• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

OR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 21, 2014, 10:03:57 AM
That's going to be one intimidating Glock.

When the trigger is pulled, a BANG! flag extends like a Laugh-In skit.

The burglar is so distracted I'm able to drop and execute a spinning sweep kick.

Then I tie him up and take him to Steve Buscemi Nucky for permanent disposal.

It's a mean Glock and yet easy on ammunition.

Noticed a typo in the post above. Correction:
OR OA

VA2

1) Tabasco sauce.
     I am an addict for sure, for over one hundred years now.
2) Tabasco history, since 1868.
3) Avery Island where it is made.
4) Tabasco's secretive family cabal.

Perhaps the most  enjoyable work environment I've encountered, except perhaps when helping those white chaps in White Chapel! (I simply looked at the guilty party and whistled, while he was ~in the act~.)

60 Minutes aired a small reveal on Tabasco.  It caught the attention of the NSA, CIA, and FBI, but the general public seemed to ignore it. Perhaps too busy playing games on their mobile phones. What is the real secret being kept on Avery Island?

If the producers of True Detective have any brains, they will tie Avery Island into the series. The island has such a good feel to it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-journey-to-the-island-where-tabasco-is-made/

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on January 17, 2014, 09:24:50 PM
I should really do this. I'm pretty high strung.
Hell, Bateman, just do "Hearts of Space."  If you're not comatose in 5 minutes, just give it up.
MST3K Pod People - Hearts of Space

SJP

Speaking of killing time with games. This free adobe flash game brings me joy:

http://wizardofodds.com/play/roulette/

BobGrau

Getting a mostly-unexpected tax rebate almost equal to 2 months wages didn't suck. I think I might just skip the foreplay and spend it on rehab.

Chine

Cafe Sketching. As a working artist, I keep my sketchbook on me wherever I go. I love sketching in cafés. Here's one I did in the morning of the Belmont. A 'California Chrome' doodle. Well, he's sideways... just tilt your head as I can't seem to get it rotated.

Gd5150

Coffee. Weather I grind it and brew it. Grab it from a Starbucks etc... Or get a good gas station coffee like ampm or 711. Doesn't matter I love it all. It truly makes me happy. Even when it's 100 out.

jazmunda

My wife makes cool things that go on top of cakes. Her cakes aren't too bad either.

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on September 03, 2014, 11:30:28 PM
My wife makes cool things that go on top of cakes. Her cakes aren't too bad either.

How sweet and lovely.

jazmunda

Quote from: Chine on September 04, 2014, 08:49:47 AM
How sweet and lovely.

It was for my daughters 3rd birthday. An excellent likeness. ;)

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

That's adorable, Jaz. Your wife is so talented! And happy birthday even if belated to the little one who, from the looks of the little pink cake girl, must be a real cutie.
herself.

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

Ok. What does she use to mold and sculpt it ? Not polymer clay but isn't it some sugary dough..(eh crap. Can't think of what it is). I watched one of those shows once...Cake Boss.
Either way, it's really neat.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Chine on September 03, 2014, 09:06:47 PM
Cafe Sketching. As a working artist, I keep my sketchbook on me wherever I go. I love sketching in cafés. Here's one I did in the morning of the Belmont. A 'California Chrome' doodle. Well, he's sideways... just tilt your head as I can't seem to get it rotated.

The drawing looks very good, and the cappuccino next to it looks dee-lish.

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 03, 2014, 09:57:09 PM
Coffee. Weather I grind it and brew it. Grab it from a Starbucks etc... Or get a good gas station coffee like ampm or 711. Doesn't matter I love it all. It truly makes me happy. Even when it's 100 out.

Glad I am not alone, I have been brewing espresso nearly everyday this summer.  I believe that is what is keeping me alive through these dark times.

And... my new job is challenging, but when people say they are glad they called and that I helped them with a complicated and/ or difficult problem I am as close as I can get to happy.

Quote from: Chine on September 04, 2014, 04:29:40 PM
Ok. What does she use to mold and sculpt it ? Not polymer clay but isn't it some sugary dough..(eh crap. Can't think of what it is). I watched one of those shows once...Cake Boss.
Either way, it's really neat.

I wallow in cooking and baking shows. I'm guessing it's fondant.

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 04, 2014, 05:08:57 PM
I wallow in cooking and baking shows. I'm guessing it's fondant.

[artbellsoundboard]Ding Ding Ding.[/artbellsoundboard]

I LOVE being creative in a good coffee shop!  Something about the smells, sounds, ambience -- I do some of my best writing in a favorite coffee shop at 6:30 in the morning....

Chine

1. Curling up on the couch with my husband and the dogs after a busy work day.
2. Laughing with good friends.
3. A good, much needed hug.
4. Slipping into a nap during a rainy day.

It's all over the internet and everyone's probably seen it 10 times over, but Dinky the spoiled Great Dane just cracks me up. And so does his owner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOmKpQeqw6U

"It's Ro Ro's turn to get luvvies".

b_dubb

that
dog
is
HUGE

Ro Ro can have whatever he wants. Just don't let him eat me.

Chine

There seems to be this wave of misery and quick reactionary thought to what annoys, bothers or rattles us. Not just in a forum but this heaviness on everyone. Interesting that it's easier for us to immediately think of that which creates disharmony in self and at others. Certainly there is much up against our spirit, mental health... Life. But I truly find joy that I can and have those near me who, while suffering can muddle through it with options of joy. Easily blinded at times, and even in silliness or humor (not at the expense of others ).not being preachy at all but reflecting on it as I feel there's so much of it these days. Is it difficult to celebrate that which does not annoy us? Is it nor work or are a blanket of tiredness? A pushing through whatever it may be.

What brings me joy is that even the darkest despair about to linger. A sudden death of a friend, a mean look or words, I find it effortless to direct my thought and choices to the positive.

paladin1991

I remember the satisfaction of a cup of coffee in one hand and a radio in the other.  The air strikes coming in like clockwork as the artillery strike subsides.  The CIF's standing off waiting for their chance to slide in like ungainly bumble bees.

Ahh, fucking danger close.  I just never felt so alive as when I was so at risk.

aldousburbank

[attachimg=1]
My littlest dude turned 11 years old today. He is so far ahead of where I was at his age that it makes me wonder what kind of far out world our downlines might cultivate if we grown ups don't waste it for them.

b_dubb

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on October 06, 2014, 09:55:34 AM
Happy birthday Littlest Dude
Yeah, he's pretty much too cool for school but we send him anyway.

paladin1991

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 06, 2014, 10:07:21 AM
Yeah, he's pretty much too cool for school but we send him anyway.
Yeah, you know.

maureen

Happy birthday to the young dude in the golden light of hope-- a fine songline!!

It would bring me joy if some meaningful authority or organization actually created The United Federation of Planets.  Dream big!  Maybe if we Earthers collectively signed on to a manifesto declaring our part and joint stewardship in the galaxy, we might inspire a new generation of scientists, explorers and dreamers.

Oh, I know, we'd be the only signee of a high-falutin' and mostly meaningless document, but, damnit, isn't it about time we start boldly going where no man has gone before?

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 06, 2014, 09:51:07 AM
[attachimg=1]
My littlest dude turned 11 years old today. He is so far ahead of where I was at his age that it makes me wonder what kind of far out world our downlines might cultivate if we grown ups don't waste it for them.

Well, happy birthday to the cool little dude! Eleven is a perfect age!