• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Morgus

Just sounded like Dave said callers  on hold includes James Cameron?

Somebody book this caller for a show.  I can't believe Dave cut the caller off like that.  This could have been good.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 28, 2014, 01:50:13 AM
Caller has watched way too much Star Trek.  Galactic Federation!   ::)

I caught about 20 minutes of callers too...lots of nutcases.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 28, 2014, 04:59:57 AM
I caught about 20 minutes of callers too...lots of nutcases.

No kidding--it must have been phone night at the asylum.

Loved the one kook who claimed Christ was an alien and His Second Coming will essentially be an alien invasion, complete with motherships and all.

So I guess that means the Lord will be conducting an orbital bombardment of the Antichrist and his forces at Armageddon.

Quote from: PerfectTommy on June 28, 2014, 07:06:10 AM
No kidding--it must have been phone night at the asylum.

Loved the one kook who claimed Christ was an alien and His Second Coming will essentially be an alien invasion, complete with motherships and all.

So I guess that means the Lord will be conducting an orbital bombardment of the Antichrist and his forces at Armageddon.

It may have been the third hour, I forget, but the lady from Canada finally came to terms with 'lights' that follow her at night.. It was bizarre and you could tell she was having a very public moment. I felt for her, in a sense. Especially when Dave cut her off and went to commercial. For some reason I get a sense he spoke to her DURING commercial because of how emotional she sounded. BUt who knows.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 28, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
It may have been the third hour, I forget, but the lady from Canada finally came to terms with 'lights' that follow her at night.. It was bizarre and you could tell she was having a very public moment. I felt for her, in a sense. Especially when Dave cut her off and went to commercial. For some reason I get a sense he spoke to her DURING commercial because of how emotional she sounded. BUt who knows.

Wow. I don't rememeber that one. For one, I was listening at work during a busy Friday night. Second, there were so many of these weird callers, practically one after another, they all just sorted of melded together.

All I can recall now is the incessant yammering about the Galactic Confederation, or whatever it's called.

Nebraska888

I enjoyed Friday night!  Schrader is starting to relax and show that he is fully capable of taking over Coast. 

AvDaBr

The Conjuring Case
Sat 07-05

Andrea Perron is the oldest child of the Perron family that was featured in the hit horror movie, The Conjuring. She'll join Dave Schrader (email) to discuss her real life experiences she and her family encountered in a disturbingly haunted house - detailing the true story that inspired one of the scariest horror movies in the last 20 years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might be a really good show.  I confess to knowing nothing about this case, and I didn't see the movie.

basswood

Quote from: AvDaBr on July 05, 2014, 05:27:54 PM
This might be a really good show.  I confess to knowing nothing about this case, and I didn't see the movie.

This might be the first time I will tune in to a non-Knapp show in quite a while (probably since Ian Punnet stepped away). I've not heard Shrader before so I'll keep my expectations low. This was an Ed and Lorraine Warren "case" that transpired over years but the movie compacts it all very effectively into a week or so if I remember right, and it was probably one of the best modern horror movies I can think of.

Nebraska888

Quote from: basswood on July 05, 2014, 07:28:31 PM
This might be the first time I will tune in to a non-Knapp show in quite a while (probably since Ian Punnet stepped away). I've not heard Shrader before so I'll keep my expectations low. This was an Ed and Lorraine Warren "case" that transpired over years but the movie compacts it all very effectively into a week or so if I remember right, and it was probably one of the best modern horror movies I can think of.

I'm listening to SIT....and ready for a good program with Schrader!   :)

yumyumtree

If you want some entertaining reading, read the 1-star amazon reviews of Andrea Perron's trilogy. I wasn't familiar with the case either, but it seems that there might be other reasons that they didnt stick closely to her book for the movie.

basswood

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 06, 2014, 12:34:37 AM
If you want some entertaining reading, read the 1-star amazon reviews of Andrea Perron's trilogy. I wasn't familiar with the case either, but it seems that there might be other reasons that they didnt stick closely to her book for the movie.

Yeah, I love mean Amazon reviews :) and apparently she almost sunk the movie before it even began with that book, she ought to be thrilled that Lorraine Warren opened her case file to the producers. Listening to her on c2c tonight, she sounds very well practiced and rehearsed now at telling us all about herself and her spiritual philosophies. This seems to be one case where the movie is much better than the/her truth.

BattyBrooke

Are you guys listening to this lying cunt on C2C right now?! She is totally bashing Ed and Lorraine Warren! Ed isn't even alive to defend himself from this SLANDER and Lorraine is elderly and shouldn't have to deal with such fuckery! This guest's story was compelling and scarier than the movie but she's lost all credibility for me with these cheap shots at the Warrens. How fucking dare she!!!!!

