• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

ItsOver

I couldn't make it past the first half hour.  I felt like I was listening to NPR.  Break out the chamomile tea and incense.  Yawn.

I liked Schraders first few shows when I listened to them. But the past two shows seem like Noory lite.

Dave's questions seem scripted and overly long-winded. This is not the droid/weekend host we're looking for. Looks like I'm headed back to U7 for classic Art.

yumyumtree

Why is it that people in these situations always assure people that they WERE NOT the type of people to believe in woo before the whatever( haunting, possession, etc.) happened, that were actually skeptics.
Once I'd like to hear one say, yeah, you know I was the type who read my horoscope in the paper every day and believed in UFOs, etc.

Note to self: Dont do battle with demons with toy Star Wars sword.

Nebraska888

Dave, great job!  It's Saturday night and I am enjoying a PARANORMAL program on Coast.  This is what Coast is all about. 

How refreshing NOT to listen to GLOOM AND DOOM!

Thanks for a good program!   ;)

Birdie

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 16, 2014, 01:56:31 AM
Why is it that people in these situations always assure people that they WERE NOT the type of people to believe in woo before the whatever( haunting, possession, etc.) happened, that were actually skeptics.
Once I'd like to hear one say, yeah, you know I was the type who read my horoscope in the paper every day and believed in UFOs, etc.

Note to self: Dont do battle with demons with toy Star Wars sword.
Totally agree. And I dislike when someone attributes every single little mishap or problem in their life to the demon (or alien or ghost or whatever). It makes me skepical of their story and/or their mental state.

The over-believers are as bad as the hyper-skepticals (people like like James Randi). They so completely believe in their view, absolutely nothing will move them from their stance, in either extreme. These guys would never truly accept any natural causes that may be behind this supposed demonic activity. I cannot decide if they really believe in what they are saying or if they are just in it for money and attention.

I like how Dave is pushing at the guests, trying to make them explain why they choose to continue putting up with the activity if it is so distressing. The responses are not convincing.

When you admit you are seeing the same thing as someone on DMT, you might have a problem. And that problem is probably not demonic imps.

Oh, and Dave cut off a bible quoting caller. Well played, Mr. Schrader :)

PerfectTommy

Sounded to me like the two demon hunter guys were in way over their heads.

I caught bits and pieces of it at work, but I heard Dave admit on air that he's seen Chris go through steady periods of depression, loneliness, etc. because of these demons, be they real or imagined. If there are demons, I'd be willing to bet they got these two saps right were they want them.

I also liked the part were Dave asked if they ever stopped to think that these things are attracted to them because they keep bringing them fresh meat (new friends, relationships, dabblers in the paranormal, etc.).

Indeed, both their responses were lame and unconvincing.

onan

Quote from: PerfectTommy on February 16, 2014, 07:39:15 AM
Sounded to me like the two demon hunter guys were in way over their heads.

I caught bits and pieces of it at work, but I heard Dave admit on air that he's seen Chris go through steady periods of depression, loneliness, etc. because of these demons, be they real or imagined. If there are demons, I'd be willing to bet they got these two saps right were they want them.

I also liked the part were Dave asked if they ever stopped to think that these things are attracted to them because they keep bringing them fresh meat (new friends, relationships, dabblers in the paranormal, etc.).

Indeed, both their responses were lame and unconvincing.

I talk to people that endorse demons, almost on a daily basis. Yet I have never seen any evidence of a demon. No spooky drawer or door opening or closing, no strange noises, nothing, and to be completely candid I am a bit disappointed.

expat

Somebody tell Pam Grout that the expression "energy force" has no possible meaning. It's like saying "volume temperature" or "voltage brightness" -- an attempt to merge two words that describe quite different phenomena.

Never mind, I've told her myself. Really these New Age ladies need an education.

