• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on October 02, 2015, 09:46:58 PM
Uhh, well I hope this doesn't affect the XDS rollout to affiliates.

That would be an epic disaster.

Quote from: bateman on October 02, 2015, 09:46:58 PM
Uhh, well I hope this doesn't affect the XDS rollout to affiliates.

Yeah, I didn't realize that this could have larger ramifications than just losing the news segments. Art's just going to have to play mediator between the two if it's a choice between XDS and the network as a platform; he can't afford to lose one or the other.

nbirnes

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 02, 2015, 09:40:22 PM
Maybe they both should go

They are not equal -- not by any measurements. I unequivocally respect and like Keith Rowland, and I've worked with him for a couple of years now. He is the center of the whole operation, and Leo has had less than a couple of months. Not the same -- not equal blame.

littlechris

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 02, 2015, 09:40:22 PM
Maybe they both should go

I thought Keith Rowland was part owner of Art's show?

inuk2600

What does Art need this shit for right now

littlechris

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 02, 2015, 09:56:17 PM

^^^^^^ TRUE DAT^^^^^^^^

albrecht

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 02, 2015, 09:56:17 PM
I think paralegals got to some people with some checks? Idk. Otherwise the usual circular firing squad crap that happens with the non-mainstream media, groups, UFO groups, conspiracy, religious fringe, clubs, political groups, etc. And it is a shame, especially, because of the XDS etc, I hope it all works out. Pray, feel vibrations frequencies, mind-over-matter, 19.5, or donate? Keep Art and MITD on and growing.....!!!

norland2424

Fuck leo, why is he acting like a jilted ex gf with the whole its keith or me bit.

Morgus

A new wrinkle that Art reported at the start of the show tonight that Leo claimed to have offers from c2cam (Noory & PremRat)!
Sounds like Noory is continuing his dirty tricks attempting to disrupt Art's operation...

Quote from: nbirnes on October 02, 2015, 09:50:38 PM
They are not equal -- not by any measurements. I unequivocally respect and like Keith Rowland, and I've worked with him for a couple of years now. He is the center of the whole operation, and Leo has had less than a couple of months. Not the same -- not equal blame.

Of course they're not equal.  A news reader is easily dismissed and replaced.  It just seems like it's always something with Keith. 

On the other hand, who cares

popple

Leo, if you are reading this I advise you to not do a 3 hour show. It's going to take you several months to put together.

popple

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 02, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
FFS (not you Tricky-D, the situation).
This makes the "Keith calling Leo competition" thing clear now. Leo is giving people an option to go radio but Keith wants to keep listeners on the stream.

I will miss my giant lobster news.

And all the defecation updates from around the globe.

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2015, 01:01:35 AM
And all the defecation updates from around the globe.

We'll always have The GabCast.

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2015, 12:58:48 AM
Leo, if you are reading this I advise you to not do a 3 hour show. It's going to take you several months to put together.

That and listeners would be lulled to sleep long before such a duration. 

ge30542

Hey Leo, ( in my best Don Corleone voice) "act like a man".
He sounds like a jilted ex-girlfriend.
He should use his downtime to take a 7th grade grammar class and learn how to pronounce simple English language words.
"ART, it's him or me",  lmao

serenity

All I can say is WOW! I liked Dark Matter News.
But enough of that for now

Time for the Saturday post.

Tonight starting at 8PM Central until Midnight Central ( Thats 6 to 10pm Pacific for you guys in Rio Linda ) on http://ksyl.com is: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time. Where Art journeys back to  2/10/99, when Dannion Brinkley recalled his two NDEs and his full death experience when he was out for twenty-eight minutes with a sheet covering his body, and no brain activity.

Ksyl has a live stream listed on their page and they can also be found on Tune-in.
If you are local to NW Louisiana or if the propagation is right, you can hear them on 970AM,
I do not know if the show is in the archive. Jazmunda might have the info on that. However from past info, these may be the "new" classics and may not be in the archive.

For those of you with a bent for nostalgia, from 6pm to 8pm Central, ksyl plays When Radio Was, with old radio shows from the time when "Radio was King!"

