• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Here was "Art's favorite book"- Gravity by Tess Gerritsen
"A young NASA doctor must combat a lethal microbe that is multiplying in the deadliest of environments -- space -- in this acclaimed blockbuster of medical suspense from Tess Gerritsen, bestselling author of Harvest, Life Support, and Bloodstream"

Alper's life story reminds me a little bit of Krishnamurti. Krishnamurti was handpicked as a great savior out of an Indian ghetto and trained to be the next great religious teacher. He later pretty much told everyone to throw away religion.

coaster

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 12:38:47 AM
It happened twice, once when I was 5 and had developed pneumonia and a 105 fever, rushed 60 miles ( as fast as one can rush in a blizzard ) from a Catholic boarding school in Ligonier, Pa to Pittsburgh. My Mother was the charge nurse at McGee hospital and I was pronounced dead on arrival. She would not let them take my body and insisted that they put me in one of those stainless steel baths and pack me in ice, which was something they had done in Europe for years but didn't happen as treatment here until much later. I was apparently gone for 3 days. I saw everyone standing around my bed as my spirit floated above everything and I headed for a light tunnel. I knew if I went in I wasn't coming back.

Same thing happened at the age of 12 in Walter Reed Hospital.

I also got knocked out by electricity once when I should have been dead.

I had very little concept of death at 5 or 12 until I had a friend die literally in front of me when we were rushing home from school during a lightning storm and he got hit right on the belt buckle by a lightning strike and died on the spot with a hole in his stomach the size of a dinner plate. It melted the belt buckle completely and effectively cooked part of him as if he'd been on a bbq,
Ever since then lightning scares the hell out of me.
jesus..

sleeplessinca

It happened twice, once when I was 5 and had developed pneumonia and a 105 fever, rushed 60 miles ( as fast as one can rush in a blizzard ) from a Catholic boarding school in Ligonier, Pa to Pittsburgh. My Mother was the charge nurse at McGee hospital and I was pronounced dead on arrival. She would not let them take my body and insisted that they put me in one of those stainless steel baths and pack me in ice, which was something they had done in Europe for years but didn't happen as treatment here until much later. I was apparently gone for 3 days. I saw everyone standing around my bed as my spirit floated above everything and I headed for a light tunnel. I knew if I went in I wasn't coming back.

I had very little concept of death at 5 or 12 until I had a friend die literally in front of me when we were rushing home from school during a lightning storm and he got hit right on the belt buckle by a lightning strike and died on the spot with a hole in his stomach the size of a dinner plate. It melted the belt buckle completely and effectively cooked part of him as if he'd been on a bbq,
Do you feel lucky to be alive?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:41:18 AM
No... the Chandra Levy part is a reference to a bit Phil Hendrie did about Art & the boogie man.  Ha haa.  Thought you'd get it.

A boogie man got me, yes.  But I was trying to make light of it.
Sometimes it is laugh or cry with stuff, isn't it?

Chilling stories Falkie.

I remember when Art was on in the 90s after the "afterglow" I would ask my girl if she wanted to listen to something really strange (of course Art Bell).
We would listen and laugh and then I would ask "So do you believe in ghosts/ESP etc."
Its amazing the things people would tell you.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:41:18 AM
No... the Chandra Levy part is a reference to a bit Phil Hendrie did about Art & the boogie man.  Ha haa.  Thought you'd get it.

A boogie man got me, yes.  But I was trying to make light of it.
I'm slow sometimes.  The b/m got me too so I do understand.  Do as much as you can to nip it b4 it nips you...  The voice of experience :)  And do hope things have gotten better.

sleeplessinca

At least Alper has decent sound quality and has done some serious study.

Falkie2013

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 12:42:59 AM
Do you feel lucky to be alive?

Yes. I know I lived for a reason.
Probably to be a helper to people who don't know how to do stuff that I do I guess. My gf would be lost at times without me and tonight out of the blue, her gf in a totally unrelated question to what we were talking about on the phone, asked me how to empty her trashcan on her PC. Seems like her daughter and her bf filled her screen with tons of photos and links. I hadn't used a pc in a long time but thought about it and told her how to do it. I'm always helping people out with computer and tech problems. I wish I had the proficiency to do car repairs that I do with pcs and Macs.
I once talked about NDE's and such with both Malachi Martin and Dannion Brinkley and both of them were nice enough to reply to my emails.
I'd been upset because so many of my friends have died and yet I am winding up out living them even when they're a lot older than me. And I'm only 61 now.

Heather Wade

Makes you look at everything a little bit differently, doesn't it? 
Thank you for telling it, wow... wow.

Falkie2013

Of course, I know the real reason I lived.

Its so I can tell people about Art Bell who've never heard of him and get them away from claptrap radio like TMZ.

;D ;) ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 12:46:48 AM
Sometimes it is laugh or cry with stuff, isn't it?

