• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

I think we should change this thread title to "What the hell is this lunatic talking about?"

I normally detest Hoaxland but I've been listening to a few shows lately just for the heavy waft of bullshit. I swear the reason he's such a prominent C2C guest is because he rambles so much the hosts don't have to do anything virtually giving them a night off.

However every time I listen to RCH, I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about. He comes across like a pompous rambling moron as he crazily jumps from subject to disconnected subject. I think he's just trying to sound authoritative and brilliant but he comes across like a forceful insane con-man.

Has this idiot ever once provided evidence or anything of any merit?

Holy shit, what a bullshit artist douche.

ziznak

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on February 26, 2014, 09:01:09 PM
I think we should change this thread title to "What the hell is this lunatic talking about?"

I normally detest Hoaxland but I've been listening to a few shows lately just for the heavy waft of bullshit. I swear the reason he's such a prominent C2C guest is because he rambles so much the hosts don't have to do anything virtually giving them a night off.

However every time I listen to RCH, I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about. He comes across like a pompous rambling moron as he crazily jumps from subject to disconnected subject. I think he's just trying to sound authoritative and brilliant but he comes across like a forceful insane con-man.

he's sick whats wrong with you!?  Crazy people have to make a living too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Yorkshire pud

No.

Yes.

For further insight into Hoagland's delusions, look on Expat's blog, and Astroguy's podcasts.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.co.uk/2012_12_01_archive.html

http://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/about/

Well yeah, but tell us how you really feel.  And hey man, it's all right there in the data.  8)

And yeah Expat has a hell of a blog. 

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2013/09/expat-strikes-back.html

for a good laugh I watch Ancient Aliens and last weeks episode was all about Mars and Cydonia.  Hoaxland's name wasn't mentioned once

Can you imagine how pissed off he'd be after seeing that? And how insane do you have to be to be shunned by the Ancient Aliens bunch?

Lunger

...However every time I listen to RCH, I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about. ...

Same here.  Hoggie is a terrible communicator.  He'll start off and jump around to as many non-sequiturs as the host will allow him to getaway with to "lay the groundwork".  By the time he is done i just don't have any fucking idea what the point of his ramblings were in the first place.

Of course, if you can't state it simply you have no idea what you are talking about.

wr250

the same can be said for noory, and his escalator.

ItsOver

Noory has his escalator and Hoagie has his whiz-bang "Torsion Field Detector."  I wonder if he searches for water with it, too.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on March 04, 2014, 12:16:35 PM
Noory has his escalator and Hoagie has his whiz-bang "Torsion Field Detector."  I wonder if he searches for water with it, too.

the "torsion field detector" can detect water, which causes a small distortion in the field. its all in the data man.

George Drooly

Let's not "beat around the bush" here -- the only watch Hoagland is using is the Jaccutron 6900:

Juan Cena

Quote from: George Drooly on March 04, 2014, 05:37:27 PM
Let's not "beat around the bush" here -- the only watch Hoagland is using is the Jaccutron 6900:

Actually, Hoagland uses something a little more like this.

anunnaki

He should start looking in the mirror and notice he needs some upper teeth !

TheSheriff

I really don't understand how this guy is still getting a gig after 20 years, it's quite clear he needs medical attention.

Hes is a complete loon.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TheSheriff on April 12, 2014, 01:23:37 AM
I really don't understand how this guy is still getting a gig after 20 years, it's quite clear he needs medical attention.

Hes is a complete loon.

Mutual appreciation society. He gets invited on shows who need the listening figures, he spouts his total shite, plugs his book/ dvd/ symposium, and the host doesn't get too hostile. Both go away happy. The easily pleased who believe his shite then have another piece of shite to put in their collection that 'proves' NASA (and almost all the astronomers in the World) are lying about apartments on Mars, disguised space ships that just happen to be comets, pyramids on the Moon, and any other titbits the willfully moronic believe. 

