• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 27, 2013, 06:43:42 PM
My wife and I are splitting up after 15+; the notion that I may ever be romantically truly happy again seems...  (long, long pause with no clear answer to offer).
Ahh, westie, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I lost the love of my life to an accident many years ago.  I've always known that I will never feel anything close to what we shared, and I'm content with that. I've grown to cherish my solitude, and frankly prefer it most of the time.  I'm alone by choice, but never lonely. 

Of course, your situation is quite different, having a marriage dissolve in a sea of unhappiness.  For what it's worth, maybe that means you haven't found your soul mate yet.  If that's what your heart desires, I believe you will be romantically happy again in time.   And, as you said, you will be a better partner when that time comes.   

I'm sad that this is happening to you at the start of the holiday season.  Take good care of you, be gentle with yourself, give yourself time and permission to grieve, and to heal. 

Doing  Thanksgiving dinner prep cooking and baking. I'm in the Zone. Jack Daniel's honey bourbon is helping keep me in the zone.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 27, 2013, 07:21:08 PM
Shout! Factory's announcement of the Spring 2014 DVD release of Mystery Science Theater 3000's skewering of The Puma Man.

I rejoice at the news!

My wife and I are splitting up after 15+; the notion that I may ever be romantically truly happy again seems...  (long, long pause with no clear answer to offer)

I'm so sorry. That's never easy, more so during the holidays. I don't have the eloquence to say the right thing, but hope you find peace within.

HorrorRetro

Congratulations on (nearly) 20 happy years.  :)

My wife and I are splitting up after 15+; the notion that I may ever be romantically truly happy again seems...  (long, long pause with no clear answer to offer).

I can't say it any better than LV did, but I wanted to say hang in there and take care of yourself.

Heather Wade

Congratulations on (nearly) 20 happy years.  :)

Well, at least I know what to avoid the next time around.  I'll better know my own needs, my own weaknesses; I'll be better in many ways....

Sorry to reveal so much personal information here, folks... you can all just look away and go about your day.  And I don't mean that in a passive-aggressive somebody-tell-me-it'll-all-be-okay sort of way.

There is never a good time of year to lose your love.  Start spoiling yourself in little ways, they add up to one big smile at day's end.

Well, at least I know what to avoid the next time around.  I'll better know my own needs, my own weaknesses; I'll be better in many ways....
I'm sorry to hear that.

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 06:49:19 PM
When you meet someone and things just click!

Ah shucks. I thought we were going to keep that to ourselves.  :-*

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on November 28, 2013, 12:04:45 AM
Ah shucks. I thought we were going to keep that to ourselves.  :-*
well what can I say, Eddie loves my dreamy eyes, and you're tasty aussie accent, if we could just pull a Weird Science and create a guy for the ladies around here we're off to a good start!

jazmunda

It was my daughter's 5th birthday and my wife made this awesome cake.

Nova

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2013, 01:06:32 AM
It was my daughter's 5th birthday and my wife made this awesome cake.

Nice!

To Lonevoice, Horror Retro, Redacted, and MindFlayerMonk, and Unscreened Caller, thank you all so much for your kind words and advice.  Yes, this event taking place during the holidays is especially tough; it sure brings new meaning to that Joni Mitchell Christmas song:  "I wish I had a river, I could skate away on...."  My biggest concern is the impact things will have on our daughter who is 12.  She is bright, sweet, creative, and sensitive.  Our goal is to keep things as human, as drama-less as possible. 

Again, thank you all -- you're all very kind.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 02, 2013, 05:49:05 PM
To Lonevoice, Horror Retro, Redacted, and MindFlayerMonk, and Unscreened Caller, thank you all so much for your kind words and advice.  Yes, this event taking place during the holidays is especially tough; it sure brings new meaning to that Joni Mitchell Christmas song:  "I wish I had a river, I could skate away on...."  My biggest concern is the impact things will have on our daughter who is 12.  She is bright, sweet, creative, and sensitive.  Our goal is to keep things as human, as drama-less as possible. 

If you can mate; get busy over Christmas. I know it's easier said than done. Sending PM.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 02, 2013, 05:49:05 PM

This is rough for everyone, but you both have your priorities right, keeping things drama-less for your daughter. Hang in there, one day even one minute at a time.

Thanks, guys.... you're right, Unscreened, one minute at a time is probably the way to go.  Some days feel just fine; then, half an hour later, I am convinced the sky is falling.  This too shall pass, I suppose.

Heather Wade

It will.  If there's anything I know about, it's overcoming the odds stacked against me.

Agree with The 'Pud, that being busy is very good medicine.  Sometimes even that can be hard, so start small if you have to.  One of my favorite expressions by Confucious, he said:  "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

In times like this, it may be hard to stay on task.  Make lists for everything, and refer to them often, as you go about your day.  It is a small thing that takes a great deal of pressure off.  On one of your lists, plan something awesome for yourself each night, something that will really make you smile.  Idk, just sharing how I get through stuff. 

A little comfort food in moderation never hurts!   ;D

jazmunda

Both my kids graduated today.

I was so proud.

My eldest from Pre-School. My youngest from daycare.

#longwaytogo

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on December 03, 2013, 04:10:24 AM
Both my kids graduated today.

I was so proud.

My eldest from Pre-School. My youngest from daycare.

#longwaytogo

Nice going man... a bit of advice... the graduations keep costing more.

Quote from: onan on December 03, 2013, 04:28:25 AM
Nice going man... a bit of advice... the graduations keep costing more.

Ha!  True dat...   :(

But it all works out.  They take care of you when you're too old to do it yourself, right?  Right?   ;)

onan

Quote from: Treading Water on December 03, 2013, 05:50:47 AM

But it all works out.  They take care of you when you're too old to do it yourself, right?  Right?   ;)

*crickets*

BobGrau

Quote from: Treading Water on December 03, 2013, 05:50:47 AM

9/11 Changed Everything.

jazmunda

My wife is so talented. She made this cake for my daughter's 5th birthday party

Today, Championship Saturday in College Football. I have cleared my calendar and am just watching football all day.
Already a great game going on between Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.

My picks:
Missouri, Ohio State, Florida State (Duke covers spread), Baylor, Arizona State.

1 for 5. I'm glad I didn't place any bets.

Juan

Last night, I went to the local Publix (supermarket).  At this time of year, there's always a Salvation Army tinkler outside.  Last night the tinkler was joined by 4 early teen girls playing Christmas carols on clarinets.  They were actually good, more or less in tune, and squeaked very little.  A lot of people were standing around, listening and smiling.
Merry Christmas, even to you atheists, agnostics and general foul-humored individuals. All of the vaguely loveable.

Sambo

Scoring over 150 at 10-pin. I love to bowl. Love it!

A check came in the mail today from a small independent publisher/editor putting together a Lovecraft mythos anthology.

Compared to Dallas Cowboy's Tony Romo's 11 million per year, my check is nonexistent.

But it's sure as fuck more honest.

That satisfying fact and my check will only buy me a good pair of shoes, but still . . . it does bring me great joy.

www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php

Raekwon McMillan committing to tOhio State University

McPhallus

The ridiculous number of free meals available during the holidays.  I've had no fewer than six over the past two weeks from my job and the apartment complex where I live.

God, I'll be happy when this page of the thread no longer opens with the news of my impending divorce.  I don't need any reminders....