• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131014 - Loyd Auerbach - Parasychology

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 14, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

Spinner

This was a very good show.
I hope that Loyd Auerbach gets to come back.

The General

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 15, 2013, 12:04:19 AM
I don't THINK.
I KNOW we got Art back on the air.

I truly believe that this site, along with other things like Art's facebook experience, gave Art the confirmation that he needed that his audience was still waiting patiently.

Jackstar

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 14, 2013, 11:58:25 PM
I was making a joke, smarty pants.
I am sorry, I did not notice. I thought jokes were supposed to be... funny.

QuoteNever heard of Lloyd's barbecue?
Actually, no. It looks vile.

Quotehttp://www.lloydsbbq.com/
CORPORATE SHILL

Jackstar

Quote from: The General on October 15, 2013, 12:06:41 AM
I truly believe that this site, along with other things like Art's facebook experience, gave Art the confirmation that he needed that his audience was still waiting patiently.
I truly believe that the only thing keeping him off the air was the non-compete. He was already on the air before he had an audience.

Jackstar

Quote from: Spinner on October 15, 2013, 12:05:54 AM
I hope that Loyd Auerbach gets to come back.
I liked him! Was he even selling his own chocolate?

The General

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2013, 12:08:58 AM
I truly believe that the only thing keeping him off the air was the non-compete. He was already on the air before he had an audience.
Right.  But once that was up...

Falkie2013

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 14, 2013, 11:58:25 PM
I was making a joke, smarty pants. Never heard of Lloyd's barbecue?

http://www.lloydsbbq.com/

Safeway has periodic sales of Lloyd's bbq or Tony Roma's for either $ 5 or $ 9 depending on size but so far we've found no better ribs than Emil Villas in Livermore.
We go there every other month when we're not going to the Hof Brau there, particularly for their oatmeal raisin cookies which are particularly yummy.

http://www.citycheers.com/templates/one/index.php?vid=2454

http://harryshofbrau.com

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2013, 12:07:58 AM
I am sorry, I did not notice. I thought jokes were supposed to be... funny.
Actually, no. It looks vile.
CORPORATE SHILL

Well if you've never heard of it, then it wouldn't be funny BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET IT YOU STUPID DICK.

Oh I know, I know... "Get used to it"

Falkie2013

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2013, 09:15:28 PM
Legalize Cannabis, you can tax it sell it makes tons of money.

Also you make money from the amounts of DUI's for Cannabis as well.

You know they would establish a legal limit.

Just don't drive when your stoned or drunk...period.

Speaking of bans, here's an idiotic law being proposed in Denver.
How are they going to enforce this one ?
The smoke wafts out of your window and goes into the air and you're busted for the pot odor ?
WTF ?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/14/denver-proposal-would-make-pot-smell-illegal-in-public/?intcmp=latestnews

Falkie2013

Quote from: Redacted on October 14, 2013, 11:17:26 PM
Makes me cringe a little when they say mega.

Moebius strip Roswells ?

The sound keeps going in and out on the broadcast with a lot of popping noises.

phrodo

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 15, 2013, 12:22:39 AM
Why is everyone saying "mega"

That's what dittoheads say when they call Rush. That's why I suggested we say Infinite Roswells to Art. - to separate us from the dittoheads and besides infinite is way more than mega.

Spinner

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 15, 2013, 12:22:39 AM
Why is everyone saying "mega"
I don't know.
But I think that if BellGabbers keep getting on the air and saying 51s, a lot of people are just going to start saying that to Art without really knowing what it means.
It will be just the thing to do.  8)

Spinner

Quote from: phrodo on October 15, 2013, 12:30:50 AM
That's why I suggested we say Infinite Roswells to Art. - to separate us from the dittoheads and besides infinite is way more than mega.
That may seem like a good idea, BUT we wouldn't want to give the impression that we're from *another* fan forum.

Quote from: phrodo on October 15, 2013, 12:30:50 AM
That's why I suggested we say Infinite Roswells to Art. - to separate us from the dittoheads and besides infinite is way more than mega.

Yeah but then eventually everyone will wind up saying "infinite roswells" anyway. Just throw in a reference to bellgab when you get on and the ambiguity is instantly gone ;)

b_dubb

Quote from: Nighthawk on October 14, 2013, 10:57:59 PM
I am a smoker. But I bought a disposable E cig yesterday just to try only because Art smokes them. He should have a E cig sponsorship. I got one that resembles Arts favorite flavor.
You bought a steak flavored electronic cigarette?

