• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Microsoft 'Retires' Ballmer - Stock Soars

Started by stevesh, August 24, 2013, 05:17:02 PM

stevesh

If anyone asks me, I would say, 'Keep Ballmer and fire whoever manages Microsoft's advertising'. I saw a TV ad today for 'Bing For Schools':

(http://www.scroogled.com/schools) which seemed lame and aimed toward older Boomers, compared to the iPhone ad I saw a half-hour later:

(http://www.apple.com/iphone/videos/) which seemed a lot more hip and modern and intended to attract younger, tech-savvy customers.

McPhallus

It's not just Monkey Boy and their bad marketing.... MS just does NOT get mobile and never has.  Pocket PC was decent, but they kept the same UI for almost a decade.  No one bought the Tablet PC.  Zune was nice but came out way too late.  Windows Mobile is a flop.  And now those crappy tablets have already gotten a huge price drop and $900M write off.

Recently bought a laptop w/ W8, hated it. Bought a copy of W7 and loaded that , now the computer has lost all the drivers for USB, Ethernet and I can't get online with it to register and to update.I have gone online w/this 'puter the Toshiba site and downloaded all the Toshiba 'tweaks'. I have one of those USB transfer cables  hoping I can deposit the 'firmware' the Toshiba needs from the files on my Asus. Both Asus and Toshiba have AMD APU's. Just not sure if the Toshiba will connect up .I never realized that the drivers for the ports was not carried on the windows OS.

Tinfoil Hat

Rumors I hear from people in the industry are that Microsoft is going to continue to force Windows 8 on users, popular opinion be damned. I'm running Windows 7 right now which isn't bad, but still has me missing my lamented XP. Here's to hoping with Ballmer gone they'll re-think this stupid strategy.

onan

I have 8 on one of my computers. I hate it. One time I reverted a computer from vista to XP, I ended up having to add a video and sound card to get the computer to work... I hate microsoft. But the boxes are cheap enough to counter my disdain.

I use Iobit's app "Start Menu 8". mostly gives me a feel of windows 7.