• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How do you de-select threads that appear under "Unread Replies"?

Started by Up All Night, November 26, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

Up All Night

When I go to "Unread Replies" (from the top right of the Forum), I get a list of threads that have new replies.

If I decide that I do not want to see a thread listed there anymore, how do I deselect or unsubscribe from that thread, so it never appears under "Unread Replies" ?

MV/Liberace!

Tick the check boxes to the right of the threads and then click "mark selected read".

Up All Night

Marking the thread read only takes the thread away for that day/time.

How do make it so that even if new replies are made for a thread that I no longer ever see that thread when looking at "New Replies"....

paladin1991

Quote from: Up All Night on August 08, 2015, 12:29:05 AM

How do make it so that even if new replies are made for a thread that I no longer ever see that thread when looking at "New Replies"....

Dude, you need to PM MV for stuff like this.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Up All Night on August 08, 2015, 12:29:05 AM

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  Is there not a way to ignore a thread forever?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 23, 2015, 10:59:16 AM
I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  Is there not a way to ignore a thread forever?

I don't think there is.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Up All Night on November 26, 2013, 12:22:44 AM
When I go to "Unread Replies" (from the top right of the Forum), I get a list of threads that have new replies.

If I decide that I do not want to see a thread listed there anymore, how do I deselect or unsubscribe from that thread, so it never appears under "Unread Replies" ?

I don't know why those settings are even there in the first place.  It's not rocket science ya know, if ya don't like it, DON'T LOOK!  Simple. ;)

zeebo

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 23, 2015, 10:59:16 AM

Guys most of us have tried to ignore the Falkie thread.  It's impossible.  It just keeps popping up like those little gnats that buzz around the kitchen sink.

Up All Night

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 23, 2015, 01:26:31 PM
I don't know why those settings are even there in the first place.  It's not rocket science ya know, if ya don't like it, DON'T LOOK!  Simple. ;)

Your missing the whole point.... I don't want to see it listed. Period.

Looking away or ignoring it after I've seen it, is exactly what I do not want to have to do.

Look, some thread "titles" are obnoxious. I realixe I'd have to look at thread titles in a "general" listing of threads.

But, in a specialized list of threads, ie, threads that I want to be subscribed to, then for a thread title to appear to a thread that I do not want to be subscribed to is ridiculous!!!!

No other message boards work like this.