• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

73s

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2016, 04:29:25 AM
The broadcast schedule at UFOShip.com for this weekend:

Saturday:
Drunken Karaoke - 6PM-Midnight Eastern, 3PM-9PM Pacific.
We fire up a pirate FM transmitter in a basement, get drunk, sing karaoke, and stream it for your listening pleasure. 
UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.

Sunday:
Falkie2013 returns as a solo host of The GabCast.
Show starts at 8PM Eastern, 5PM Pacific.
UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.
Call the show at 623-242-CAST(2278).

I guess I assumed this was a gag post at first, but I guess it's legit?  Two gabcasts this weekend would be fun.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2016, 05:21:19 AM
haha, you remember that...
I remember, except for a couple of drunken squelchies, You were quite good.  I hope you sing it again tonight. ;D

PRAISE MV! ;)

Hautex

it's 5:30 pm central 6:30pm eastern... am I on the wrong site (UFOship.com)? Hearing nothing means y'all are so friggin drunk you passed out?

MV/Liberace!

Drunken Karaoke is now getting underway.  An hour late, but whatevs.

Listen here:

UFOShip.com/chat

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2016, 05:07:45 PM
Drunken Karaoke is now getting underway.  An hour late, but whatevs.

Listen here:

UFOShip.com/chat
Thanks man.

PRAISE mv! ;)

coaster

I'm drinking and blaring some Lynyrd Skynyrd myself. I love Saturdays.

Quote from: coaster on April 23, 2016, 05:29:04 PM
I'm drinking and blaring some Lynyrd Skynyrd myself. I love Saturdays.
Will you be calling into End of Days Radio?

coaster

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 23, 2016, 05:36:57 PM
Will you be calling into End of Days Radio?
haha nah. Tonight sounds like a good night to work on my fire pit. It's beautiful outside.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on April 23, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
haha nah. Tonight sounds like a good night to work on my fire pit. It's beautiful outside.

Post a pic when it's done, brother...

littlechris

Quote from: chefist on April 23, 2016, 05:43:10 PM
Post a pic when it's done, brother...

Yeah that would be awesome coaster!

coaster

Quote from: littlechris on April 23, 2016, 05:51:07 PM
Yeah that would be awesome coaster!
most certainly ill take pictures. its not a redneck thing. this is bricks inlaid, its sharp. concrete is dry i figure by now. this morning is the bricks. bought patio furniture too. not a lot, its wicker, but god damn. not too bad.
couple chairs. Eh, I deserve a couple nice things.
I bought something else too but I cant tell ya folks just yet. You'd make fun. Just saying, you can jump on it.

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on April 24, 2016, 04:53:00 AM
I bought something else too but I cant tell ya folks just yet. You'd make fun. Just saying, you can jump on it.

A fleshy Kathy mutant doll?

Kolchak

Quote from: jaz on April 24, 2016, 06:33:41 AM
A fleshy Kathy mutant doll?

If you lay it on its side it magically gets a black eye!

SredniVashtar

It would be interesting to see what Sweet Kathy looked like 30 years ago. Senda looked like your garden variety dumbass from those pics we have seen back when he was a sprightly young'un, but it beats me what SK must have looked like in her salad days. Not that she has ever gone near a salad, of course.

chefist

Question: Has George learned from past experience hosting podcasts and has he improved? Below is an exchange between user "imagine" and George after his first podcast where he took calls.

Quote from: imagine on January 28, 2014, 08:41:52 PM
Listened to the first podcast earlier and thought the man who called in and was on until the end was quite interesting as well as polite.  But you were very rude to him, Falkie, even swearing at him at one point.  You wouldn't let him talk and even told him you knew more about the topic than he.  One can only wonder since he wasn't allowed to say much as you took over his call and talked at length. But one thing, you won't have many callers if you keep telling them you know much more than they.  That was one of the reasons Art excelled he never belittled any guest or caller nor did he try to give the impression that he knew more than they did about any subject.  He was too professional.  He always gave his guests and callers time to say what they had to say and let the listeners draw their own conclusions.  While he listened.  It was one of the reasons most of us loved and appreciated Art's interviewing skills.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 29, 2014, 01:00:56 AM
First of all, its very difficult to talk when someone else keeps talking over you and he kept doing it and I finally got fed up. And despite what you or he might think, I do know a great deal about the technology of the time and am certain we, the Russians or the Germans were NOT using either UFO technology in aircraft nor had the metallurgical or other capability to build them on our own.
Just look at the FAILED programs that we had in the 1950s that spent millions trying to " duplicate " vertical takeoffs like the Avro car, the flying flapjack of the Navy and other failed aircraft. While we had operational jets as early as 1948 such as the Douglas F3D Skynight, it did not go into production until 1950. I could cite more examples but I just got back from the Apple Store where I found out that the people who train one to use the software on the computer are only there in the early daytime which is idiotic. I guess if ohe works 9-5 or 11-7 you're just out of luck. I only got half of what I needed to do and the guy who was working the Genius bar started to install Mavericks on my Mac without asking me and knew absolutely NOTHING about Imovie or Garage Band.

