• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131014 - Loyd Auerbach - Parasychology

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 14, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

ziznak

I'm gonna be hitting the replay yet again!!  I'm giving up on listening live anywhere but here in my apt.

The General

Quote from: ziznak on October 15, 2013, 09:56:39 AM
I'm gonna be hitting the replay yet again!!  I'm giving up on listening live anywhere but here in my apt.
Hey, me too!
I've listened to every new show at least twice.
I have a problem.

juanelo

I listen to the show last night and I have to say that as of right now this as been the best show so far.

Cynnie

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 15, 2013, 12:11:32 AM
Safeway has periodic sales of Lloyd's bbq or Tony Roma's for either $ 5 or $ 9 depending on size but so far we've found no better ribs than Emil Villas in Livermore.
We go there every other month when we're not going to the Hof Brau there, particularly for their oatmeal raisin cookies which are particularly yummy.

http://www.citycheers.com/templates/one/index.php?vid=2454

http://harryshofbrau.com

Dont eat that shit !

Bad  processed food is the devil .
Except cookies

God smiles on cookies

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: casioson on October 14, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
there are people who live in my complex who sell dope... we have had people shoot guns at are house.... Dope is for dopes... I hate the crap... people get killed over it all the time... Gloss it over and make all the excuses you want... that stuffs a bad scene....

you have a remarkably simplistic take on this issue. 

if marijuana were legal and regulated like alcohol, the black market would dry up and there would be no reason to sell it out of a home.  there would be no further criminal activity related to marijuana sales or use.  children would have a more difficult time acquiring it.  over 2000 illnesses which benefit from marijuana use would be better treated, and numerous expensive, poisonous pharmaceuticals could be set aside.  the ten billion dollars spent annually by the federal government on marijuana enforcement could be spent elsewhere or saved.  50,000 federal prisoners could be allowed to resume their lives.  it would be a win for personal freedom.  countless tax dollars could be collected.  etc. etc., blah blah...

the benefits of ending marijuana prohibition are endless.  your position on the subject makes me want to harm small animals.

MV/Liberace!

and stop posting your surveillance camera videos.  that stuff's a bad scene.

Juan

Quote from: MV on October 15, 2013, 12:43:54 PM
there would be no reason to sell it out of a home. 
Except maybe for the guy down the street who grows some killer weed in the swamp behind his back yard

ziznak

Casioson... just curious... did you maybe have some drug issues in your past? 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zoxo on October 14, 2013, 10:33:43 PM
I'm up in Canada, and went to order something from Crane... they were going to charge me $59 in shipping! For something that was going to cost $99. Sucked, cause I really wanted the item!

man.  that really sucks.  they need to figure out how to ship to canada at a reasonable price, as long as they're going to advertise on art's show which is heard in the usa and... canada.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on October 14, 2013, 11:20:23 PM
I can always just be a dead beat dad and leave her at daycare. ;)

you mean you're not supposed to do that?

Quote from: Spinner on October 15, 2013, 12:31:39 AM

I don't know.
But I think that if BellGabbers keep getting on the air and saying 51s, a lot of people are just going to start saying that to Art without really knowing what it means.
It will be just the thing to do.  8)

Its because Rush listeners say "Dittos" or "Mega Dittos"

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on October 15, 2013, 12:47:48 PM
and stop posting your surveillance camera videos.  that stuff's a bad scene.

Affirmative.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 15, 2013, 12:52:43 PM
Except maybe for the guy down the street who grows some killer weed in the swamp behind his back yard

which also should be legal.

WildCard

I didn't want to derail the thread during last nights program and I LOVE weed. But the recent comments by Graham Hancock are making me reconsider.

"It hit me with the force of a revelation. I could never smoke cannabis again or I would be doomed. I had become a complete slave to my abusive, seductive relationship with the herb, it had exacerbated the worst aspects of my personality, and my only hope was to give it up completely."
http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php

Quote from: The General on October 14, 2013, 09:12:13 PM
A nice little conscience suppressant.

It probably set me back 10 years.
Would you, and/or anyone else expand on that?

Heather Wade

Figure out what you need for you.  I quit a while back ('cause everyone's all like "Weed is bad, mmm'kay?"), and all the 199 symptoms that had been sleeping peacefully under mj's influence woke up raging.  It was not pretty.  The details would overwhelm you, so I will just say the most important one:  I could not eat food.  Quickly lost 10 lbs that I really did not have to lose.

So, I did the business, and got my herbs back after 26 days without.

