• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

analog kid

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 10:31:11 PM
At night when I contemplate the galaxy, I've often thought that if they came here, observed us, they might think we are dangerous/crazy, and keep their distance.

If they're out there, listening to our transmissions, the first possible signal they'd get is Hitler's broadcasts at the Nuremburg rallies.

So said Carl Sagan, anyways.

Ward

guess a lot of people been on hold for 30 minutes, i must be 10-th in line ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: analog kid on September 24, 2013, 10:47:33 PM
If they're out there, listening to our broadcasts, the first possible signal they'd get is Hitler's broadcasts at the Nuremburg rallies.

So said Carl Sagan, anyways.

Sagan was the man.  You busted me, lol.  But, I think he was on to something there.  As in, they might see us as too dangerous to approach just yet.

Do all American speak as fast as the small print guys on these commercials? 8)

Cynnie

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 24, 2013, 10:46:30 PM
I wouldn't invite the majority of us in and would steer clear.  But if I had the capability, I'd privately contact good individuals and keep it low key until this spices did a lot more growing.   We are spirits living a human experience and will get there some day---I do believe.

I think to them we're like the beetles in my garden..they think that land is theirs ..and im just something that terrifies some of them from time to time but i couldn't tell you anything about the beetle except its icky

eddie dean

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2013, 10:47:36 PM

Did the call screener tell you how many people are in front of you?

Cynnie

Hang in there! We're counting on you!!

Also regarding Sirius radios... I bought a gorgeous Tivoli unit which I love very very much.  They were unfortunately discontinued a few years back but if you can snag one on ebay I cannot recommend them enough.  They did cost a fortune years ago and because of their rarity  they still do.  Can you tell I love my radio? ;D

Earth Pod

Quote from: canadiancommie on September 24, 2013, 10:51:23 PM
Hi Tasty.. I don't speak that fast.

Cynnie

Quote from: canadiancommie on September 24, 2013, 10:54:18 PM
Also regarding Sirius radios... I bought a gorgeous Tivoli unit which I love very very much.  They were unfortunately discontinued a few years back but if you can snag one on ebay I cannot recommend them enough.  They did cost a fortune years ago and because of their rarity  they still do.  Can you tell I love my radio? ;D

I didnt get as snazzy a radio as that and im all in love with it ..its my art bell machine

Nighthawk

This will be 2 nights in a row for you ward!! Right on!

Quote from: Cynnie on September 24, 2013, 10:51:32 PM
I think to them we're like the beetles in my garden..they think that land is theirs ..and im just something that terrifies some of them from time to time but i couldn't tell you anything about the beetle except its icky

Real life "The Invaders" from Twilight Zone!

analog kid

Quote from: canadiancommie on September 24, 2013, 10:51:23 PM

Only when we think we're alone with other Americans. Kinda like Eddie Murphy getting on a buss in white face.

Quote from: Cynnie on September 24, 2013, 10:56:29 PM
I didnt get as snazzy a radio as that and im all in love with it ..its my art bell machine

Mine is as well! :P

Quote from: analog kid on September 24, 2013, 10:57:48 PM
Only when we think we're alone with other Americans. Kinda like Eddie Murphy getting on a buss in white face.

We take our faces off.. ::)

Earth Pod

What a difference a host makes.  No wonder everyone has been so itchy for the last 10 years.   Art is the best!!