• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 04, 2011, 08:31:43 AM

Geez, not everybody that makes coherent pro-George arguments works for Premier. 
In fact, I don't think they would consider it worth their time at all to even READ posts here, let alone join in.
agreed.

when you work on something that is publicly marketed on a wide scale, like records, video games, movies, overnight talk radio etc., you tend to stick an ear out to these sort of fan-driven forums and websites. It can be fun sometimes to read speculation and supposed facts being reported by people who don't have a clue while you yourself are directly involved and know more. Sometimes the urge to intervene becomes so great that you or someone around you engages in conversation with the fan community, usually under anonymous assumed identities.

It happens to people with "normal" jobs now too, it's called Yelp.com.

On one hand, you might think it's not worth their time, but there is more than one low ranking person who works for Premiere Radio Networks lurking here.

wasn't finished:

In closing, I am convinced to high shit that they are here and it'd be a hard job swaying me otherwise.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 04, 2011, 10:18:48 AM
wasn't finished:

In closing, I am convinced to high shit that they are here and it'd be a hard job swaying me otherwise.
oh, i definitely believe they've read posts here, at least occasionally... but only for the purpose of ensuring we're not saying anything we shouldn't.  i think they probably perceive themselves to be "above" actually posting on an otherwise unknown, irrelevant little message board like ours.

Eddie Coyle

Give me a million Fort Rock wild prognostications over one Nooron apologetic every day of week. The Noory-ites would have fit in nicely at the Jonestown Temple, Guyana.

Marc.Knight

... a few minutes later I finally woke up, and suddenly realized that I had stumbled into a George Noory convention.

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on April 03, 2011, 11:10:24 PM
With such an obvious lack of information yet a complete willingness to post here, among real experts, I have to suspect you as IvannZ 2.0-- i.e., a troll.
in other words ... same shit ... different user wrapper

b_dubb

Quote from: Gilganjun on April 04, 2011, 02:11:44 AM
This cult compound is quite hilarious Mops but I'd prefer to talk with the elders of the tribe rather than the expendable ground sweeper..
expandable! HA! nice typo

FortRock

MORE FROM FORT ROCK / PORTLAND:

You have mentioned that the Art Bell Facebook page has Phil Hendrie as a "Friend". Well KFI-AM 640 beginning this weekend in Los Angeles is going to air a Saturday Night Special of Phil Hendrie at the same time that Coast is airing the Ian Punnett Saturday Show of Coast! Then my Portland source called me saying there may be a new partnership between Art Bell, and Phil Hendrie. The arrival of Phil Hendrie on Saturdays on KFI, MAY be an early phase of the announcement by Art Bell coming up late this month. Check your local Coast Station for this Phil Hendrie/Ian Punnett switch as the month of April moves along on Saturdays! As you know, Phil Hendrie was also "discovered" by Alan Corbeth. Phil MAY go into semi-retirment, and work Saturday nights only for Art! The quicksand is softening under the feet of George Noory! Art is putting off the announcement until after Lent out of respect for his wife Airyn, and Phillipino custom not to announce new business ventures during Lent!!

b_dubb

is it possible that your portland contact is just messing with your mind? just wondering

coastfan

I hope you're right, Ft. Rock. My hopes are up.

And yes, you absolutely NEED the bumper music for the true C2C experience. I can't stand how they cut it out on the official C2C downloads.

Quote from: b_dubb on April 04, 2011, 06:31:49 PM
is it possible that your portland contact is just messing with your mind? just wondering

I'm finding that Lent bit a little suspicious.  That's a pretty subtle custom (which I've never even heard of) to be influencing serious, multimillion dollar business.

ourobouros2k2

I'm confused, I thought Phil and Art had an adversarial, antagonistic type of relationship. From some of the things that I remember Art saying about him, he would be the last person he would ever enter into a partnership. Your portland source probably pulling your leg, lol.

FortRock

OUROBOUROS2K2:

I totally remember the infighting, but I've been an insider fan of Professional Wrestling too! I've seen the bad guy wrestlers arrive at matches with the good guy wrestlers! They in reality should HATE each other, yet they arrive in the same cars. Are we seeing the same phenomina with Art and Phil? I'm really wondering here?

anagrammy

Quote from: The General on April 04, 2011, 09:27:16 AM

HA ha.  I didn't say CONVINCING.

And besides, isn't "coherent pro-George argument" an oxymoron in the first place?

Ana

Quote from: Fort Rock on April 04, 2011, 07:48:55 PM
OUROBOUROS2K2:

I totally remember the infighting, but I've been an insider fan of Professional Wrestling too! I've seen the bad guy wrestlers arrive at matches with the good guy wrestlers! They in reality should HATE each other, yet they arrive in the same cars. Are we seeing the same phenomina with Art and Phil? I'm really wondering here?

Differences here, Sucking at Radio is the "bad guy"/powers that be, Noory is the reigning heel, and Art Bell is the face who arrives to earth-shattering cusco entrance music at the opportune moment. I just hope that, as in professional wrestling, none of this has been fabricated intentionally in order to create excitement over two bodies that may or may not be present in the same ring!

anagrammy

Quote from: morphiaflow on April 04, 2011, 02:24:22 AM
This is largely for Gilganjun's benefit. What follows is a long quote from a post I made some weeks/pages back. Those of you who've already read it, please disregard.

Gilganjun: What follows pretty much sums up why *I* have personally lost faith in Coast under Noory, and why I have joined the chorus of anti-Noory dissent after many long years of being an apologist for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. I speak only for myself below, but I'm pretty certain there are a few who might agree with me.

