• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

eddie dean

I am enjoying your show astro! I particularly enjoy the shows you do about RCH's shaky scientific methods. You point out his flaws in a way that are understandable to people who don't have a background in scientific theory. I haven't listened to every show yet but I intend to. Well done sir!

ziznak

Yorkshire pud

Another excellent and interesting podcast Stuart. Covered some good points.

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2014, 01:45:04 PM
Another excellent and interesting podcast Stuart. Covered some good points.
Thanks!

Yorkshire pud

Another very good podcast Stuart. Was good to have it as a live event too; any news yet from Noory about going on there?

eeieeyeoh

Episode 99 very well done. You present a very complex equation of how to disprove a claim made that is false. It may sound easy from scientific perspective, but when it's being claimed and debated from a religious perspective, many technologies and tools have been developed that are used. The broadcast and published media is widely using those technologies and tools.

I'm not familiar w/person the debate was offered to be hosted by GeorgeN, the function of the host/moderator is going to pretty much steer debate based on network goals (much like Presidential debates broadcast). If the person debated is similar to RCH on Dark Matter show w/Art, it may be a very difficult debate for you to get a word in edgewise regarding. Such is the "one-track-mind" thinking of religious preachings. Ethics also plays a role, because no matter how much non-scientific BS the person is trying to preach, they also believe they can make money or means of survival in doing so. Some members of the founding religion that created the 2 other religions ~ when BC turned into AD can be very cruel in protecting the illusions and beliefs they created and display no guilt in doing so. 1929, BMadoff, and 9/11/01 are notable examples. GeorgeN's network is already known to arrange interviews w/Art's guests already announced by Art and then were interviewed by GN first.

Above is just my idea of what you ultimately will be dealing with during claimed public debate. I hope to hear it. I also want to hear some more of your episodes after 99 has more time to digest. Interesting stuff.

astroguy

Thanks, YP.

EIEIO: Thanks.  I understand the purpose of debate and how they are steered, especially when it comes to things like this.  I cut this out of the episode because I didn't want to put it out there so much in case George or Mike listened.  My primary goal is ONLY to come across as reasonable.  Secondary goal is to plant seeds of doubt in Mike's followers.

The reason for the primary goal is that Mike and others have painted me as an unreasonable, hateful person who refuses to accept anything he says.  The reason for the secondary is because so much of what Mike puts out there is so easily shown to be wrong, and I hope to get in a few of those things (such as pareidolia not existing).  There is ZERO way I would ever convince Mike that he is wrong, so I'm not going to try.  Same with George for the most part, I expect.  Same with much of the audience, too, based on their past "instapoll" results.  So, I don't intend to.

But, if I reach just 1% of the audience, that's around 100,000 people.  Not bad.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: astroguy on January 26, 2014, 08:01:17 PM
Thanks, YP.

EIEIO: Thanks.  I understand the purpose of debate and how they are steered, especially when it comes to things like this.  I cut this out of the episode because I didn't want to put it out there so much in case George or Mike listened.  My primary goal is ONLY to come across as reasonable.  Secondary goal is to plant seeds of doubt in Mike's followers.

The reason for the primary goal is that Mike and others have painted me as an unreasonable, hateful person who refuses to accept anything he says.  The reason for the secondary is because so much of what Mike puts out there is so easily shown to be wrong, and I hope to get in a few of those things (such as pareidolia not existing).  There is ZERO way I would ever convince Mike that he is wrong, so I'm not going to try.  Same with George for the most part, I expect.  Same with much of the audience, too, based on their past "instapoll" results.  So, I don't intend to.

But, if I reach just 1% of the audience, that's around 100,000 people.  Not bad.

Most likely you got at least 1%.

Obviously earned your PhD degree honorably.

I don't know who Mike is, and don't care. After all, I'm actually another Mike in real life.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 26, 2014, 08:48:42 PM
Most likely you got at least 1%.

Obviously earned your PhD degree honorably.

I don't know who Mike is, and don't care. After all, I'm actually another Mike in real life.

I forgot to mention that I also listened to (I believe) episode 75 in legal branch of former employee of JPL/Cal Tech sued for religious discrimination. Very well done also, and agree w/decision made based on public knowledge info presented. Perhaps suit filed by Lawyer that didn't have Bar license honorably. Debunking is so much more than firing a laser-guided bunker-busting missle. In jest, some fire back w/epistles.

astroguy

Thanks.  If you are interested in Mike Bara, you could go to C2C from October 28, 2013.  That's the one where he spent several minutes ranting about me, to the point that George e-mailed me during the show to ask what was going on.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: astroguy on January 26, 2014, 09:21:48 PM
Thanks.  If you are interested in Mike Bara, you could go to C2C from October 28, 2013.  That's the one where he spent several minutes ranting about me, to the point that George e-mailed me during the show to ask what was going on.

Understood. Guess I missed last name during podcast. Possibly GN didn't actually write e-mail. Listening to recording possibly could prove, but I'm not wasting my time w/that nonsense. No doubt your judgement is very well developed regarding a debate w/GN as moderator w/MB. As the builder of vehicle used in track pro drag racing often says to driver or jockey, keep the sunny side up!

Yorkshire pud

Oh god Stuart, I cried laughing! The communists sold Alaska in the 17th century! 'I'm not crazy so it must be fact'.. Parody at it's very very best!! Thanks also to your brothers and sisters in arms.  ;D

The gardener snake conspiracy have any legs? You owe me a new laptop screen sir.

Yorkshire pud

This might seem to be a common recycle bin, but it isn't: It's an Earth damper. You have been warned..  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 02, 2014, 08:50:26 AM
This might seem to be a common recycle bin, but it isn't: It's an Earth damper. You have been warned..  ;D

Sweet mother of pearl, I laughed so hard at that I couldn't breathe. Or the nazi space aliens with the poster board illustration of Zeta Reticuli hung on the spaceship wall. Brilliant parody, and props to you and your guest and callers for not falling down laughing.

astroguy

Thanks, guys.  I hoped that people would generally like it, but that the folks who really listened to C2C would be the ones to get all the inside jokes ... I even fit in pizza rolls.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on February 02, 2014, 11:16:39 AM
Thanks, guys.  I hoped that people would generally like it, but that the folks who really listened to C2C would be the ones to get all the inside jokes ... I even fit in pizza rolls.

What is funnier (And disturbing) Stuart is that a CT who didn't know who you were and didn't know the background, would listen to that and think it true and 'research'.

astroguy

Yeah ... I was recently listening to an interview of Scott Stephens, who's been on C2C, and what was sad is that parts when Karl was talking about HAARP and weather ... well, Stephens was saying the same kinds of things, only he went further.  It is kinda disturbing. :o

astroguy

Quote from: eddie dean on February 02, 2014, 01:42:09 PM
Thanks Astro! Well done!
Thanks!  Glad you liked.  Feel free to share here and elsewhere ... ;)

eeieeyeoh

Since you posted your advertising here on this forum dedicated to Art Bell
episode 100 parts 1 + 2 = 2 thumbs down.
A PhD doesn't = common sense.
Don't know why your microphone has a 300 Hz high pass filter.

astroguy

The forum was called "CoastGab" when I originally joined several years ago.  Only when Art announced his return was it renamed.  I started this thread when I was encouraged to do so by members here.  I have maintained it since.  I don't see any reason to close it.  Don't like it, don't read it.