• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Galaxy Note II?

Started by Flaxen Hegemony, July 19, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

I'd waited long enough for Google and Verizon to play nice and give us another Nexus phone, so yesterday I upgraded my Galaxy Nexus to the Galaxy Note II. 

Any thoughts on this phone?  Advice on configuration or any "gotchas" to watch out for?

Although I've been using it for exactly four hours, so far I like it.  I miss the clean Google UI from the Nexus, but oh well.  I was worried that size might be a problem, but it was quickly comfortable (that's what she...).

One cool thing I was able to do was buy the phone as a upgrade on a second line.  Then, instead of moving my old SIM card from the Galaxy Nexus to the Note II, I called Verizon and had them assign the SIM that came with the new phone to my main number (yeah, apparently, you can have TWO SIM cards linked to one number.. didn't know that).  Anyway, cut to chase... end result is that the new SIM and new phone doesn't trip the "bzzz.. you lose your unlimited data" penalty, so I get upgrade pricing on the phone, but also get to keep my precious unlimited data plan.  Normally, I'd have to pay full retail to keep that plan.

But who knows... Verizon might cap my data when they look over my phone ID's and SIMs.  Although I did nothing illegal, now would probably be an excellent time to NOT need customer support for the next year or so.   ;D

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on July 19, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

But who knows... Verizon might cap my data when they look over my phone ID's and SIMs.  Although I did nothing illegal, now would probably be an excellent time to NOT need customer support for the next year or so.   ;D

I think after a certain amount of monthly bandwidth, they make your downloads move painfully slow.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 20, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

I think after a certain amount of monthly bandwidth, they make your downloads move painfully slow.

Even with the unlimited data?  I though unlimited was still no-cap, which is the reason why it is so precious and users want to keep it.  If they slap a cap onto unlimited, there's no point in sneaking around the upgrades.  If true, good to know for the future.

Still liking the GN2 today, although I really am starting to miss the Nexus user interface.  I mean, the Samsung one is functional, but also just kinda... lame?   Nexus is pure beauty.