And let me make clear....despite the following, and my general agreement with most of those on this board about Noory's competence (or lack thereof) as a host, I have nothing personal against the man. I happen to believe he's both fool and tool, but I don't necessarily believe he's a horrible, evil person. In fact, one on one, he might be the nicest guy in the world, just like Bell might well be brusque or impersonal.

But it's the quality of the job that matters--as well as where they are coming from as people and otherwise. (Nevermind the whatever questionable or unethical business or personal dealings, and whatever other unknown factors or dynamics, may or may not being going on behind the scenes.) You and I may disagree about Noory versus Bell on a qualitative level, but MY issues are below.

About all of which, read on....

So that's it. Art never, ever, EVER endorsed anyone's agenda. He was never anyone's tool, and he was never anyone's fool.

Can you honestly say that the same is true, on any of those points, about Noory?

Eloquent, morphiaflow, and speaks politely and rationally to the rude ad hominem attacks of the troll who comments on the wineglass in my hand at my daughter's wedding. Too bad he didn't have some good examples of Noory host excellence for his side of the argument...

Anagrammy

b_dubb

Quote from: Fort Rock on April 04, 2011, 07:48:55 PM
OUROBOUROS2K2:

wrestling is theater.  really dumb theater (IMHO).  this (art vs hendrie) is different

Quote from: anagrammy on April 04, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
rude ad hominem attacks of the troll

I like how he actually half-assedly created an account and then chose sonny chiba's photo as an avatar, signifying that he was ready for all-out battle, only to promptly retreat. Sucking at life is obvious!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on April 04, 2011, 06:31:49 PM

I found a photo of "The Portland Source."

Rocker107

As far as I know, Art found Phil Hendrie's impression of him funny. And I'm pretty sure Hendrie respects Art, so them entering into some sort of partnership wouldn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me.

morphiaflow

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the Art Bell and Phil Hendrie Facebook profiles are friended to one another because I sent them both a friend suggestion there. It was, indeed, partly because Hendrie has a long list of "radio friends" on his profile, and I know that he and Art have been friendly in the past, so I figured it didn't hurt. Perhaps Hendrie took it at face value and accepted it as Art; perhaps they've communicated and Hendrie is satisifed that it's really him; or perhaps he doesn't care whether it is or not. Whatever, while I continue to be hopeful, I wouldn't read too much into this particular connection. Just sayin'.

morphiaflow

The Lent thing actually makes a weird kinda sense.

But I've got another possibility. Follow me on this.

Elvis Presely died in 1977. Supposedly.

Andy Kaufman died in 1984. Supposedly.

Elvis "sightings" began to become HUGE pop culture occurrences in the mid to late 80s and well into the 90s, fuelling the "Elvis Is Alive" speculation.

I had a friend who postulated that it was, in fact, Andy Kaufman who faked his own death and then began making "appearances" as Elvis.

In the same vein, what if the "new" Art Bell show will actually be PHIL HENDRIE AS ART BELL?

How's THAT for a conspiracy for ya?

(I'd still take it over Noory.)

*as a postscript, I'd like to add that Elvis Presley did, in fact, finally, formally and officially die in late 1994, following the announcement of his daughter Lisa Marie's marriage to Michael Jackson. Said The King, "Ah can't buh-lieve she married that FREAK!" And then he keeled over.

morphiaflow

To set the record straight:

Hendrie has been a guest on Coast. It was under GN, but it was early in the reign and it was an entertaining appearance.

Hendrie's Bell impression is done, by his own admission, out of love & respect for Art and what Art does.

When questioned about it numerous times by callers, Bell has stated that he loves it, he's not offended by it, and he has nothing but praise and respect for Hendrie. He made it clear that it's never bothered him. He even referenced "the General" on a few occasions. I'm pretty sure that mp3's can be found (if not posted here) to support this. I know I have them somewhere.

I see no reason for any of them to be lying about any of this. So I DO take it at face value.

If there's been any behind the scenes infighting, I've never heard about it.

Case closed.

Fly By Night

My Waterloo Iowa source told me that Art is coming back, but only to sell his Pizza Punch oil thing

Quote from: Fly By Night on April 04, 2011, 09:06:25 PM
My Waterloo Iowa source told me that Art is coming back, but only to sell his Pizza Punch oil thing

This ties in with what my contact at the santa barbara olive company told me about the production of a new alternate version of the same sauce but with a different label.

Great work, Fly By Night. Attached is the message from SBOCo. However, most of the tantalizing details are found in the subtext:

Good Day Mitch,
   Unfortunately the Santa Barbara Olive Co. no longer makes Art
Bell's Pizza Punch. I do have a very similar oil that is available. The
Italian Oil in a 5 oz bottle contains a red chili pepper and Italian
spices. That is what we like to use on our pizza.
   Attached you will find our catalog and retail price list. Or
order online at www.sbolive.com

Regards,

Allison
Santa Barbara Olive Co., Inc.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on April 04, 2011, 07:23:35 PM
I'm confused, I thought Phil and Art had an adversarial, antagonistic type of relationship. From some of the things that I remember Art saying about him, he would be the last person he would ever enter into a partnership. Your portland source probably pulling your leg, lol.
on the contrary, i've heard art say he's a fan of phil, and he's even played one of phil's bits on c2c in the past.

b_dubb

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 04, 2011, 08:21:31 PM

Teen Witch Rap Scene- Top that!
wow that's pretty fresh guildnavigator. i wonder if the actors and actresses have been able to live this down. or if the regulars at the Waffle House that they all work at constantly give them shit for it

MV/Liberace!

just a random plug for the ArtAudio group which i encourage all of you to join if you'd like to trade c2c shows:

http://groups.google.com/group/artaudio