• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dallas Thompson

Started by trsix, October 11, 2013, 10:14:03 PM

trsix

A 9 year old called in asking art about a past guest dallas thompson last night.
art can't remember the name. he did a full show with dallas. Was a great show, how could art forget it?
http://archive.coasttocoastam.com/guests/88.html

It was a single show that happened eleven years ago, with several hundred shows preceding and coming after it. 

Foodlion

I sometimes forget what I ate for breakfast.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Foodlion on October 11, 2013, 11:08:07 PM
I sometimes forget what I ate for breakfast.

i think i heard a tiny drop of spit fly from art's mouth as he was speaking.  art's losing it, people.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2013, 11:11:48 PM
i think i heard a tiny drop of spit fly from art's mouth as he was speaking.  art's losing it, people.

He's winding down, folks. He's winding down.

The General

Do you remember every 3 hour conversation you had in the 90's?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 12, 2013, 12:09:46 AM

Sadly, yes. The ones debating Vanilla Ice vs MC Hammer seem silly now. Especially since they were in 1998.

onan

Quote from: The General on October 12, 2013, 12:09:46 AM

I don't remember each conversation, I only remember I was right in every one of them.

Morgus

When I heard the Dallas Thompson mention, I immediately recalled "The Hollow Earth" theory.

Art came back after the next caller, or was it after the break (heh, I don't remember) and said he remembered the show, just not the part about the helicopter. 

Or the guests name right off - big deal.

ItsOver

ziznak

I think dallas thompson was kinda forgettable BUT... I knew the name when I heard it and was pretty confused when Art didn't

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 12, 2013, 12:15:25 AM
        Sadly, yes. The ones debating Vanilla Ice vs MC Hammer seem silly now. Especially since they were in 1998.

Who'd you pick?

Spinner

Quote from: ziznak on October 12, 2013, 09:55:28 AM
... I knew the name when I heard it and was pretty confused when Art didn't
That was my initial reaction, but then I realized that many of us remember many of Art's past guests because we have discussed them over the years, and we have listened to the old shows probably more than twice. If I'm not mistaken, Art only talked to Dallas once, and that was 11 years ago.

I'm sure that there are many guests and many shows that we don't remember at all. In my case, it's probably because I don't have that particular show in my collection. In fact, there are two shows that I would love to hear again because I remember some interesting comments made by the guests. Unfortunately, however, I don't remember the names of the guests, or exactly when the shows aired.

Art is certainly not losing it. He's just as good and, in some ways, even better than before. And I'm thrilled to be able to hear him LIVE again.

b_dubb

Art Bell used to be my insurance agent. Or dentist. No wait he's ...

albrecht

I was also surprised that Art didn't remember Dallas Thompson. An epic show and very interesting. But, he has had many such shows. But a month ago when folks on site said "what guests should AB have on": I said "Dallas Thompson" as #1, in addition to Mel, Ghostwolf (was he that indian who "levitated" on air (of course on radio so a real amazing feat!!) etc.  Aside from Father Malachi (RIP) he was one of the best guests. But I also think he should do some "normal" (not really though) guests like he did with Willie, Merle Haggard, George Carlin, etc.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: trsix on October 11, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
A 9 year old called in asking art about a past guest dallas thompson last night.
art can't remember the name. he did a full show with dallas. Was a great show, how could art forget it?
http://archive.coasttocoastam.com/guests/88.html

Why would he remember it?  What may be memorable to you may not be for him.  Art has been returning to "tried and true" guests he had in the past, in some way trying to appease long-time fans.  Lest we not forget that what made Art's show so engaging in the past was his ability to find NEW guests who, mixed with Art's talent as an interviewer, kept us on the edge of our seats.  Dragging corpses out of the closet and propping them up for another interview is nostalgic for a while, but Art's future with Dark Matter will be largely built by great, new guests.

albrecht

True. We do need new guests. And a new decades of great shows for the next generation to reminiscence and even b*tch about! But as as famous coach once said, "you gotta dance with the one that brung ya." So it is important for him to keep the traditions going....and start new ones.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on October 12, 2013, 06:38:36 PM
Are people calling Jorch Dave now?  What's that all about?  ;)

I thought we were combining the two and going with Dorch.

Seriously though does anybody have a date for that show. I would love to see if I have it in my collection?

jazmunda

Quote from: Spinner on October 13, 2013, 01:41:21 PM
:
October 4, 2002

Great. Thank you. I have it and it is labelled Hollow Earth. Silly me.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2013, 06:48:13 PM
I was also surprised that Art didn't remember Dallas Thompson. An epic show and very interesting. But, he has had many such shows. But a month ago when folks on site said "what guests should AB have on": I said "Dallas Thompson" as #1, in addition to Mel, Ghostwolf (was he that indian who "levitated" on air (of course on radio so a real amazing feat!!) etc. 
I forget if the episode that I heard with Ghostwolf was one that I laughed myself silly listening to or that I tuned off in frustration at the stupidity (funny how the line between the two can be so thin.)  I recall that "if you bounce on a trampoline" you will eventually start to levitate and that good 'ol Ghostwolf could levitate down the highway and pretend that he was driving an invisible car.  These claims are bound to elicit one of the two responses from me that I described- but I forget which it was...

I would like to hear Dallas Thompson again... I still recall the interview.

BattyBrooke

I was recently listening to an old Coast to Coast show wherein Art's guest, Dallas Thompson, was discussing in depth how and why he would be traveling to the center of the earth. He was even supposedly being funded by some high tech company (can't remember the name...it was something "tek"), along with other "investors" to do so. This was to take place in May 2003, a few months after the show originally aired. I can't find anything on this guy, other than that he simply disappeared from the web. So, I ask you Art Bell show connoisseurs, what ever happened to Dallas Thompson?