Sudden interest in food, I could sleep, and I could be calm while dealing with this insane society.  Even my cat was happy I was back to the mj.  But, that's only me.  I have ptsd big time, and all the bells & whistles that go with it.  I cannot speak for others, but for me, if I don't have it, I can't keep food down due to intestinal issues stemming from a lifetime of partial starvation (mere poverty, dude, don't feel sorry for me, everyone has a story, this is mine).  I need to eat, or I could end up in another O.R., which I don't think I can survive again. 

Look at your life, why you do it; hell, quit for a while, and see what happens.  The reasons for or against will become very clear to you, and that's the only person you need to answer to: yourself.  Don't worry about what Graham Hancock or anyone else is doing.  Graham Hancock's body is not your body.  Determine your own needs, and provide for them.

Forgive me for all the tmi, but I am passionate about this issue.  Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide.

Quote from: MV on October 15, 2013, 01:35:08 PM
which also should be legal.

A-men. If it was legal, I'd have a garden full of weed topiaries, just to keep it nice for the neighbors.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Redacted on October 15, 2013, 02:27:49 PM
Figure out what you need for you.  I quit a while back ('cause everyone's all like "Weed is bad, mmm'kay?"), and all the 199 symptoms that had been sleeping peacefully under mj's influence woke up raging.  It was not pretty.  The details would overwhelm you, so I will just say the most important one:  I could not eat food.  Quickly lost 10 lbs that I really did not have to lose.

So, I did the business, and got my herbs back after 26 days without.

Sudden interest in food, I could sleep, and I could be calm while dealing with this insane society.  Even my cat was happy I was back to the mj.  But, that's only me.  I have ptsd big time, and all the bells & whistles that go with it.  I cannot speak for others, but for me, if I don't have it, I can't keep food down due to intestinal issues stemming from a lifetime of partial starvation (mere poverty, dude, don't feel sorry for me, everyone has a story, this is mine).  I need to eat, or I could end up in another O.R., which I don't think I can survive again. 

Look at your life, why you do it; hell, quit for a while, and see what happens.  The reasons for or against will become very clear to you, and that's the only person you need to answer to: yourself.  Don't worry about what Graham Hancock or anyone else is doing.  Graham Hancock's body is not your body.  Determine your own needs, and provide for them.

Forgive me for all the tmi, but I am passionate about this issue.  Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide.

I could go on a rant about how prescription medications have no taboo, yet cause 100's of more side effects (some the FDA AKA Big Pharma, does NOT even mention for obvious reasons) than cannabis and how I have seen the positive effects and change in loved ones (both short term AND long term) who have currently replaced prescription medications with cannabis but I need not do so as it has already been said so eloquently here. I am just thankful I live in a state where it is legal and medically accepted.

The General

Quote from: WildCard on October 15, 2013, 02:02:50 PM
Would you, and/or anyone else expand on that?
This is only my personal experience, and only my opinions formed through my experience.  I won't make a moral judgement on anyone's recreational substance use or abuse, but for ME, here's how it went down...

I started smoking pot when I was about 16 or so.  I smoked more and more as time went by.  By my early 20's  I was also selling it.  By the time I realized that I could not function without being high, I was smoking over an ounce a week.  Might not sound like much, but it was something like 5 or 6 joints a day.  I wasn't a social smoker, this was all smoked alone for the most part.  For years.  By my mid 20's I found myself to have a chronic cough and no energy, and was severely depressed.  A chest x ray revealed that my lungs were only inflating half way (my doctor called it something, I can't remember what.)  Now, I will admit that I was also smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes, however, have a filter, and you don't hold the smoke in when you take a drag like you do with pot.  I know pot damaged my lungs.  Inhaling the hot, unfiltered smoke of any kind is carcinogenic.  People who tell you that pot smoke is harmless don't know what the hell they're talking about.  It's toxic.  Anyway...

At some point, pot started to affect me differently.  It made me paranoid, gave me vertigo, and really started to mess with my mind.  I couldn't get back to normal.  Without it I was a mess.  With it I was a mess.  It had damaged my health, and also now had damaged my mind.  So, I decided to quit.  Problem was this... without it I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't function, couldn't socially interact with people, couldn't work, etc.  I was an addict.  People who tell you that pot is not addictive also don't know what the hell they are talking about.  It was hell, I really felt naked every where I went.   The worst was trying to perform (I'm a musician) sober.  I couldn't remember the parts of the songs, couldn't remember the words, I was PAINFULLY aware of the audience, I couldn't get into my comfort zone.  It really screwed me up.  It slowly got better.  I slowly got healthier.  I learned to live without what had been for me, a crutch.  A self imposed crutch.

