• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Murder101

That last caller was just annoying. Perfect example of why I don't like call-ins.  He just stuttered, um and ah'ed and repeated himself.

"I forgot what I was saying". Matthew.  Those southern callers!

Perfect.

Weird and entertaining.

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 12:00:31 AM
I'm on for the DM rebroadcast now.

I'm with you for the first hour sleepless.
Horrible traffic on the way home.

The part of the second half I heard was good.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: popple on September 26, 2013, 12:01:59 AM
UH OH! Scientology stalked her.

http://youtu.be/E5U82mSygzs
Them and many others.  My house was owned by scientologists before I moved here 12 years ago.  They never stop sending letters.  Love this clip.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 26, 2013, 12:00:40 AM
I was thinking the other day that Art could interview a almond butter and jelly sandwich and not only make it believable but very interesting.  He is a master of radio.

I can just see it and hear it.
Art has this program with 4 peanut butters; Skippy, Jif, Planters and Organic and they debate which one is better and whether or not chunky or creamy is superior.

steve0suprem0

So after a year of coming back to my tool shop and hearing the reruns and my recent excitement, the guys out on the molding floor (plastic injection molding machinist, here) all decided they would drop the Mexican reggae and gangsta rap in favor of dark matter. Art's got half a dozen brand new listeners!

Heather Wade

Quote from: popple on September 26, 2013, 12:03:07 AM
Was it really? Glad you're still here with us then!

It really was.  It really happened.  But not according to our guest tonight, well I was there.  Came back different but not thumping any certain opinion except don't hurt living beings & enjoy every second to the hilt.

Now I know what I was brought back for, lmao, to see Art freakin Bell return to radio.  Kidding, but it is cool and making me smile.  He played my song, music that many have tripped to many a mysterious hour underground in the shadows... I gave it to Art thinking he might like to listen to it & here he is playing it on his show.  If this isn't a hallucination, it's starting to feel like one, ha haa.

As Art likes to say, "It really is wonderful to be here!" 

Laugh at me all you want, at least we're laughing.   8)

Earth Pod

Quote from: steve0suprem0 on September 26, 2013, 12:09:05 AM
So after a year of coming back to my tool shop and hearing the reruns and my recent excitement, the guys out on the molding floor (plastic injection molding machinist, here) all decided they would drop the Mexican reggae and gangsta rap in favor of dark matter. Art's got half a dozen brand new listeners!
Groovy!

sleeplessinca

Redacted you are in fyne form tonight.  I'm good for at least the first hour.

Heather Wade

Cool cool!  I got my real estate lady & her hubby listening too!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:10:51 AM
It really was.  It really happened.  But not according to our guest tonight, well I was there.  Came back different but not thumping any certain opinion except don't hurt living beings & enjoy every second to the hilt.

Now I know what I was brought back for, lmao, to see Art freakin Bell return to radio.  Kidding, but it is cool and making me smile.  He played my song, music that many have tripped to many a mysterious hour underground in the shadows... I gave it to Art thinking he might like to listen to it & here he is playing it on his show.  If this isn't a hallucination, it's starting to feel like one, ha haa.

I clearly missed something good.

RedMichael

Thats cool, he read my e-mail on the air at the beginning of the show. Kinda butchered it but hey. I'll take it.

AshamanWolf

Horrid migraine hit me like a metal fist. I'll talk to you fun people tomorrow. Be safe all.

Falkie2013

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 25, 2013, 11:59:22 PM
This thread has taken a weird green women turn not that I'm knocking it! LOL

Sexiest green woman ever was Yvonne Craig. Got to meet her at a convention in Oakland back in the early 1990s and she has a sister who's just as cute. At the same time there was Grace Lee Whitney in a low cut dress ! Yvonne was around 50 at the time and was still cute as hell !

Talk about an exacta !

Here's the link for the girl from the Green Dimension LOS episode. I've never seen it. I was a Voyage kind of guy but after the 1st seriously done season it started to suck more and more until it was a joke.
I'd still want someone to build a full size Seaview one day now that the Germans have developed a kind of transparent aluminum.

http://www.vitinamarcus.com/photo.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Spinner

Yes, it is.
And it is wonderful to have you here/there/everywhere. :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 26, 2013, 12:13:54 AM
Redacted you are in fyne form tonight.  I'm good for at least the first hour.

You and others here are helping me to break out of my protective shell.  Then again, popple said this isn't even real.  Enjoy the show, real, ...or not, it's still pretty cool.

Spinner

Awesome!
I bet their minds were starving and needed the kind of nourishment provided by Art's Dark Matter.

