• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Spinner

Quote from: williedee on January 30, 2014, 08:43:40 PM
Alright, so I've gotten some good feedback from the testers. I plan on releasing the final torrent within the next couple of weeks.  :)
Awesome! Can hardly wait.
Will this new final torrent include the shows from Jazmunda's collection?

williedee

Quote from: Spinner on January 31, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

Awesome! Can hardly wait.
Will this new final torrent include the shows from Jazmunda's collection?

yes

Stranger929

Is this torrent circulating yet?

Renton

This is going to rock! Cannot wait to download this bad boy!

williedee

Quote from: Stranger929 on February 02, 2014, 12:00:30 AM
Is this torrent circulating yet?

I am waiting on a few more people to get back to me (with some extra shows). Shouldn't be too much longer!

Stranger929

Awesome, this will be better than Christmas. I've got an entire iPod set aside for it all!

williedee

January is sending me some final corrections and about 40 more shows, then I think it will be as finished as it'll ever be. Almost there :)

Thanks to everyone for their hard work. I cant wait to download it.

byte9

Patiently waiting. 

I've been lurking this thread forever just waiting for your hard work to manifest. Clamoring. :)

Is she out of the oven, almost done cooling?

williedee

Quote from: byte9 on February 18, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
Patiently waiting. 

I've been lurking this thread forever just waiting for your hard work to manifest. Clamoring. :)

Is she out of the oven, almost done cooling?

I have 1 last load of shows coming in from some people, after I get done integrating them I will finalize it and release. I'm for completion within the week. I'm excited too!

byte9

Pre-release trivia while we wait, do you know the original storage media of all these old shows that Art handed over to Clear Channel for encoding when they launched stream link, taking ownership of all the old show rights?

williedee

Quote from: byte9 on February 18, 2014, 11:32:38 AM
Pre-release trivia while we wait, do you know the original storage media of all these old shows that Art handed over to Clear Channel for encoding when they launched stream link, taking ownership of all the old show rights?

nope, do you? :P

jan78

More final fixes / that's what I am still doing
Will I appreciate your patience :)

This will be a big leap forward in accuracy and completeness
including fixing those infernal bad dates that were around forever on the old Dreamlands, plus many others
Even the hard to please will find something to like in this :)

I too can hardly wait to finish ... thanks, it won't be that much longer (really)

byte9

@williedee I do indeed. He submitted a box full of VHS tapes, believe it or not. The whole of his body of work was recorded on VHS. So they got this big mess of a situation encoding a lot of the shows in this torrent from analog VHS tapes. :)

WhiteCrow

Thanks williedee and others for all your work!
Been watching this thread and I'm very excited that all your hard work is near completion!!!

I'd like to download the files when you're finished but I'm a complete computer dope.
I had to wiki "Torrent" to understand what it is :)

I see that the whole file is 40 some gigs and over 1000 shows!

My computer is HP windows 7 laptop with a solid state drive and with only 15 gigs of free space available.
I'm thinking maybe I could download some files and transfer them to a memory stick, delete those files from my computer and repeat process until I get all of them???

Any and all help as to software and instructions needed to download the files would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

wr250

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 19, 2014, 07:26:48 AM
Been watching this thread and I'm very excited that all your hard work is near completion!!!

I'd like to download the files when you're finished but I'm a complete computer dope.

My computer is HP windows 7 laptop with a solid state drive and with only 15 gigs of free space available.
I'm thinking maybe I could download some files and transfer them to a memory stick, delete those files from my computer and repeat process until I get all of them???

Any and all help as to software and instructions needed to download the files would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

or just download them directly to the memory stick

WhiteCrow

Quote from: wr250 on February 19, 2014, 07:57:00 AM
or just download them directly to the memory stick

Thanks! I didn't even know they made memory sticks that large.
Looked them up and surprised how inexpensive they are now.

byte9

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 19, 2014, 08:06:21 AM
Thanks! I didn't even know they made memory sticks that large.
Looked them up and surprised how inexpensive they are now.

You may want to look into how inexpensive 2TB HDD are on Amazon. That would give you much more space to spare as well as enough to DL the full torrent without compromise.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Canvio-Basics-Portable-HDTB220XK3CA/dp/B00ARJD56K/ref=sr_1_19?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1392872420&sr=1-19&keywords=1tb+2.5

Quote from: byte9 on February 19, 2014, 11:00:57 PM
You may want to look into how inexpensive 2TB HDD are on Amazon. That would give you much more space to spare as well as enough to DL the full torrent without compromise.

This is going to be the best option. Torrents are downloaded non-sequentially so it's not a linear process, which is to say once 50% of the torrent is downloaded, it does not mean you have half of the shows complete and ready to listen to. To avoid a big mess you're going to want to download the whole shebang all at once.

williedee

TIA

They will also be in my repository eventually, you can download shows 1 by 1 from that.

bigchucka

That will be awesome!  Saves me from figuring out how to DL just what I was wanting to hear.  Thanks in advance.

In most torrent programs you can selectively download files out of it without having to grab them all unless of course they're archived. When loading the torrent you'll usually see a list of what's included with check boxes beside the items. Uncheck what you don't want to download and you're golden.

On a newer torrent with a smaller amount of seeds you'll find this might slow things down a bit but if it's what you gotta do for what this sounds like it'd be worth the extra trouble if that's the only way you'll be able to go about it. Obviously the external HDD option would be your best bet and they have some wonderful deals online and often in your local brick and mortar stores as well. I just got a Toshiba 3TB USB 3.0 capable external HDD for $89 USD(before taxes) at my local "big box" mart.

This is my first post here on these forums. I occasionally pop on to read up on things here and there but I'd like to thank you and everyone else involved in putting this torrent together. Sounds like you all got your work cut out for you! Anywho, take care all and if you've got some time on your hands make yourself a food buddy like my Ninja Potato! Nothing puts a smile on my face like food that might fight back!

byte9

Quote from: williedee on February 18, 2014, 11:12:11 AM
I have 1 last load of shows coming in from some people, after I get done integrating them I will finalize it and release. I'm for completion within the week. I'm excited too!

: crickets : The tension mounts. :)

Renton

I'm about to pop with excitement!  ;D ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: williedee on February 18, 2014, 11:12:11 AM

Williedee, any idea of about what percentage of Art's total shows that you have?

cweb

I've cleared 50 GB on my hard drive in anticipation!

zeebo