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 15, 2013, 12:41:59 AM
Yeah but then eventually everyone will wind up saying "infinite roswells" anyway. Just throw in a reference to bellgab when you get on and the ambiguity is instantly gone ;)

I tend to agree with this. Later everybody!

jazmunda

Quote from: Chine on October 14, 2013, 11:42:28 PM
That was nerve wracking. Reign it in, Robin! Heh. It was hard after '51's Bellgab to keep concise. That was fun, though.

Just heard your call Robin. You were great despite the warning to reign it in. :)

In either late 96 or early 97 I made out with a girl who played a Vulcan in the Star Trek Experience. Was that you? I was the handsome Aussie. ;)

Falkie2013

Just who warned you to reign it in ?

I decided to listen to Snoory while doing dishes and making dinner and gave up when his guest ( who claims the Chinese were going to the New World before Columbus and had colonies pre-1492 ) said that Atlantis was on Minoa and that they had computers and could use them to calculate longitude and latitude.
Programming for the truly gullible ?

As an aside, I mailed the letter to my broker so hopefully by next week, I'll have my check and can pay Area51drone. I am going to keep money aside just in case the Congress doesn't pass a spending bill and no one gets any money on 11/1.
Then I guess we'd see if someone else would will some harm to Congress as Art alluded to.
Hmm, maybe we could just have the whole damned place disappear and come back Congressmen and Senator free.
I don't know if we'd want the staff to disappear as well since their activities allow Congressional types to spawn and create new useless Congressmen on both sides of the aisle.
Hmm, are Congressmen and Senators the ultimate entitlement recipients ?
By the by, if anyone knows a remote viewer, could you have them try to find the temple for my broken glasses ? It went somewhere and I'm looking at stuff at a 45 degree angle. I feel like I'm the deck of the Titanic all the time. - I found a site that gives you free glasses and was amused at the site name, Coastal.com.
;D

Morgus

I just heard the call in the last half hour of the show from Robin who gave Art "51's from bellgab" :)
She mentioned she was a Vulcan in Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas several years ago, and Art responded with "WOW"

Morgus

Quote from: Spinner on October 15, 2013, 12:31:39 AM
But I think that if BellGabbers keep getting on the air and saying 51s, a lot of people are just going to start saying that to Art without really knowing what it means.
It will be just the thing to do.  8)
yep, Art recognizes "51's" means a bellgabber calling in.
51's sounds more appropriate than "Roswells" anyway since Art lives near Area 51, not near Roswell.
Art's twitter handle even is ArtBell51...

Falkie2013

Art Bell helped popularize and make the crash at Roswell even more well known than it was, thus " Roswell ".

I liked last nights guest very much and know the chocolatier he talked about but he kept talking about premium chocolate and it drove me crazy.
Its not like you can go out and get premium chocolate in the middle of the evening, unless you're lucky enough to have a Godiva or Ethel M store nearby.
Now I'm gonna be craving even a mere Milky Way bar for the rest of the morning !
Curse you Lloyd !
Grrrrrr !!!
>:(

steelbot

Quote from: WastingMyPotential on October 14, 2013, 11:34:28 PM
I tuned out of that show after my b.s. meter was pegged to Hogue self-promotion.  I think I actually tuned out when he directed someone to his website at www.whatever.com. It drives me nuts when guests take every opportunity to promote their snake oil. If a guest is legitimately interesting they do not need to promote their nonsense, when will the insecure learn. Interested to read his rant though, sounds like the key to get me to sleep after the show.   
Well that's Arts form of self promotion...He'll give you that, "hey look, is there anything else you didn't get in or a website really quick here before we open the lines up...." sorta way of doing things...I'm perfectly fine with it as long as it's not every 2 minutes they feel the need, wait till the phone lines are being opened and then go.

steelbot

and sorry folks I drifted off there the last hour - sounds like we had more bellgabers get on - Kudos!

Cynnie

I fell asleep before the show really got started :( i didnt take my art bell is on tonight warm up nap :(

steelbot

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 06:41:52 AM
I fell asleep before the show really got started :( i didnt take my art bell is on tonight warm up nap :(
Well it was a pretty decent show from what I heard - and we got some callers on...again  :P

Falkie2013

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 06:46:53 AM
Well it was a pretty decent show from what I heard - and we got some callers on...again  :P

Speaking of pk ...

Art kept mentioning frogs and the guest was talking about pk.

Well, is a turtle close enough ?

ThE MaN WiTH tHe POWER

;)

Wintermute

Solid show.

Kind of odd though that a guy @ at University would not publish actual evidence of TK. He'd be the talk of the town. So obviously that throws up a couple red flags.

nomobjustice

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 15, 2013, 12:04:19 AM
I don't THINK.
I KNOW we got Art back on the air.
Our collective will made it happen

Yes, truly this was a Triumph of the Will..........the good kind