• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

trostol

Quote from: Gemstone on April 28, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
Listened live from the Oregon Coast.  Another great segment!

agreed!!!! except for the Oregon Coast part

bateman

Quote from: Gemstone on April 28, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
Listened live from the Oregon Coast.  Another great segment!

Thankyeewww. Here's that Heinken ad John mentioned:

https://youtu.be/8wYXw4K0A3g

bateman

Quote from: trostol on April 28, 2017, 10:25:48 PM
agreed!!!! except for the Oregon Coast part

Hey, you made it.

trostol

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 28, 2017, 10:32:06 PM
Hey, you made it.

yarp...keep up the good work..and more dino stuff lol

bateman

Quote from: trostol on April 28, 2017, 10:33:29 PM
yarp...keep up the good work..and more dino stuff lol

Oh, I found this the other day, maybe you saw it on Twitter: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39643528

Dr. MD MD

Why isn't there a Steve Warner show on WABC?!  ???

You'd think you'd be a natural to follow the Bachelor show.  ;)

trostol

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 28, 2017, 10:35:29 PM
Oh, I found this the other day, maybe you saw it on Twitter: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39643528

saw something similar the other day to that..was something along the lines dino's may have looked more like crocs...

trostol

SciFiAuthor

Good segment Bateman. At least you and Batchelor are still doing interesting radio. Not many others are ....

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 28, 2017, 10:38:56 PM
yarp...if you don't know what it is from..i feel for you

*Yarps yer wallet*

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 10:37:49 PM
Why isn't there a Steve Warner show on WABC?!  ???

You'd think you'd be a natural to follow the Bachelor show.  ;)

You never know. The magic vitamin infomercials that have plagued the station on the weekends are being cast aside for Batchelor best-of shows. It's a step in the right direction at least.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 28, 2017, 10:40:26 PM
You never know. The magic vitamin infomercials that have plagued the station on the weekends are being cast aside for Batchelor best-of shows. It's a step in the right direction at least.

You need an aggressive manager to push for that! Show them the Bellgab stats!  >:(

Dr. MD MD

Hey, gang! I just had a brilliant brainstorm of an idea. Bellgabbers should FLOOD WABC with emails DEMANDING a Steve Warner show! Be sure to tell them that the 10 minute lead-ins have hooked you and you're Jonesing, fucking JONESING for a whole show of Steve! Do it!! :D

77 WABC Contact Information:

Main Phone Number: 1-212-613-3800

Advertising Inquiries: 1-212-613-3800

Got Comments? Let us know comments@wabcradio.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXojME_NC0U

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 28, 2017, 10:54:19 PM
Hey, gang! I just had a brilliant brainstorm of an idea. Bellgabbers should FLOOD WABC with emails DEMANDING a Steve Warner show! Be sure to tell them that the 10 minute lead-ins have hooked you and you're Jonesing, fucking JONESING for a whole show of Steve! Do it!! :D

77 WABC Contact Information:

Main Phone Number: 1-212-613-3800

Advertising Inquiries: 1-212-613-3800

Got Comments? Let us know comments@wabcradio.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXojME_NC0U

Oh god, don't harass poor Gladys at the front desk.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on April 28, 2017, 11:04:04 PM
Oh god, don't harass poor Gladys at the front desk.

How many times has MaryAnne called?

bateman

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 28, 2017, 11:04:42 PM
How many times has MaryAnne called?

Maryanne is usually too busy with the cable company.

bateman

Was invited to a screening of this - will talk about it Friday with Batchelor

https://youtu.be/1teM525rVlc

Lilith

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 03, 2017, 04:43:20 PM
Was invited to a screening of this - will talk about it Friday with Batchelor

https://youtu.be/1teM525rVlc

I've watched both  Citizenfour and MrRobot.  This should be great!!

bateman

Quote from: brig on May 03, 2017, 05:21:00 PM
I've watched both  Citizenfour and MrRobot.  This should be great!!

Assange is reeeeeaaaaaally not happy with the new cut.

QuoteRisk first premiered a year ago at the Cannes Film Festival, with a vastly different cut that was reportedly a much more straightforward, positive portrayal of Wikileaks and Assange.

Lilith

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 03, 2017, 05:32:00 PM

The plot thickens.  Now you have me doing "research" LOL's   8)

TigerLily

Bateman did an epic podcast on this subject back in the day. About H.H. Holmes and his "Murder House"

Is 'Devil in White City' buried in tomb? Remains to be unearthed to find out

The remains of notorious Chicago serial killer H.H. Holmes are set to be exhumed to try to solve a 120-year-old mystery: Did the "Devil in the White City" fake his own execution?

History tells us that Holmes â€" whose macabre murder spree during the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago was detailed in Erik Larson's 2003 best-seller "The Devil in the White City" â€" was hanged in Philadelphia in 1896 and buried at nearby Holy Cross Cemetery.

But Holmes, whose birth name was Herman Mudgett, was long rumored to have applied his infamous skills of deceit to his own fate, and one legend has it that he paid off jail guards to hang a cadaver in his place so he could escape to South America.

Following a request by a descendant of Mudgett, a court in Pennsylvania has issued an order allowing the remains to be unearthed, according to a spokesman for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which owns the cemetery. ...  - Chicago Times

Wonder if it's the guy you interviewed. You did some awesome podcasts, Steve

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on May 04, 2017, 11:14:23 PM
Bateman did an epic podcast on this subject back in the day. About H.H. Holmes and his "Murder House"

Is 'Devil in White City' buried in tomb? Remains to be unearthed to find out

The remains of notorious Chicago serial killer H.H. Holmes are set to be exhumed to try to solve a 120-year-old mystery: Did the "Devil in the White City" fake his own execution?

History tells us that Holmes â€" whose macabre murder spree during the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago was detailed in Erik Larson's 2003 best-seller "The Devil in the White City" â€" was hanged in Philadelphia in 1896 and buried at nearby Holy Cross Cemetery.

But Holmes, whose birth name was Herman Mudgett, was long rumored to have applied his infamous skills of deceit to his own fate, and one legend has it that he paid off jail guards to hang a cadaver in his place so he could escape to South America.

Following a request by a descendant of Mudgett, a court in Pennsylvania has issued an order allowing the remains to be unearthed, according to a spokesman for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which owns the cemetery. ...  - Chicago Times

Wonder if it's the guy you interviewed. You did some awesome podcasts, Steve

Seems interesting, but I wonder what the motivation is after all these years. Pretty sure he is dead by now.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2017, 11:21:34 PM
Seems interesting, but I wonder what the motivation is after all these years. Pretty sure he is dead by now.
Sell a book. Wasnt he the guy that got a bit ornery? But also the Jack the Ripper angle, I seem to recall.

Jackstar

Quote from: bateman⭐️ on May 03, 2017, 05:32:00 PM

massive rolleyes

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2017, 11:21:34 PM
Pretty sure he is dead by now.

who killed Schenectady question mark don't call me Shirley greater than 3

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2017, 11:27:04 PM
Sell a book. Wasnt he the guy that got a bit ornery? But also the Jack the Ripper angle, I seem to recall.

Once they find a body in the grave, what could they possibly be looking for?  DNA to compare it to some long distant relative? For what purpose? Doesn't seem like they would still have Jack the Ripper DNA. The book idea wouldn't have been enough to convince a judge (I don't think).