• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 09:56:04 AM
AND BACK TO TOPIC after that wonderful twirl,

I found out why Art's callers were screened.  They had to be or people would pay the full cost of calling the Philippines.  When he was back in Pahrump there briefly, he was back to his normal SOP.  So cross that one off as a possible political factoid contributing the Final Quit.

Anagrammy

That makes a lot of sense. I've always had a problem with this as an explanation for what got to Art after the Halloween 2010 show. Good to know my gut was right!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 09:56:04 AM
AND BACK TO TOPIC after that wonderful twirl,

I found out why Art's callers were screened.  They had to be or people would pay the full cost of calling the Philippines.  When he was back in Pahrump there briefly, he was back to his normal SOP.  So cross that one off as a possible political factoid contributing the Final Quit.

Anagrammy
i don't know about that... because the calls to the show were placed to a U.S. number.  the audio from those calls was then fed from L.A. through the ISDN line as was everything else, so it shouldn't have mattered if he were in the philippines or cleveland in terms of being able to take calls unscreened.

Eddie Coyle

The Ghost to Ghost show that became Art's Swan Song(for the time being) didn't strike me as being much "worse"(in terms of callers) than any other program in the past 3-5 years or so. Maybe the mediocrity has become de rigueur in C2C orbit in recent years has made me expect/accept the worst. Art seemed somewhat underwhelmed by the callers that night, but again, that's hardly a new development-it's been that way for at least 3-5 years(if not more)...so I'm skeptical of the claims that something happened that night to hasten his departure.

coastfan

Regarding open lines, I distinctly remember Art conducting such a broadcast from the Phillipines sometime post-retirement in which he explained that the calls would not be answered until he put the caller on the air, for which reason callers would have to let the phone ring until he answered---in order to save callers from paying exorbitant long distance and/or cell phone bills.

FortRock

I take it you guys miss me, and the morale boost I gave you all waiting for the return of Art! It's 04/10/11 today, late April is coming! Is it my picture, or not? NOT IMPORTANT.

Mops

Wouldn't it be weird if Art turned up as an Elvis impersonator? 

lasertron

Quote from: Mops on April 10, 2011, 11:16:02 PM
Wouldn't it be weird if Art turned up as an Elvis impersonator?

Yes

YNOT

Wait a sec...didn't FR say his source was in Portland? 
There's a theory that Jim Morrison  is alive in Oregon.  Just sayin...

George sucks

Just some observations. It is a common thing for a non-compete clause to be in a contract of the sorts Art would have been under. Typical is a year from departure to not "compete". If you look at a year from when he "left", then that might be the earliest he could get back on the radio.

Don't know about you all, but I'm 50/50 on the matter. Depends on the mood, which way the wind blows. Radio is in Art's blood, bones, whatever. He has a DNA strand that is an antenna, another one that's a mike. He has to do radio. Wether the HAM fills that need, don't know. If he got back on the radio in some capacity, wouldn't surprise me a bit. He would get his fix. He could show everyone what's what that has messed up his C2C and burry it with a new show. Would keep him busy. His wife could see him work. The kid is getting a little older.

The flip side, why bother. The headaches, the involvement, who needs the problems. He's got everything. Why complicate life.

Time will tell. If he does comeback, I hope it's a new show. Late at night. And I hope it wipes out the old C2C in a matter of a couple weeks. And then who would it be to fade into the ether with little or no fan fare? Our beloved George, sniff, sniff. Okay, I'm over it.

MV/Liberace!

hi, GS.  great post, and welcome to the forums.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Fort Rock on April 10, 2011, 10:55:44 PM
I take it you guys miss me, and the morale boost I gave you all waiting for the return of Art! It's 04/10/11 today, late April is coming! Is it my picture, or not? NOT IMPORTANT.

Digitech

Am I the only person who finds the reponses to Fort Rock a wee bit excessive?

You've been bashing him for about ten straight pages now. Time to give it a rest?

Quote from: Digitech on April 11, 2011, 10:51:41 AM

You've been bashing him for about ten straight pages now. Time to give it a rest?