ItsOver

Where are all these new age wackos coming from?  Have all the cat lady positions been taken?

severevoid

Why is George Knapp not the full time weekend host? Is it because of his commitments to his other work. He is so much better than all of these other guys including Noory. I always wondered why he was not doing Saturdays instead of Wells, I am so glad he has left, but now that Wells is gone George Knapp should be the full time weekend guy. Dave Schrader seems like an amateur, he seems like one of those young guys on the Sci-Fi channel with a ghost hunting show. George Knapp is a seasoned professional and the best in this business.

wr250

Quote from: severevoid on February 16, 2014, 12:42:41 PM
Why is George Knapp not the full time weekend host? Is it because of his commitments to his other work. He is so much better than all of these other guys including Noory. I always wondered why he was not doing Saturdays instead of Wells, I am so glad he has left, but now that Wells is gone George Knapp should be the full time weekend guy. Dave Schrader seems like an amateur, he seems like one of those young guys on the Sci-Fi channel with a ghost hunting show. George Knapp is a seasoned professional and the best in this business.

probably because Knapp has a full time job. i think Dave Schrader is getting stuck with nooryized guests that he probably wouldnt interview on his own show, or may he would terminate the interview once he decided they were full of bs.

Morgus

Quote from: severevoid on February 16, 2014, 12:42:41 PM
Why is George Knapp not the full time weekend host?
because Knapp is busy at his full time Las Vegas TV job, plus he often goes out of town on assignments for his job.
he can only handle 2 or 3 c2c shows a month, at least he is supposed to be doing one Saturday a month in addition to his regular two Sunday shows a month, so thats good news.

ItsOver

Fortunately, Knapp is on tonight.  I just heard the radio promo.  Topic is George with a remote viewing guy.  At least it's not crystals, unicorns, or click your heels and you've got whatever universe you want.

Dave Schrader is awesome!!!*

*except when he hosts Coast to Coast AM

Dateline

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 16, 2014, 02:44:04 PM
Dave Schrader is awesome!!!*

*except when he hosts Coast to Coast AM

I am curious, what do you mean by that, and could you please give an example or two?

albrecht

Quote from: Dateline on February 16, 2014, 03:18:48 PM

I am curious, what do you mean by that, and could you please give an example or two?
He hosts a radio show in Minnesota called "Darkness on the Edge of Town" which is pretty good, though lots of serial killer stuff, but a good show and a really cool name.

RedMichael

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 16, 2014, 01:56:31 AM

Credibility to the feeble minded.
If you think about it logically, being open to such ideas would probably allow you to witness the incredible more often and accept it (if what they believe in is true).

Funny thing about Horoscopes. I had to sit next to someone for a few hours and they brought up horoscopes. They asked for my sign and my girlfriend's sign...they even broke it down to the 4 elements. She was like

"Oh you guys will make a nice couple!"

So I had to ask "That brings up a question that bothers me...are there ever signs that are just bad? Are there ever two people that will be completely incompatible based on their signs?"

She feebly murmured "Well...not really....it depends" then got louder to just pronounce me as a skeptic and that was the end of that.

Folks, if you get offended by good questions then maybe you should be more skeptical of the subject you are talking about.

albrecht

Quote from: RedMichael on February 16, 2014, 05:17:34 PM
So I had to ask "That brings up a question that bothers me...are there ever signs that are just bad? Are there ever two people that will be completely incompatible based on their signs?"

She feebly murmured "Well...not really....it depends" then got louder to just pronounce me as a skeptic and that was the end of that.

To the contrary tea-cup and crystal ball gazers thrive on bad news "in the cards" or in their purported type of divination or predictions. True on shows like C2C they will hesitate to give "bad news" to callers but in their actual business many of them do and how they support themselves. (Not to say that any C2C guests do this.) Because they also offer solutions for the client's predicament. A few years ago I was amazed to see a gypsy build a formidable new house a few miles from me in which was once a trailer on a major road. Neon signs in windows with the evil eye, a supernatural hand, a deck of tarot and associated stuff also! They seem to make good money and, at least from news casts, some tribes have gotten millions out of people precisely by "helping" the client correct bad predictions. The US govt even have busted some major rings in this scam.

