• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Syria: The Next Stop?

Started by Nucky Nolan, August 26, 2013, 12:55:16 AM

aldousburbank

None of us knows the real dope and none of us can know. All we to have to go by is the historical bengazi, irs, type flim flam swept under the rug bs artistry of this administration, based on which I would, in a game of truth poker, bet my chips that we provided the sarin which rebels used to bait the world into a profitable coup/peace action.

Grov505th

If the rebels used Sarin, I dont think we gave it to them. We being the US. They might have captured it, but saying we gave it to them is a little bit of a stretch.

Yorkshire pud

It may be (I stress may) that a UK company provided the basic chemicals needed to make it last year sometime..There was a story on the BBC news but it hasn't been repeated as far as I know..Speculation has it that the Russians did the same too. I don't know if there is a suggestion that either supplier knew what the final product was to be, or even if the chemicals came from the same supplier; therefore not knowing the other components had been supplied to be used in sarin. It may remain a mystery until it's convenient for whoever is taking the moral high ground to reveal all.

Grov505th

I am shocked...(ok not really). ::)
  Its just like what the US did with Saddam during the Iraq-Iran war.  Gave them the precursors, which can also be used to make insecticide.  but who realy knows any more.
I do think its funny that its going to be next week before anything is decided.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on September 04, 2013, 08:30:49 AM
... He is a KGB dirtbag thug and you keep exalting him as this wise world leader!...

Putin is a pretty smart experienced guy, understands how the world works, and does things he thinks are in the best interests of his country.  Three things that can't be said about Obama.

He's certainly not more corrupt than Obama.  They both shamelessly attack their political opponents using state power, and do so outside the law.

I don't think the people that voted for Obama are ready yet to admit what a thug he is and the scale of damage he is intentionally inflicting on us.  Or worse, do know and approve.

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 05, 2013, 11:40:18 AMThis is amusing
Because it's so true. Syria? Isn't that the new restaurant over on 5th?

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on September 05, 2013, 12:17:03 PM
Because it's so true. Syria? Isn't that the new restaurant over on 5th?

Hahaha... yeah, I think it's next to a Starbucks and across the street from that AWESOME shoe store.  'O is like so cool cause he goes on TV with Dave and sings real good, too,

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 05, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
<snip>
I don't think the people that voted for Obama are ready yet to admit what a thug he is and the scale of damage he is intentionally inflicting on us.  Or worse, do know and approve.

I take exception here sir. I voted for him twice and I fully believe Syria will be a complete disaster for the U.S. if we get involved.

While I wouldn't call him a thug (I posit this is utter hyperbole), but I would say he's completely in the pocket of the elites, just like every other damn president since at least LBJ. My disappointment with Mr Obama and his administration is beyond description. Unfortunately, electing an out-of-touch, self-absorbed, multi-millionaire was no option either. Apparently no one really has the American people's interest at heart.

What part of "not our country" don't these idiots get? We have plenty enough problems here in the U.S. that require serious attention before we should worry about anyplace else. The government should never risk our best and brightest (soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen) unless there is a real and dire threat to our country. To do otherwise is the exact opposite of patriotism in my opinion.

... what a thug he is...

Just targeting enemies with the IRS is enough to qualify.  Then there's his screwing of the GM bondholders and subsequent threats that they'd better stay out of court and just go along.

Or how about the Occupy thugs - first Obama starts talking about 'the 1%', next thing we know his puppet master Soros creates and funds 'Occupy Wall St' to terrorize and tear up our downtowns.

No one rises to the top of the corrupt Chicago Machine without being a thug. Any number of Alinsky tactics used on his opponents, choosing the minister of a racist Marxist 'church' and a pair of unrepentant 60s domestic terrorists as his mentors, his new (old?) friends CAIR, the Moslem Brotherhood, and al-Qaeda in Syria.

His instinct of ruling by decree, going around the law, bypassing the checks and balances of our system when they are inconvenient.  Issuing threats as policy.  Just like a third world dictator.

There's more, but that's enough for starters. 

None of this is acceptable, and most of it is Impeachable.  To me Obama is a thug.  Maybe it's a matter of semantics.

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 05, 2013, 05:50:04 PM
... electing an out-of-touch, self-absorbed, multi-millionaire was no option either...

That describes Obama as well.

Romney wasn't my favorite either, but he was successful without being a crook - I think that's a positive.  And we wouldn't have to wonder where his allegiances are.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 05, 2013, 08:09:00 PM

That describes Obama as well.

Romney wasn't my favorite either, but he was successful without being a crook - I think that's a positive.  And we wouldn't have to wonder where his allegiances are.
What I love about you cons is how you use a wholly anecdotal premise as foundation for your next round of presumptions.  "Crook" & "thug" who's used the IRS to "go after" people.  Like who? When? Or are you dragging out that whole tax free superpac stuff again?
"Alinsky" - your favorite super villain (who most libs wouldn't know if you threw his picture at them.)  And still about those Occupy hoodlums. Let me guess, Obama ordered one of them to key your car?
In real news,  did you see how my man Barry stared down your boy Vlad today in St Pete's? Weak hell! Putin looked like he was about to cry!

