• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: sorefinger on September 26, 2015, 11:02:41 PM
You completely missed the point, probably distracted by the naysayer in you.  You can't deny that my theory helps one to wrap his head around how electrons communicate with each other at far ends of the universe.

Alright, sorry I guess I don't understand.  I'm not a total naysayer though.  I've long had a similar idea as SciFi.  I believe on a fundamental level there may be no dimension.  I think everything is in the same spot, but every 'pixel' in space has a precedent with respect to each other, and information is transmitted from pixel to pixel to pixel giving the sense of dimension and transfer of information at the speed of light.  Two entangled particles would maintain top level precedence with each other until they were disrupted, even as they move apart according to the rest of the Universe.

Anyway, its fun to think about.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 11:02:16 PM
We do need somebody who will listen!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/george-noory-willing-to-accept-draft-for-white-house-run/

Art

Top right: We do need somebody who will listen!

yeah yeah I know the rules: Elections for "top right" is an automatic elimination, but can't we make an exception for Art?

Dave, the talk show host that excels at listening, is funnier than him running for president.

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on September 26, 2015, 10:57:24 PM
But...if one had two magnetic plates spinning in opposition. Im kidding. Sorry. I still, maybe the lawyer type in me, wants to 'break down" the current accepted theories.
1) the "rounding off" (and even new "standards" for basic measurements, as we've discussed before- I hope you watched that interesting BBC show,) also how science can't reproduce many experiments within perceived acceptable levels, especially in certain realms (bad term, but, say "small".)

I still plan to, just haven't watched it yet.

Quote2) derailing thread here- but I've never understood, like Zeno, I guess so good company though centuries later and so, presumed should be smarter, "Half-lives." First time I heard coach ("teaching") about isotopes. Either the description is bad. Or wrong. Or I'm crazy; but how can anything halved ever disappear and how can anything, at some fundamental smallest particle, divide? I'm guessing semantics and "half-life" is just some catch-phrase. But the point, still, in interesting;, maybe?

Hmm, well it depends what you are talking about.  Even protons are expected to be unstable on a ridiculously long time span, and have an estimated half life of something like 10^40 years.  Fundamental particles such as electrons and quarks?  I don't know about those having half lives but not saying they don't.  Half-life means after x amount of time, only half the original number of particles still exist so I think it's pretty descriptive.

Meister_000

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 27, 2015, 12:53:59 AM
Then again, look how far he's gotten with his level of intelligence and talent, and the amount of effort he puts into things. 

He's barely qualified to make sandwiches at the local deli, yet here he is every night on national radio - why wouldn't he think being President is the next logical step?

We'll just have to remind him of his own "special" brand of "logic" -- aka "there are no coincidences". Then link that to that fact, that, while in the Navy, he "never made commander", and finally, help him to understand that that was "a sign" from the Gods of their disfavor and disapproval of him, a presage of his destiny --  a portend, foreshadow, foretelling, prophesy, omen, harbinger, and a warning!

Morgus

Anyone notice this little tidbit in the article?

"Noory told WND he intends to remain the principal host of “Coast to Coast AM,” honoring through 2020 his current contract with Premier Radio Networks"

pate

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 11:10:18 PM
Actually the latest is that Quantum twisting may allow communication,!another words only a partial flip as opposed to the classic on/off or up/down behavior.

Art

Laws, yes.

Quantum twisting spells M-O-O-N, yes sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7PPGS7TpE

That's a good one, coach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomCpLcIyTw

Radio, got soul, Radio...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_-ZeqR1iM

apropos of nothing..(. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7H-Aw35lpE

Quote from: Morgus on September 27, 2015, 01:27:50 AM

"Noory told WND he intends to remain the principal host of “Coast to Coast AM,” honoring through 2020 his current contract with Premier Radio Networks"

Yeah, I took note of that little bit of trivia.  I'm not sure how we were supposed to have men on Mars by 2020, unless Noory believes in Mars One.

pate

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 27, 2015, 12:53:59 AM
He's barely qualified to make sandwiches at the local deli, yet here he is every night on national radio - why wouldn't he think being President is the next logical step?

Arthur Dent wanted to be a sandwich maker.  Dave, sir, yew are no Arthur Dent...

Rix Gins

Quote from: Morgus on September 27, 2015, 01:27:50 AM

Yes, and I also spotted this little item: Noory was born in Detroit in 1950 and is the son of Middle Eastern Christian parents.
And for all these years, I thought he was a Latino!

Meister_000

Hey Art, on Friday afternoon Jaz forwarded this post of yours to Bellgab.

I feel safe to say; "we all" hope your daughter is doing better -- and not in a vague way!   ;)

Ms. C

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/george-noory-willing-to-accept-draft-for-white-house-run/

Art
Sigh, what a run for the White House ... Dave, Trump and let me add to the mix my little Carson Sam!!!  I know  Carson will listen [as I've trained him well, (all for a treat and a belly rub)] and you'll even get an extra lick if you're a good person ... but if he knows you're a sh*t, he'll call you out with a growl and an ankle bite!