I don't think that you are the only one who finds the responses to be excessive, they have already been compared to ejaculation by one user and if you continue back through the previous pages, there are others who have voiced a similar opinion to yours. I can't reference them because I don't feel like opening another browser window... But the pages and pages of posts from Ft. Rock far outweigh the natural reaction that is underway and still growing here in this thread.

Action/Reaction. Cause/Effect.

MV/Liberace!

yes.

Eddie Coyle

I take it you guys miss me

How can we miss you when you don't go away... ;D

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 11, 2011, 12:07:55 PM
yes.

No.  You cannot throw meat in the tiger cage and expect a calm response.  You can't post "AMERICA EATS ITS SINGLE MEN FOR BREAKFAST coupled with "it's all the feminists' fault" and expect the cumulative wit and humor of this shark tank to ignore it. 

AND---AND-- after that you declare that you yourself want a baby wife like Art because, for whatever reason, your search for true love, sorry, reproductive fulfillment is not coming to fruition in your own country.  There is ten pages worth of WTF material right there in one post--AND HE POSTED MORE!

The obvious dope gets the predicted Comedy Central treatment and I have been laughing my sides off, and I don't always laugh out loud to the Daily Show, so don't be casting Mr. Rock as a victim here.  He has it coming (hah!) and if he sticks around for his own roasting, I'll have more respect for him...

Meanwhile, Fort Baby, freeze your happy juice because in your age group, PC no longer means Politically Correct...

Anagrammy

...that's all you have to say?!

haloedorchid

Quote from: Fort Rock on February 22, 2011, 11:08:41 PM
I don't know where this is coming from, space or somewhere else, but Art will announce sometime in March his plans to return to the air! An announcement is coming soon!

The only thing Fort Rock has gotten correct is an announcement of an announcement. It proves nothing.

He has submitted multiple postings claiming to have insider knowledge. He has failed to provide a shred of evidence. He was handed an opportunity to legitimize his claims by responding to Michael V.'s challenge of his alleged UnknownCountry.com affiliation. Again, he failed to do so. How many inflammatory statements is one allowed to make before they are called on the carpet for them?

This message board was built on wit, snark, sarcasm, and questioning. If you are going to make a provocative statement, be prepared to defend your position. I'm sure Fort Rock knows exactly what he is doing -- dropping in every several posts to stoke the coals, then watch the flames of reactions. He is hardly an innocent harbinger of Art Bell's intentions; I think he very much enjoys the attention he is receiving.

b_dubb

yes.  i in fact defended FR. right up until he blamed Feminists and women in general for his inability to find a mate. then ... i ... um ... figured he probably had it coming.  i don't really care about FR's predictions.  it just seemed like FR was pretty much asking for it

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 11, 2011, 04:19:18 PM
No.  You cannot throw meat in the tiger cage and expect a calm response.  You can't post "AMERICA EATS ITS SINGLE MEN FOR BREAKFAST coupled with "it's all the feminists' fault" and expect the cumulative wit and humor of this shark tank to ignore it. 

AND---AND-- after that you declare that you yourself want a baby wife like Art because, for whatever reason, your search for true love, sorry, reproductive fulfillment is not coming to fruition in your own country.  There is ten pages worth of WTF material right there in one post--AND HE POSTED MORE!

The obvious dope gets the predicted Comedy Central treatment and I have been laughing my sides off, and I don't always laugh out loud to the Daily Show, so don't be casting Mr. Rock as a victim here.  He has it coming (hah!) and if he sticks around for his own roasting, I'll have more respect for him...

Meanwhile, Fort Baby, freeze your happy juice because in your age group, PC no longer means Politically Correct...

Anagrammy
what she said

C110

My thought about Art is this...after a certain age you realize that you won't live forever.  I'm sure Art is very comfortable financially.  He has worked hard to get what he has and is a true talent.  I think he is enjoying and making the most of his retirement.  If you were to poll others his age asking them if they would like to be retired I think the majority would say "yes".

I don't blame him for wanting to enjoy the fruits of his labor while he still can without the headaches or schedule of being a radio host or anything else for that matter.  I would absolutely do the same.

