• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2016, 07:58:48 PM
Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art

Hey, Art. Hope all is well.

Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art

Well, no, I recall you were relating someone else's story which encompassed that fan doing all the legwork you claim have done. It's in the Ultimate Torrent, maybe an Open Lines, maybe an interview day. Your memory probably isn't fading, but it doesn't have that eidetic edge, either.

MR. Spock

Art is your view on the famous senda monster from the bay area of California?

73s

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2016, 09:36:01 PM
See you next time and thank for some good post's.

Art

Glad you still visit BG. Come back sooner rather than later.

Art

Art, I hope all the ABs are doing well. I miss you, brother, but I understand how things are. I think you should at least  do a weekly audio blog or something. Just tell us what you think about things, or spin a little tale about your amazing career. Please think about it.

God bless you and your wonderful family.

Cosmic Dust

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 01, 2016, 09:55:48 AM

Art, I hope all the ABs are doing well. I miss you, brother, but I understand how things are. I think you should at least  do a weekly audio blog or something. Just tell us what you think about things, or spin a little tale about your amazing career. Please think about it.

God bless you and your wonderful family.
[/quote

Agreed.  Art can talk about anything and make it interesting.  Hopefully, he can do a once or twice a month podcast just to share his thoughts about things.

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on June 01, 2016, 03:30:21 AM
Well, no, I recall you were relating someone else's story which encompassed that fan doing all the legwork you claim have done. It's in the Ultimate Torrent, maybe an Open Lines, maybe an interview day. Your memory probably isn't fading, but it doesn't have that eidetic edge, either.

Art is correct. A clip of the original show has been posted to prestonnicholsisdead.com

effluenza

Art please come back. Heather is terrible.

Daggit

Welcome back Art. Save us from the night.

ACE of CLUBS

Hilarious .....

"I'm over here ...... please come over and poop on me" .....
"Oh please ..... don't walk on by. Stop and poop on me" .....
On and on ........ ad infinitum.

ge30542

jazmunda

Art

The Bell Philes live on tomorrow (Thursday) night 9pm ET/6pm PT.

We have a very special cohost joining us.

Plus The Truth about the Mastercard Incident ......

Listen and chat LIVE @ http://thebellphiles.com/live-show/

Phone: 317-708-4500

ge30542

Quote from: jaz on June 01, 2016, 08:05:37 PM

Jaz, let me guess, Art Bell will join the Broadcast and tease a maybe, possibly, sometime fill in on MITD?

jazmunda

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
Jaz, let me guess, Art Bell will join the Broadcast and tease a maybe, possibly, sometime fill in on MITD?

Not Art.  8)

Line 2 and 3 of my post are unrelated.

akwilly

Quote from: jaz on June 01, 2016, 09:55:20 PM
Not Art.  8)

Line 2 and 3 of my post are unrelated.
My money is on SV being the cohost.

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on June 01, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
George Noory might be special guest. Detailing how he has survived and remained the King of Late Night Radio.

jazmunda

Quote from: akwilly on June 01, 2016, 10:06:00 PM

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2016, 11:25:40 PM
George Noory might be special guest. Detailing how he has survived and remained the King of Late Night Radio.

Closer. Special cohost could also be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MR. Spock

Quote from: jaz on June 01, 2016, 11:30:36 PM
Closer. Special cohost could also be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Could the co-host be a fan of the Senda Monster too?

Robert

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2016, 11:25:40 PMGeorge Noory might be special guest. Detailing how he has survived and remained the King of Late Night Radio.
I think he might be interesting to listen to as an interviewee.  He got into it w a guest maybe a week & a half back on his (Mr. Noory's) show about how he started & how difficult it was.  Much like Ms. Wade's sink-or-swim beginning.  I started feeling bad about all the criticism I've made of him.  He is human after all.  He's sounding more & more personable to me lately.

No matter what, all of you people -- Mssrs. Bell, Noory, podcasters, Ms. Wade -- never forget that while we criticize you, we're the ones listening to you.  You're not tuning in to us.  (Well, sure, Art is, on the ham bands, but you know.)  We criticize because each of you -- or at least all of you collectively -- have done stuff to make us smile, so we get used to your making us smile.  We're not making you smile, which is good because it's hard for you to talk while you do that.  And your sponsors are paying for you to make us smile, even though they know the great majority of us won't buy the things you advertise.  What a great deal that is.  And never get the idea you owe us anything more; it's not like you're sucking material out of our brains -- the worst you can do is simply stop adding new stuff to them.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: jaz on June 01, 2016, 08:05:37 PM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Robert on June 01, 2016, 11:44:29 PM
I think he might be interesting to listen to as an interviewee.  He got into it w a guest maybe a week & a half back on his (Mr. Noory's) show about how he started & how difficult it was.  Much like Ms. Wade's sink-or-swim beginning.  I started feeling bad about all the criticism I've made of him.  He is human after all.  He's sounding more & more personable to me lately.

