• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Two Party System is an Illusion....

Started by Zoo, November 21, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

Sambo

Another half decade an it will be streamed from any device. Not just the most high end ones.

That being said all civil servants should be wired for A/V. In some respects I welcome a cashless society so that kickbacks and bribes will be easier to trace

wr250

Quote from: Zoo on December 18, 2013, 06:13:17 PM
     Both make really good statements/points. But when it all falls down to it, it's your fault it is this way. Don't get me wrong at all it is just as my fault to. I have seen police kick young woman in the face because they refused to move when marching against Wars, Banks, and even GMO's. I watched it happen and did nothing. This makes me a bad as the officer who did, in fact even worse."The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Which is so true.Now I'm not saying, eye for a eye, but we still need to film all actions with police and make them accountable for there actions. If you walk out of your home and don't have a video & audio camera go buy one. Because that's are best weapon to fight aggressive police who care nothing about the law. All the way till charges are filed no them for abuse!!1

make sure you set it to auto-upload to youtube or someplace. the person confiscating the camera or ordering you to erase the pictures/video does not have to know immediately (if they size the camera they will know eventually, might be hours though).furthermore, if you are thinking you might be in a situation where the camera might be seized or you ordered to erase it make sure you have a friend monitor the youtube account and mirror it (so if it gets a takedown order....).

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 18, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
Spot on.
Now I'm going to say something that will offend many of you at first but, take a breath, re-read, then respond.
I really believe, given many of the forces here in CT, that the priority given to MP's (deservedly so) coming home and filling open jobs has created a gung-ho culture.  This goes beyond "blue wall" to whereas a community/local cop who knows the score in town will bust a felon but basically hassle and move along a misdemeanor, a former MP, with the expectation of full compliance and the virtue of courts-martial, shows little patience with any offense nor any civilian.
There's almost a contempt, it seems, for civilians because so many did not serve while so few did.
I honestly believe over time these cops will grow into their communities, too, and take their training and skills and partner them with experience to be more well rounded officers.

That has a lot to do with it.  My (admittedly few) interactions with them have given me the feeling that their attitudes are - it's them vs everyone else.

But it started getting worse long before vets were coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.  And when every police force out there starts thinking they need armored cars and have plans to get drones, that is coming from the top - no the rank and file cop on the street.

The answer, as usual, is a small limited government with 'we the people' in charge (and in this case, not City Hall, the Police Chief, or the police unions having the final say).

Zoo

Quote from: wr250 on December 18, 2013, 06:52:44 PM
make sure you set it to auto-upload to youtube or someplace. the person confiscating the camera or ordering you to erase the pictures/video does not have to know immediately (if they size the camera they will know eventually, might be hours though).furthermore, if you are thinking you might be in a situation where the camera might be seized or you ordered to erase it make sure you have a friend monitor the youtube account and mirror it (so if it gets a takedown order....).

Good points- I will look in to a copblock app out their that is free to download and also like the mirror you-tube channel..

Zoo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 18, 2013, 07:07:11 PM

But it started getting worse long before vets were coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.  And when every police force out there starts thinking they need armored cars and have plans to get drones, that is coming from the top - no the rank and file cop on the street.

The answer, as usual, is a small limited government with 'we the people' in charge (and in this case, not City Hall, the Police Chief, or the police unions having the final say).

Police are being trained to think they are the last defense in protecting their country. This is why when you question them they look upon you as a enemy of this country. I have dealt with this on several occasions. Why are you questioning my authority? As I'm getting slammed up against a car. They think they can give and take rights as they see fit. This is what happens when you have a two party system. They got us to fit Demo vs Rep so they could take thre rights and the gold!!1

Juan

I remember back in the 70s in Atlanta, people in minority and poor communities were complaining about police who rode in cars all day.  They complained that the car separated the officer from the people in the neighborhood.  The police officer developed a fortress mentality and never got to know people in the neighborhood the way that a cop who walked the beat did.

I think that was the beginning of the us vs. them mentality that so many police officers have ow.  That ant the military tactics they are taught and the military equipment they are given.

Quote from: Zoo on December 19, 2013, 01:03:19 AM
Police are being trained to think they are the last defense in protecting their country. This is why when you question them they look upon you as a enemy of this country. I have dealt with this on several occasions. Why are you questioning my authority? As I'm getting slammed up against a car. They think they can give and take rights as they see fit. This is what happens when you have a two party system. They got us to fit Demo vs Rep so they could take thre rights and the gold!!1

Having been a civilian in law enforcement for 13 years, I can say that I think you are essentially correct here, Zoo.  Wasn't Joseph Wambaugh writing about "the thin blue line" (how the police are the one thing separating society from anarchy/chaos) some 40 years ago?  There were a number of good, decent, compassionate officers; there were also a number of power-drunk types such as are being discussed here.

Zoo

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 19, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
  Wasn't Joseph Wambaugh writing about "the thin blue line" (how the police are the one thing separating society from anarchy/chaos) some 40 years ago?  There were a number of good, decent, compassionate officers; there were also a number of power-drunk types such as are being discussed here.

Most people think I'm a Cop hater.  For the most part I am just seen way to much BS done by them, but I do know some really good cops too. I consider them like my brothers and sisters. I tell them like I tell everyone "No victim no crime".

The really cool thing is the internet(YOUTUBE) is helping the people out like with cop watch and Anonymous movement are getting police to start thinking for them self's again which is awesome to me!!1

http://youtu.be/kd-gn-FtG30