NowhereInTime

Putin is a pretty smart experienced guy, understands how the world works, and does things he thinks are in the best interests of his country.  Three things that can't be said about Obama.

He's certainly not more corrupt than Obama.  They both shamelessly attack their political opponents using state power, and do so outside the law.

Dude, you really going to say the President of the United States is "more corrupt" than shirtless Vlad the KGB thug? C'mon man! You're way better than that!

The difference between Vlad the KGB thug and Obama is that Vlad loves his country.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on September 05, 2013, 11:49:48 PM
The difference between Vlad the KGB thug and Obama is that Vlad loves his country.
No he doesn't, he loves POWER. He's been either President or Premier going back to the Clinton Administration.  Does that sound like love of country or love of power?
And just how do you become President & pass a health care bill that is helping millions & not love your country?
Do you guys ever stop to think or is the important thing to keep up the attack?

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on September 05, 2013, 11:49:48 PM

Partially true; Vladdy's heart still  aches for the glory days of the Soviet Union.  Ironically, that's something he probably has in common with the Bolshevik currently contaminating the White House.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on September 05, 2013, 11:58:28 PM
No he doesn't, he loves POWER. He's been either President or Premier going back to the Clinton Administration.  Does that sound like love of country or love of power?
And just how do you become President & pass a health care bill that is helping millions & not love your country?
Do you guys ever stop to think or is the important thing to keep up the attack?

Who the fuck are you, Valerie Jarrett?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 05, 2013, 11:40:18 AM
This is amusing

She posts in this thread. I'm sure that our brave soldier would be as gung ho for military action if Bush was in the White House. ::)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 05, 2013, 05:50:04 PM
I take exception here sir. I voted for him twice and I fully believe Syria will be a complete disaster for the U.S. if we get involved.

While I wouldn't call him a thug (I posit this is utter hyperbole), but I would say he's completely in the pocket of the elites, just like every other damn president since at least LBJ. My disappointment with Mr Obama and his administration is beyond description. Unfortunately, electing an out-of-touch, self-absorbed, multi-millionaire was no option either. Apparently no one really has the American people's interest at heart.

What part of "not our country" don't these idiots get? We have plenty enough problems here in the U.S. that require serious attention before we should worry about anyplace else. The government should never risk our best and brightest (soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen) unless there is a real and dire threat to our country. To do otherwise is the exact opposite of patriotism in my opinion.

It's good to see that some people have a single standard. That's more than you can say for more than a few people in both political parties.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 06, 2013, 12:00:55 AM

Partially true; Vladdy's heart still  aches for the glory days of the Soviet Union.  Ironically, that's something he probably has in common with the Bolshevik currently contaminating the White House.

To quote; partially true. Putin is in hock to the Russian mafia, and they are far more in control than many would like to believe. They're so integral to how Russia works it's accepted. Oh, and Obama isn't a Bolshevik...far from it. Any reason why you didn't call him a Menshevik?

Juan

Quote from: NowhereInTime on September 05, 2013, 11:35:50 PM
"Crook" & "thug" who's used the IRS to "go after" people.  Like who? When?
Have you really not followed the IRS scandal for the past couple of months?  Or are you parsing the above sentence in some way?

As for Obama being a thug, the behavior of community organizers, union organizers, etc. are all somewhat thuggish.  Threaten action against the opponent and watch the opponent fold.  I think this method is not working for Obama in foreign policy.

7 of the 9 rebel armies in Syria are on friendly terms with, or are under the umbrella of, al-Qaeda (so not exactly 15-25% as John Kerry would have us believe).  The Obama administration has been arming them with weapons left over from Libya and helping them organize a coalition with Libya and Turkey and who knows who all else.  Which is in following with his support of the Moslem Brotherhood in Egypt, and al-Qaeda in Libya before that.  Clearly Obama has thrown in with the Sunni branch of Radical Islam (remember when people were insisting that not only was Obama not a Muslim, it didn't matter that he was a little overinvested in them?).

The answer to the question cui bono - who benefits - from using gas on civilians in Syria after Obama told the world that was a 'red line' is these same al-Qaeda affiliated rebels and foreign fighters. They are hoping to provide cover for Obama to draw us in on their side

These 'rebel' have committed and continue to commit war crimes - executions of men women and children in villages in areas that have traditionally supported Assad.  Setting up Sharia enclaves and killing, torturing and terrorizing civilians there.  Capturing Christian villages and burning them down.  Any number of other atrocities.  They've created millions of refugees.  Yet Obama is heavily invested in these groups. 