No matter what, all of you people -- Mssrs. Bell, Noory, podcasters, Ms. Wade -- never forget that while we criticize you, we're the ones listening to you.  You're not tuning in to us.  (Well, sure, Art is, on the ham bands, but you know.)  We criticize because each of you -- or at least all of you collectively -- have done stuff to make us smile, so we get used to your making us smile.  We're not making you smile, which is good because it's hard for you to talk while you do that.  And your sponsors are paying for you to make us smile, even though they know the great majority of us won't buy the things you advertise.  What a great deal that is.  And never get the idea you owe us anything more; it's not like you're sucking material out of our brains -- the worst you can do is simply stop adding new stuff to them.
This was an excellent post. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on June 01, 2016, 11:44:29 PM
No matter what, all of you people -- Mssrs. Bell, Noory, podcasters, Ms. Wade -- never forget that

ge30542

Quote from: 73s on June 01, 2016, 09:44:22 AM
Glad you still visit BG. Come back sooner rather than later.
Visit? He reads EVERY word of EVERY post on EVERY page.

Mr. Fidget

[attachment id=1 msg=828140]

LucaParcelli

So, I've been naughty and I've been listening to some pirate streams of older Art Bell shows from the Clinton era.

I'm nostalgic for Art's commentary about the Clintons and would love to hear him comment about how another Clinton is being taken down.

Anyone else share these sentiments? I am in need of consolation.

Praise MV, unceasingly.

Quote from: LucaParcelli on June 02, 2016, 11:34:22 PM
So, I've been naughty and I've been listening to some pirate streams of older Art Bell shows from the Clinton era.

I'm nostalgic for Art's commentary about the Clintons and would love to hear him comment about how another Clinton is being taken down.

Anyone else share these sentiments? I am in need of consolation.

Praise MV, unceasingly.

lol

Oh bellgab

Value Of Pi

Quote from: effluenza on June 01, 2016, 05:43:31 PM
Art please come back. Heather is terrible.

I know how you feel, but even if Art were up to it, I doubt he would choose to go back on air. While he would always sound good next to a non-talent like Heather, there is someone out there I doubt he would want to compete with or be compared to -- and that's Art himself, in the days when he and the genre he perfected were in their prime.

Art did great and innovative things for radio, but nothing is forever. While still satisfying in many ways over the last several years, his show was in serious need of reinvention and revitalization. It needed that either from Art himself or from an outside creative influence, like a very imaginative producer. It just didn't happen, either on Sirius or on DM.

I think at some point someone will come along with a fresh way to tap into the subject matter and the audience that made Art's show so interesting and so much fun. It won't be a copycat and it won't be anyone anointed by Art to occupy his chair.

He/she/they will come out of nowhere just the way Art did. It will happen naturally. And you'll know it when you hear it -- even though, at first, you might not understand what it is you're listening to. It will be magic, just a different kind than you were used to with Art.

Art, you broke my heart, cauze I couldn't dance

You didn't even want me around

Well I'm back to let you know

I can really shake 'em down

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 03, 2016, 12:09:34 AM
I know how you feel, but even if Art were up to it, I doubt he would choose to go back on air. While he would always sound good next to a non-talent like Heather, there is someone out there I doubt he would want to compete with or be compared to -- and that's Art himself, in the days when he and the genre he perfected were in their prime.

Art did great and innovative things for radio, but nothing is forever. While still satisfying in many ways over the last several years, his show was in serious need of reinvention and revitalization. It needed that either from Art himself or from an outside creative influence, like a very imaginative producer. It just didn't happen, either on Sirius or on DM.

I think at some point someone will come along with a fresh way to tap into the subject matter and the audience that made Art's show so interesting and so much fun. It won't be a copycat and it won't be anyone anointed by Art to occupy his chair.

He/she/they will come out of nowhere just the way Art did. It will happen naturally. And you'll know it when you hear it -- even though, at first, you might not understand what it is you're listening to. It will be magic, just a different kind than you were used to with Art.

Nailed it !
Excellent post ..... Art Bell's time has come ... and gone. 
It's just sad and embarrassing to see it end this way for him. 
He was very entertaining for a decade ..... but, that happened two decades ago.
Just an opinion here ....... Art Bell shouldn't be trolling this site.  He would do well to have fun with his family and enjoy doing things with them.
Again, an excellent post 'Value Of Pi'