• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gabor: The Man. The Prophet. The Poet.

Started by ChewMouse, August 19, 2012, 09:32:57 AM

ChewMouse

Someone mentioned Gabor on another thread and I read his posts; he was a member here for about seven months (May, 2010 - November, 2011) and this stuff is somehow brilliant. Also funny, I admit that. But I just cannot resist. I've changed nothing except that the sentences come from various posts. It all just kind of gets to me.

The Gabor Nostradamus Quatrains

Better to buy food, water, give it away instead
But do not give away money to Relief Societies
Best help is to give away something that someone needs.
It is not money

Try to be free from tax system
Gold gives only problems
Difficult to use the gold for fun
Put down the tax system let people be free

is old fight spear sword .
get in her to fight
creat your small village .
later creat alians

Many adults have forgotten how easy we were when we were little kids
It need not be professionals who are trying to do something.
You have to start somewhere.
There are too few people who spread happy feelings, the others would

Freedom is to transform
Language is like flying wind power
a UFO on the sky
Have good future, that we will share the middle of future.

there is no true democracy government
As reported all of its citizens, what is happening
Wikipedia
Is it best to overbuild democracy to reveal.

--Gabor Sweden751110

ChewMouse

Gabor Free Verse Poem

I met an elderly woman the day before Easter
She walked up to me to start talking about ABBA
Do not ask me was that she would start talking about ABBA
She began to talk about Easter in Sweden

In Sweden, it is rare that people walk up to a stranger to begin
She said at the time, she did not know that these young people would become known.
She adolescents from ABBA when they were young.
who sing at the Easter bonfire.

What I remember about abba the 70 century
I remember the old ABBA cover from my mother,
She was once a time old LPs
I was about 3 years old 4 years old

--Gabor Sweden 751110

ziznak

What was this guy/girl using some sort of translator to post in English?  That's what it looks like to me.  I love reading literal language translations you tend to get a lot of funny tidbits like the examples above.

ChewMouse

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2012, 11:23:15 AM
What was this guy/girl using some sort of translator to post in English?  That's what it looks like to me.  I love reading literal language translations you tend to get a lot of funny tidbits like the examples above.
He made reference to a translating service but claimed he was dyslexic in Swedish also. I'm just blown away by the tidbits, as you say, and how it fits together so well (with no editing!) if I just place the lines in different places. Kind of like I suspect the Bible was written. Which, I'm thinking of doing some Gabor Bible stuff, because he does wax and wane with gospel-type writing.

He did a post in Swedish and I translated it with Google and I have to agree that he's probably dyslexic. Nevertheless, there's actually a lot of wisdom in his words. And enough hilarity to keep me entertained.

In no way am I mocking this guy. I find him freaking fascinating.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ChewMouse on August 19, 2012, 11:35:50 AM
He made reference to a translating service but claimed he was dyslexic in Swedish also. I'm just blown away by the tidbits, as you say, and how it fits together so well (with no editing!) if I just place the lines in different places. Kind of like I suspect the Bible was written. Which, I'm thinking of doing some Gabor Bible stuff, because he does wax and wane with gospel-type writing.

He did a post in Swedish and I translated it with Google and I have to agree that he's probably dyslexic. Nevertheless, there's actually a lot of wisdom in his words. And enough hilarity to keep me entertained.

In no way am I mocking this guy. I find him freaking fascinating.

he and i conversed on skype once, but the language barrier was just too much.

ziznak

I don't think you are mocking him.  All you're doing is putting in a carriage return here and there?? Or are you grabbing lines from different places about similar things?? I actually was doing my own translation as I read through the posts.  It's funny there was somebody from Argentina that posted on another forum for a game dev I'm following.  I found his first post hilarious. 

"Hi as they are? I had A Idea No is Yes could apply
would be to place the language Spanish to the
game since I am of Argentina and the game in
English and do not understand everything at 100
percent, but at least make finishing the game. Good
time would be if could place the language Spanish, that is all, until then! And Yes No forgiveness is
understood very well!"

ChewMouse

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2012, 11:59:36 AM
I don't think you are mocking him.  All you're doing is putting in a carriage return here and there?? Or are you grabbing lines from different places about similar things?? I actually was doing my own translation as I read through the posts. 
The words are all his but I did take some lines from one post and add them to another. I'm such a stickler about spelling but I just couldn't change any of his because Nostradamus had those oddly-spelled things that created generations of arguments. But yeah, I did cherry pick through all his posts.

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2012, 11:59:36 AM
"Hi as they are? I had A Idea No is Yes could apply
would be to place the language Spanish to the
game since I am of Argentina and the game in
English and do not understand everything at 100
percent, but at least make finishing the game. Good
time would be if could place the language Spanish, that is all, until then! And Yes No forgiveness is
understood very well!"
Somehow I know precisely what she's saying. And that last sentence is pure gold.

Note: I may be going nuts here. Because I have this urge to say solemnly to someone: "Yes No forgiveness is understood very well!" and I would expect that person to nod in meditative agreement.

It sort of reminds me...that's it!!!! That's what it is!!!! Gabor's writing makes me feel stoned, in a good way!! And I don't do that stuff anymore, haven't for many years. But I have this vivid mental image of everyone sitting around in the dorm, nodding in acceptance of anything said.

That's what Gabor does for me. Ahhhh, and I'm inhaling.

ziznak

Good time would be if you could just get those days back huh? 

"wisdom from the mouths of babes.."