• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on August 23, 2012, 09:49:46 AM
All the haters would then owe Art's return to Noory.

Oh how sweet the irony would be.

ItsOver

How sweet it would be for Art to come out of retirement to drive Snoory into the ground.  Even if Art hung it up again, soon after Georgie's flaming demise, at least the current blight will have been eradicated.

kf5iwe

Quote from: Sardondi on August 23, 2012, 04:44:10 AM
We're kinda getting carried away, but I admit I've let myself hope for The Return. But I can't really see it happening, and there's nothing in what Art said to really indicate he's considering that. Looks to me he's talking about how Prem made certain promises and then reneged, etc.

Still, it's fun to dream. So maybe Art feels he's been dicked over, they've played games with terms of the contract, etc. And maybe he feels they've lied to him about what they were gonna do with the show. He feels betrayed, that his legacy has been ground in the dirt. And out of a sense of injustice he decides he's got to come out of retirement and...destroy the monster that C2C has become. So he goes head to head with George Noory, and carnage ensues.

Ahhhhhhhh.
1 way carnage. Noory is incapable of going head to head with my one eyed german sheperd!

onan

Quote from: kf5iwe on August 23, 2012, 04:56:39 PM
1 way carnage. Noory is incapable of going head to head with my one eyed german sheperd!

Noory is incapable of going head to head with a bannister.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on August 21, 2012, 09:31:55 AM
But look at what he really said:
"just about" ready.... I will "soon" exercise it... we've heard these kinds of things before. Not that I'm complaining, but maybe we should take this with a grain of salt? Seems to me more of a threat to get a desired result.

On the other hand, Art may be ready to burn down some serious bridges.

Sure makes me curious about what is going on behind the scenes, for AB to keep putting out these vague threats.

slipstream

hahaha Art Bell is going to war.  Good luck King Nye. 

Hawk

Quote from: Harmness on August 22, 2012, 04:19:49 PM
Christ, Art, if you've got something to say, just say it already, quit jerking on the strings just to watch your sycophantic puppets jerk.

I think that is all he is doing.... is jerking the strings and watching the reaction.

Art may not be much interest in going back on the air, but he certainly enjoys the following he has. He loves to draw speculation about himself. Hard to fault him for that.

ItsOver

Quote from: bluth co. on August 21, 2012, 11:17:19 AM
Thats the best thing i've seen in a while. Positively godlike.

+1 on your latest avatar, Ziz.  Classic.  ;D

Morgus

Art seems to love over the years since his retirements to post a short cryptic message on various forums or nowadays facebook.
Many of the fans then like religious zealots try to interpret the cryptic message over and over.
Remember Art's message years ago posted on an internet forum: "Mysterious and Reassuring" ?

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on August 24, 2012, 12:28:47 PM
+1 on your latest avatar, Ziz.  Classic.  ;D
ha yeah.  Yet another brainchild of the great Sardondi actually.

Greetings.  Long time lurker, first time poster.  I always enjoy reading the posts here, so thanks for all of the enjoyable reading you all provide!

I too am hoping that Art unleashes a verbal poleaxing the likes of which the Nightcock has never experienced.  I recall one night on the air Mr. Bell quoting H.L. Mencken when he said-

QuoteEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Perhaps, for him, one of those times in his life is fast approaching, and we'll have a front row seat to the carnage brought forth by the searing hot blade of truth as things are set right.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on August 24, 2012, 07:50:57 PM
I too am hoping that Art unleashes a verbal poleaxing the likes of which the Nightcock has never experienced.  I recall one night on the air Mr. Bell quoting H.L. Mencken when he said-

Perhaps, for him, one of those times in his life is fast approaching, and we'll have a front row seat to the carnage brought forth by the searing hot blade of truth as things are set right.

that's the spirit.

welcome to the forums, and post often.

Harmness

Also, Jesus, couldn't you have just given a fucking date for your return?  Enough of this "soon" shit.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Harmness on August 24, 2012, 09:08:41 PM
Also, Jesus, couldn't you have just given a fucking date for your return?  Enough of this "soon" shit.
Well, the Bible says no man shall know...oh, wait. You meant...oh. My bad.

b_dubb

I predict Ol Snoory will come down with a fearsome apoplexy on the return of Art Bell

Also I'm guessing that some Ol Snoory's lunatic fringe fan base will think Art is trying to steal Ol Snoory's glory. Ya know ... cause they're like ignorant and stuff

I predict Bell will say and do nothing at all. I am gonna stick my neck out and assume that Art is full of Hot Air.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: onan on August 23, 2012, 05:02:56 PM
Noory is incapable of going head to head with a bannister.
Incapable of, yet oddly prone to.