GravitySucks

Art
Would Tommy take the 3am phone call?
Would Numbers Lady head up the Fed?
RCH would suck up to be NASA administrator
LMH would be press secretary
Falkie as chief of staff
Damion Brinkley VA
Numbers Lady as Treasury Secretary (after the Fed was abolished)

Together they would save the grid and control all the mean babies.

FRIKKIN lunatic. He can't listen to his current guests well enough to notice that the guest just answered the question on the next 3x5 card.

Well Reagan started his career in radio.

OHMYGAWD!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: sorefinger on September 26, 2015, 11:02:41 PM
You completely missed the point, probably distracted by the naysayer in you.  You can't deny that my theory helps one to wrap his head around how electrons communicate with each other at far ends of the universe.
Would that make him a long wire denier?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 27, 2015, 08:32:54 AM
Falkie as chief of staff
Damion Brinkley VA

FRIKKIN lunatic. He can't listen to his current guests well enough to notice that the guest just answered the question on the next 3x5 card.

OHMYGAWD!!!
;D

whoozit

Falkie as chief of staff
Damion Brinkley VA

OHMYGAWD!!!

I wonder if they make 3 barreled shotguns so I can chew on one?

munbeam666

Art
OMG! For real???? I guess hes getting tired of hosting C2C
Maybe he should ask The Donald to be his running mate

starrmtn001

Falkie as chief of staff
Damion Brinkley VA

OHMYGAWD!!!

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
So with that theory as a model it should be possible to communicate by making long or short tugs on the line and communicate with Morse code at faster then the speed of light?

Art

doesn't that depend on just how fast the man keying the message is and more so on how fast the receiver is at transcribing the dots and dashes?  I can imagine the scene this way, the receiver is scratching away at his pad, breaks the tip of his pencil and has to break in with, "Say again all after 'In the beginning....'

paladin1991

Quote from: sorefinger on September 26, 2015, 10:47:44 PM
Exactly. Or better yet, treat gravity as a carrier, then modulate voice on top of it.

so then we would have AM, FM and GM?

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 26, 2015, 11:27:20 PM
My theory is that advanced civilizations go through Type I to Type II in just a few years as superintelligence is achieved. Then, as you say, they retreat into virtual realities. But they wouldn't emit much heat because they would have gone nanotechnological and merged with their nanotech and become incorporeal. A highly advanced civilization may simply appear as a fog bank on an otherwise completely natural looking planet. They would need no structures of any kind and would consume very little power. The only way to detect them would be spectrographically or looking for very low energy RF from the communications of the nanorobots.

No civilization ever reaches Type III because there simply isn't any reason to travel in space when you've retreated into a virtual reality utopia. To hell with the universe.

Well shit brother, I'm in an altered conciousness half the time I post here or call into shows.  You're right, the hell with all of you.

paladin1991

Quote from: Morgus on September 27, 2015, 12:50:40 AM
Isn't time traveler Andy Bisiago running for Pres in 2016 also?  8)

NO.  He already ran.  Get it?

paladin1991

Quote from: whoozit on September 27, 2015, 01:16:51 AM
Now I am rooting for the world to end on the 28th.  Thanks for that.

That's tomorrow!  Looks like I picked the wrong day to begin sobriety.

Dyna-X

Art

I really like his views and platform that could be branded "Compassionate Libertarianism." If he was on the campaign trail and/or in office C2C would also be a vacuum for new talent. So a win-win all around.  The downside is the Big Boys in Washington, I am afraid, would eat him alive and he would be well meaning, but ineffectual.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 27, 2015, 01:26:48 PM
I really like his views and platform that could be branded "Compassionate Libertarianism." If he was on the campaign trail and/or in office C2C would also be a vacuum for new talent. So a win-win all around.  The downside is the Big Boys in Washington, I am afraid, would eat him alive and he would be well meaning, but ineffectual.
That's very kind of you, Dyna-X  :P
Look at the source World Nuts Daily. I don't know whether to categorize it as free advertising or propaganda, but it made me throw up in my mouth a little  :o  :P  :P  :P

BobGrau

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 26, 2015, 10:38:45 PM
I hate to be the naysayer, but I would like to point out a couple of things.   The idea that you could rig a cable or a pole between two distant objects to overcome the speed of light is a common one, but unfortunately incorrect.   Apart from the physical limitations of there being no materials that could deal with the incredible stresses involved to overcome its own inertia, all of the atoms in such a cable would be bound together by electromagnetic forces.   Electromagnetic forces are mediated by the photon, and so no force could propogate along a cable faster than the speed of light.

The second thing is gravity.  It is a consequence of Einstein's Theory of Relativity that gravity must propogate at the speed of light.  It is a difficult thing to measure, but experiments have supported this as being true.  It is generally accepted that gravity cannot travel faster than light.

To put it in more general terms, what we call the speed of light is more correctly the speed of information.  It is as quickly as information about forces can be transferred.  Quantum entanglement gets around this by transferring no useful information (don't ask me  :-\, that's what the physicists say)

Sorry, back to the drawing board :(

I fucking love this place.

I really do sound like Comic Book Guy there, don't I?