• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

AshamanWolf

I cannot wait for tomorrow, being here while listening is simply amazing and I am so glad I joined and started talking to all of you. :)

jazmunda

Good Night North Americans. Only 4:00pm here so I guess I should do some work before I head home.

Cynnie

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 25, 2013, 12:04:22 AM
I cannot wait for tomorrow, being here while listening is simply amazing and I am so glad I joined and started talking to all of you. :)

Im so glad i had insomnia!!

Spinner

Quote from: Ward on September 25, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
wow that was FUN my fellow Bellians, Art was extremely cool to let me ask all those questions and get into a conversation with Seth.
I think Art was really enjoying your comments and questions.
And I think Seth might have been a little taken aback.

Cynnie

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

I think Art was really enjoying your comments and questions.
And I think Seth might have been a little taken aback.

Yeah i think Seth was a tad intimidated

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 25, 2013, 12:04:22 AM

It is kind of unique, isn't it?  You add to it, Ash.

Hasta nueve, mi amigos.

phrodo

Great show tonite -- what I heard of it anyways.... was watching the Cards vs Nats for the first part ... will listen to the replay and catch what I missed earlier. Can't wait for tomorrow nite's classic in the making....

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cynnie on September 25, 2013, 12:08:27 AM
Yeah i think Seth was a tad intimidated

I thought it was funny when Ward said, "It's frustrating, aren't you frustrated?"

Spinner

I'm listening to the replay.
Don't think I can go the whole 4 hours, but it will be nice to fall asleep to Art's voice.

phrodo

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 12:15:41 AM
Don't think I can go the whole 4 hours, but it will be nice to fall asleep to Art's voice.

Ain't it .. I do it most every nite... hard to get to sleep otherwise... (insomnia .. maybe) ...

Morgus

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 24, 2013, 11:53:29 PM
Ward is the one that said 51's. Bell gab members are encouraged to accompany roswells with 51's to let everyone know it is a fellow bell gabber.
yep, saying 51's to Art is our special Bellgab code.  ;D

popple

I like that promo they run for DM on SiriusXM more and more. The effects they put on his voice remind me of his old demon voice lol

I have been sleeping soooooooo well since Art came back. Listening to his voice is so soothing. And then I have some crazy awesome dream because of what he is talking about in my ear.

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on September 25, 2013, 12:23:12 AM
Ain't it .. I do it most every nite... hard to get to sleep otherwise... (insomnia .. maybe) ...

I've been doing this for years. Especially during the wilderness years when live episodes were few and far between. It doesn't matter if the episode is 15+ years old I think I need Art's voice to lull me to sleep.

Earth Pod

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 12:15:41 AM
I'm on the replay too.

AshamanWolf

Quote from: jazmunda on September 25, 2013, 12:28:37 AM
I've been doing this for years. Especially during the wilderness years when live episodes were few and far between. It doesn't matter if the episode is 15+ years old I think I need Art's voice to lull me to sleep.
Where are you finding the old episodes? I would love to listen to them.

Heather Wade

Quote from: popple on September 25, 2013, 12:27:04 AM
I like that promo they run for DM on SiriusXM more and more. The effects they put on his voice remind me of his old demon voice lol

I have been sleeping soooooooo well since Art came back. Listening to his voice is so soothing. And then I have some crazy awesome dream because of what he is talking about in my ear.

Yes, and I'm on the replay with you die hards too.  Waited too long for this... and the feeling of listening in the wee hours while I work is just like old times.  C Crane ads & all. 

Bummer for the bellgabbers who were pulled away from the live show for various reasons. 

AshamanWolf

I do not know if I would classify it as 'doom' but when Hale-Bop was around, I injured myself skiing. In a way, it was rather beautiful, riding down the slopes, looking up at the comet as Ski-Patrol guided my little emergency sled.

AshamanWolf

Quote from: Redacted on September 25, 2013, 12:41:18 AM
Yes, and I'm on the replay with you die hards too.  Waited too long for this... and the feeling of listening in the wee hours while I work is just like old times.  C Crane ads & all. 

Bummer for the bellgabbers who were pulled away from the live show for various reasons.
I'm here on the replay with everyone else until one of the jobs call.

Earth Pod

Ash,

Winamp has lots of older Art shows.   Once installed go down to shout cast and type in search for Art Bell.  Youtube is loaded w/oldies too--Type Art Bell in quotes.  There are other outlets too, I'm sure. 

I'm not sure how far back these go:

http://www.c2camdaily.com/#sthash.yD5M9h59.dpbs

http://www.youtube.com/user/C2CVAULT

phrodo

Quote from: Morgus on September 25, 2013, 12:26:56 AM
yep, saying 51's to Art is our special Bellgab code.  ;D

Might I also respectfully request we all include "INFINITE Roswells" as well? Seems much more appropriate than "Mega Roswells" as Mega is tied to Rush's "Dittos"..