Juan

I wonder if Art could come back.  His last shows were rather lackluster, IMHO.  I wonder how much of the show was Ramona booking guests, helping with show prep and selecting music.  Every great on-air person needs a great support staff, and Art said he and Ramona were soul mates.

Tara

Art met Ramona when they worked together at a radio station, so Ramona had actual radio experience.  In his book, Art of Talk, AB stated that they had only a few dollars between them when they married.  Art had yet to become famous; he always knew that Ramona loved him when he was not wealthy.  They made a great pair. 

Harmness

Quote from: canadiancommie on August 25, 2012, 01:58:45 PM
I predict Bell will say and do nothing at all. I am gonna stick my neck out and assume that Art is full of Hot Air.

This.

Quote from: Ben Shockley on August 25, 2012, 02:03:36 PM
Incapable of, yet oddly prone to.

Also this.

indigoo

I was reminded of three simple, yet altogether devastating words today...

"He gets it."

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Tara on August 25, 2012, 05:06:16 PM
...Ramona had actual radio experience.
And would have made probably the ideal replacement for Art, but, yeah-- that would sort of defeat the purpose of the retirement....
Quote from: Tara on August 25, 2012, 05:06:16 PM
Art had yet to become famous; he always knew that Ramona loved him when he was not wealthy.  They made a great pair.
Just your writing it invites one to ponder the contrast.

The General

Quote from: indigoo on August 25, 2012, 05:24:46 PM
I was reminded of three simple, yet altogether devastating words today...

"He gets it."
Yes, I remember that.  It was that statement that made me give George a chance.  I listened for a long time.  I tried to like George, I tried to understand what Art saw in George to make him say that.  But George doesn't "get it."  At all.  He's a tool.  And is it just me or did he not suck this bad at first?  Seems like he wasn't quite as bad, maybe put in a little more effort at first, and by now he's just phoning it in. 

Quote from: The General on August 25, 2012, 10:20:17 PM
Yes, I remember that.  It was that statement that made me give George a chance.  I listened for a long time.  I tried to like George, I tried to understand what Art saw in George to make him say that.  But George doesn't "get it."  At all.  He's a tool.  And is it just me or did he not suck this bad at first?  Seems like he wasn't quite as bad, maybe put in a little more effort at first, and by now he's just phoning it in.
It's not just you.  He did seem better in the early going.  He seemed to be engaged, have more energy, and a was a bit of a change of pace from Art.  Not to knock Art in any way, but the occasional break from him that Ian, Knapp and others brought was nice.  Despite his many, many faults, Noory has some radio chops.  A good voice for nighttime, a sense of pacing, easy going.  Too bad he has squandered those gifts, and become such a hack.

Rasputin

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on August 25, 2012, 10:35:36 PM
It's not just you.  He did seem better in the early going.  He seemed to be engaged, have more energy, and a was a bit of a change of pace from Art.  Not to knock Art in any way, but the occasional break from him that Ian, Knapp and others brought was nice.  Despite his many, many faults, Noory has some radio chops.  A good voice for nighttime, a sense of pacing, easy going.  Too bad he has squandered those gifts, and become such a hack.

That's about the point that I'm at right now. I never minded him early on, but he has just gone straight downhill over the last few years.
If not for Ian and Knapp, I would not listen at all.

ItsOver

When Art said "He gets it," I'm not sure what he was thinking.  Maybe he was just going through the motions.  Noory clearly "does not get it."

Scully

Just finished listening to tonight's Somewhere In Time re the moon landing.  Couldn't help but notice the times Art said "Oh, yes?" and "Now that IS interesting." ... clearly denoting he was hearing something new and found it interesting.

In my head I kept hearing Simple George in the same conversation saying, "Absolutely!"

I rest my case.  :P

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Scully on August 25, 2012, 11:15:12 PM
...In my head I kept hearing Simple George in the same conversation saying, "Absolutely!"
Or long silences followed by the guest saying "Hello?"

jazmunda

I really doubt the Art will be coming back to the airwaves anytime soon particularly in light of the illness of his wife's father. They will most likely be heading back to the Phillipines to say goodbye and all the rest. I just can't see him returning to radio anytime soon.

I do however hope he dishes the dirt soon and I still hope they continue to air SIT so we can at least get our fix of new classic Art shows. I respect Art's wish that they cease and desist but SIT is our only way of hearing classic Art shows that don't exist in the fan archives that are available to download.