• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: Liberace! on January 02, 2020, 10:34:00 PM
If anyone wants to co-host tomorrow or Saturday night, let me know.

What about someone you don't like???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 04, 2020, 06:20:02 AM
What about someone you don't like???

Anyone who wants to co-host can co-host.

whoozit

I think anyone that nominates someone else should be forced to host.  Do you hear me Frazier and his girlfriend?   :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on January 04, 2020, 02:32:39 PM
I think anyone that nominates someone else should be forced to host.  Do you hear me Frazier and his girlfriend?   :P

Communists always want to force people to do things. Give freedom a try. ;)

whoozit

Just out of curiosity when have I ever said anything remotely communist like?   I’ve always been interested to know why you play that game with me.  I seem to recall it starting when I agreed with you in a humorous manner and it went over your head.  ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on January 04, 2020, 03:02:52 PM
Just out of curiosity when have I ever said anything remotely communist like?   I’ve always been interested to know why you play that game with me.  I seem to recall it starting when I agreed with you in a humorous manner and it went over your head.   ::) ???

Lighten up, Francis! You’d think a guy with a Calvin & Hobbes avi would have a sense of humor. Your post was just an opportunity for me to make a joke while still pointing out that communists really are domineering thugs who have to force people into doing what they want because their ideas are so bad that people wouldn’t follow them otherwise.  ;)

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 04, 2020, 03:07:16 PM
Lighten up, Francis! You’d think a guy with a Calvin & Hobbes avi would have a sense of humor. Your post was just an opportunity for me to make a joke while still pointing out that communists really are domineering thugs who have to force people into doing what they want because their ideas are so bad that people wouldn’t follow them otherwise.  ;)
Well,  I stand corrected. :P. May I have another?

WOTR

Jackstar

I feel like calling in. I've no wish to host. I'm too exultant.

WOTR

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on January 04, 2020, 08:50:11 PM
Hey gang is there a Gab Cast tonight?
I don't think that there were any volunteer co-hosts... Which is too bad.

WOTR

Another weekend without a gabcast. Brought to you by Liberace Wade...  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on January 11, 2020, 12:54:54 AM

Ouch!

AZZERAE

Quote from: WOTR on January 11, 2020, 12:54:54 AM

Co-host then, motherfucker.

WOTR

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 11, 2020, 01:53:16 AM
Co-host then, motherfucker.
Nope. I would rather sit in my parents basement eating rats and taking cheap pot shots at Liberace.

To be honest, I don't have the voice for radio- I don't do well with "small talk" for extended periods of time, and I hate phones. These are not attractive attributes in a co-host.

I have a lot of respect for MV hosting (and even those who cohost.). The times I phoned in, I could tell he has something special. One of the wonderful hallmarks of who I am is a fairly extreme dislike of phone calls. I do fine in business teleconferences because I know what is needed, what is expected, when to talk, and I know what to say. I have no problem talking with suppliers. Sometimes a bit of small talk followed by business. I also can talk comfortably with one good friend with Aspergers because none of the normal social shit matters.

But MV did actually manage to very quickly put me quite "at ease." I'm trying not to get my head stuck too far up his ass- but I was actually impressed. That is a talent.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on January 11, 2020, 10:54:34 PM
Nope. I would rather sit in my parents basement eating rats and taking cheap pot shots at Liberace.

To be honest, I don't have the voice for radio- I don't do well with "small talk" for extended periods of time, and I hate phones. These are not attractive attributes in a co-host.

I have a lot of respect for MV hosting (and even those who cohost.). The times I phoned in, I could tell he has something special. One of the wonderful hallmarks of who I am is a fairly extreme dislike of phone calls. I do fine in business teleconferences because I know what is needed, what is expected, when to talk, and I know what to say. I have no problem talking with suppliers. Sometimes a bit of small talk followed by business. I also can talk comfortably with one good friend with Aspergers because none of the normal social shit matters.

But MV did actually manage to very quickly put me quite "at ease." I'm trying not to get my head stuck too far up his ass- but I was actually impressed. That is a talent.

Maybe MV will get to read this fabulous post!

-Lee

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on January 11, 2020, 11:02:54 PM
Maybe MV will get to read this fabulous post!

-Lee
Hey, Lee, don't forget to pass on rratsmounting001's "thanks" to MV from December 20th.

AZZERAE

Quote from: WOTR on January 11, 2020, 10:54:34 PM
I...can talk comfortably with one good friend with Aspergers because none of the normal social shit matters.

An Aspie once spoke to me in a disrespectful tone. And I broke a beer bottle on his head. I call it "broken glass against the head game."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 14, 2020, 02:41:22 PM
An Aspie once spoke to me in a disrespectful tone. And I broke a beer bottle on his head. I call it "broken glass against the head game."

WOTR

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 14, 2020, 02:41:22 PM

Armature...

I was bouncing in a bar when a guy who owed a fairly major (drug) dealer walked in. One of the dealers friends smashed a bottle on the table and proceeded to gouge the guys eye out until we hauled him off. As I recall, he only got the one eye- but it was a bloody mess, and I really don't recall for certain. (But I could be wrong.)

"broken glass" is better used in more destructive ways than over the head.

WOTR

Quote from: AZZERAE on January 16, 2020, 12:22:10 PM
Not you too.

But it's true- I could be wrong. I think that I recall that he only had one eye gouged out. Perhaps only one was badly gouged and the other only slightly damaged? It seems unlikely that an attacker could restrict the injury to only one eye as they were rolling around in "the mud, and the blood, and the beer" even if he wanted to.

Adrenaline was fairly high. When you are pulling somebody off who is not just hitting a patron, but has a weapon it gets the blood pumping. I'm positive that even after he was restrained I was paying far more attention to the attacker than I was the guy who was bleeding. The injured guy was taken to an office almost immediately- and I never saw him again- and I never heard anything of the aftermath. Was it only one eye- was it both? was his face gashed open as well? Was it just a fellow doorman who told me that it was only one eye? Why do I seem to recall that the attacker was a "friend" of the guy owed money and not the actual person who was owed?

It also makes you wonder what the attacker was thinking. The guy owed money- great. Why not wait and follow him out- why not do your thing where you are not on camera with a hundred witnesses. Yes- you could argue it was a "lesson" to those who owed. But when you are on camera- you are going to jail.

Much of that night still does not make sense. And that really is only one of the stores that I occasionally think about from my time up there...

AZZERAE

I prefer beating people to death on camera.