• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 06, 2014, 03:21:43 PM
It would bring me joy if some meaningful authority or organization actually created The United Federation of Planets.  Dream big!  Maybe if we Earthers collectively signed on to a manifesto declaring our part and joint stewardship in the galaxy, we might inspire a new generation of scientists, explorers and dreamers.

Oh, I know, we'd be the only signee of a high-falutin' and mostly meaningless document, but, damnit, isn't it about time we start boldly going where no man has gone before?

That would be our local Angel Tips Nail Salon on $12 mani pedi day. The local gents know to stay away in droves.  ;)

Heather Wade

It would bring me joy if some meaningful authority or organization actually created The United Federation of Planets.  Dream big!  Maybe if we Earthers collectively signed on to a manifesto declaring our part and joint stewardship in the galaxy, we might inspire a new generation of scientists, explorers and dreamers.

Oh, I know, we'd be the only signee of a high-falutin' and mostly meaningless document, but, damnit, isn't it about time we start boldly going where no man has gone before?

Hell yeah. 

BobGrau

(sigh) Thing is, we're the Klingons.

Chine

Quote from: BobGrau on October 06, 2014, 08:21:45 PM
(sigh) Thing is, we're the Klingons.

My BFF is a Klingon.

Seriously. We worked at Star Trek: The Experience (part of the franchise) together. I have a pic of the both of us somewhere when I was a Vulcan there. She was the only female Klingon there.

paladin1991

If you are gonna dream...dream big Westie.

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on October 07, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
https://www.thedodo.com/cat-tracks-down-elderly-owner--753476753.html

That story was great bateman.  You have a knack for posting fascinating links.

Searching, hoping, and imagining a better place to live... this brings me joy.   

Quote from: bateman on October 07, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
https://www.thedodo.com/cat-tracks-down-elderly-owner--753476753.html

So happy they let her keep her cat. There isn't a story about a pet finding its owner that I don't like, but this had the perfect happy ending.

aldousburbank

My first grandson, born this morning.  :)

[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

Congratulations! What's that hombre's nombre Tio aldous?

bateman

bateman

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 08, 2014, 08:13:17 PM
That story was great bateman.  You have a knack for posting fascinating links.

Searching, hoping, and imagining a better place to live... this brings me joy.   

Every once in a while you need a break from Ebola.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2014, 12:54:04 PM
Congratulations, Gramps.  Beautiful baby...I take it he favors Grandma  ;).

Congratulations, Grandpa. Gorgeous baby!

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on October 09, 2014, 01:04:07 PM
Congratulations! What's that hombre's nombre Tio aldous?
Megele Antonio, Numero Tres

What an awesome young gentleman!!
Congratulations, aldous.   :)

aldousburbank

Thanks everyone. I've been awake and traveled a thousand miles since the lunar eclipse so...
I'm kind of stupit right now but grateful, and in awe of life and stuff.

Congrats, Aldous!  Wish I could be there when you hand out the "cigars."  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Circle of life keeps going round buddy. Best wishes to all concerned.

Avi

[attachimg=1]
Mazel tov. May he bring you much joy.

paladin1991

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 09, 2014, 01:40:34 PM
Megele Antonio, Numero Tres
Hey waitaminute!  I thought you were gonna name him after me!  You know, to give him every chance in this life.

maureen

[attachimg=1]
felicidades, Abuelo Aldous!! a beautiful baby!!

steelbot

[attachimg=1]
Awesome - Congrats - born on Eclipse day?

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 11, 2014, 11:37:04 PM
24 hrs after. : )

Then I'm glad you didn't name your child Moon Unit Zappa :D.

Seriously, congratulations.

aldousburbank

Now and for a large portion of my life I have lived and worked with friends who are Mexican Natives, meaning non-mestizo, traditional Native Americans, from Mexico- Indian People, whatever.
AnYwhoo... They love to talk to each other, and to their family back home on their phones and so, all day and into the evening I get to hear their sing-songy, cute, and unusually syncopated Uto-Aztecan dialect, which pretty much makes me feel happy like a kid. Old school. Memories.

jazmunda

Congratulations mate. I have a 7 week old daughter. Perhaps we can organize an arranged marriage to join our two houses.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2014, 09:43:05 PM
Congratulations mate. I have a 7 week old daughter. Perhaps we can organize an arranged marriage to join our two houses.
That's a long hallway, but ok!

Hanging out in the hot tub in November.