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2014, 07:04:48 PM
They seem to make good money and

It is probably a perfect way to launder money.

VtaGeezer

When I heard Schrader tell the first idiot/guest Pam Grout that a large group could will an amputee to grow a new limb I was literally shocked at the stupidity of the statement.  Holy crap!  Not even Noory would say something so daft. I had hopes for Schrader but the past two weeks have shown he's got the potential to be even worse than Noory, who's thankfully too dull to try to pump up deadly bore guests or truly asinine ideas.

bigchucka

Just noticed Dave is here.... two guest ideas for ya sir. Scott Woltar (H2 show America Unearthed) is from your neck of the woods.  Speaking of woods,  Les Stroud.  Survivorman.  Ask him about Bigfoot.

No Name Storm

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 16, 2014, 11:13:50 PM
When I heard Schrader tell the first idiot/guest Pam Grout that a large group could will an amputee to grow a new limb I was literally shocked at the stupidity of the statement.  Holy crap!  Not even Noory would say something so daft. I had hopes for Schrader but the past two weeks have shown he's got the potential to be even worse than Noory, who's thankfully too dull to try to pump up deadly bore guests or truly asinine ideas.

I am getting the creeping feeling that even weekends are lost at C2C. Time to find alternative listening pleasures.....LOL. FU, C2C!

cweb

Quote from: bigchucka on February 17, 2014, 05:55:25 PM
Speaking of woods,  Les Stroud.  Survivorman.  Ask him about Bigfoot.
yes, please!

Quote from: bigchucka on February 17, 2014, 05:55:25 PM
  Speaking of woods,  Les Stroud.  Survivorman.  Ask him about Bigfoot.

Or don't. I think Les was forced to eat bigfoot while Les was simulating being lost on a hunting trip.

yumyumtree

I think one of the typical scams perpetrated by unethical fortune tellers is "curse removal." After several sessions, the fortune teller suggests to the client that their money is cursed and if they bring it in, in the form of cash, of course, they will remove the curse with spell, involving a cloth, broken eggs, etc. At some point they pull a switch with the money, keeping it. One may ask how somebody would fall for something like this, but I imagine that it is fairly desperate people, maybe somebody very grief-stricken over a dead child, going through a bad divorce or something, and people don't think right in these cases. These type of con artists have very good timing and can read people--they gain the persons confidence(that's where the word con comes from) and don't make their move a second too soon. I agree that the guests on C to C probably don't engage in this. Going on radio or TV is not part of the M.O. of this type of scammer. There are other types of C to C guests who have developed ways if getting money out of desperate people. I think we know that.

I looked at Pam Grout's picture on the Internet and think I know why these hosts like to interview her, in fact George himself is probably kicking himself wishing he had interviewed her--in the studio.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2014, 04:30:16 PM
He hosts a radio show in Minnesota called "Darkness on the Edge of Town" which is pretty good, though lots of serial killer stuff, but a good show and a really cool name.

Awesome -- can I listen to this online anywhere? Is it on Dark Matter Network? Don't slap me if it is. I'm late to this thread.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare about demonic imps. I'm being serious. That show wreaked havoc on my subconscious. And for that reason, I loved it. Any show that digs into my brain like that and starts tossing things around is all right with me.  :D

ItsOver

Seraphim, you can listen to "Darkness Radio," 9pm - 12 CST via IHeart for one.  I've listened to a few of the shows through the IHeart Android app.  It's 1130AM Minneapolis.  So far, it's been a little too sedate for me.

bigchucka

Quote from: cweb on February 17, 2014, 10:28:03 PM
yes, please!

Les was on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast a couple months back and the topic came up.  That's how I was tipped off on it....

FallenSeraph

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 18, 2014, 01:47:33 AM

I looked at Pam Grout's picture on the Internet and think I know why these hosts like to interview her, in fact George himself is probably kicking himself wishing he had interviewed her--in the studio.

LOL