• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

New train wreck podcast tonight and new bateman. Awesome!!

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 12, 2013, 02:42:56 PM
Hey are you going to post the Rogoway interview on the Dark Weekend page?

Listening now. Love that new intro!

Thanks! Ya know, I probably will, but going forward, at least some of the content will be on the WABC website.. They've officially picked it up as a web feature.

Quote from: bateman on November 12, 2013, 05:51:36 PM
Thanks! Ya know, I probably will, but going forward, at least some of the content will be on the WABC website.. They've officially picked it up as a web feature.

Can they be posted in both places? It would be nice to get all of them at one site. Or alternatively, can you give the WABC link where we can find your contributions specifically?

Mhayhurst

Yes please post a link if your interviews will not be posted on Dark Weekend. Thanks!

bateman

I will obviously let you guys know where to find these. Still putting things together & figuring out exactly how I want to structure the show. A lot to get done this week.

Quote from: bateman on November 12, 2013, 09:45:57 PM
I will obviously let you guys know where to find these. Still putting things together & figuring out exactly how I want to structure the show. A lot to get done this week.
The bit on the SR-72 was really cool. Could tell you were really into it and I like your interviewing style too.

It would be nice if there was a central place that had all of your shows collected together once there are a few more. I'm sure we'll all keep on following this thread but it is easy to miss stuff, and you could probably get a larger audience if you have a central site that has all of them. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work

The General

awesome!  congrats!
I listened to this last interview twice, it was cool.

bateman

Thanks, guys. Yeah, Ty is pretty adamant that Aurora does not, and has never, existed, but I think they tested 'em, even if they were never put into active service. We were pressed for time, but there are other tantalizing clues that at least one of these hypersonic jets exist.

I will definitely be consolidating everything going forward.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on November 12, 2013, 01:15:51 PM
Fun little interview I did with Ty Rogoway of aviationintel.com. He talks Lockheed's SR-72, and throws cold water on Aurora.

http://mfi.re/listen/iswac814faoaasa/rogoway(1).mp3

More to come this weekend. Lots lined up.

Amazing. Thank you. Keep up the great work.

Could this be Mary Anne's granddaughter?

bateman

Quote from: The General on November 12, 2013, 10:06:17 PM
awesome!  congrats!
I listened to this last interview twice, it was cool.

Well that's a good sign, thanks  :D

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2013, 04:41:56 AM
Amazing. Thank you. Keep up the great work.

Could this be Mary Anne's granddaughter?

Thank yeeewww. That cat is a monster.

bateman

So apparently George Knapp & I have the same guest this weekend. I'm interviewing Keith McCloskey this afternoon, author of Mountain of the Dead, and then he'll be appearing on Coast later tonight. Because mine's recorded, you'll probably hear it on Monday or Tuesday though.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bateman on November 17, 2013, 12:24:42 PM
So apparently George Knapp & I have the same guest this weekend. I'm interviewing Keith McCloskey this afternoon, author of Mountain of the Dead, and then he'll be appearing on Coast later tonight. Because mine's recorded, you'll probably hear it on Monday or Tuesday though.

YESSSS! I'm fascinated by this topic.

Awesome I'm really interested to hear about the Dyatlov pass incident.

As a request, and just to throw this out there - would it be possible to do a show on the Black Knight satellite? The first I had heard of it was what Art posted on his website, and I hoped he would do a dark matter show on it.

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 17, 2013, 02:32:06 PM
Awesome I'm really interested to hear about the Dyatlov pass incident.

As a request, and just to throw this out there - would it be possible to do a show on the Black Knight satellite? The first I had heard of it was what Art posted on his website, and I hoped he would do a dark matter show on it.

Yeah, I definitely would. Not immediately sure of who to talk to about it, but I'll look into it.

Re: Dyatlov, the more I heard about it from Keith McCloskey, the less likely I think it is that there's a simple, mundane explanation. There was VERY high level Soviet military involvement in this case, and the lead criminal investigator believed until his death that this was.. unnatural.

HorrorRetro

Can't wait! I'm really fascinated by this story. My daughter sent me a link to a story on it yesterday, not knowing that I'd already been reading up on it for a few weeks, so now she's into it too.

jazmunda

Poach to Poach AM ;)

Never heard of this but having just read the wikipedia on it I am intrigued. I love these type of mysteries.

George Drooly

Don't forget to ask "Could it have been a portal?"

Interesting subject, though. Wondering if it's maybe the Russian equivalent of The Philadelphia Experiment.

The General

Wow that's awesome... I have just been reading all about the Dyatlov incident online.
Can't wait to hear BOTH interviews.  I've never really checked out Knapp, here's my chance.

lonevoice

This topic gives me chills, regardless of the explanations.   I may not listen to Knapp's interview tonight, but will definitely be looking forward to yours!

Great show. Take notes, Jorch.

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on November 17, 2013, 07:19:48 PM
This topic gives me chills, regardless of the explanations.   I may not listen to Knapp's interview tonight, but will definitely be looking forward to yours!

Like I said, the more I heard about it, the creepier it got. Whatever it was, it warranted visits from Soviet generals. You'd think they'd have more important things to do than investigate the deaths of some skiers.

And thank you all for the positive feedback, I'm kind of surprised at the response this has gotten.

BobGrau

Quote from: bateman on November 18, 2013, 11:00:03 PM
Like I said, the more I heard about it, the creepier it got. Whatever it was, it warranted visits from Soviet generals. You'd think they'd have more important things to do than investigate the deaths of some skiers.

And thank you all for the positive feedback, I'm kind of surprised at the response this has gotten.

Hurry up and post a new show ffs!

...er, please?

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on November 19, 2013, 06:02:49 AM
Hurry up and post a new show ffs!

...er, please?

Bateman's winding down folks. He's winding down. ;)

I keep checking the website to see if there's anything new! Can't wait to hear the new episode

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 19, 2013, 01:04:45 PM
I keep checking the website to see if there's anything new! Can't wait to hear the new episode

Finishing up editing now. JUST A FEW MINUTES, PEOPLE.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: bateman on November 19, 2013, 01:26:26 PM
Finishing up editing now. JUST A FEW MINUTES, PEOPLE.

Perfect!  I need something to listen to when I go to bed tonight.

The General

Quote from: bateman on November 19, 2013, 02:18:30 PM
Here we go. Enjoy.

http://mfi.re/listen/hrfo1454y535sj2/Mixdown.mp3
I'm halfway through... really cool interview so far.  You guys are touching on a lot of stuff that wasn't in the Knapp interview, which is awesome.  What's all this bumper music you keep playing?  I keep waiting to hear Huey Lewis.