• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Lilith

Quote from: Spookcat on January 24, 2020, 11:44:59 PM
Dave Schrader is no longer the primary host of mitd. The torch has been passed to "Spooky Tim" Weisberg.

#sad

Tidepods Dave!

Robert

Quote from: Spookcat on January 24, 2020, 11:44:59 PMDave Schrader is no longer the primary host of mitd. The torch has been passed to "Spooky Tim" Weisberg.
I'm so glad I listened last night.  Of course I fell asleep a few minutes into the first hour, woke up at 1 AM EDT, fell asleep again even quicker, but then reawakened at 2 AM and made damn sure I stayed up for that last hour.

Hearing Mr. Schrader thank everybody was intrinsically dull but good to hear.  I really wish him well and will miss him on MITD.  Comparable to Art Bell in quality in that role, maybe better.  I think Ian Punnett edges out both Mr. Bell and Mr. Schrader by a little; George Knapp is excellent at what he does but a little too serious for my taste for him to rank up there.  From the little I've heard him, Tim Weisberg is going to be good, but I don't know if he'll be as funny as Dave Schrader.

Bart Ell encapsulated the problem thusly at EllGab:
QuoteThe sooner you accept that every host outside of Art wants to do as much TV and as many conventions as possible the sooner people can take you seriously.
He's closed the Dave Schrader thread there, laying it to rest I guess, so I hope neither host minds my continuing that thought here.  The problem of audio programming is that it tends to be like a minor league farm club of the majors, i.e. video and, to some extent, touring.  Looks like Mr. Schrader will get to do both now as emcee of a travelog.  Anyway, just as the farm team develops stars, they're plucked away from the local fans by the majors.  Too bad, because some of us prefer this format.

Robert

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 25, 2020, 02:06:21 AMReally?   

Will the time slot shift up a little earlier?  Spooky T is in Mass. right?   Midnight to 3AM daily would suck............
They spoke of how difficult that's going to be.  Not that it was exactly easy for Mr. Schrader in Central Time either.

ItsOver

Quote from: Spookcat on January 24, 2020, 11:44:59 PM
Dave Schrader is no longer the primary host of mitd. The torch has been passed to "Spooky Tim" Weisberg.
Good thing we'll always have https://thekingdomofnye.com

#TheREALArtBellLegacy
#SomethingYouCanCountOn
#GettingBetterEveryDayComingBackAnyDayNaow

juanelo

I stop listen to Dave along time ago. If a guest is telling a story about a female big foot trying to rape him don’t cut him off and out smart him. This is the reason I stop listen to Dave he always try to outsmart the guest. The listener are not dumb we know and we listen for entertainment. I hope Spooky Tim understand that.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Robert on January 25, 2020, 07:35:50 AM
I'm so glad I listened last night.  Of course I fell asleep a few minutes into the first hour, woke up at 1 AM EDT, fell asleep again even quicker, but then reawakened at 2 AM and made damn sure I stayed up for that last hour.

Hearing Mr. Schrader thank everybody was intrinsically dull but good to hear.  I really wish him well and will miss him on MITD.  Comparable to Art Bell in quality in that role, maybe better.  I think Ian Punnett edges out both Mr. Bell and Mr. Schrader by a little; George Knapp is excellent at what he does but a little too serious for my taste for him to rank up there.  From the little I've heard him, Tim Weisberg is going to be good, but I don't know if he'll be as funny as Dave Schrader.

Bart Ell encapsulated the problem thusly at EllGab:He's closed the Dave Schrader thread there, laying it to rest I guess, so I hope neither host minds my continuing that thought here.  The problem of audio programming is that it tends to be like a minor league farm club of the majors, i.e. video and, to some extent, touring.  Looks like Mr. Schrader will get to do both now as emcee of a travelog.  Anyway, just as the farm team develops stars, they're plucked away from the local fans by the majors.  Too bad, because some of us prefer this format.

I respectfully disagree with everything you posted.

ItsOver

Quote from: juanelo on January 25, 2020, 08:35:56 PM
I stop listen to Dave along time ago...
I'd pretty much forgotten about him.  Kind of an "indifference is even worse that hate" thing.

im going to miss Dave Schroeder. lol nah not really, i never listened.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 26, 2020, 11:05:50 AM
im going to miss Dave Schroeder. lol nah not really, i never listened.

I tried but he was an insufferable “woke” dork.

Robert

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2020, 11:10:05 AMI tried but he was an insufferable “woke” dork.
Was it his plugs for suicide prevention, talk about family, or something else?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2020, 12:55:35 PM

He stinks.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2020, 12:55:35 PM

None of that. It was the fact that he took a condescending attitude toward his audience, especially in his interactions with them here. When I heard him try to steer chefist into a conversation about racism (implying that maybe he was racist) I gave up on him completely.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2020, 04:26:08 PM
None of that. It was the fact that he took a condescending attitude toward his audience, especially in his interactions with them here. When I heard him try to steer chefist into a conversation about racism (implying that maybe he was racist) I gave up on him completely.

Yeah, I think a lot of people punched out at that moment.

Robert

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2020, 04:26:08 PMNone of that. It was the fact that he took a condescending attitude toward his audience, especially in his interactions with them here. When I heard him try to steer chefist into a conversation about racism (implying that maybe he was racist) I gave up on him completely.
I remembered his having gotten a cold reception here, but not why.  Is it easy to find that thread?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2020, 07:12:25 PM
I remembered his having gotten a cold reception here, but not why.  Is it easy to find that thread?