I had planned on doing so if I ever got thru -- but Ward did so by proxy upon request.   :D

Heather Wade

Quote from: phrodo on September 25, 2013, 12:46:17 AM
Might I also respectfully request we all include "INFINITE Roswells" as well? Seems much more appropriate than "Mega Roswells" as Mega is tied to Rush's "Dittos"..

I had planned on doing so if I ever got thru -- but Ward did so by proxy upon request.   :D

I did not know "mega" was tied to Rush.

Infinite Roswell's it is.  Or 51's.  Or 51 infinite Roswells.  O, I'm not sober, it's been a long day, and Art gives me seritonin od's when I listen to him.  Help me.  lol!

Heather Wade

Why did that one guy say "google Roswells"?  Wtf was that?  A fluke?

phrodo

Quote from: Redacted on September 25, 2013, 12:49:58 AM
I did not know "mega" was tied to Rush.

Infinite Roswell's it is.  Or 51's.  Or 51 infinite Roswells.  O, I'm not sober, it's been a long day, and Art gives me seritonin od's when I listen to him.  Help me.  lol!

Nearly every caller to Rush says "Mega Dittos" ... so just thought Infinite was a bit more appropriate... and different

And as for Google ... they suck balls and are indeed the "evil empire"/WalMart of the internet... if you value your privacy you will disavow any connection with google regarding your online usage. seriously.

Falkie2013

I have about 30 old Art shows on my Imac that I haven't re-listened to yet.
Before AB came back, I'd listen to them because I needed my periodic fix of Art to detoxify myself from the deletorious effects of brain toxicity from listening to Snoory.
I wish I could find the Colonel Corso broadcast. The copy I have cuts off and I don't recall what was said after all these years.
And I hope MV can fix this security thing. I keep losing posts because it won't let me post my 2 pictures.

BIG GRUMP.

>:( :(

I was kind of amazed at how much stuff Shostak hadn't heard of when Art brought them up, like the double suns.
Maybe Shostak needs to do AB prep and listen to the shows before he comes on the air so he knows what the cutting edge stuff REALLY is because we and the public always heard the latest stuff from Art FIRST.
Either that or Shostak is too busy watching old I Love Lucy re-runs to keep up on his technical journals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsZfcz3h1s

I've never gotten the thing about aliens even wanting to watch Lucy. Surely there would be better programs than that which they'd choose to watch. If I'd been Ricky Ricardo I probably would have killed her with the help of Fred Mertz and Ethel too because of the constant stuff both of them pulled all the time. That would have driven me crazy and I'm not even Cuban, so I couldn't bitch about it like Desi did, which is one thing that always made me laugh.

She exasperated him in 2 languages !

Spinner

Quote from: Redacted on September 25, 2013, 12:51:44 AM
Why did that one guy say "google Roswells"?  Wtf was that?  A fluke?
I think he said googol (as in, googolplex)

Earth Pod

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 25, 2013, 12:59:11 AM
I have about 30 old Art shows on my Imac that I haven't re-listened to yet.
Before AB came back, I'd listen to them because I needed my periodic fix of Art to detoxify myself from the deletorious effects of brain toxicity from listening to Snoory.
I wish I could find the Colonel Corso broadcast. The copy I have cuts off and I don't recall what was said after all these years.
And I hope MV can fix this security thing. I keep losing posts because it won't let me post my 2 pictures.

BIG GRUMP.

>:( :(

I was kind of amazed at how much stuff Shostak hadn't heard of when Art brought them up, like the double suns.
Maybe Shostak needs to do AB prep and listen to the shows before he comes on the air so he knows what the cutting edge stuff REALLY is because we and the public always heard the latest stuff from Art FIRST.
Either that or Shostak is too busy watching old I Love Lucy re-runs to keep up on his technical journals.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsZfcz3h1s

I've never gotten the thing about aliens even wanting to watch Lucy. Surely there would be better programs than that which they'd choose to watch. If I'd been Ricky Ricardo I probably would have killed her with the help of Fred Mertz and Ethel too because of the constant stuff both of them pulled all the time. That would have driven me crazy and I'm not even Cuban, so I couldn't bitch about it like Desi did, which is one thing that always made me laugh.

She exasperated him in 2 languages !
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there seems to be lots to weed throught:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13F6977033227B0C
https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en#complete=0&hl=en&q=%22art+bell%22+%22Colonel+Corso%22

Morgus

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 12:44:40 AM
Is Art aware of this?
Art's producer is, he gave "51's" to us in a post here last night.
And Art chuckled when he heard Ward say "51's" again on the air, so he must too.