BattyBrooke

I still love Dave Schrader to pieces though. He still rocks. It's her face I'd like to curb stomp.

onan

Quote from: onan on July 06, 2014, 05:32:50 AM
God, I love you.
Indeed.. love abounds.
A decent show last night from Schrader.. reminded me of an old school Art Bell interview.. controverial guest, tough questions, and effective use of the Thunder commercial break .wav sound file.
Nonetheless, the Warren bashing was interesting.. they are a controversial couple.
Dave handled himself fine last night.

yumyumtree

I didnt stay up late enough for the part about the Warrens. But there were too many similarities with the Amityville case for me to trust her. Also, it kind of rubbed my fur the wrong way when she stressed what a"God-loving" family they were. People bragging about their Godliness can be a red flag.
Does anybody who stayed up later than me remember if she said what became of the property orif any other residents had problems? If none did, that's another red flag to me. I don't know if I would use the term lying cunt, but something about this woman didnt sit right with me.

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 06, 2014, 08:37:55 AM
Indeed.. love abounds.
A decent show last night from Schrader.. reminded me of an old school Art Bell interview.. controverial guest, tough questions, and effective use of the Thunder commercial break .wav sound file.
Nonetheless, the Warren bashing was interesting.. they are a controversial couple.
Dave handled himself fine last night.

I agree with you 100%  Good program and Schrader was superb.  He is just soooo much better than Noory.  Premiere has GOT to know that Dave would be the perfect regular host.   

RETIRE MR. NOORY!

FallenSeraph

Woke up in the middle of the night and caught some of last night's show. GAWD DAMN it was awesome! I've never heard someone rip the Warrens like that. I'll admit I've always had mixed feelings about their validity, but WOO that woman had some anger issues last night. It figures -- as soon as I cancel my damn C2C Insider subscription, a show comes on that I actually want to LISTEN TO again.

I wish they'd replace Noory with Schrader. Life would be good then. I almost always love his shows, and he's a smart, likable guy.

Nebraska888

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 06, 2014, 01:54:59 AM
Are you guys listening to this lying cunt on C2C right now?! She is totally bashing Ed and Lorraine Warren! Ed isn't even alive to defend himself from this SLANDER and Lorraine is elderly and shouldn't have to deal with such fuckery! This guest's story was compelling and scarier than the movie but she's lost all credibility for me with these cheap shots at the Warrens. How fucking dare she!!!!!

Yes, in the early part of the interview, the guest said some disparaging comments about the Warrens.  However, she must have thought twice or three times about those remarks because later in the interview she was overly complimentary and generous about the Warrens.  She had nothing but WONDERFUL commentary concerning Ed and Lorraine and their work with her family and other families they have helped.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Seraphim27 on July 06, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

I wish they'd replace Noory with Schrader. Life would be good then. I almost always love his shows, and he's a smart, likable guy.

YES....YES......YES.....YES.....YES.....YES.....YES.....YES......PLEASE, YES!!!!   ;D

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 06, 2014, 01:54:59 AM

Harsh in the extreme, and 'lying cunt' is beyond unnecessary. Actually, she went out of her way to defend the Warrens, which is more than I'd be inclined to do. Amityvile alone has always made me suspect them of High Charlatanry. Their involvement in so many extreme cases which just happen to have generated a bunch of Hollywood movies is more than suspicious. I'd apply the same scepticism to Ms Perron generating not one but three books out of the whole shabang. Personally, I always want to shout 'Stop right there!' as soon as pre-pubescent or adolescent girls are mentioned in relation to these cases, which they almost always are. There was some vagueness when Schrader challenged her directly about possible abuse in the home.
But, hey, notice what we're doing here? Discussing the guest and the issues, not the host. Another thoroughly professional outing for Schrader. I thought he handled the whole interview - single guest show, too - with the right blend of sensitivity and scepticism. It always makes me realise that with someone like him at the helm, C2C could once again be the show it was and only serves to further underline the sheer incompetence and cretinous stupidity of Noory. Can you even imagine what that interview would have been in his hands?

wr250

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 06, 2014, 12:55:30 PM
Harsh in the extreme, and 'lying cunt' is beyond unnecessary. Actually, she went out of her way to defend the Warrens, which is more than I'd be inclined to do. Amityvile alone has always made me suspect them of High Charlatanry. Their involvement in so many extreme cases which just happen to have generated a bunch of Hollywood movies is more than suspicious. I'd apply the same scepticism to Ms Perron generating not one but three books out of the whole shabang. Personally, I always want to shout 'Stop right there!' as soon as pre-pubescent or adolescent girls are mentioned in relation to these cases, which they almost always are. There was some vagueness when Schrader challenged her directly about possible abuse in the home.
But, hey, notice what we're doing here? Discussing the guest and the issues, not the host. Another thoroughly professional outing for Schrader. I thought he handled the whole interview - single guest show, too - with the right blend of sensitivity and scepticism. It always makes me realise that with someone like him at the helm, C2C could once again be the show it was and only serves to further underline the sheer incompetence and cretinous stupidity of Noory. Can you even imagine what that interview would have been in his hands?
probably the Einstein 3x5 card, hasnt come up in a while ...