Also go to Youtube and "like" all the videos! Help us trend! http://youtube.com/artbell51

Remember "Theres Magic in the Static"

onan

It seems Leo had little insight into his position compared to Keith's. Ultimatums are not always a bad thing. Sometimes it is the only way to get management to listen. When an ultimatum is presented there is most likely a valid correlation with poor management.

I have used ultimatums twice. Both times because management refused to do their jobs and provide a safe environment for their workers. I never lost my position. I did have to deal with a Chinese Wall for a few months (fucking bliss, lemme tell you).

Just because Leo, it seems, lost this battle doesn't mean there isn't some issue that really needs to be addressed.

Waco Kid

Quote from: onan on October 03, 2015, 08:01:17 AMJust because Leo, it seems, lost this battle doesn't mean there isn't some issue that really needs to be addressed.

Like frequently mispronouncing words during a news cast? I believe this has now been addressed.  ;)

onan

Quote from: Waco Kid on October 03, 2015, 08:11:57 AM
Like frequently mispronouncing words during a news cast? I believe this has now been addressed.  ;)

I get that. I doubt that was the issue of an ultimatum (perhaps a precursor). We have a bit of history with Keith, that was pretty much forgotten after an appearance on the Gabcast. But now I am reconsidering Keith's behaviors behind the scenes.

pyewacket

I'm wondering if Art had written up any business agreements. Most issues are set out and agreed upon with contingency clauses covering such problems. There's got to be more to the story.

Waco Kid

Quote from: onan on October 03, 2015, 08:15:14 AM
I get that. I doubt that was the issue of an ultimatum (perhaps a precursor). We have a bit of history with Keith, that was pretty much forgotten after an appearance on the Gabcast. But now I am reconsidering Keith's behaviors behind the scenes.

Yeah, I was mostly (mostly) kidding.

I'm just glad an in-our-face problem has gone away. As long as Art and Keith can work it out in the background, I'm a happy camper. (Easy for me to say.)  :D

onan

Quote from: Waco Kid on October 03, 2015, 08:37:24 AM
Yeah, I was mostly (mostly) kidding.

I'm just glad an in-our-face problem has gone away. As long as Art and Keith can work it out in the background, I'm a happy camper. (Easy for me to say.)  :D

I agree with you. I just want a show. I guess I want everyone to be treated fairly (yeah, I am alone on that ;) ). But the drama for a podcast/internet show does feel a bit bothersome.

indigoo

I just have a bad feeling about all this...I have bad memories of folks going all-in on the airwaves. I can't believe Leo didn't figure out his compensation before hand.

ItsOver

Quote from: Tricky-D on October 02, 2015, 09:30:29 PM
... I thought Art said he was a veteran broadcaster?
If hanging around for awhile makes you veteran broadcaster, so is Noory.

Quote from: ge30542 on October 03, 2015, 07:27:48 AM
Hey Leo, ( in my best Don Corleone voice) "act like a man".
He sounds like a jilted ex-girlfriend.
He should use his downtime to take a 7th grade grammar class and learn how to pronounce simple English language words.
"ART, it's him or me",  lmao

Hell hath no fury. Or furry, as Leo would pronounce it.

area51drone

Art should drop Keith Rowland.  How many times has he been told this by how many people?   He himself was fed up with him and for some unknown reason took him back.   ArtBell.com isn't nearly as good as it could be.  The archives on DMRN aren't done well, including both the website and the shows themselves.    Keith Rowland does a hack job at best.   Leo sees it.  MV saw it.  Art even saw it.   Keith Rowland is the one who should be replaced.   

I was skeptical about Leo's involvement in the beginning, but I did end up liking his work.   I have never liked Keith Rowland's stuff.   Back in the 90's the website was crap too.   Look at the C2C website and how well it's organized just to get an idea of how much better Art's stuff *should* be.    There are no "Note: if you can't log in it's because i'm too much of a hack to do the right thing"  kind of stuff.

area51drone

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 03, 2015, 08:59:42 AM
Hell hath no fury. Or furry, as Leo would pronounce it.

Save those posts for the live strong website forum please.

Oh shit, here we go again