• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I need some financial help from anyone to get a radio. Explanation in post.

Started by Falkie2013, October 11, 2013, 05:54:52 AM

Falkie2013

I need some help from any Bellgabber who can help.

There's no BART strike today so I can get to San Francisco to get the paperwork I need to send to TD Ameritrade to sell my $1100 worth of Nordstrom stock in an old long dormant account.

But even if there isn't a strike, while TD Ameritrade says they'll send me a check within 2 days of receiving my paperwork. They have the wrong birth date in their records.

It will take several days to get to Iowa where the paperwork goes and several days to process it and I've noticed it takes up to a week or more for checks to be sent to my post office here in Martinez ( NOT MY NAME, California ).

But my problem is that I don't think I'm going to get the check before the deal that Sirius has to buy a car radio expires on the 20th of this month.

Buying our car and my making my portion of the payment and the insurance has left me tapped out for the month.

I need the $ 29 to buy the car radio. I would normally have it but both my girlfriend and I took every spare dime we had for 6 months to buy our car and both of us are tapped out. I'm paying $ 306 a month for my portion including insurance and she's paying $ 300.

Sirius normally charges $ 70 for the radio.

If someone could help me I'd be willing to pay back up to $ 58 as interest as soon as I get the check or on the first when I get my next check.

My knee is getting progressively worse and we go out late at night to shop and I miss portions of DM and would love to have a car radio.

I would have had one if that flaky Ebay seller in Forestville had sent me mine.
>:( >:( >:(
If someone can help, here's my email address and my cell phone number.

Falkie2013@gmail.com

thanks

george

Cynnie

You pay 600 a month for a car ?
Holy shit , for that you should get free Sirius for a year

Falkie2013

Quote from: Cynnie on October 11, 2013, 06:54:03 AM
You pay 600 a month for a car ?
Holy shit , for that you should get free Sirius for a year

We'd always had cheap cars. Our last car was a 1994 Honda on its last legs. We paid $2400 down on our 2002 Prius and the dealer let us pay the rest at $ 500.68 for five months. We made the first payment this month and I'm paying the insurance ( with $ 4 for renters insurance ) at $ 80 a month, for comp, collision, theft with a $ 1000 deductable. We owed $ 2000 more when we bought it, full price $ 4200. It bluebooks for $ 5500. For us, this is like having a new car.
IF I can make money from You Tube and other projects, maybe in a year or two we'd have enough money to buy a NEW Prius for cash. Then we'd give our car to someone who needs a car gratis.

area51drone

Everyone is in a different position in life.   No need to judge.  We're all in this together.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 11, 2013, 05:54:52 AM
I need some help from any Bellgabber who can help.

There's no BART strike today so I can get to San Francisco to get the paperwork I need to send to TD Ameritrade to sell my $1100 worth of Nordstrom stock in an old long dormant account.

But even if there isn't a strike, while TD Ameritrade says they'll send me a check within 2 days of receiving my paperwork. They have the wrong birth date in their records.

It will take several days to get to Iowa where the paperwork goes and several days to process it and I've noticed it takes up to a week or more for checks to be sent to my post office here in Martinez ( NOT MY NAME, California ).

But my problem is that I don't think I'm going to get the check before the deal that Sirius has to buy a car radio expires on the 20th of this month.

Buying our car and my making my portion of the payment and the insurance has left me tapped out for the month.

I need the $ 29 to buy the car radio. I would normally have it but both my girlfriend and I took every spare dime we had for 6 months to buy our car and both of us are tapped out. I'm paying $ 306 a month for my portion including insurance and she's paying $ 300.

Sirius normally charges $ 70 for the radio.

If someone could help me I'd be willing to pay back up to $ 58 as interest as soon as I get the check or on the first when I get my next check.

My knee is getting progressively worse and we go out late at night to shop and I miss portions of DM and would love to have a car radio.

I would have had one if that flaky Ebay seller in Forestville had sent me mine.
>:( >:( >:(
If someone can help, here's my email address and my cell phone number.

Falkie2013@gmail.com

thanks

george

Ever thought about getting a job in Nigeria?

area51drone

Falkie is not some random person out there.  He's a BellGabber and an Art Bell listener.  If he's going through some financial trouble right now, what's $30?  If he doesn't pay me back, oh well, I tried to do a good thing for someone to help improve their life a little bit.  I'm not going to lose my shirt.   If he does pay me back, then he just proved you all wrong.   We'll see what happens.   I like to gamble, and with him I think it's a good (will) bet.

MV/Liberace!

i, for one, never said anything about him not paying anyone back.  i'm sure he will.  i just thought it was an odd request, is all.