ItsOver

I didn't care for the guest last night.  She sounded too cock-sure of herself and too well rehearsed.

Good Dave is so much better than Bad Dave Noorie.  Wake-up PremRat.  Assign Bad Dave to janitorial duties and move-in Good Dave.  I'll bet Bad Dave Noorie will try some of his underhanded shenanigans with Good Dave next.

pate

It is too easy to speculate about how George could've screwed it up.  He's got dropped calls (highly unlikely, but still there), but more likely conversation de-railments like the "portal" nonsense. 

More probable, since it was a movie that was somewhat being discussed, he'd bring up "Poltergeist" (which would almost be topical), due to his ignorance he'd probably go into the "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" with his 'good friend(s)' Dreyfuss & Garr.  And to stretch it for "Simple Jorch" he might've gone into the "Fourth Kind" movie ref, just to go off topic completely (aliens vs ghosts);  quite a stretch for Jorch that one, but optimism never hurts, a semi-talented host might pull it off...

Of course Jorch could always fall back on the nothing statements of "Of course," "Unbelievable" & "Amazing" leaving the guest to navigate on their own (most likely scenario), last night's probably would have made it an hour or so before running out of steam with Jorch the navy loo-tenant at the helm...

I'd also pay $60 to have Dave Schrader replace Noory...  'cuz:

GNS

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 06, 2014, 12:44:48 PM
Yes, in the early part of the interview, the guest said some disparaging comments about the Warrens.  However, she must have thought twice or three times about those remarks because later in the interview she was overly complimentary and generous about the Warrens.  She had nothing but WONDERFUL commentary concerning Ed and Lorraine and their work with her family and other families they have helped.

She did a 180 AFTER she got all her digs at the Warrens in (during the first 2 1/2 to 3 hours of the show as she mentioned them during more than one occasion, maybe you missed it?) and completely slandered their good name because Dave and I were going back and forth about it DURING the interview. He must've told her during the break she struck a cord with listeners and so she unsuccessfully tried to back pedal but by then the damage was done.
If you'd like to see the convo we had on twitter lastnight (continued this morning) you can check it out in my timeline (@BossyBr00ke) or Dave's timeline (@DarknessRadio). He adamantly defended her. *shrugs*

BattyBrooke

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2014, 01:23:22 PM
I didn't care for the guest last night.  She sounded too cock-sure of herself and too well rehearsed.

Thank God someone on here, other than myself, was able to see through the bullshit. I thought I was the only one wearing malarky filters lastnight.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 06, 2014, 10:09:40 AM
I didnt stay up late enough for the part about the Warrens. But there were too many similarities with the Amityville case for me to trust her. Also, it kind of rubbed my fur the wrong way when she stressed what a"God-loving" family they were. People bragging about their Godliness can be a red flag.
Does anybody who stayed up later than me remember if she said what became of the property orif any other residents had problems? If none did, that's another red flag to me. I don't know if I would use the term lying cunt, but something about this woman didnt sit right with me.

Dave interviewed her on his own show, Darkness Radio, a few months ago and she was completely different. She discussed maybe only 1/10th of what she discussed lastnight and her speech pattern and emotion was completely different, toned down and not manic. There was no mention of all that Godliness and none of that anger or EGO. Makes you wonder...I mean, she IS now trying to sell a book.

WildCard

Quote from: pate on July 06, 2014, 01:33:28 PM
I'd also pay $60 to have Dave Schrader replace Noory...  'cuz:

GNS
Dave Schrader - $60.00

Art Bell - Priceless

George Norry - Snakes venom, (Persian term meaning - worth less than nothing).

Hi Moron,
As much fun as it's been calling you, "Dave", I have to stop now.

The next time you have a medical emergency or, a death in the family, go ahead and take the night off.
I can assure you with absolute certainty - You Will Not Be Missed.
Hell, go ahead and retire already. Don't you have enough money? Or is it the attention you need? Always thought your fascination with 'Psychic Vampires' was telling.

Look yourself in the mirror and say, "George Norry Sucks", three times.

Edit:Stupid 'Post' button!

BattyBrooke

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 06, 2014, 12:55:30 PM
Harsh in the extreme, and 'lying cunt' is beyond unnecessary.

That's how I roll.