• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

bigchucka

Would be funny if as a listener... Ian would call in with a question.  He does have interest in the subject matter...

All these famous people... the evil nature of kids... satanic rituals...  Alex Jones would think this guy was a global elitist.

Dave Schraeder's live chat is imploding right now due to trolls. 

OMG.  Jon Benet's Santa Claus.  It makes sense.

Dave's going to have to have tighter controls on his chat if a lot more people start visiting.

WOTR

I would say it has been a long time since I enjoyed a Coast program this much... but Knapp was hosting last week.  This is nearly as good as Knapp (nearly...)

I cannot believe that I hear the host actually CHALLENGING the guest.  Asking why it could not be other people, pointing out that many killers take "credit" for murders that are not theirs for the notoriety.  Hell, when he asked the guest which tombstone the killer appeared in front of and said it would be interesting if it belonged to somebody else that he was tied to the guest actually responded that "it is something that Edwards would do... but I had not considered that until now."

Can anybody imagine Noory actually giving an investigator an idea or coming up with an angle that he had not thought of?  I have to admit that while I am enjoying the show that I am a little skeptical of some of the claims (180+ murders, the black dahlia case...)

The pictures of him with the Black Dahlia.  Unbelievable.  As Noory says, "There's no such thing as coincidence."  In this case, Noory would be right.  The coincidences are all too obvious.  A future convicted murderer with the Black Dahlia. 

OMG.  He was also the one armed man from The Fugitive in real life too.  He killed Dr. "Kimble's" Shepard's wife.  Really this is so un-freaking-believable.

WOTR

This is not the first time that I have had to rethink the number of people that somebody could have killed.  Providing that there is truth that he was free and killing for over 60 years that is really only 3 people per year on average.  That actually seems a little light for a truly evil man with no remorse.  I suppose that I just have a tough time believing that you can actually kill that number of people over decades and escape detection... but the numbers do actually work...

Foodlion

Quote from: bigchucka on June 01, 2014, 02:15:43 AM
Would be funny if as a listener... Ian would call in with a question.  He does have interest in the subject matter...

All these famous people... the evil nature of kids... satanic rituals...  Alex Jones would think this guy was a global elitist.
Alex would be foaming at the mouth, going into graphic details about it. Makes you wonder if he's getting off to it. Considering that's probably the most common phrase out of his mouth "Their killing our children!" then he probably smacks his lips lol. That dude went from cool to listen to, to a fucking nutcase galore.
I haven't listened to him in probably a year or so, and I feel much better now that I'm not hearing his raging screams over the airwaves.

area51drone

This author is insane.    Have any of you read his website?

http://coldcasecameron.com/killers-timeline/2000-2011/

"2001, May 1, Washington, DC. Forty five years after grooming and killing Elizabeth Short from Hollywood, Edwards targets Chandra Levy, a  24 year old Modesto, California resident. She was working in Washington DC at the Federal Bureau of Prisons"

"2002, December 24th. Modesto, California. Edwards kidnaps Laci Peterson and her unborn son Connor"

Its as if every major murder in the USA was done by Edwards.  I don't think so.

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 04:33:07 AM

Conversely, I find it stunningly likely.

Great show, Dave!

area51drone

The more I listen to this show and read the website, the more this guy seems like one of those people who confessed or tried to confess to many more murders than they actually did, in order to get the recognition.   There are famous cases of other people who have done the same thing - look at least that other guy that "confessed" to killing Adam Walsh.   I'm sure Edwards did kill some people, but not every major case in the country.   Reading his letter to the FBI asking for more money shows how fucking insane he is - he sounds like some of the people on this forum who just ramble on and on and on.    Very Fidgety like.   ::)  I'll give him an emmy for his performance.

I need to go watch the youtube confession now...  but one last comment about the author -  he really reminds me of David Paulides, whose work, IMO, is not well researched and is over extending.   He even sounds a lot like him.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 05:01:21 AM
The more I listen to this show and read the website, the more this guy seems like one of those people who confessed or tried to confess to many more murders than they actually did, in order to get the recognition.  ...
That was my take as well.  It was an interesting show...Shrader's best so far.  It's not difficult to make a bunch of unrelated dots look like something when someone is telling you what image you should see.  Cameron weaves an interesting story, but I also heard him say that there's no hard evidence supporting his premise.  I could make no clear association between the old man at the cemetery and the other vids of Edwards; seemed just a conveniently lo-res shot of an old guy of roughly the same age and shape.  White hair there, but not years later in the TV interview from prison?  And he didn't mug for the camera as seemed to be Edwards' habit.  Cameron has threaded together virtually every sensational murder over 50+ years; murders where massive investigative resources were applied, yet he alone figured all these out?  And most still have strong interest...he sold a lot of books last night.  But plausibility isn't proof.

Dr Who

Well we should not even be listening to him instead we should be listening to Jimmy Church on Art Bells Dark Matter radio network

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 01, 2014, 02:45:11 AM
Dave's going to have to have tighter controls on his chat if a lot more people start visiting.
With his growing Coast exposure, that is sure to happen.  Then, in a year of covering the open nights in GN's weekly sched, he will be fired for not being to popular, but too 'out there.'

paladin1991

Quote from: wotr1 on June 01, 2014, 02:47:47 AM
I would say it has been a long time since I enjoyed a Coast program this much... but Knapp was hosting last week.  This is nearly as good as Knapp (nearly...)

I cannot believe that I hear the host actually CHALLENGING the guest.  Asking why it could not be other people, pointing out that many killers take "credit" for murders that are not theirs for the notoriety.  Hell, when he asked the guest which tombstone the killer appeared in front of and said it would be interesting if it belonged to somebody else that he was tied to the guest actually responded that "it is something that Edwards would do... but I had not considered that until now."

