• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 10:38:25 PM
I wouldn't have figured you for a burqa man, Aldous.

[aldous]The burqa the better.[/aldous]

area51drone

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 23, 2013, 10:27:26 PM
Re: KMFDM  - One of my favorites!!
They're kind of like a european NIN, not as good as NIN IMO, but they have some good songs.  Most people have heard their work, they just don't know it - they made the Mortal Kombat song...

Mortal Kombat KMFDM Mortal Kombat Theme

BTW Bateman, I forgot to say, another great show.  Keep up the good work man, I wish you could be a daily show.  I can only imagine how much work it must take to be prepared for all these guests.

jazmunda

Great show again Mary-Anne .... I mean Bateman. :)

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 11:11:02 PM
They're kind of like a european NIN, not as good as NIN IMO, but they have some good songs.  Most people have heard their work, they just don't know it - they made the Mortal Kombat song...

Mortal Kombat KMFDM Mortal Kombat Theme

BTW Bateman, I forgot to say, another great show.  Keep up the good work man, I wish you could be a daily show.  I can only imagine how much work it must take to be prepared for all these guests.
This is not KMFDM, I think the video is mislabeled. The Mortal Kombat song was made by the Utah Saints.

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 10:27:35 PM
One can hope. What countries would you recommend ordering from?

I'll step in and suggest Eastern Europe.  They make them top-heavy over there.

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 10:27:03 PM
I think you're right about whittling down the topics, we touched on a good amount of material in only an hour. Eventually I'd like to do much longer shows, and more often, but right now there are limiting factors.

Longer shows would be great, even just two hours like the Hoagland show. 

Listened to Gabcast tonight, and now I'm left wanting more Mary-anne minutes too.

area51drone

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 23, 2013, 11:18:25 PM
This is not KMFDM, I think the video is mislabeled. The Mortal Kombat song was made by the Utah Saints.

My mistake, I'm sure you are right, KMFDM was on the Mortal Kombat album at least, Juke Joint Jezebel.  I'm sure that's how I first heard of them.   Utah Saints isn't bad either.

area51drone

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on December 24, 2013, 01:03:44 AM
Longer shows would be great, even just two hours like the Hoagland show. 

Fuck...  what I would give to hear 100 more hours of Hoagland.   I can't get enough of him for some reason.   I laugh at nearly everything he says.   Bateman's interview was one of the best if not the best Hoagland interview I have ever heard.   I hope you have him on again soon Bateman!

ZHero

Bateman, really good show.  Kind of reminiscent of the old Art Bell show.  I LOVE the UFO/alien
And cryptozoology stuff. Shame time ran out before could get to lake monsters.  Dark Weekend
Made me not even want to listen to Crap to Crap AM last night.  Awesome job!

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 10:34:22 PM
My preference?  Assghanistan.  Latvia though, sounds really hot!

latvia, is that where both dr dooms are ? oh wait victor von doom (marvel comics) is in latveria , not latvia ...

BobGrau

Quote from: wr250 on December 24, 2013, 10:40:27 AM
latvia, is that where both dr dooms are ? oh wait victor von doom (marvel comics) is in latveria , not latvia ...

noory must've arranged Ed's travel plans.

maureen

well done, Bateman!! a thoroughly enjoyable show!!

Another great show by Bateman with Nick Redfern.  I seriously would put these shows on a par level with some of Art's best.  Keep up the good work.

BobGrau

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 03:42:03 PM
No, I am not winding down, running off with a foreign bride, nor was I victim of a directed energy attack. In all honesty, my Saturday guest (not Nick, a different one) slept through the interview time, and by the time he woke up & called, it was just too close to airtime to get it edited & sent off to Keith.

Without further ado, Nick Redfern on surveillance of abductees, secret military documents, MJ-12 & chupacabra:

https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/nick-redfern-discusses

Stop STARING at me Nick, I'm listening now.

Spinner

Bateman:
Been loving your "Dark Weekend" shows, and I'd definitely love it if you could go make it a two-hour show.
Any chance of that happening soon?

cweb

another enjoyable show, keep 'em coming!

it's nice to hear these kinds of guests engaged in conversation rather than forced into monologue.

bateman

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on December 25, 2013, 12:23:49 AM
Another great show by Bateman with Nick Redfern.  I seriously would put these shows on a par level with some of Art's best.  Keep up the good work.

That is one hell of a positive review, wow. Thanks so much. And I appreciate everyone's feedback, it's been overwhelming.

I feel a bit like a Cessna pilot who's just jumped into the cockpit of an F-16. I might know the basic controls, but I've only had about 7 hours of flight time in it, so I've got a long way to go. The show will continue to improve as I get more experience.

bateman

Would anyone be interested in a show on art heists? I've been putting out a lot of UFO content, and while I find it fascinating, I don't think I could do it every single week. I'd like to diversify a bit. I have some really interesting guests lined up, just wondered if that particular one might be of interest.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on December 27, 2013, 04:19:34 PM
Would anyone be interested in a show on art heists?
You mean the non-compete contract?  Not really.

BobGrau

Quote from: bateman on December 27, 2013, 04:18:12 PM
That is one hell of a positive review, wow. Thanks so much. And I appreciate everyone's feedback, it's been overwhelming.

I feel a bit like a Cessna pilot who's just jumped into the cockpit of an F-16. I might know the basic controls, but I've only had about 7 hours of flight time in it, so I've got a long way to go. The show will continue to improve as I get more experience.

Just keep up the homoerotic subtext, you'll be fine.

bateman

Quote from: BobGrau on December 27, 2013, 04:31:27 PM
Just keep up the homoerotic subtext, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Who wants to be Goose?  ;)

Yorkshire pud

You can start by spotting the difference between an F16 and an F14 lol...  ;D

Only saying.

Great show Steve!

BobGrau

...cockpit of an F-16. I might know the basic controls, but I've only had about 7...

Wait for it... wwaaaiiit... cockpic.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 27, 2013, 04:34:06 PM
You can start by spotting the difference between an F16 and an F14 lol...  ;D

That was my first thought too...  ;D ;D   But I think Bateman knows.

Obligatory Iranian F-14 pilot

Art heists sounds fun.  True crime is always a great subject.

steelbot

Quote from: area51drone on December 27, 2013, 05:44:06 PM
That was my first thought too...  ;D ;D   But I think Bateman knows.

Obligatory Iranian F-14 pilot
Iranian's couldn't do shit vs a 16 year old kid who's just "flight experience" was taken from bullshit never happen incentive flights with his dad. Against said kid, and his daddy's squad leader or buddy, whatever, still...

I give you.

Iron Eagle :P 

bateman

Quote from: BobGrau on December 27, 2013, 04:54:43 PM
Wait for it... wwaaaiiit... cockpic.

Cock pics may be sent to Jazmunda for approval.

bateman

Quote from: Spinner on December 26, 2013, 12:38:26 AM
Bateman:
Been loving your "Dark Weekend" shows, and I'd definitely love it if you could go make it a two-hour show.
Any chance of that happening soon?

Actually, this weekend is the first hour of a 2 hour interview with Bill Birnes, so that'll air tomorrow.

area51drone

Quote from: steelbot on December 27, 2013, 11:43:58 PM
Iranian's couldn't do shit vs a 16 year old kid who's just "flight experience" was taken from bullshit never happen incentive flights with his dad. Against said kid, and his daddy's squad leader or buddy, whatever, still...

I give you.

Iron Eagle :P 

Agreed. He could have done more with a Cessna 172 than an Iranian could do with a F22.  Don't forget, he had a lot of sim experience too.