Over the years, he and Kerry (and Hilary Clinton before him at State) have demonstrated their willingness to tell any lie - neither has any credibility, nor deserves the benefit of the doubt now.  So Kerry is going around telling people they have 'undisputable' evidence that Assad unleashed the gas, and that the terrorist portion of the rebels is 'only' 15-25%.  The 15-25% is an obvious lie, and no one has yet given a good reason for why Assad would attack with gas. 

Now, since we are in sequestration, Kerry is telling us the Arabs are going to pay for the war.  There is nothing these people won't say.  Much of the problem is they know their collaborators in the Media won't call them on any of this.

What is with this rush to war?  I've really never seen anything quite like it for what is being sold as lobbing  few missiles.  When Clinton took out an aspirin factory in the Sudan, and when he blew up a few tents in Afghanistan, he just did it and that was that.

Something is going on here, and it is really starting to smell.  I hereby authorize Obama to attack the al-Qaeda terrorist rebel camps and checkpoints with missiles and drones, and that's it.  They are the people in Syria that are our enemies and no one else.  It is in our national interest to make sure they do not take over.  If we are to do anything, it should be to degrade their capability to fight and remove them from the battlefield.  Unfortunately, these are Obamas friends in the conflict.

Obama needs to go.  I suggest he resign and seek asylum next time he goes abroad on one of his $100 million dollar taxpayer funded family 'vacations'. 

It's shameful McCain, Goober Graham, and some of the other Rs are going along with this.  They are supposed to be the opposing party and oppose the worst ideas the other side comes up with, and explain why in clear terms.  Not be accessories to it.  They need to also resign, or be challenged in primaries and/or the general elections next time they run. 

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 06, 2013, 12:44:32 AM
It's good to see that some people have a single standard. That's more than you can say for more than a few people in both political parties.

Thank you, Nucky. As the song goes, I try to be honest, try to be kind and honestly leave when I know that it's time.

Chechnya is not that far from Syria.  With all the trouble the Russians have had with the Islamists there and bordering Muslim areas within Russia, it's not a surprise they don't wish to see an Islamic state in nearby Syria.

With all the common interests* we have with Putin and Russia, I don't understand this need to intentionally antagonize them.  Unless it's part of Obama's plan to be as destructive to US interests as possible.

* Major common interests include Islamic terrorism, nuclear weapons and proliferation, the rise in China's military aggression.  The next level is a general peace in Europe and Central Asia, trade and the world economy, the natural resources and potential shipping lanes and military presence in the Arctic, the environmental disasters left over from the Soviet Union..

After starting out well with Yeltsin (and even the final years of Gorbachev), from Clinton to Bush and now Obama, we've really blown an opportunity to be on good terms with the Russians.  I don't get it.

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 06, 2013, 05:51:11 AM
Thank you, Nucky. As the song goes, I try to be honest, try to be kind and honestly leave when I know that it's time.

I also agree with the jist of your post, although we disagree on the relative merits of Obama and Romney (and even then, neither of us care much for either of them)

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 05, 2013, 08:09:00 PM
And we wouldn't have to wonder where his allegiances are.
That's right, we wouldn't.  We would know that 53% of us would receive the best he had to give, until his magical underpants guided us all to Kolob, with our dogs strapped to the roof of our Godly spaceships.  Once there, we would be greeted by binders full of women, that we might marry one or more of them.  We would have many offspring, because contraception of any sort would be almost impossible to procur - and don't even think about abortion, that's a non-starter. We would name these many children in fine Republican tradition - names like Trig, Hat, Boot, Mitzy, Tad, Biff, Muffler, Glove.  For a while, we would welcome others to Kolob, but then we would build a giant space wall to keep others out, and demonize the ones we had previously welcomed, threatening to eject them (or better yet, encouraging them to eject themselves!) into the vacuum of space if they didn't start acting (and looking) more like us.

Yep, knew what we had in that great man for sure.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 06, 2013, 05:51:30 AM

After starting out well with Yeltsin (and even the final years of Gorbachev), from Clinton to Bush and now Obama, we've really blown an opportunity to be on good terms with the Russians.  I don't get it.

I do. The Russians (generally speaking, those that hold power)  are evil, back-stabbing, vile pigs. And trust me, that`s being generous.

Oops! Did I just say that? Why, yes, I believe I DID.

Juan

I've heard a rumor that Warren Buffet is invested in a company that wants to build an oil pipeline across Syria to deliver Iraqi oil directly to the Mediterranean.
No blood for oil!!!

kf5iwe

As a lifelong proponent of the "Bomb them all let God sort them out" theory, I am against the upcoming action in Syria. I cant believe I am saying this give peace a chance. Only Vladimir Putin can save us now

aldousburbank

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 06, 2013, 04:53:57 AM
Have you really not followed the IRS scandal for the past couple of months?  Or are you parsing the above sentence in some way?
Parsing, does that involve gerbils?  I'll look it up. In the meantime, all I know is that The Man's lies are getting old, but he tells them so good.