Can anybody imagine Noory actually giving an investigator an idea or coming up with an angle that he had not thought of?  I have to admit that while I am enjoying the show that I am a little skeptical of some of the claims (180+ murders, the black dahlia case...)
That's a great post, brother.  But boil it all down and it comes to this....GNS.

Nebraska888

Great program last night.....Schrader is a skilled interviewer and asks the questions the listeners would ask.  He does his homework.

Nebraska888

Quote from: wotr1 on June 01, 2014, 02:47:47 AM

Agreed.  I know, the 180 murder figure sounds unfathomable.......and yet, as the saying goes:  fact is stranger than fiction

HorrorRetro

Quote from: area51drone on June 01, 2014, 04:33:07 AM
This author is insane.    Have any of you read his website?

http://coldcasecameron.com/killers-timeline/2000-2011/

"2001, May 1, Washington, DC. Forty five years after grooming and killing Elizabeth Short from Hollywood, Edwards targets Chandra Levy, a  24 year old Modesto, California resident. She was working in Washington DC at the Federal Bureau of Prisons"

"2002, December 24th. Modesto, California. Edwards kidnaps Laci Peterson and her unborn son Connor"

Yeah, I was in bed last night, and I'd start to fall asleep and hear this guy claim Edwards was the culprit in yet another high-profile murder, and I'd let out a yell.  I just don't buy it. I plan to read up on it and come to my own conclusions but, as of now, there's no way I'm buying this.  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 01, 2014, 01:56:37 AM
Thank God, Noory didn't do this interview.   Noory would have screwed this one up royally.  He wouldn't have gotten past the Black Dahlia. " Isn't that a flower?  I never heard of black flowers.  Sounds evil. "  GN would intersperse the expected exclamations of "Amazing"  "Incredible" And "Remarkable".
"That's true", "that's so true"

albrecht

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 01, 2014, 11:17:19 AM

Agreed.  I know, the 180 murder figure sounds unfathomable.......and yet, as the saying goes:  fact is stranger than fiction
Yeah, seems unbelievable to me, especially since some of these murders were so high-profile that everyone has heard of them. So a killer trying to get deals or make grandiose brags would know a lot about them. Remember that guy in Texas, name escapes me, who led police around for years to 'find bodies' but many/most were made up? Great story though and I'm going to check out the book.

If the story is true it also calls out our death penalty and legal system since it means we have imprisoned and killed innocent people (or, at least, innocent of the crime they were convicted for.)

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2014, 01:15:06 PM
Yeah, seems unbelievable to me, especially since some of these murders were so high-profile that everyone has heard of them.

It's unbelievable to me that more people haven't figured out who killed Kennedy, and that was pretty high-profile.

QuoteSo a killer trying to get deals or make grandiose brags would know a lot about them. Remember that guy in Texas, name escapes me, who led police around for years to 'find bodies' but many/most were made up?

President Lyndon Baines Johnson.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 01:24:41 PM
It's unbelievable to me that more people haven't figured out who killed Kennedy, and that was pretty high-profile.

President Lyndon Baines Johnson.
I think Edward Wayne Edwards killed Kennedy and he also killed John Lennon- not Stephen King as was previously suspected.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on June 01, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
Yeah, I was in bed last night, and I'd start to fall asleep and hear this guy claim Edwards was the culprit in yet another high-profile murder, and I'd let out a yell.  I just don't buy it. I plan to read up on it and come to my own conclusions but, as of now, there's no way I'm buying this.  ::)

I laughed my ass off when he claimed on his site that Edwards was responsible for local sports editor Kent Heitholt.

yumyumtree

I think that Scott Peterson killed Laci, though I was a bit surprised that he got convicted, , since by the time they found her, nobody could be sure how she died, when she died or even where she died.

That being said, I'm really sorry I missed this guest--he sounds right up my alley. Even if his theories are preposterous, he's from Montana and I love talking about unsolved crimes. I was at a birthday barbecue for somebody in Seattle and got home very late exhausted. Maybe the guest will come back.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: yumyumtree on June 01, 2014, 08:11:24 PM
I think that Scott Peterson killed Laci, though I was a bit surprised that he got convicted, , since by the time they found her, nobody could be sure how she died, when she died or even where she died.

That being said, I'm really sorry I missed this guest--he sounds right up my alley. Even if his theories are preposterous, he's from Montana and I love talking about unsolved crimes. I was at a birthday barbecue for somebody in Seattle and got home very late exhausted. Maybe the guest will come back.

Dave interviewed this guest a few weeks ago on his own show.  http://podbay.fm/show/294988529/e/1399439764?autostart=1

yumyumtree

Thanks.
Again, I unfortunately missed the show, but according to Wikipedia, Edwards was born in June 1933. The Black Dahlia murder happened in Jan.1947. Although remotely possible, I don't think it's likely that a 13 year old committed the crime.

Jackstar

Quote from: yumyumtree on June 01, 2014, 10:51:09 PM
Although remotely possible, I don't think it's likely that a 13 year old committed the crime.

He was born four years after the great stock market crash depression. I find it wildly plausible that he grew up fast and crooked.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 11:24:11 PM
He was born four years after the great stock market crash depression. I find it wildly plausible that he grew up fast and crooked.

Maybe he was smart enough to dispose of the animals he was torturing and killing (being a serial killer increases the likelyhood that he was) by cooking and eating them.  Would help supplement his diet, give him extra protein to help physical development.  And this was before we had flouride in the water.  I guess there could have been other shit in the water back then, though...  GMO's and high fructose corn syrup wouldn't have been around... hard fucking telling what was in "vaccines" at this time...

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2014, 11:24:11 PM

Keywords