What a great work environment must yours be now. :)

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Spinner on September 26, 2013, 12:18:03 AM

Yes, it is.
And it is wonderful to have you here/there/everywhere. :)
You  may only get one shot at this narrow band on the electro-magnetic plane so make the most you can of it .

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:19:24 AM
You and others here are helping me to break out of my protective shell.  Then again, popple said this isn't even real.  Enjoy the show, real, ...or not, it's still pretty cool.
It's a pretty safe place to put your toes in the water

Falkie2013

Glad you had the chance to come back and enjoy life.
I have been pronounced dead twice, my Mother once.
I'm convinced something positive happens after death.
Hell would be trapped in a radio studio with Snoory with his program never ending and no way to turn it off or shut him up and there are NO doors leading out of the studio and no way to escape.

I like your kitty avatar too though I wish I could see what it says.
I keep wondering why so many of my cats have played " chase the kitty " over 35 years of owning cats when either I or my gf wants to cuddle them. They sit just out of reach. I think they secretly snicker at us.

Drives us crazy.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:19:24 AM
There is lots of help here.  Did you have a run in with the boogie man that made you protect yourself?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 12:27:09 AM
Hell would be trapped in a radio studio with Snoory with his program never ending and no way to turn it off or shut him up.
My NDE was a gift. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 12:27:09 AM
Hell would be trapped in a radio studio with Snoory with his program never ending and no way to turn it off or shut him up.

Funny because it's true!

Curious what you saw, and were there differences in each experience or was it the same each time?  Of course you don't have to answer if you don't want.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 26, 2013, 12:28:44 AM
There is lots of help here.  Did you have a run in with the boogie man that made you protect yourself?

Yep, same boogie man that got Chandra Levy.  I punched him in the face.

sleeplessinca

This guest has a certain arrogance. . . or something.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:31:41 AM
What the hell happened?  Were you attacked?  Of course you need not get specific and it is better if you don't.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 12:31:41 AM
Wow, that sounds serious and tough to come back from.  The fear is an illusion but it sure can take over.  Hope things are lots better for you.  I'm not sure I know who got C. Levy but I do remember her. 

Falkie2013

It happened twice, once when I was 5 and had developed pneumonia and a 105 fever, rushed 60 miles ( as fast as one can rush in a blizzard ) from a Catholic boarding school in Ligonier, Pa to Pittsburgh. My Mother was the charge nurse at McGee hospital and I was pronounced dead on arrival. She would not let them take my body and insisted that they put me in one of those stainless steel baths and pack me in ice, which was something they had done in Europe for years but didn't happen as treatment here until much later. I was apparently gone for 3 days. I saw everyone standing around my bed as my spirit floated above everything and I headed for a light tunnel. I knew if I went in I wasn't coming back.

Same thing happened at the age of 12 in Walter Reed Hospital.

I also got knocked out by electricity once when I should have been dead.

I had very little concept of death at 5 or 12 until I had a friend die literally in front of me when we were rushing home from school during a lightning storm and he got hit right on the belt buckle by a lightning strike and died on the spot with a hole in his stomach the size of a dinner plate. It melted the belt buckle completely and effectively cooked part of him as if he'd been on a bbq,
Ever since then lightning scares the hell out of me.

Heather Wade

No... the Chandra Levy part is a reference to a bit Phil Hendrie did about Art & the boogie man.  Ha haa.  Thought you'd get it.

A boogie man got me, yes.  But I was trying to make light of it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 26, 2013, 12:38:47 AM
It happened twice, once when I was 5 and had developed pneumonia and a 105 fever, rushed 60 miles ( as fast as one can rush in a blizzard ) from a Catholic boarding school in Ligonier, Pa to Pittsburgh. My Mother was the charge nurse at McGee hospital and I was pronounced dead on arrival. She would not let them take my body and insisted that they put me in one of those stainless steel baths and pack me in ice, which was something they had done in Europe for years but didn't happen as treatment here until much later. I was apparently gone for 3 days. I saw everyone standing around my bed as my spirit floated above everything and I headed for a light tunnel. I knew if I went in I wasn't coming back.

Same thing happened at the age of 12 in Walter Reed Hospital.

I also got knocked out by electricity once when I should have been dead.

I had very little concept of death at 5 or 12 until I had a friend die literally in front of me when we were rushing home from school during a lightning storm and he got hit right on the belt buckle by a lightning strike and died on the spot with a hole in his stomach the size of a dinner plate. It melted the belt buckle completely and effectively cooked part of him as if he'd been on a bbq,
Ever since then lightning scares the hell out of me.
Way interesting. And good work shortening up the posts lately.