Mr Bloom

I like Hoagland. He's pretty out there but at least his rants are entertaining, and dense enough that it takes some effort to try and follow. I'd rather listen to him than a lot of other recent c2c guests at least

Mr Bloom

Listening to the Sept 19 Dark Matter show, it's pretty damn hilarious how Art is just openly making fun of RCH.... then they both start making fun of Noory! Ahaha!

albrecht

Quote from: Mr Bloom on April 17, 2014, 04:10:45 PM
then they both start making fun of Noory! Ahaha!
I'm guessing that is why we have not heard from him on C2C recently. They even had a "MARS SPECIAL" C2C show and RCH was only casually mentioned once.

coaster

Quote from: Mr Bloom on April 16, 2014, 03:14:37 PM
I like Hoagland. He's pretty out there but at least his rants are entertaining, and dense enough that it takes some effort to try and follow. I'd rather listen to him than a lot of other recent c2c guests at least
He is a liar and a fraud who has stolen money from people.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mr Bloom on April 17, 2014, 04:10:45 PMx
Listening to the Sept 19 Dark Matter show, it's pretty damn hilarious how Art is just openly making fun of RCH.... then they both start making fun of Noory! Ahaha!
Ah, yes.  The good 'ol days.  Right before The Quitening.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

I would agree with the first point but it's a stretch to accuse him of theft. Him (and others like him) simply exploit the loophole that allows the paranoid, willfully dim and deluded who accept uncritically their fairy tales to spend money on the snake oil they're touting as truth.

bigchucka

Speaking of Hoagland, he's back next week on Coast...

coaster

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 17, 2014, 11:35:18 PM
I would agree with the first point but it's a stretch to accuse him of theft. Him (and others like him) simply exploit the loophole that allows the paranoid, willfully dim and deluded who accept uncritically their fairy tales to spend money on the snake oil they're touting as truth.
That whole Egypt thing could be considered theft. People gave him money to go to Egypt, he cancelled the trip and kept their money.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: coaster on April 18, 2014, 02:52:07 AM
That whole Egypt thing could be considered theft. People gave him money to go to Egypt, he cancelled the trip and kept their money.

Fair point; I'd forgotten all about that! Maybe they were just being generous in his hour/days of need?  ;D

bigchucka

Quote from: coaster on April 18, 2014, 02:52:07 AM

Never heard about this.  Ummm... wasn't there a time when someone was on trying to get people to pay subscribe to a camera fee to find Bigfoot?  I remember it being outed as a hoax, and the Coast host told the dude that he better give all the people a refund or face legal action.  Wouldn't this be similar?

Lunger

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

I don't know that he's a liar.  I would label him as delusional.  Which is different.

astroguy

Quote from: bigchucka on April 18, 2014, 02:24:36 AM
Speaking of Hoagland, he's back next week on Coast...
Looks like he's on tonight, discussing what the Chinese "really" found on the moon.  Expect three hours of four things:  Lots of conspiracy, some numerology, pareidolia, and image artifacts (like compression artifacts) = some ancient artifacts.

wr250

Quote from: astroguy on April 22, 2014, 05:52:07 PM
Looks like he's on tonight.discussing what the Chinese "really" found on the moon.  Expect three hours of four things:  Lots of conspiracy, some numerology, pareidolia, and image artifacts (like compression artifacts) = some ancient artifacts.

but hey, RCH has fresh material, unlike noory's usual "medical" infomercer... err guests.

coaster

More nonsense from Hoagland tonight and his overly photoshopped images-
This dramatic comparison is between a Chang'e-3 lunar image (left), officially posted on the Chinese Army government website, and an "equalized" version of the same Chinese lunar image (right). The "glittering, vertical glass curtains" blatantly visible in the "equalized-image version," are stunning proof now of the reality behind the Enterprise Mission's decades-old "ancient lunar dome" hypothesis.
http://download.coasttocoastam.com/pages/Lunar042214a.jpg

astroguy

Quote from: coaster on April 22, 2014, 10:24:27 PM
More nonsense from Hoagland tonight and his overly photoshop images-
This dramatic comparison is between a Chang'e-3 lunar image (left), officially posted on the Chinese Army government website, and an "equalized" version of the same Chinese lunar image (right). The "glittering, vertical glass curtains" blatantly visible in the "equalized-image version," are stunning proof now of the reality behind the Enterprise Mission's decades-old "ancient lunar dome" hypothesis.
http://download.coasttocoastam.com/pages/Lunar042214a.jpg

Quote from: astroguy on April 22, 2014, 05:52:07 PM
Looks like he's on tonight, discussing what the Chinese "really" found on the moon.  Expect three hours of four things:  Lots of conspiracy, some numerology, pareidolia, and image artifacts (like compression artifacts) = some ancient artifacts.

Maybe I should compete for Randi's Million Dollar Challenge!  I'm psychic!

Less than an hour until Hoagie opens up his big can of Chinese Lunacy.  Be sure to self-medicate safely.