Falkie2013

I, unlike many in this world, have a conscience.
And a sense of honor.
I would not think of not paying area51drone back.
I got the paperwork I needed last night and it will go off to TD Waterhouse in the morning. Drone will have his money as soon as I get the check from the broker and cash it.
With the $ 1100 I get, a sizable portion will go towards and extra month's rent and car payment/insurance and fruits and vegetables and healthier food.
The car has taken up all our spare cash for months. I just ran out of money after food, cat food and bills.
And my Mother's going back on her word to pay for the cell phone she kept nagging me to get for months.
I would not think of showing my " face " in here if I'd stiffed him.
But ... it wouldn't occur to me to do so either.
I suppose none of you have had a temporary cash flow problem in your lives, eh ?
For I feel, despite our occasional sniping at each other, we're all part of a huge extended family. We love the paranormal, the weird and Art Bell.
And most of us can't stand Noory.
As for my working, the further deterioration of my knee precludes that unless I were to get a job where I sat down for 8 hours a day.
There have been times when I've had to resort to putting on my knee to ankle knee brace because I can't put weight on my knee.
I am taking steps to get someone to look at it again and try to get surgery on it.
And no I don't want to go to Nigeria.
Or Kenya either.

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2013, 11:18:34 PM
i, for one, never said anything about him not paying anyone back.  i'm sure he will.  i just thought it was an odd request, is all.

Kindly note that the request is for one primary reason aside from being temporarily tapped out.
I LOVE listening to Art Bell !!!

BY the by, MV when I get that money, I'm gonna donate you $ 20. Ain't much but ...

I have an idea for you.
How about you get together with Coaster or someone graphically oriented and make up a Bellgab tshirt/sweatshirt for sale.
We could have it with something like :

Bellgab
THE Art Bell Discussion Site

and on the back a picture of Art and the Dark Matters logo with the Sirius logo on it and maybe saying " I listen to Art Bell. Why don't you come and take a ride ? "

Perhaps also we could get ones that could be personalized with our handles underneath the Bellgab logo.

Or a shirt that says :

" Bellgab. I got on the air with Art Bell. "

Hmm, Bellgab motorcycle jackets ? ...
;D

Wil Wheaton sells a little plush doll of himself on his website.  MV, you should totally do that!  I think a little MV plushie dressed in super-tiny, tight denim shorts would fly off the shelves! 

:o

Cynnie

I'm just a little judgey :)
And it's none if my bidness how much you pay for a car .
people make money on YouTube ?

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 12, 2013, 11:59:25 AM
Wil Wheaton sells a little plush doll of himself on his website.  MV, you should totally do that!  I think a little MV plushie dressed in super-tiny, tight denim shorts would fly off the shelves! 

I would definitely put one in the rear car window for the daily commute.

ChewMouse

I would buy a BellGab t-shirt! Also a coffee mug...and of course a mouse pad for my yoga work.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 12, 2013, 05:38:27 AM
BY the by, MV when I get that money, I'm gonna donate you $ 20. Ain't much but ...

noooo... i appreciate it, but if you're this tapped out, the last thing you need to be doing is donating money to bellgab.  thank you, though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 12, 2013, 11:59:25 AM

maybe if the forum were about me, but...

eddie dean

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 12, 2013, 02:39:43 PM
I would buy a BellGab t-shirt! Also a coffee mug...and of course a mouse pad for my yoga work.

I like you Chewmouse!
Don't tell your husband...wink

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on October 12, 2013, 10:07:18 PM
noooo... i appreciate it, but if you're this tapped out, the last thing you need to be doing is donating money to bellgab.  thank you, though.

Being tapped out is temporary. One of the things I'm going to do is pay an extra months rent and an extra insurance payment and my portion of 1 months car payment. Thus l;eaving me a custion for next month.
OK> When I can I will donate. Bellgab is one of the things keeping me sane.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 12, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

I love the little chew mouse avatar. so cute.
Hmm, do hamsters and guinea pigs like listening to Art ?
Or do they prefer classical or jazz or ... ?
My cats always seemed to like the classical music in the background when I go out.

ChewMouse

Quote from: eddie dean on October 13, 2013, 01:08:52 AM
I like you Chewmouse!
Don't tell your husband...wink

Aww...thank you.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 13, 2013, 09:30:10 AM
I love the little chew mouse avatar. so cute.
Hmm, do hamsters and guinea pigs like listening to Art ?
Or do they prefer classical or jazz or ... ?
My cats always seemed to like the classical music in the background when I go out.

Well, I cannot speak for all rodentia, but my immediate circle enjoys classic rock. Now, I do know a porcupine that loves rap and when he shakes a leg...watch out!

Don't know if this'll help you get your DarkMatters fix, falkie, but I see someone has posted darn near all of the new shows over on YouTube.  Questions of morality/piracy aside, you can listen to the programs there.

paladin1991

I had no idea this thread existed.   Thanks for the necromancy and the laughs, O'neill.