Unfortunately, the entire time I'd been smoking pot and dicking around, everybody else my age had moved forward with their lives and gone off to college, started careers, families, etc.  I had done little more than float through life in a haze and avoid people.  So, not only did pot affect my mental and physical health, it had also negatively impacted my development.  I was an honor student up until I started smoking pot.  After pot, I barely graduated.  I moved on with my life and I tell all my friends that they don't know how harmful pot is.  The worst and most devious part about it is how innocuous it seems.  Safe as milk, as they say.  Well, it fucked me up for real.  I really do think it set me back ten years. 

I'm almost 40 now, and life is grand, so I've been fine for a long time, but I really really do not advise anyone to smoke pot.  It's like volunteering to be retarded.  It's a hindrance.  Your mind is a finely tuned instrument, like a Stradivarius.  Don't turn it into a banjo with pot.  Don't mess up your lungs with toxic smoke.  Don't mess up your development with a crutch.

That's my story, do what you will with it.  Pick it apart if you want, tell me how I'm wrong, but I lived it.

ziznak

I gotta say it's a personal choice that every one should have the freedom to make.  Just like anything else too much will have negative effects and just like anything else "too much" will change from person to person.  For me I find that indulging maybe once or twice a week has nothing but a positive impact on many aspects of my life.  I've also found from past experience that daily use all day will have a negative impact on many aspects of my life.

Gotta go with Buddha and take that middle road. 

Pot is a hundred times less dangerous than any of the GMO big pharma stuff that we consume daily.

Heather Wade

Damn, General, an oz a week is alot.  An 8th lasts me a month.   :o

You show so much strength & wisdom through your story.  Thanks for typing it, and it is true, there is addiction potential that most are in denial of.  Especially some dispensaries I've been to, the first thing they want to say is it's not addictive.  I call bs on that, but it is safer than the morphine, prozac, and kolonopin cocktail they had me on before.  Safer, but I am still on a substance, I know.   :-[

Cynnie

Quote from: ziznak on October 15, 2013, 04:12:03 PM
I gotta say it's a personal choice that every one should have the freedom to make.  Just like anything else too much will have negative effects and just like anything else "too much" will change from person to person.  For me I find that indulging maybe once or twice a week has nothing but a positive impact on many aspects of my life.  I've also found from past experience that daily use all day will have a negative impact on many aspects of my life.

Gotta go with Buddha and take that middle road. 

Pot is a hundred times less dangerous than any of the GMO big pharma stuff that we consume daily.

I dont do drugs, but hell ..whoever wants to do whatever go ahead..just stay off the highway .

My son has seisures and the drug that helps the most cost 400 a month . And insurance doesnt cover it .

Now that is a crime.

onan

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 04:36:50 PM

I dont do drugs, but hell ..whoever wants to do whatever go ahead..just stay off the highway .

My son has seisures and the drug that helps the most cost 400 a month . And insurance doesnt cover it .

Now that is a crime.

what medication is he prescribed?

ziznak

Yeah General that was a very good example of the negative possibilities. 

I heard Graham Hancock's account of his issues with mental MJ addiction on Rogans podcast and he gives a very well illustrated account as well. 

I dunno anytime I've ever found myself smoking too much in the past it seems like I'm able to sense it and then take a break.

bateman

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 04:42:32 PM
Lamotrigine is the generic ..

That stuff is supposed to be a miracle worker for bipolar disorder too.

Cynnie

Quote from: bateman on October 15, 2013, 04:43:29 PM
That stuff is supposed to be a miracle worker for bipolar disorder too.

I heard that too ..generic is the 400 buck meds..the real deal would make me hafta take out a loan

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 04:46:00 PM
I heard that too ..generic is the 400 buck meds..the real deal would make me hafta take out a loan

That is a crime.

bateman

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 04:46:00 PM

400 a MONTH?

onan

Yeah lamictal has a pretty good record for bipolar disorder. Some Dr's are starting to use it for depression... stay away from that... studies say ineffective.

Have you asked the parmacist about assistance programs? Many times there are programs to help with costs, trouble is can take more than 6 weeks to get an answer. Also never forget to ask for samples. Don't mean to tell you what you probably already know.

I never see the GlaxoSmithKline rep. But will do some poking tomorrow.