Well, it turned cold eventually but I really don’t think it was overall when he first took over MITD.

Wouldn’t it be this thread?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2020, 07:12:25 PM

While BellGab was offline for three months in 2018, Schrader firmly locked himself in to promoting his show on ellgab.  Several people here complained that anyone who criticized or trolled Dave on ellgab was being banned from that forum.  When Dave returned here shortly after BellGab came back online, he was roundly mocked for the perception that he endorsed such a system.  He sent me a PM asking why people were being so mean, and I explained this to him.  He replied that bart can run his forum however he likes, which is true, and I pretty much left it at that.  I don't think he came back here after that exchange.

Radio hosts and forums don't mix.  The forum has to be throttled to suit the host, or the host eventually leaves.  In the wake of that, you get forum users who are personally enraged over either approach the forum takes. 

I wish Art had never posted here.  It was bad for BellGab.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on January 26, 2020, 08:57:36 PM
While BellGab was offline for three months in 2018, Schrader firmly locked himself in to promoting his show on ellgab.  Several people here complained that anyone who criticized or trolled Dave on ellgab was being banned from that forum.  When Dave returned here shortly after BellGab came back online, he was roundly mocked for the perception that he endorsed such a system.  He sent me a PM asking why people were being so mean, and I explained this to him.  He replied that bart can run his forum however he likes, which is true, and I pretty much left it at that.  I don't think he came back here after that exchange.

Radio hosts and forums don't mix.  The forum has to be throttled to suit the host, or the host eventually leaves.  In the wake of that, you get forum users who are personally enraged over either approach the forum takes. 

I wish Art had never posted here.  It was bad for BellGab.

Robert

Quote from: Liberace! on January 26, 2020, 08:57:36 PMRadio hosts and forums don't mix.  The forum has to be throttled to suit the host, or the host eventually leaves.  In the wake of that, you get forum users who are personally enraged over either approach the forum takes.
I'm used to that from WFMU's comment frames.  But there the connection is explicit: The host of the programs is the host of the comments, and provides one layer of moderation, the station managers providing the other.  So it's a house organ, and most of them aren't sincerely interested in criticism.  But we also recognize that they're almost all volunteers, as many streamed and podcast audio shows are.

Would you say this issue is the cause of all, or nearly all, the bad blood in the present case?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert on January 27, 2020, 11:13:56 AM
Would you say this issue is the cause of all, or nearly all, the bad blood in the present case?

Ask your question more specifically.

Robert

Quote from: Liberace! on January 26, 2020, 08:57:36 PMRadio hosts and forums don't mix.  The forum has to be throttled to suit the host, or the host eventually leaves.  In the wake of that, you get forum users who are personally enraged over either approach the forum takes.
Would you say that's the cause of all, or almost all, of the bad blood between some posters here and Dave Schrader?  Or less than "almost all"?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert on January 28, 2020, 09:53:21 AM
Would you say that's the cause of all, or almost all, of the bad blood between some posters here and Dave Schrader?  Or less than "almost all"?

Quote from: Liberace! on January 26, 2020, 08:57:36 PM
Several people here complained that anyone who criticized or trolled Dave on ellgab was being banned from that forum.  When Dave returned here shortly after BellGab came back online, he was roundly mocked for the perception that he endorsed such a system.

I haven't taken a poll or anything, but from my perspective, the circumstances in my quote above were at least partially to blame for the hate he eventually got here. Maybe not entirely, but it was a factor. He also had some missteps, like the "muh racism" exchange with Chefist.

Corona Kitty

Hey Dave are you still here?

paladin1991

Quote from: Lilith on August 17, 2019, 05:45:01 PM

I haven't found anything yet, but it looks like he'll be wearing the same jacket.
That Cindy Kaza.

https://i.axs.com/2016/01/80790901-image_569ac4bc4282c.jpg

Would fuck.  Here she is showing how  big my whopper is.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 12, 2020, 02:32:07 AM
https://i.axs.com/2016/01/80790901-image_569ac4bc4282c.jpg

Would fuck.

Not even with your prick and someone else pushing. Don't you have any respect for yourself? Oh, right, paid liar, nope.

paladin1991

For a few suppositories of Ciproline, I bet you would fuck.  You crazy fuck.

Dr. MD MD

While channel surfing I came across this show that looked kinda interesting called The Holzer Files and lo and behold, Dave is on it. I just couldn’t take it seriously after discovering that.

BettyO417

Happened to do a flyby of Midnight in the Desert, haven’t been in a while & low & behold it wasn’t Dave Schrader by any means... And I’m guessing Art isn’t back yet?
So who’s the guy with a distinct lisp not doing such a great job? Won’t ever go back to listen to that again. My goodness this was really scraping the bottom of the barrel IMHO...
Keith, you might need to put an ad out for a Paranormal Talk Show Host.. I do believe a few here at the Gab might be available.. Any volunteers??

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 19, 2020, 08:14:05 PM
While channel surfing I came across this show that looked kinda interesting called The Holzer Files and lo and behold, Dave is on it. I just couldn’t take it seriously after discovering that.
It’s obviously paying enough to keep him well fed.