As far as money, if he would ever start to run low he could always do consulting work at his leisure and command however much money he wanted.

I doubt seriously that he will ever return to Coast to Coast.....and I don't blame him.

FortRock

THE POISON IN THE SOUL:

This site is not an Art Bell friendly site! My writing on the foriegn bride issue was a test prefigured by my Portland Source, and myself. I intentionally presented that rant to draw certain un-named persons to the reaction they provided willingly here. This site is LOADED with those who potentially sympathized with the anti-Art Bell "I hate Phillipinos Letter" champaign! I will not name names, but I cannot continue to provide information to a site which is biused against Art Bell's marraige to Airyn! The real imminent return of Art must be very scary to certain people, people who really support the moral value system of George Noory, regardless of what they say on this site! We are well aware of covert actions against Art by the Noory element, which will be dealt with at the appropriate time. This could extend to shutting down websites critical of Mail Order Bride Marraige, or Foreign Bride Marraige, pick your title. Art IS returning, revenge IS hell!

ourobouros2k2

well ain't you just the puppet master.

Later gepetto, off to find the poopcorn and a bottle of "I hate phillipinos letter Champaign". What is a good year for that BTW?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Fort Rock on April 11, 2011, 07:46:10 PM
THE POISON IN THE SOUL:

This site is not an Art Bell friendly site! My writing on the foriegn bride issue was a test prefigured by my Portland Source, and myself. I intentionally presented that rant to draw certain un-named persons to the reaction they provided willingly here. This site is LOADED with those who potentially sympathized with the anti-Art Bell "I hate Phillipinos Letter" champaign! I will not name names, but I cannot continue to provide information to a site which is biused against Art Bell's marraige to Airyn! The real imminent return of Art must be very scary to certain people, people who really support the moral value system of George Noory, regardless of what they say on this site! We are well aware of covert actions against Art by the Noory element, which will be dealt with at the appropriate time. This could extend to shutting down websites critical of Mail Order Bride Marraige, or Foreign Bride Marraige, pick your title. Art IS returning, revenge IS hell!

HumanBeing

THE POISON IN THE SOUL:

Did you forget to take your pills sir?
Don't panic. Just breathe deep and count little Charlie Mansons jumping a prison fence.
When you feel the sleep fairy tickle your nutsack then you know it is safe to go outside for fresh air.
Just change out of your pajama's, or as momma calls them dougie pants, and head upstairs out of that basement with no windows.

Fly By Night

THE POISON IN THE SOUL:

Sure thing...I'm starting to wonder if you even know who Art Bell is

MV/Liberace!

i would like to emphasize something:

if you are finding this thread for the first time and the comments against "fort rock" have led you to believe coastgab is a flame forum, you're mistaken.  please go back to the beginning of this thread, read thoroughly, and you'll undoubtedly conclude that "fort rock" is getting what he had coming to him.  he is an agent of misinformation who appears to suffer from numerous social disorders.

again... please read this entire thread before reaching any conclusions.

JustOneFix

THE POISON IN THE SOUL:

This site is not an Art Bell friendly site!
This is not a troll friendly site!
QuoteMy writing on the foriegn bride issue was a test prefigured by my Portland Source, and myself. I intentionally presented that rant to draw certain un-named persons to the reaction they provided willingly here.
Your Portland source should do your writing for you. You make no sense with this lame attempt at trying to sound intellectual & dignified.

QuoteThis site is LOADED with those who potentially sympathized with the anti-Art Bell "I hate Phillipinos Letter" champaign! I will not name names, but I cannot continue to provide information to a site which is biused against Art Bell's marraige to Airyn! The real imminent return of Art must be very scary to certain people, people who really support the moral value system of George Noory, regardless of what they say on this site! We are well aware of covert actions against Art by the Noory element, which will be dealt with at the appropriate time. This could extend to shutting down websites critical of Mail Order Bride Marraige, or Foreign Bride Marraige, pick your title. Art IS returning, revenge IS hell!

Ok. Sure. What about the Fort Rock Troll Element?

haloedorchid

We are well aware of covert actions against Art by the Noory element, which will be dealt with at the appropriate time.