• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory's Contract

Started by Ruteger, April 14, 2012, 06:25:45 PM

Ruteger

I am gonna do a Noory. Too lazy to do the research - can anyone tell me how much this buffoon makes? Notice I said "makes" and not "earn" as he does little to justify the latter.

Sardondi

I don't think that's public knowledge. But I assume it's a lot more complicated than "GN gets $X for doing X number of shows a year." like you or I get for showing up at the office or at the plant. I mean, is Premiere (or whoever owns Premiere now) the employer and employing GN directly? Or, as in TV, are they dealing not with GN but with a production company (often owned by the "talent") which agrees to provide so many shows featuring the star? Is it a flat $ amount, or tied to ratings or revenue? And what about ads? Which ones "belong" to the radio company and which to the talent? Personal appearances?

George49

If you had to go by the quality of each one of Noory's shows then I'd say he gets about a $1 a show.

Morgus

Noory probably has to pay the network to host the show.
He makes his money from his side deals, like selling his books, appearing on Ancient Aliens, and at convention events where he charges a hefty sum for those who pay to have a luncheon with him.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on April 14, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
Noory probably has to pay the network to host the show.
He makes his money from his side deals, like selling his books, appearing on Ancient Aliens, and at convention events where he charges a hefty sum for those who pay to have a luncheon with him.

That literally is the way it works in some cases. But in George's case I'm thinking Premiere is going to take most of the ad revenue and pay Noory or his production company.

preston

Quote from: Sardondi on April 14, 2012, 09:12:18 PM
I don't think that's public knowledge. But I assume it's a lot more complicated than "GN gets $X for doing X number of shows a year." like you or I get for showing up at the office or at the plant. I mean, is Premiere (or whoever owns Premiere now) the employer and employing GN directly? Or, as in TV, are they dealing not with GN but with a production company (often owned by the "talent") which agrees to provide so many shows featuring the star? Is it a flat $ amount, or tied to ratings or revenue? And what about ads? Which ones "belong" to the radio company and which to the talent? Personal appearances?
Im sure they also look at the numbers I found this listed

Ruteger

I can't believe Hannity is that high in the ratings. I used to like him, (and, as a Conservative I agree with much of what he says), but lately, that schtick "Let not your heart be troubled" (which I find very offensive as this is a saying of Jesus Christ turned into a filthy TV catch-phrase) and that stupid football he tosses around.

And, also what's up with the "You're a great American"? I just once, would like a caller to reply "Really, Sean, you know NOTHING about me - I am actually a serial killer, and a member of the Democrat Party."  ;D

kf5iwe

Hannity stole the great American line from Bill Cunningham at wlw 700 am in Cincinatti oh. Back in the 90's Bill was on 9pm to midnight followed by the trucking bozo show. His name is dale sommers, his son does the overnight trucking show now. Cunningham would go to open lines and say shit like " You are on the air Bengals: Superbowl bound of toliet bowl? Give me a full report" "Prostitution in the Over-the-rhine nieghborhood give me a full report" The correct answer is "Willie I dont know nothing about prostitution" whereupon Bill would say"You sir are a great American" If you can find the tape of when Willie was stuck on his roof of his 2 story house because the ladder fell and his wife had a broken arm and could not pick the ladder up again, it was hilarious. He played it the next day on his show. " 911 what is your emergency?" in a quiet voice"Yes this is William Cunningham(gives address) could you please send someone to help me get off the roof?" Joe Nuxalt(MLB Hall of Famer amd sadly passed on) was calling a Reds game. The station sent him a message that willie was going to jump. live on the air Nuxalt said let him and good ridiance and told fans about the situation. almost immed> there were 2 different helicopters for competeing station on the scene good shit from back in the day. Iused to listen to 700 almost as much as coast back then. in fact when mike siegel took over I went to 700 for a while till art came back.
Sorry about the lenght, had a bad day at work and thinking about willie being on the roof gave me a much needed break

Shockwave

I used to listen to Hannity a few years ago but got tired of him.  Does he still bring that black conservative guy on to defend him whenever there's a racial news topic going on? 

Quote from: preston on April 15, 2012, 03:31:41 PM
Im sure they also look at the numbers I found this listed

What a sorry list!  I haven't heard everyone on it, but of those I have; THEY ALL SUCK!