As for my losing my temper or stepping on what he was trying to say, I felt I gave him more than enough time to keep saying what he kept repeating over and over and he refused to listen to what * I * was saying. Furthermore Art has been doing radio most of his life and taking calls for years. I've taken exactly two calls. I will admit I don't suffer fools gladly. If you think this was bad you should have heard the battles I had in emails and over the phone with Douglas Dietrich over his ridiculous contention that the Japanese had atomic bombs on giant submarines and that's why we negotiated a peace that did not become official until 1950. He & I argued this point for about a month until I gave up because when I cited FACTS about which giant subs the Japanese had 5, but two of those were 90 and 95% completed at the end of the war and of the 3 remaining ships, they were not commissioned until 12/44, Jan 45 and July 45 & all were surrendered to US Naval forces at the end of the war and scuttled by US forces in 1947. 17 in the class were planned but they were cancelled under the orders of Admiral Yammamoto.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on April 24, 2016, 09:31:53 AM
Question: Has George learned from past experience hosting podcasts and has he improved?

Now as quizzes go this isn't going to push the neurons beyond their danger point.

I'm going to say no. Pwize?

Yorkshire pud

First of all, its very difficult to talk when someone else keeps talking over you and he kept doing it and I finally got fed up. And despite what you or he might think, I do know a great deal about the technology of the time and am certain we, the Russians or the Germans were NOT using either UFO technology in aircraft nor had the metallurgical or other capability to build them on our own.
Just look at the FAILED programs that we had in the 1950s that spent millions trying to " duplicate " vertical takeoffs like the Avro car, the flying flapjack of the Navy and other failed aircraft. While we had operational jets as early as 1948 such as the Douglas F3D Skynight, it did not go into production until 1950. I could cite more examples but I just got back from the Apple Store where I found out that the people who train one to use the software on the computer are only there in the early daytime which is idiotic. I guess if ohe works 9-5 or 11-7 you're just out of luck. I only got half of what I needed to do and the guy who was working the Genius bar started to install Mavericks on my Mac without asking me and knew absolutely NOTHING about Imovie or Garage Band.

As for my losing my temper or stepping on what he was trying to say, I felt I gave him more than enough time to keep saying what he kept repeating over and over and he refused to listen to what * I * was saying. Furthermore Art has been doing radio most of his life and taking calls for years. I've taken exactly two calls. I will admit I don't suffer fools gladly. If you think this was bad you should have heard the battles I had in emails and over the phone with Douglas Dietrich over his ridiculous contention that the Japanese had atomic bombs on giant submarines and that's why we negotiated a peace that did not become official until 1950. He & I argued this point for about a month until I gave up because when I cited FACTS about which giant subs the Japanese had 5, but two of those were 90 and 95% completed at the end of the war and of the 3 remaining ships, they were not commissioned until 12/44, Jan 45 and July 45 & all were surrendered to US Naval forces at the end of the war and scuttled by US forces in 1947. 17 in the class were planned but they were cancelled under the orders of Admiral Yammamoto.

The above has to be PhD thesis.

ONeill

Quote from: chefist on April 24, 2016, 09:31:53 AM
Question: Has George learned from past experience hosting podcasts and has he improved? Below is an exchange between user "imagine" and George after his first podcast where he took calls.

Quote from: imagine on January 28, 2014, 08:41:52 PM
Listened to the first podcast earlier and thought the man who called in and was on until the end was quite interesting as well as polite.  But you were very rude to him, Falkie, even swearing at him at one point.  You wouldn't let him talk and even told him you knew more about the topic than he.  One can only wonder since he wasn't allowed to say much as you took over his call and talked at length. But one thing, you won't have many callers if you keep telling them you know much more than they.  That was one of the reasons Art excelled he never belittled any guest or caller nor did he try to give the impression that he knew more than they did about any subject.  He was too professional.  He always gave his guests and callers time to say what they had to say and let the listeners draw their own conclusions.  While he listened.  It was one of the reasons most of us loved and appreciated Art's interviewing skills.

It was all scripted. This "podcast" was truly hilarious. He first took a call from a "listener" despite not being live and not providing a number to call. Then he was going with the scripted exchange but started yelling at the "caller", it was something like "I HAVE MORE PARANORMAL BOOKS THAN YOU". Then he came back to reading the script starting a few lines before the outburst and repeating himself, pure hilarity. Close to the end of the "podcast" Senda unleashed the father of all farts and of course posted all of that unedited. This shit was so fucking bad that he actually removed it. How often does that happen?

Auslandia

Christ is it really happening right now?

littlechris

Quote from: ONeill on April 24, 2016, 02:08:20 PM
It was all scripted. This "podcast" was truly hilarious. He first took a call from a "listener" despite not being live and not providing a number to call. Then he was going with the scripted exchange but started yelling at the "caller", it was something like "I HAVE MORE PARANORMAL BOOKS THAN YOU". Then he came back to reading the script starting a few lines before the outburst and repeating himself, pure hilarity. Close to the end of the "podcast" Senda unleashed the father of all farts and of course posted all of that unedited. This shit was so fucking bad that he actually removed it. How often does that happen?

Is there a copy of this somewhere??

It was fricken hillarious when he SCREAMED at the caller!!!

Gruntled

So tonight Falkie is hosting a GabCast @8pm?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gruntled on April 24, 2016, 05:25:15 PM

correct.  8PM east, 5PM west.
listen live:  ufoship.com/chat
call the show:   623-242-CAST(2278)

Quote from: Gruntled on April 24, 2016, 05:25:15 PM
Yes. Falkie is the gift that keeps on giving.

MR. Spock

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 24, 2016, 05:27:42 PM
Yes. Falkie is the gift that keeps on giving.
Falkie is the herpie monster too??