mean I don't like you as a person.  I admire you for writing so many books and having such an intelligent husband that loves you dearly.  I just don't enjoy your show and I apologize for that.  Not everyone is going to enjoy a certain program that they've heard.  When you're in the public's eye you have to be ready for criticism.

Please please please don't apologize. I always make a bad first impression; I predict we'll end up as besties after a while. I also value the contributions Paper*Boy makes on the forum, so it's squirmy to be at the wrong end of his/her comments.

Plus, you're both right. I do interrupt, but the good news is that it's something that can be fixed, and one day it will be.

HopHey

Quote from: nbirnes on June 11, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
Please please please don't apologize. I always make a bad first impression; I predict we'll end up as besties after a while. I also value the contributions Paper*Boy makes on the forum, so it's squirmy to be at the wrong end of his/her comments.

Plus, you're both right. I do interrupt, but the good news is that it's something that can be fixed, and one day it will be.

Thank you.  Now just forget the fact that I stated my gender on this forum lol.  I prefer to be anonymous and non gender specific in forums such as these. Too many creeps in the world for me to announce who I am and what gender I am.

nbirnes

Quote from: HopHey on June 11, 2015, 05:57:33 PM
Thank you.  Now just forget the fact that I stated my gender on this forum lol.  I prefer to be anonymous and non gender specific in forums such as these. Too many creeps in the world for me to announce who I am and what gender I am.

I rest my case.

HopHey

Quote from: nbirnes on June 11, 2015, 05:59:21 PM
I rest my case.

You rest your case on what? That I'm a misogynist?  No, I just get tired of perverted men that turn everything into sex on forums.
I'm new here and maybe that doesn't happen here but it gets old.  I'm happily married and just went through my first pregnancy that only lasted 8 weeks. I don't need men trying to cyber sex with me in a forum.
If anything, I'm anti perverted men not a misogynist.

nbirnes

Quote from: HopHey on June 11, 2015, 06:04:11 PM
You rest your case on what? That I'm a misogynist?  No, I just get tired of perverted men that turn everything into sex on forums.
I'm new here and maybe that doesn't happen here but it gets old.  I'm happily married and just went through my first pregnancy that only lasted 8 weeks. I don't need men trying to cyber sex with me in a forum.
If anything, I'm anti perverted men not a misogynist.

No, not that you're a misogynist. That would be silly.

That you're a woman, but not comfortable enough to make it public. It's not exactly a woman's world out here.

HopHey

Quote from: nbirnes on June 11, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
No, not that you're a misogynist. That would be silly.

That you're a woman, but not comfortable enough to make it public. It's not exactly a woman's world out here.

Ok that's the truth.  It's not a woman's world out here.  Most radio shows are hosted by men, most companies are run by men, the country has only been run by men.  Women do get the shaft more often than not. One of these days that will change. 

I misinterpreted what you said.  I've read the whole thread and the comment about it being a man's world was several replies back.

zeebo

Quote from: HopHey on June 11, 2015, 06:04:11 PM
... I just get tired of perverted men that turn everything into sex on forums.
I'm new here and maybe that doesn't happen here but it gets old.  ....

Just fyi it's a lightly-moderated forum and there are a few posters who seem to never have advanced past adolescence in how they relate to females.  When and if they annoy you, check out the Ignore List feature in your profile.

onan

Quote from: HopHey on June 11, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
Ok that's the truth.  It's not a woman's world out here.  Most radio shows are hosted by men, most companies are run by men, the country has only been run by men.  Women do get the shaft more often than not. One of these days that will change. 

I misinterpreted what you said.  I've read the whole thread and the comment about it being a man's world was several replies back.

Yet you're 51 percent of the population in the USA. Organize and run the bastards out.

chefist

What is the deal with "Future Theater"? It's really, really good!

Nancy and Bill...I'll be tuning in each Monday! Love the show!

nbirnes

Was there a comment saying that? lol. I missed it. Skimming with my eyes covered.

HopHey

Quote from: zeebo on June 11, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
Just fyi it's a lightly-moderated forum and there are a few posters who seem to never have advanced past adolescence in how they relate to females.  When and if they annoy you, check out the Ignore List feature in your profile.

That's good to know, thanks.  For now I'll just be known as Hop with the creepy clown zombie baby picture lol. And when people say Hey Hop it will be funny because my name is HopHey.

chefist

know many, many ladies with much more money and power than I have...

zeebo

Quote from: nbirnes on June 11, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
...Plus, you're both right. I do interrupt, but the good news is that it's something that can be fixed, and one day it will be.

Nancy actually I haven't had the chance to listen to your show yet, but fwiw you seem like a pretty good sport.

bateman