And sometimes it's turn on the radio & go for a ride.   8)

Nighthawk

Ahhhh. I finally got rid of my company that was over and now I'm listening!!!!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Wheeeeeeee riding the Bell curve!!!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 01:07:20 AM

If you sit on a Sirius XM radio & its not turned on, do you still go for a ride if Art's on the air ?
Does he have that kind of power ?
;D

Falkie2013

What is Quantum Jumping?
    www.QuantumJumping.com
    Discover Why Thousands of People are "Jumping" to Change Their Life

Quantum Jumping using a cosmic string as your bungee cord ?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 01:03:23 AM
Yes. I know I lived for a reason.
Probably to be a helper to people who don't know how to do stuff that I do I guess. My gf would be lost at times without me and tonight out of the blue, her gf in a totally unrelated question to what we were talking about on the phone, asked me how to empty her trashcan on her PC. Seems like her daughter and her bf filled her screen with tons of photos and links. I hadn't used a pc in a long time but thought about it and told her how to do it. I'm always helping people out with computer and tech problems. I wish I had the proficiency to do car repairs that I do with pcs and Macs.
I once talked about NDE's and such with both Malachi Martin and Dannion Brinkley and both of them were nice enough to reply to my emails.
I'd been upset because so many of my friends have died and yet I am winding up out living them even when they're a lot older than me. And I'm only 61 now.
A very sweet guy lurks between all your lines, doesn't he?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

I like your kitty avatar too though I wish I could see what it says.
I keep wondering why so many of my cats have played " chase the kitty " over 35 years of owning cats when either I or my gf wants to cuddle them. They sit just out of reach. I think they secretly snicker at us.

Drives us crazy.

Kitty avatar says:  "Moon colonization is serious business."

My cat does that too, I think they are all from another planet, lol.

Falkie2013

Wouldn't it be something if we got to Mars one day and found out that RCH was half right and that cats are the Martians ?

;D

Pity there aren't any flat cats there either.
Heinlein reference.

I also came back to give a home to all the cats I've rescued over the years including my gf's cat, Betty Boop/Boopette who used to be mine until Mickey Mouse chased her out of the apartment complex and she lived next door with someone.
Animals like me. I've had wild deer families come up and want petting, birds land on my shoulder, horses come up to me at the racetrack and even police dogs flop in front of me for petting. And once a cougar came across the road at a BART station, walked up to me and flopped and wanted petting and for me to scratch his ears and tummy. People were freaking out and said he's gonna hurt you and I said nonsense, he's just a bigger kitty who wants some love and I gave it to him for around 20 minutes.

sleeplessinca

Someone wrote in that Alper is a pompous ass.  Wasn't me, promise!  He really does feel he knows it all, doesn't he?  He's missing an open humble heart; it's like he's missing the whole point.

sleeplessinca

RCH should find a cat on Mars and he'd really be onto something.

Falkie2013

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 01:18:31 AM
Someone wrote in that Alper is a pompous ass.  Wasn't me, promise!  He really does feel he knows it all, doesn't he?  He's missing an open humble heart; it's like he's missing the whole point.

When you have a bullbleep system where you only believe in yourself and nothing and no one else you become arrogant in your lack of faith and cynicism.
I don't believe for a minute that he feels religious people would have a right to practice religion were it up to him.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 01:22:48 AM
When you have a bullbleep system where you only believe in yourself and nothing and no one else you become arrogant in your lack of faith and cynicism.
I don't believe for a minute that he feels religious people would have a right to practice religion were it up to him.

He knows it all, and he's here to tell us.  Is he his own Personal Jesus?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 01:29:08 AM
He knows it all, and he's here to tell us.  Is he his own Personal Jesus?
I can see him sitting on his own dashboard

Heather Wade

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 01:32:12 AM
I can see him sitting on his own dashboard

We should have a bobblehead doll made of him w/ a suction cup on the bottom so he can ride around with his own head bobbing at himself.  Ha!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 01:34:33 AM
We should have a bobblehead doll made of him w/ a suction cup on the bottom so he can ride around with his own head bobbing at himself.  Ha!
Love it.  Aetheists can have this quality.

Falkie2013

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 01:19:40 AM
RCH should find a cat on Mars and he'd really be onto something.

Funny you should bring that up. I walked out to bring in Fuzzy Cat and of course she promptly went and hid rather than be cuddled ... but in an envelope exactly 19.5 feet away from my Imac I found conclusive proof of cats on Mars.

Stop the presses !

And call RCH at once !

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 01:34:33 AM

Wouldn't happen. He'd deny a bobblehead can bobble without a blind scientific study.
Probably with pictures and a video too.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 01:36:31 AM
Funny you should bring that up. I walked out to bring in Fuzzy Cat and of course she promptly went and hid rather than be cuddled ... but in an envelope exactly 19.5 feet away from my Imac I found conclusive proof of cats on Mars.

Stop the presses !

And call RCH at once !

If only people would look at the data.  Those are clearly cats on Mars.

Falkie2013

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 01:14:19 AM
A very sweet guy lurks between all your lines, doesn't he?

It would be immodest to say yes but ... umm ...

blush  ::)