• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

Chine

Quote from: lonevoice on October 31, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
Did you know Fred Rothbell-Mista, the VIP host at the Limelight in its Heyday?  He was my Uncle...RIP, Uncle Fred.

I don't remember the host's name. Feels so long ago like another lifetime. My roommates and I were given VIP passes, so we went often. This was back in 87. LV, good thoughts you in memory of your Uncle Fred.

lonevoice

Quote from: Chine on October 31, 2013, 06:56:51 PM
I don't remember the host's name. Feels so long ago like another lifetime. My roommates and I were given VIP passes, so we went often. This was back in 87. LV, good thoughts you in memory of your Uncle Fred.
Thank you for your good thoughts, much appreciated.

MV/Liberace!

nicely done, bateman.  you know wtf you're doing.

Whens the next show!?!?!?!?!

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on October 31, 2013, 06:41:19 PM
Just now getting a chance to listen to it...am about halfway through.  I'm enjoying it a lot, bateman.  You sound so well prepared for Tobias, as though you did a great deal of show prep.  You're listening very closely to what he says and asking great on-topic questions, as well as steering the interview in a logical, forward direction.  Good job!!  There's a certain somewhat of a show host who could definitely take notes.

Thank you! And thank you, everyone. I was going for "marginally better than Jorch" the first time out but it sounds like you guys enjoyed it well enough. I did do a decent amount of prep, so I'm glad it showed.

I'll be out of town this weekend, but look for a new one next week.

b_dubb

i haven't even listened to your first show and i already feel compelled to start speculating as whether you've lost your edge, scheming to get out of your contract so you can retire early (again!) and potentially relocating to an island nation in the pacific.  i have been spending entirely too much time at bellgab.com

i'm sure i'll enjoy your show

lonevoice

Quote from: b_dubb on November 01, 2013, 07:30:15 PM
i haven't even listened to your first show and i already feel compelled to start speculating as whether you've lost your edge, scheming to get out of your contract so you can retire early (again!) and potentially relocating to an island nation in the pacific.  i have been spending entirely too much time at bellgab.com

i'm sure i'll enjoy your show
Hahaha!  This is my favorite post today.   ;D

SaucyRossy

I just got done listening to the first episode of dark weekend.

With out a doubt people NEED to LISTEN to this.

First off, Steve is a great host, who did his research and has Art bellesque interview instincts. The questions he asked were spot on and he knew when to interject and when to listen to the answers.

Secondly, the guest Tobias as many know is a fantastic interview subject, knowledgable, sane, and interesting.

If you haven't listened you really should because this is just a fantastic supplement to the long lull of the weekend before art starts his weeke back up.

steelbot

So listening to the cast - NICE work Bateman seriously some good talent my friend - keep em coming...weekly? or Biweekly? *Snickering here*

onan

Quote from: steelbot on November 02, 2013, 05:52:53 AM
So listening to the cast - NICE work Bateman seriously some good talent my friend - keep em coming...weekly? or Biweekly? *Snickering here*

Semi weekly... I can't believe I have to tell you this.

area51drone

Bateman, very professional sound, it is clear you have some radio background.   I just started the cast right now and I'm impressed so far.   As you said, your level could use a little adjustment, it is hard to hear you at times.  But, great to have another thing to listen to when Art isn't on.

jazmunda

Bateman for Dark Matter weekend host!

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on November 02, 2013, 05:52:53 AM

Quote from: onan on November 02, 2013, 06:02:55 AM

Bi-weekly is when you change your sexual orientation every other week.

George Drooly

Bateman, will you be prank calling yourself?

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on November 02, 2013, 06:37:24 AM
Bi-weekly is when you change your sexual orientation every other week.
Semi-Weekly is when you go down to a local truckstop??  :o  :P  :-X

steelbot

Quote from: onan on November 02, 2013, 06:02:55 AM

Do you really have to ambulance chase?  Or do your clients come to you?  ;)

Foodlion

Bateman, are you going to be doing pet whore-a-scopes too?

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 01, 2013, 08:29:43 PM
I just got done listening to the first episode of dark weekend.

With out a doubt people NEED to LISTEN to this.

First off, Steve is a great host, who did his research and has Art bellesque interview instincts. The questions he asked were spot on and he knew when to interject and when to listen to the answers.

Secondly, the guest Tobias as many know is a fantastic interview subject, knowledgable, sane, and interesting.

If you haven't listened you really should because this is just a fantastic supplement to the long lull of the weekend before art starts his weeke back up.

This is beyond what I deserve, but I really, really appreciate it.

Quote from: jazmunda on November 02, 2013, 06:07:22 AM
Bateman for Dark Matter weekend host!

No hope of that now.  >:(

bateman

Quote from: Foodlion on November 05, 2013, 10:46:00 AM
Bateman, are you going to be doing pet whore-a-scopes too?

Heh, maybe I'll have this loon on: http://www.drstandley.com/cat_sunsigns.shtml

Forget the weekend Bateman for Dark Matter host!

Miranda

Excellent show! Looking forward to more.

Chine

We need Bateman Parts. Caps, mugs, t shirts. I'll submit a design. Oh! Gemini Cat Dark Weekend salt and pepper shakers. Think of the possibilities. Heh heh.

Hey Bateman, just heard your first show. Keep it up! It was a great start.

coaster

I have no idea how I missed all of this, but I'm tuning in.

Jackstar

Airplane Counting on You.mp4

(note the bump of the landing gear coming down as a subtext)

Sardondi

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PMTonight. Tobias McGriff is my first guest.  ;D

http://www.darkweekend.net/
So cool! Love the design! Love it! Now, to the meat....

*edit* - Quick interrupt: I was looking for "Hip To Be Square" as theme music, but maybe that's too in-jokey. Besides, there's the stuff with licensing fees, etc.

Ok so its obvious art's show is kaput.
Looking forward to Batemans show this weekend. Got a bottle of Scotch eagerly waiting for it to be posted!

saucerlike

Listening to Ep. 1 now.  Thanks to nooryisawesome for mentioning it in the Art quits thread.   8)