• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Needing help copying DVD's From UK

Started by Nighthawk, August 27, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

Nighthawk

Hi. I have some personal DVD's from friends in Europe that are of weddings and just home videos, stuff like that. Well anyways I was wanting to copy them. I know that they are in PAL format and I want to burn them to NTSC. Playing them is no problem as I already have a region free DVD player. I just want to be able to back them up or perhaps give some copies to friends here. Years ago I had some program that did this quite easily for me. Now on my new PC I have nero. Although it just doesn't seem to do the job. Mabye I have the wrong version? I was hoping to find some free software for doing the task of copying these DVD's. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tray von Gutenberg

Imgburn will simply copy a DVD with no conversion (or make an ISO image)

What you want is Freemake Video Converter. It is freeware, and can convert just about anything into anything else. You can adjust any parameter you can think of. I have used it for years, and have tested many others, including commercial software, and Freemake comes out on top, especially when considering performance. If you have an Nvidia video card, Freemake Video Converter can utilize your GPU for math-intensive processes using CUDA, greatly increasing your transcoding power. Even if you don't have Nvidia, Freemake can utilize DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) which can speed-up the process.

Converting from PAL to NTSC is child's play - I think even Noory could do it. Freemake's interface is simple to use, but powerful. You could convert your DVD's into computer files if you wished (virtually any format) which makes them simple to play and store, or once converted into NTSC, re-burn them onto DVDs.

With Freemake Video Converter, you can re-burn MANY hours of video onto one DVD - I digitized numerous family videos, then fit them all on one DVD - my last one was 5.5 hours long - very convenient to pass out to family members that way - an AIO solution vs. numerous DVDs.

Once you learn and use Freemake Video Converter, you'll never look back. Advantages:

1) the price is right - FREE
2) does exactly what you need (and so much more)
3) is fast - as meticulously bench-marked by myself using real-world testing techniques.

You will not be sorry. You can download the latest version here:

http://tinyurl.com/pywujsy

As with any software, when installing, slow down and read the screens to make and not install additional toolbars, etc.

Nighthawk

Ok thanks guys. I will try both of your recommendations. I will try them after I get through this BS of dealing with going to the hospital ETC. Thanks.